[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression thread, I'll start: >constantly told I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1449565948476.jpg (105 KB, 800x796) Image search: [Google]
1449565948476.jpg
105 KB, 800x796
Depression thread, I'll start:
>constantly told I'm bright but am failing in school
>told I'm handsome , never had a gf (I'm 18)
> no energy to do anything
> constantly feel useless and unwanted
>both parents have stages of cancer
> extreme chances of drug addiction , do drugs anyway
>can't connect with anyone
>nothing is important
> I want to feel something other than this monotony
>seriously considering ending it
>>
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT IF THEY TRULY LOVE YOU THEY WILL UNDERSTAND DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
>>
Loads of people don't get gfs at 18, that's normal. Plus, a gf is only worth it if you really like the other person, having a relationship with just anyone is much more effort than it is worth.

I didn't do well in school until about age 19, and am now in uni doing comp sci. So there's always hope to turn that around.

I've found that Counselling, namely CBT has worked wonders for my mood and I have experienced severe anxiety in the past (but not much depression) but I would try and give that a go.

Moral of the story: don't give up, try therapy, gfs aren't always worth it, you'll have another shot at school
>>
File: 1448183526934.jpg (133 KB, 900x673) Image search: [Google]
1448183526934.jpg
133 KB, 900x673
>>27576401
>father left because of a new partner
>mother is insane
>i have to handle her whore-mouthing everyday
OP, are you me (except for lines 5&6)
4chains is the only thing that stops me from being insane like my mom.
>>
>>27576401
>also bright but get shit grades
>found out about SAT equivalence in my country
>do test, score high enough for med school
>no need for high grades anymore
>lost all motivation to actually go to school
>at home on computer 5 days a week
>even less of a chance to get my first gf now, am 18 and not so ugly
>in 16 months when i graduate im off to a fucking nerd university and i will have lost my youth forever
>tfw no drinking beer with friends at parties on the beach
>tfw no lose virginity with hot blonde one night stand
>feels as if im aimlessly walking along the timeline of my life
>was suicidal a year ago, nowadays i feel nothing
>barely any recollection of past two years whereas friends have had time of their lives
>talked to 3 psychologists, keep suggesting cbt and shit
>but in my heart i know this will never go away
>>
File: 326532523.png (443 KB, 500x717) Image search: [Google]
326532523.png
443 KB, 500x717
>>27576401
This is a very nice image.
>>
>>27576401
I feel like I have been depressed for so long that I don't remember how it feels to be happy
>>
>>27576734
You can have it. All yours, my friend.
>>
>>27576718
>im off to a fucking nerd university
There's a high risk that you're going to drop out. Take my warning seriously. University is not kind to people like us/you. People who are more motivated/desperate and willing to sacrifice more things in their lives will outnumber you and you will be severely outcompeted by them if you keep prioritizing like this.
>>
>>27576401
don't do drugs, you absolute retard.
you'll only fuck up your body and give yourself braindamage in the long run.

plus, consider this, you only have one life right now, your parents having cancer should be even more reason to pull yourself together and make something out of yourself.

if they say you're handsome, etc., that just means they are complimenting you in order to encourage yourself.

> no energy to do anything

take some vitamins and minerals, do sports as well, engage in a religion or spirituality.

>gf

whatever. most males at that age don't have somebody decent in that category.
>>
>>27576401
I am way on my path of becoming a full-blown normie but holy fuck does hanging out with Chads make you feel like shit. Yesterday night, the old, the real me, the deep-down rotten version of myself, surpressed for many years reared its ugly head again.
I hung out with a bunch of guys who were
> ultra handsome, talking typicall 9 - 10/10 Chads
> super buff, sex pack abs, perfect jawline, perfect hairline
> ultra smart. They started their own business together and it's booming (meanwhile I'm happy with my current outlook on becoming a total wageslave)
> social aware 100%, they get every single little cue and control the group with ease.

By the end of the night I was so sad I just wanted to kill myself, I can't beleive these guys actually want to hang out with me.
>>
File: 5aa.jpg (333 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5aa.jpg
333 KB, 600x600
>>27577302
>go to psych ward for a bunch of issues, one being depressed about how I look
>new girl comes in
>I try to be friendly by sitting down at her table while she's alone and offer her a chocolate bar I was handing out to everyone
>she's responds coldly so I say goodbye and leave to sit somewhere else
>tall, attractive guy comes in and sit at her table and says hi
>she instantly responds enthusiastically
>>
Really, really wish all these 18 year olds would ge the fuck out.
>>
>>27576401
>Feel void
>Try to fill out void with work, drugs, friends, vidya
>Nothing fills out the void
>I have no idea why I'm so depressed all the time
>>
>be in school
>get 1 bad grade
>depressed for life
>>
>>27576734
Um... i really like this pic for some reason. What can i look up to find more like it
>>
>>27577787
You could try reverse fucking searching first, you god damn retard.

Artist is Aosora (his stuff is amazing)
Style is guro
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=guro

Plenty of guro is very artistic
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.