[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone give me an actual reason to get married As I see it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Good_Men.jpg (79 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Good_Men.jpg
79 KB, 1024x682
Can anyone give me an actual reason to get married
As I see it there are no tangible benefits I can think of except sharing housing/resources. There's no other point of getting married
>Sex
You can hire prostitutes or just have sex with someone
>relationships
You can build a relationship without getting legally bound to another person
>kids
If you really just wanted kids you can always adopt

I'm genuinely curious why normies (and you cucks) value the idea of marriage, it's not as present in the animal kingdom so why does it exist?
>>
>>27577203
Well with kids I want my own genes to pass on, people who adopt are cucking themselves.
>>
>>27577203
So future generations will know from your gravestone you got laid.
>>
>>27577226
Alright then, if you can attain gf then just have bastard children. My main argument is that marriage is pointless
>>
File: orjRSkp.gif (852 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
orjRSkp.gif
852 KB, 400x300
>>27577203
>women perceive it as a status symbol
>men want to reproduce with her
>women will only give kids if married
>they do buisness
>mfw
>>
>>27577235
Oh I agree, fuck marriage, if I want kids I will get GF and wont commit.
>>
First, suppose you are with a woman in a long-term relationship and you want children. If you are serious about having children, then at the very least you want to commit yourself to being with her for another 18 or so years; basically, a sensible amount of time to raise a child without making that child go through divorce. Most likely, you want to be with her for the rest of your life. This is a big commitment and a big decision.

A wedding is a way of declaring that decision and its underlying reasons to people you are close to, and a celebration of your relationship with that woman. It is you formally announcing a major change in the way you are choosing to live your life. It also serves to solidify that very decision. Spending your life with someone is not always easy, and if you are going through a rough patch, it may be useful to think "Well, I made this commitment in front of everyone I'm close to; maybe I should try to honor it".

There are also certain legal benefits that I don't know much about, and for those who are religious, marriage is often an integral part of the religion.

All that being said, I am not a huge proponent of marriage. I'm in a long-term relationship and I want to have children eventually, but the formal ceremony is kind of questionable to me, especially as an atheist. If I did have a wedding then I would take great care that it was not grandiose and expensive. I am fine with the idea of having children without having a marriage; I am OK with the commitment to staying together being something not quite so formalized.

The main things that would lead me to marry my GF would be (1) if she really wants it and/or (2) if the legal benefits are worthwhile.
>>
>>27577203
I don't have anything to add to this discussion, but it would be great if you posted more feet.
>>
>you can adopt
>single male adopting
Senpai I have some news for you...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.