[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 30 and have 50,000 bucks saved up. I can't stand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
I'm 30 and have 50,000 bucks saved up.

I can't stand the thought of working anymore and I don't want to interact with other humans anymore.

How can I make this fifty grand set me up like pic related for the rest of my life? Or, failing that, as long as possible? I'm ready to live in a van, move to a cheaper country, whatever.

Please help me. I can't stand being a wage slave any more, but I don't know how to escape this system.
>>
So fucking reckless

Unless you're willing to literally live on the streets and eat out of the trash, there is almost no way to live on $1,000 a year.
>>
File: 1459583665860.png (325 KB, 515x518) Image search: [Google]
1459583665860.png
325 KB, 515x518
>>27578683
Well, hormonal supplements, make up, and dresses surely don't cost that much.
>>
File: 1459602749940.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1459602749940.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>27578713
Are you suggesting he employ himself as a transvestite prostitute?
>>
>>27578683

How much do you make per year?
>>
File: 1459514130369.jpg (49 KB, 717x698) Image search: [Google]
1459514130369.jpg
49 KB, 717x698
>>27578738
Of course I am, he wanted to be a cute anime girl right? That's the point of this thread right?
>>
>>27578683
You could probably last two years but than youd have to explain the two year gap to your future employer.
>>
>>27578706

dude do you have any fucking clue how much perfectly good food ends up in the trash behind restaurants and shit

>2016
>having a food budget above zero dollars
>>
File: 1452301051872.jpg (89 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1452301051872.jpg
89 KB, 604x604
>>27578683
I'm 25 and in a similar situation financially. I've thought a lot about moving into my parents basement or some shitty trailer in the woods, living off my money until they die and I inherit everything. It's technically possible, but I don't think that lifestyle is good in the long run. While shutting myself in is probably what I want to do most at the moment, it's unlikely I'd still feel the same way after 5-10 years. I can only imagine how much regret I'd feel once I decided to move on from that.

You should look into other alternative lifestyles like being a "digital nomad" if you really wanted to escape the situation you're in. I can't vouch for those either though.
>>
Just move to Vietnam you could probably life off 50,000 comfortably for at least 5 years.
>>
>>27578756

Right now about 45,000.

>>27578795

I guess I could just take a two year break. Maybe I'll feel stir crazy enough when that's done to at least get a shitty part time job. As for the gap - "Family tragedy and I had to take care of some things" maybe?

>>27578811

This. Have already been practicing dumpster diving. Even if I wanted to keep working, I eat better for free than I ever did going to the store.

>>27578848

Thanks.
>>
Organize some large event, buy EOD suit covered with additional level 4 bulletproof material, automatic rifle of your choice and make this world witness the best school shooting in history.
>>
>>27579050

No. I may not like people, but I ain't gonna be a dick like that.
>>
>>27579050
Good luck getting full auto unless you nigger rig it
>>
Invest in shit (/biz/ is mostly shilling but it is occasionally helpful), amazon/ebay trading
>>
>>27579095
Good on you, anon.
You should look into how much it would cost to move to some East Euro/SE Asia country. You might be able to stretch that money pretty far.

>>27579102
I don't know the going rates of EOD suits but full-auto is definitely within the price range of $50000. Hell, he could just buy a full-auto sear and install it illegally at that point.
>>
> buy acre near the sea
> buy RV
> buy boat catch Lobster, fish and seaweed.
> buy guitar
>>
>>27579153

Sounds great, but I couldn't afford the acre and probably couldn't even afford the boat. Shit's expensive, man.
>>
>>27579114

I do have some stocks, but they're locked away in a roth ira. Not gonna help me until I'm an old man.
>>
What country do you live in OP?

If you live in Canada, West and North Europe you can get NEETbux and be set for life. USA and East Europe, not so much.

if you don't live in a free shit country use the money you have to get settle in one. Sweden gives people on welfare about $1,100 CAD a month. I live in Canada and get only $640 CAD a month, which you can live off of with a room mate or parent. Luckily I'm autistic enough to be eligible for $1,500 or so a month so I am in the process of applying for that so I can live a solitary NEET lifestyle.
>>
File: 1447025222275.png (486 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
1447025222275.png
486 KB, 1062x1062
>>27579238
>If you live in Canada, West and North Europe you can get NEETbux and be set for life

why wasn't I born in these countries?
>>
File: kurumi-condom2.jpg (105 KB, 850x617) Image search: [Google]
kurumi-condom2.jpg
105 KB, 850x617
Countries I've been to:

Thailand: Eating out costs about $100/mo.
I had free rent so no comment on that.

Malaysia: Eating out costs about $120/mo.
Rent is around $100/mo.

Singapore: Eating out costs around $360/mo.
I didn't stay here so no comment on acco.

India: 3 vegetarian meals a day plus a bed in a shared room is $75/mo.
>>
>>27579238

US of fuckin' A. Pretty sure they won't let me move to Canada or Sweden if I don't have a job lined up (have looked up immigration process before multiple times, fuck this country)

But I could probably manage to line up a job - still, they'd kick me out if I didn't actually go, wouldn't they? Almost positive the number one fear of goverments letting people in is that they won't work. Don't think I can count on getting foreign NEETbux
>>
>>27579231
Then invest in some current stocks
>>
>>27579258

That's some handy info.

Any word on being whitey in these places? I may be paranoid, but I feel like in a shared room - or anywhere if I'm out too long, really - I may get my shit stolen, or worse.

And what about internet speed? Internet is pretty important as an outlet. Free wifi might be too much to hope for.
>>
>>27579286
I say find a job in Sweden, move there, and once you have full citizenship have a convincing mental breakdown and collect NEETbux.
>>
Okay, so I've been thinking about this; do you all see any obvious problems?

>Already have paid off car
>Buy a roomy tent and a large backpack
>Find forested nook somewhere near suburban area with lots of shops
>Live in tent, get food from dumpsters
>Download stuff in starbucks or library to later play/fap to in tent
>Any money scrounged from begging or the off craigslist job goes to gas so I can move to a new area when I get tired of where I'm at/the cops tell me to move on.

With a decent amount in the bank as a safety net for emergencies, this can work, right?
>>
>>27579326

>To obtain Swedish citizenship you must meet the following requirements:
>Be at least 18 years of age.
>Have permanent right of residence in Sweden.
>Have lived in Sweden for at least five consecutive years or two if you are a Nordic citizen.
>Have no criminal record.

Five fucking years is a long time to work for a ruse with so little payoff.
>>
>>27578683
buy a .45 acp gun, hollow point ammo and a silencer
then kill yourself
that's it
no more pain
>>
>>27579418

Escapism is enough of a relief from pain for me. I really don't need to end my existence, although it's nice to know that's always an option.

Besides, VR is coming out soon! And if I hold on long enough, maybe we'll have robots take over all the jobs and I'll get income just for being a human being or some shit.
>>
File: south-indian.jpg (269 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
south-indian.jpg
269 KB, 3072x1728
>>27579316

Thailand:
Whities are not that uncommon.
No one will steal your shit. Single rooms aren't expensive.
Internet landline requires 1 yr contract. Unlimited mobile internet is at a good price/speed ($20-$30) if you live somewhere more developed.

Malaysia:
Whities aren't rare.
$100/mo rent gets you your own room, shared bathroom. Often includes utilities/AC and internet. Sometimes now. No one will steal your shit, I'm in a $120/mo room right now where and outside my windows are Bentleys, BMWs, and Benz from the chinks. That being said, I know one girl that got purse-snatched by a motorbike here in front of a bank.
Landline speeds are good, maybe 1MB/s if it's not shared. A mobile plan w/ unlimited internet from 1am-7am @ 300 KB/s - 1 MB/s is $10.

Singapore:
Tons of whities, everyone speaks English.
No comment on accommodation and internet speed. It's more developed than Los Angeles I can tell you that.

India:
Depending on where you go, whities can be rare and Indians will try to talk to you.
You can get a single room for maybe $50/mo w/o food. I haven't had problems with theft even though I leave gobs of money and laptop out but it depends on your company. Issue is Indians don't have much sense of privacy or personal space and it can get very irritating.
Internet has been shit for me here.
>>
>>27579455
that's why you buy the gun
to know that any time you can end it if it gets bad
you dont have to kill yourself as soon as you get it
>>
>>27579391
5 years is nothing man, I think back to good times I had that feel like they were yesterday. Then I count and it's been 5 years.

$1,100 is what you get just for being unemployed in Sweden. Hell, they pay high school students to go to classes there.

If you have a stressful day at work in Sweden, throw your papers in the air, scream that you're going to kill yourself, smash your head repeated against a door, then lay in the foetal position sobbing as you wet yourself.

They'll probably give you like $3,000 a month.
>>
>>27579376
Well there's the whole being homeless thing. It works, but I'd try it out for a week or two while still having a residence to be sure you can tolerate it.
>>
>>27579465

Wow, thanks a lot. Really handy writeup and I know it took you a bit of time to write it. So you travel a lot for work, or what?

>>27579478

I mean, I could also just find a train. Why waste money I could spend on food or lube on a gun?

>>27579479

Still skeptical - consider myself open minded, but my gut tells me it wouldn't work. I mean, aren't there already a lot of middle easterners probably trying to work this scam already?
>>
File: thailand-khao-mu-grob.jpg (224 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
thailand-khao-mu-grob.jpg
224 KB, 3072x1728
>>27579525

No, I'm a brokeass neet. Apparently I can survive long term out of country but am a complete failure in California.
>>
>>27579620
Where does your money come from, TravelingNeet?

I would like to do this.
>>
File: bangalore-outskirts.jpg (304 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
bangalore-outskirts.jpg
304 KB, 3072x1728
>>27580573

My family gave me some money and kicked me out for being too much of a loser NEET.

I also write software on the side but it only makes me a whopping $300/yr.

I've been managing the past year because people seem to like giving me free housing/food.
>>
File: 2016-04-02-19:34:42-scrot.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02-19:34:42-scrot.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>27579258
Do you get to poo in the loo in India?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.