[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else literally have no friends? I've currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: jfk4.jpg (121 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
jfk4.jpg
121 KB, 550x512
Does anyone else literally have no friends?

I've currently been in college for 2 years now, failing this semester also, and i've literally made NO friends. I don't think I've ever talked to anyone on a basis outside of school, how the fuck do people make friends?
>>
oh cripes are you me
>>
>>27576987
>how the fuck do people make friends?

A really sketchy business, to make friends in college from the ground up. Usually you have to already "know" people, and from there you build new connections.

It's hard to be like "Um, well, I have zero apparent social value, but can I come hang around on your guys' tree?"
>>
>>27576987
You have to not hate people. You have to put effort into social interactions. Make jokes, be witty, feign interest and enthusiasm. You also have to be loud enough to be heard and make a lasting impression. People have to be able to describe you in vivid colorful detail. Anon is such a so and so.

You have to be confident. You have to be suave. You have to be cool, smart and knowledgeable. Because you're a lone wolf looking for a pack. They are recruiting you and they already have plenty of acquaintances already so you need to stand out because good friends are hard to come by and people seldom give chances to randoms so you have to prove yourself to be quite the character, and this is especially double if you are a loner.
>>
I have like 6 friends from high school but I'm in my 3rd year of university and nobody even knows my name
>>
>>27577034
yes brother. revel in our pineal gland connection and seek answers through meditation.

>>27577042
fuck networking. i hate it

>>27577044
i think i do that for the most part. i feign interest, generally ask about the day or whatever is happening. should i just give up? i don't have anything to offer to a bunch of normies that like to party. i've never even been invited to a party in my life and i'm 21
>>
>>27577044
That sounds backwards normalfags are the ones who should put effort into getting on my good side
>>
>>27577068
>should I just give up
Up to you. If being sociable doesn't come naturally to you then giving up on friendship is an option. It does get lonely though, so a gf/bf/pet might ease that.

If you are willing to fake the persona of happy go lucky friendly nice guy that everyone likes then go for it, but that can be very daunting, especially if that's not really the lifestyle you want to put effort into. That is, always being happy, on social media, making comments and jokes for lulz, band wagoning on popular culture, being a normie.

I mean you might meet a kindred spirit type friend where you don't have to fake a persona but they are hard to come by, that was something you were meant to obtain when you were younger.
>>27577084
yea, if things were the way they should be, things would be great
>>
>>27576987
I am 33 years old. I have had zero friends for over 2 years now. For a long time I talked to a paranoid schizophrenic on AIM, but they had a psychotic break and vanished from the internet. After about a year I stopped logging in to AIM.
>>
I have online friends, but no real ones. This can be attributed to my lack of redeeming qualities, inability to socialize, boringness, lack of interests, hobbies, and sufficient common ground.

The last time I made real friends was five years ago, maybe six.
>>
>going to college

fuckin normie
>>
File: 1459354445942.jpg (126 KB, 911x615) Image search: [Google]
1459354445942.jpg
126 KB, 911x615
the only friends (if you can call them that) are ones i make online by playing games, i haven't had a real life friend for years and even then they weren't real friends just people i hung out with at school because there wasn't anyone else. online friends are nice, you can talk about whatever and it doesn't matter, but they don't come close to having real physical friends because more often than not you will stop playing a game or whatever and they'll disappear because its not permanent, whereas if you were to see someone in real life everyday that is.
>>
>>27576987
OP, join a study group. You'll make friends and you won't fail
>>
Get a practice friend anon
>>
Oh god. I shouldn't have left home to go to College.
I should have stayed at home and studied whatever.
I wouldn't be costing my parents a fortune in rent and I would be able to just hang out drinking with my normal friends while I goof off with some pleb tier course.
I think I'll drop out next year.
>>
How can someone even call themselves a robot if they have the privilege of going to college? I was so depressed and miserable from the torture of highschool that I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning and simply stopped going. Never even graduated. The thought of going to college terrifies the shit out of me, even if I had the opportunity or the motivation. I'm way too fucked up to function in any sort of environment with other humans
>>
>>27576987
I had such a repulsion to people when entering college that I actively avoided making friends even when opportunities presented themselves.

Didnt want normies because I hate their shallowness, didnt want fellow neckbeards because it would pigeonhole me.
Too much of a failure and socially awkward to make friends with the smart and successful.

Now im forever alone unless im chatting up girls online motivated by sex.
>>
I don't know. It seems like it just "happens" for most people, but there is probably something to it that I don't get.

I don't have any friends in college either. It's really frustrating.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.