[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>don't use any social media >decide to take a look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1449362038249.jpg (58 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
1449362038249.jpg
58 KB, 300x247
>don't use any social media
>decide to take a look at twitter because I'm bored
>It's full of normie scum circlejerking about their "crippling depression" and dumb memes
>They frequently post about their social lives

How did mental illness become the cool thing to have? I am ashamed for what I am and these people celebrate their "issues".

This shit makes me mad.
>>
Social media is the only place self deprecating humour is acceptable for normies, don't try it irl
>>
>>27577829
Mental illness makes you unique. It makes you a special individual.

This shit isn't complicated.
>>
>>27577829

If you post on any form of social media about your "depression", then you do not really have depression.

Depressed people are ashamed of even talking about what they feel like, they feel stupid talking about it even to close people, let alone fucking Facebook or Twitter.

Mental Illness is just a fad amongst normies at the moment, it will fade away like all crazes.
>>
>>27577829
Social media isn't the place for deep, thought provoking conversations. It's where you go to inflte your ego by having everyone like/favorite/retweet/whatever your posts as many times as possible. People will be more than happy to take a serious issue and turn it on its head for no other reason than to have people pay attention to them.

You can't even post how you honestly feel on something. A woman was fired after 18 years for posting a pretty based opinion on black crime.

Having 1, maybe 2, forms of social media are okay. Anything more than that is the sign of a self obsessed faggot
>>
>>27578063
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-station-fires-newswoman-over-black-on-black-crime-facebook-post-201135682.html

Link to that story
>>
File: ...autism.jpg (75 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
...autism.jpg
75 KB, 720x540
>>27577829
>you cant have a mental illness if you have a social life

I imagine that probably makes it worse as you're exposed to more stressors and have responsibility and people you're letting down, not everyone is a le so superior until its time to play the misery card NEET
>>
>>27578108

Do you lack basic reading comprehension?
How are you so retarded?

Of course people with social lives can have mental illnesses.
What OP said was that people are posting on social media about how depressed they are.

Literally no one with real depression would ever broadcast this on social media.
Depressed people, even ones with social lives, feel stupid when they talk about their depression, and have therapists to talk about it with.

If you post about your "depression" on social media, you are not depressed, and clearly you're happy enough for others to know all the details.
>>
>>27578138
>Literally no one with real depression would ever broadcast this on social media

This, you'd be kidding yourself especially if people who are really depressed would even mention it at ALL in real life, never mind social-fucking-media!

You'd only ever post your depression on social media because you're whoring for attention, that's why you see so many stacy's doing it
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.