[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot Jobs Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: accounting-and-bookkeeping.jpg (142 KB, 1200x570) Image search: [Google]
accounting-and-bookkeeping.jpg
142 KB, 1200x570
Is accounting a robot job? Is there too much social interaction?

Also, general robot jobs thread
>>
>>27570652

Depends if you're trying to work at TurboTax or Deloitte.

Big-time accounting jobs aren't robot at all.
>>
>>27570652
i heard sys admin is a comy job not sure what they do but i heard they don't do much and they have time to shitpost on the job
>>
>>27570652
I work in public accounting, hell no man. You have to deal with clients and break bad news to them, sometimes they disagree and you have to deal with that.

You also travel with groups of chads/stacies and have to spend every waking second in the group for days. Eat with them, work with them, share rooms, etc.
>>
>>27570759
Also when you do taxes and shit you always have to call these random people and squeeze out personal info from them. Then tell them they owe 20k in taxes.
>>
>>27570652
The exciting, fast-paced world of chartered accounting might be out of your league, OP.
>>
Whats with all the spic last names in here
>>
>>27570795
OP is too young to know the meaning of life.
>>
File: 1418489909754.jpg (48 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1418489909754.jpg
48 KB, 900x900
>Have retail job
>Have tantrums and knock shit over all day
>Boss is still nice to me
PUNISH ME
>>
>>27570652
The Big Four have a use for purely non-social worker bee types right out of college.

Are you gonna bust your ass off or are you going to be a lazy shit? If you bust your ass off, there's a job for you. Mind you, you'll never make partner without social skills.
>>
>>27570870
I think itd be tough for a NEET such as OP to go from working 0 hours per day to 10-12
>>
>>27570652
Be a lighthouse bitch
Computer does all the work, you just put on a maid outfit and mop up the mess
>>
>>27570870
>Big 4
I'm gonna pretend you're not making shit up and ask you what the big 4 is
>>
McDonalds is the ONLY true robot job.
>>
>>27570957

Deloitte/KPMG/PwC/EY
>>
>>27570966
McDonalds is the biggest normie job. All of your coworkers are there because they fucked their lives up by sucking too much dick and "keeping it real" in school.
>>
Been an accountant before. I think most big 4 places would think a robot is ideal. No social life, no GF, therefore no reason to not work tons of OT during tax season or whenever there is a big engagement.

Not gonna lie, I work for a second tier competitor to DT, EY, PWC and KPMG, and we deliberately hire autists who are far from home, because we know that they are more likely to work late or weekends.
>>
>>27570870
I'm not one for hard work, but I am good with numbers. I imagine that accounting has a lot of in-store time when I wouldn't have to deal with people, broken up by short amounts of time in which I would have job responsibilities that require interaction. Is this the case, or is there more interaction?
>>
>>27571027
McGladreycuck spotted
>>
>>27570758
linux sysadmin is one of the more robot jobs

you can spend all day in a basement writing arcane shell scripts and REE at your boss
>>
>>27571027
Would I be compensated for extra hours though?
>>
>>27571183
if it's at your place of employment, probably
>>
>>27571043
When in-office you are still sharing a cubicle and around many people. Some of them quiet robot types, others chads, others complete assholes who will yell at you simply for not understanding something. Just hope you can get a cube that isnt in the center and you have someone walking behind you every 10 seconds.
>>
>>27570652
I'm a cable tech. Not a particularly robot job.
>>
>>27571238
Like comcast cable? I swear everytime one of those guys has to come to my place to fix something, they send a fucking mental patient and it takes 2 hours to hook a damn box up.
>>
>>27571202
officebro here, cubicles are great if your back is against a wall

fuck open offices though
>>
>>27570932

Manning a lighthouse seems like a pretty robotic job
>>
>>27570652
the consensus on wizchan for permavirgin autist jobs is warehouse forklift operator or nighttime security
>>
>>27571268
Mine is literally in the worst spot. Like I said people walk behind me every 30 seconds and it drives me up the GOD DAMN wall. I dont want to be stared at like an animal, just want to work
>>
>>27571266
What is your issue? Maybe I can help.
>>
>>27571276
Yeah but it probably doesn't pay much at all. Who would even be your employer?
>inb4 didn't understand this post was a joke
>>
>>27571266
>>27571313
Also: they may be newer techs or you've just got some less than great techs.

There are a variety of things needed to be done at a job such as checking the tap, tagging it, making sure everything is grounded and up to code. They also have to verify signal and shoot your lines for noise. Rate code changes, calling dispatch, provisioning and equipment swaps all add time as well.
>>
>>27571312
I feel you brah

one of the few perks of working at a bank is that every computer screen is in a private cube for confidentiality reasons
>>
Not only is accounting boring, it's a thankless job, salesreps at my company vpay more & is usually easier
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.