[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>customer gets irritated when I ask them for ID when they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: 1435146559237.png (325 KB, 515x518) Image search: [Google]
1435146559237.png
325 KB, 515x518
>customer gets irritated when I ask them for ID when they're buying lottery, tobacco, or alcohol

Jesus christ. Just have your fucking ID ready to present if you're under 30 and are buying an age restricted product. Do you realize how much trouble I risk getting into by not making sure I don't make any sales to an underaged person?

Don't expect the sales clerk to know you're of age or take your word for it.

Knowing the name of my manager or coworker does not mean you don't need an ID to buy from me. "But I always buy from that girl on morning shift!" "I know your boss, though!"

Even if you've bought from me before, I might not necessarily remember. I see hundreds of people a day. If you're going to act irritated when I request your ID, go to another gas station.

And yes, if you left your ID in the car and I requested it, please go back to your car to retrieve it.

It's always kind of awkward for me to ask for an ID. I have social anxiety. Please don't make it any more anxiety-inducing than it already is for me by being hostile or belligerent to me.

Thank you.
>>
>>27575154

just ask nicely for their id.
>>
File: venicehead.png (20 KB, 1032x650) Image search: [Google]
venicehead.png
20 KB, 1032x650
>has social anxiety
>gets a job dealing with customers
>>
I've never been asked for an ID in my life. Even when I actually was underage.

I guess that's about the only perk to prematurely grey hair.
>>
>>27575162
I do. I always say please and ask in a nice tone.

Some customers will still get hostile.
>>
File: 1458946204846.png (185 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1458946204846.png
185 KB, 400x388
>20
>don't have id cause robot og
>can't get drunk whenever I want
>birth certificate isn't enough
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>27575173
Well yeah that's why I appreciate it when customers are nice to me.

I have come home and cried several times when my shifts were really stressful.

>>27575180
Drinking age is 21 in the US. Are you from another country?
>>
>>27575216
It's 18 in my province
>>
>>27575229
Is it hard to obtain a state-issued ID or something?
>>
>>27575216
why don't you just get a different job then
>>
File: 1458930988726.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1458930988726.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>27575241
have to buy one or get a driver's license
fuck that
statist pigs withholding my happy juice REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27575241

No, but bleeding heart minorities will say otherwise.
>>
>>27575272
Much easier said than done.
>>
>>27575154
But Irene, I'm always ready to present my ID! If you don't spout stupid bullshit about me looking too young and my ID being probably fake, we're good.
>>
>>27575320
Okay thank you. The OP wasn't directed at you.
>>
I'm so glad I work as a cook and don't have to talk to people. The only pet peeve I have now are fatties that order triple meat burgers (with cheese of course) and people who pronounce whataburger as waterburger.
>>
>>27575178

and ask them when they are opening their purse/wallet to get their cards/cash out.

you did nothing wrong.
>>
how much monies you make op
how many hours do you work a week
>>
>>27575474
Yeah that's usually when I ask if they do have a purse/wallet.

But sometimes the customer won't have anything besides just some cash wadded up in their pocket.

I wish it was a law that every age-restricted transaction required the customer to swipe their ID. It would take a lot of the pressure off of me as a cashier, so I could just say "sorry, but if i sell this to you the register will flag me for the transaction"
>>
>>27575550
$10 an hour. 32-40 hours a week depending on when the store needs me.

So my paycheck is anywhere from $580-800 after taxes.
>>
>>27575553

ya, the cash people are irritated because they didn't bring their wallet. that's their fault.

it's nothing personnel.
>>
>>27575571
how many hours do you work daily
>>
>>27575585
Usually 8. Sometimes 4 hour shifts but those aren't nearly as common.
>>
>>27575638
what state do you live in? cause I work and make about the same you do, but after taxes I make less than half. wtf am I doing wrong?
>>
>>27575647
I am in California.

On a typical paycheck I lose about $80-120 in taxes. But I get the Federal Income Tax refunded since i don't make that much and am a dependent.
>>
>>27575693
so living alone means paying even more taxes? fug. whatevers I guess, not like I can be claimed as a dependent anyway
>>
>>27575714
Yeah you'd think it would be the opposite.

What state are you from?
>>
>>27575730
ny
>>
File: Kuzehashi alcohol.jpg (202 KB, 512x790) Image search: [Google]
Kuzehashi alcohol.jpg
202 KB, 512x790
>Tfw only get a provisional to make buying booze easier
>>
>>27575355
>(with cheese of course)
A burger is pointless without cheese senpai.
>>
>Age to buy a lottery ticket in the UK is 16
>Age to buy booze is 18

To be honest if you can't tell someone in their mid-late 20's is older than 17 you might be retarded.
>>
>>27576027
OP is clearly American reading through the thread, it's hard to tell the difference when it's a 21 yo.
Go cry about being a manlet and getting carded in another thread senpai.
>>
>>27576027
Some people look really young. I'm not gonna take the risk.

My company's policy is actually to ID the customer unless they appear "obviously over 40".
>>
>>27576043
I very rarely get carded, it's usually just old women who do it for some reason, who seem to think everyone's a kid looking to get drunk.
>>
>>27575309
don't be so lazy man, you just gotta look harder instead of taking the path of least resistance dude. trust me works every time.
>>
File: 1456484529019.jpg (45 KB, 570x487) Image search: [Google]
1456484529019.jpg
45 KB, 570x487
>tfw worked as a security guard af mutiple llaces
>know these feels about ids

Women are the worst, have had women tell me they'd suck my dick to be let in.
>>
>>27575154
Don't let shit customers get you down, anon. It's rough working with a large amount of customers. You're bound to encounter some shitty ones.
>>
>>27576219
Yeah the thing is fortunately we have the sheriff dept hang around the convenience store a lot. So they kind of deter people from being TOO shitty.
>>
File: 1454661756453.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1454661756453.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
>in line at the supermarket
>woman in front of me tries to buy alcohol and gets carded
>she looks sort of young but is obviously 30+ when you see the lines of her face
>she doesn't have ID but starts getting mad at the cashier and saying she's a 40yo mom (she was even buying daipers as well)
>cashier is a dumbass indian and refuses to let her through until she gives up and forfiets the beer
>my face during all of this

It was a little annoying to be held up, but too funny to watch.
>>
>>27575154
I might have agreed until you started whining about your social anxiety like a colossal faggot.
>>
>>27576216
what places?
did you ever accept?
>>
>age of consent is 14
>you need to be 16 to marry

>you can drink alcohol when you 14
>but only buy it when you're 16

Makes no sense, Germany
>>
>>27576450
It makes sense if you think like a German government. It encourages a 14yearold to marry a smelly brown person so they can get them to buy beer. Keeps the immigrants happy and keeps the kids off the streets. Also, boosts birth rates.
>>
>>27575154
What are the chances of your boss finding out, though? Has that ever happened to anyone? I use an expired ID and most cashiers seem to realize, and are aware that they're not supposed to accept it, but they just ignore it and we both move on with our day without anyone else knowing.
>>
>>27575154

quit id-ing me you faggot.
>>
File: dff.jpg (48 KB, 454x446) Image search: [Google]
dff.jpg
48 KB, 454x446
>>27576410
>what places?

Clubs.

>did you ever accept?

No, you have to be retarded to accept in the world of technology. People have phones, people record and the works. Being caught is also an easy way to have your record tainted and your security licenses revoked.
>>
I don't mind being ID'd for alcohol so much, but for cigarettes it pisses me off. I'm 24, have a full beard, and the skin of a 35 year old. I've only ever been ID'd for cigarettes once, but I haven't forgotten about it.
>>
>>27576619
In the UK they regularly send spies into shops to test the cashiers. Spy kids working for police or something. So every time you don't ask for ID, there's a chance that person my be a sneaky fuck who will then report you back to their HQ.
Or maybe that's just bullshit they tell everyone to keep them on their toes.
>>
>>27576619
Why do you have an expired ID? What if you get pulled over?
>>
>>27576785
no its a real thing
source : a cop i play vidya with
>>
>>27575154
OP you still here?

onjb g b ij
>>
>>27576786
I don't drive, I only use it to buy alcohol. Getting a new one costs money and I'm poor.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 480x480
Fuck you faggot, unless the person actually looks underage you shouldn't ask for ID, I'm glad you suffer
>>
Do you live in the southwest of england perchance desu? my mum was talking about some social retard asking her
>>
People who buy lottery, tobacco, or alcohol from the gas station are asshole degenerates in general. Sorry to hear that OP.
>>
>go to a very nice beer market in a good neighborhood on a Thursday morning
>want to pick up a growler
>the guy at the register is the biggest douche that ever lived
>giving me shit, asks me for my ID
>I give it to him
>a very young couple walks in
>they're normie elite, talking about how they want to sample some beer but only a little because they're driving
>going on about how they have to get to the airport in under half an hour
>the other cashier goes to ID them, and the dude ringing me up (apparently the manager) tells him not to bother, they're cool
>I grab my shit and leave

fuck chads
fuck normies
fuck IDs
>>
File: B4.jpg (96 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
B4.jpg
96 KB, 300x390
>try to get an ID
>need a drivers license or passport to get one
>need an ID to get a drivers license or passport
>>
>>27579743
don't you have your birth certificate or social security card? if you don't you should be able to go to the office or mail in a form to get one issued to you, and that's all the DMV requires to issue you a driver's license. one you have a license, getting a passport is a piece of cake.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.