[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be 18 >leaving family to study abroad for 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1456010043375.jpg (47 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1456010043375.jpg
47 KB, 535x577
>be me
>be 18
>leaving family to study abroad for 4 years
>day of departure
>4 hours to flight
>tfw I won't be see sis growing up
>tfw I won't see cat anymore
>tfw I won't see dog anymore
>suddenly emotions
>mom sitting on sofa watching TV
>I break down on her lap
>"mom I don't want to leave you"
>she silently wipes my tears
>cry for a good 50 mins on her lap
>completely oblivious to all relatives that come to say goodbye
>just crying on her lap while she dries my tears
>"I don't know what I'm going to do. Please I don't wanna go. I don't. I don't."
>her eyes tearing as well
>"son, you have to. I know you're gonna be the best over there. I believe in you"
>"I DONT KNOW ANYONE THERE. HOW WILL I SURVIVE. I DON'T KNOW I DONT KNOW I DON'T KNOW."
>"Don't forget who you're doing this for. Don't forget your leaving us as well. Do you think it's easy for us to just send our son to a foreign land? No. You are our support. It's like cutting of our own hands. That's how much you mean to us.."

It's been 2 years. I'm doing alright now. What she said has changed my life.

That was hard to write. Fuck.
>>
Sounds like you need to go home for a week and visit.

I am moving to a different state in two months. Pretty nervous about it. I don't know many people there - so I get it.

You'll be fine
>>
>>27578504
I visited last year for 3 months. Really fucking needed it.
>>
wtf ppl actually depressed coz of dis?
>>
Glad you are doing alright, op.

Where are you from and where did you go to? What was the biggest culture shock ?
>>
#justNormieProblems
End yourself my man
>>
>>27578550
Mhmm. Meanwhile people who actually moved around a bit and didn't have a sheltered homelife are perfectly fine because it's normal.
>>
>>27578557
Pakistan. Went to UK.

Culture shock was lack of security everywhere, technology I never saw before and how friendly everyone is.

ATMs with no doors, walls knee high, no barbed wires, no security guards, they even let me take my bag into shops which is something I had never done before. I was about to put my bag outside before going in to Tesco until I noticed other people going in with their bags too.

Self-checkout machines were scary too. Ticket printers and such. But got used to them since I understood it's just a machine and will only do what I tell it.

And lastly how tiny these homes are.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.