[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I woke up at noon instead of 2PM. I am making small steps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1386227655067.png (91 KB, 630x686) Image search: [Google]
1386227655067.png
91 KB, 630x686
Today I woke up at noon instead of 2PM. I am making small steps to turning my life around.

What are you doing to fix you, /r9k/?
>>
File: 1430873705705.jpg (81 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1430873705705.jpg
81 KB, 500x461
>not browsing the internet as much
>taking supplements
>cold showers and nofap (inb4 meme tier, fuck it they're helping me wake up easier)
>going outside more
>drinking hot drinks instead of alcohol to calm my nerves
>>
I cleaned 1 window for the first time in my life.
I'm 22.
>>
honestly i wanna die already original
>>
I've been going for jogs every day.
Eating better
Not drinking as much alcohol
Not smoking pot
Getting back in touch with my faith
Thinking about volunteering at an animal shelter in some of my free time
When do I make friends? :/
>>
>>27570023
>faith
Normie
>>
I recently got a job. $9/hour retail. Well, I can at least save for stuff now, like I want to buy a bike eventually and also PSVR headset this fall
>>
>moved out of my parents house
>cut down on the drinking
>got a second job
Now im sober and I still want to die
>>
>>27568671

Got a job after a year+ of neetdom.

Job's tiring and my free time on weekdays is basically zero, plus the radical adjustment has been jarring. Still, pay's good, and it gives me something to do for five days out of the week.

Ugh, now I find myself missing neetdom even though I know the job is a career-salvaging improvement.
>>
I've been NEET for over 10 years.
I haven't drunk any alcohol in over a year.
I stopped smoking after being a chainsmoker who used to smoke 20-40 cigs a day.
I cut down on sugar.
No longer smoking the herbal jew or doing any drugs.
Going to go do some voluntary work in my local cemetary on Monday.
I really screwed up my life by being NEET for so long but I can at least salvage something.
>>
>>27570404
>Going to go do some voluntary work in my local cemetary on Monday.
why the cemetery Oscar?
>>
>>27570461
Because I'll be working outside and the cemetery is located very near where I live.
It'll just be something to get me out the house a few days a week.
>>
Day 73 of turning my life around:

I did web programming for 6 hours.

Also ate 2000 calories of raw and cooked veggies and beans, raw fruit, raw unsalted nuts and seeds, and unrefined grain.

Went on a walk, did some yoga, and and swam a 20 laps in my mom's pool.

Then I just shitposted the rest of the day. Eventually plan to phase this site out and replace the time I still spend here with reading or practicing Japanese, but for now I'm still enjoying the keks.
>>
File: 1456615878727.jpg (29 KB, 465x437) Image search: [Google]
1456615878727.jpg
29 KB, 465x437
>tfw didnt run to the store for more alcohol at 11:30 tonight

things are looking up friends
>>
in the past few months i've made sure i get out of the house at least once a week for a walk
eating proper meals rather than snacking on shit all day long
doing some excersize to make this ass phat
got registered today to do some voluntary work too

next step is to try and make an irl friend so i can go to galleries with someone other than my dad
>>
>>27568671
I think I aced my discrete math quiz

We're all gonna make it brehs
>>
>>27570235
>Ugh, now I find myself missing neetdom even though I know the job is a career-salvaging improvement.

I feel you. I can't see how people say they "enjoy" their job. It's IRL grinding, like an RPG. It's a means to an end. If I were rich I wouldn't work, I'd spend my life making art or something
>>
>>27571777
>doze trips
I am on NEETbux, but can't find the motivation to do anything but shitposting. When you don't have a structure in place it's really hard to not fall into these bad time-sucking habits.

The ideal is to get paid to do something you love.
>>
>>27572520
>The ideal is to get paid to do something you love.

bull shit. I am doing what I love, but my job is so regimented it becomes something I hate, not to mention sitting around for eight hours sucks ass

The money is the only positive
>>
>>27572545
This.

A job is the best way to kill your passion.

The ideal is to find motivation outside of the structure to do something you love, and then start getting paid for it, not having to meet any routine deadlines or to conform to a superior's desires.

This DOES exist. For example, some writers write what they want, when they want, and go years or even a decade between publishing books. Then they publish two in the same year. Clearly they aren't conforming to any deadlines.

But this is very rare, and most of us are just doomed unless we get an inheritance to give us the free time and circumstances to enable it.

And even then, a lot of us, even though we know better, even with all our pleading of "Oh if I could just have the free time i had in my youth/NEETdom I would live life to the fullest!", would still just end up shitposting on 4chan all day, telling ourselves we still have time and that big screenplay can wait til tomorrow.
>>
I have a massive temper issue. the smallest thing will set me off and I hate myself for it.
>>
My weekends are friday/saturday, so I got to write for 8 hours a day.

Maybe one day I'll actually have something published, but even if not, it feels good to write.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.