[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else driven by the fear of failure? >tfw don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 20160402_131804-1-1-1.jpg (2 MB, 2926x1124) Image search: [Google]
20160402_131804-1-1-1.jpg
2 MB, 2926x1124
Who else driven by the fear of failure?

>tfw don't want to fail
>tfw need motivation
>tfw muh dedication over motivation

Why even try anymore. No one in my mother's or mothers husband relations has ever truly made it except for a few who are old and had it easy.
>>
I've moved the goal post so many times that failure isn't even a concept to me anymore.

I'm just waiting for this game to end. You can collect all the points and trophies you want, in the end, your grave will feel just as good as mine.
>>
But people won't look at our graves as the same depending on the materialism you acquired or how you made others feel.
>>
>>27578798
Who the fuck cares what anyone thinks when you're dead?

That isn't to say go on a crime spree because there are still obvious consequences for your actions. But you won't exist to even contplate how others perceived your worth and existence. You're literally rotting in the ground.

A better argument to make would be for present gratification and more favorable conditions in the future.
>>
>>27578886
>materialism acquired

Is this not the same as having wealth and therefore increased living standards and hence happiness for yourself. Others will then see such a great "inspiration" you was
>>
You should never try. There is nothing bad about failing when you choose not to try, because it's your choice. But failing despite trying? That's extremely humiliating.
>>
>>27578925
Why do you keep injecting what others think about you after you're dead? You're dead.

Whether the world thinks he was a saint or a monster doesn't matter to Hitler. You know why? Because he's dead.
>>
>>27578966
Others may then follow in your footsteps and become what you once were. You still figuratively live on if they adopt your philosophy, your name will be remembered and not be amongts the forgotten.

Although you may not be able to witness this isn't part of being alive to do something that will be remembered and this will only happen of people think of us after death
>>
>>27579058
Again, you're not making a case for why that's rationally relevant. And what's perceived as inspirational is relative. And you have no idea what exactly your actions and life will inspire others to do.

You don't know and can't predict how your actions will be perceived by the world when you're gone. If you choose to live solely for materialistic reasons and try to meet the arbitrary metrics of success set by your predetermined society, then fine, but living to leave a legacy has no rational basis.
>>
>>27579108
>but living to leave a legacy has no rational basis.
This. "Leaving a legacy" is the ultimate cuck reason to keep people working. A carrot on a stick which you can never hope to get.
>>
>>27579108
>Living to leave a legacy has not rational basis?

Your argument is that people don't live to help others but only themselves and where help benefits others it's solely for the benefit of the individual.

Living to leave a legacy is what many people live for. Some live to invent and change the world, inspiration out the argument, people will remember how beneficial you were. We live to make a mark on the world, not be the same as the guy next to your grave
>>
>>27579228
Not him but leaving a mark for what? Helping the world for what? I don't get that.
>>
>>27579228
That isn't my argument at all.

Living to leave a legacy isn't not the equivalent of living to help others. Living to leave a legacy is an entirely selfish act, and the connotation of your legacy is determined by a society who may not have anything in common with you and may not agree with any of your viewpoints.

Most people go to the grave remaining relatively unknown by the greater society. Being hugely socially impactful is rare. Truthfully, you have more impact as a statistic than an individual.

"Leaving a legacy" isn't what you think it means. I don't even think you fully understand what the word legacy means and how neutral of a word it really is.
>>
>>27578426
I'm not afraid of failure, I just can't make myself do any amount of work.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.