[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /givingup/? I tried doing so many things recently and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1411587662022.jpg (23 KB, 527x612) Image search: [Google]
1411587662022.jpg
23 KB, 527x612
Who here /givingup/?
I tried doing so many things recently and after seeing what others are capable of in terms of what I want to get good at (drawing, animating and creative writing) I'm convinced that I can't do shit.
>>
>>27568242
Me. I finally gave up last month. Just waiting for Canada's assisted-suicide legislation to come into effect and I'm out of here.

You given up then? What's your plan?
>>
give up already, its liberating
>>
>>27568285
I really don't know what to do anymore.
Right now I'm thinking and feeling nothing.

After some sleep I'll probably think of a plan to either become a wagecuck and salvage what little use I have for society and for the people around me, or I'll come up with a plan to kill myself.
>>
File: cat-watching-snow.gif (445 KB, 441x270) Image search: [Google]
cat-watching-snow.gif
445 KB, 441x270
>>27568402
I know that non-feel, bro.

Sleep well. Hope things look brighter in the morning.
>>
I gave up a while ago but I have to pretend I'm still trying for my parents, and it's exhausting. Wish I would die in my sleep already.
>>
File: 1306743010912.jpg (35 KB, 310x411) Image search: [Google]
1306743010912.jpg
35 KB, 310x411
>>27568242
I don't feel like typing something constructive when you don't mention your age.

You could just be a depressed 16 kid for all I know, and this thought makes me unable to relate to you by default.
>>
>>27568242
Ha, I was in this club since 8 years ago. It came back in full force 6 months ago. There is literally no reason for me to be here, I'm almost ready to via rail myself to the end of this country
>>
>>27568242
Who else here is /too empty to have feelings of passion to ever get good at anything/ ?
>>
>>27568829
Me as well. What's the point when it won't change anything and (at 38) there is literally nothing more to look forward to.
>>
>>27568869
You probably gonna kill yourself family?
>>
>>27568242
Me.

>sick of having no money due to being a NEET
>really want a job
>actually actively look for one
>send out job applications every day
>get invited for an interview occasionally
>interview goes seemingly well
>don't get hired anyway

Fuck it man.
>>
>>27569174
Yes. I'm the robot waiting for assisted-suicide legislation to come into effect in Canada this June so I can go to the hospital and get the Rolls Royce of exit methods.

You, famalam?
>>
>>27569248
I-im Canadian...
Don't be messing with me here I know the date. Give me EVERY DETAIL on whats happening here, tell me how to apply, tell me what I must do.
I was gonna off myself this month, but if this is real... Will this happen in the GTA?
>>
File: 1360603886319.png (423 KB, 680x932) Image search: [Google]
1360603886319.png
423 KB, 680x932
>tried to learn to draw
>fail
>try to learn japanese
>fail
>try to lean programming
>fail

I can't do anything right.
>>
File: supreme-court-of-canada.jpg (205 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
supreme-court-of-canada.jpg
205 KB, 1200x795
>>27569316
Not messing with you. Yes, it will take effect country-wide, though each province will probably implement it a bit differently. I am also in the GTA (Toronto) so we are in the same boat.

The details aren't known yet and won't be until the Liberals table a bill in parliament. But so far things are looking very promising. Assuming the Supreme Court's intent is upheld you will need to have a "grievous" medical condition that is "irremediable" and causes you "intolerable" suffering. You will not need to actually be dying, have any physical ailment or have accepted any treatment.

A bit of background reading:

Supreme Court strikes down Canada's assisted suicide laws
http://globalnews.ca/news/1815749/supreme-court-strikes-down-canadas-assisted-suicide-laws/

Physician-Assisted Dying
http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/pad-amm/index.html

Assisted Suicide - End-of-Life Law and Policy in Canada
http://eol.law.dal.ca/?page_id=236
>>
>>27569227
Also I'm in the process of becoming a writer, and I've always liked to write, but I feel like nothing will ever come of it. I swear I'm really not that good of a writer and that other people write better shit with less effort than I put into my works.
>>
>>27568829
this desu

im so clouded by my failure in life at general to get good at anything

and even things i used to be good at im getting bad at
>>
>>27569402
Ah it's a risk, but I might wait it out. I have nothing much to do until then though... And mommy OS gonna impose some no internet laws if I don't get up and do something. Thanks anon, major GBP for you. Any more info on this? What is the method of kill?
>>
>>27569361
>>27569484
>>27569402
Thank you liberalcucks, have sun with your refugees! Hopefully permanent anhedonia and /empty/ is passable. Any news of this happening in other countries? These other anons should have to live this way
>>
>>27569489
I wish I had more info. I'm basically just trying to keep myself comfy until June 6th. Every day I check the news to see if anything's been announced.

The method will likely be either oral or IV administration of pentobarbitol or similar, but this is yet another detail that still needs to be worked out.

I'd totally wait if I were you. Do some research on the shockingly high failure rate of suicide attempts and what the person is often left to deal with afterwards. This is definitely something you want to leave to a professional if you're able.
>>
File: trudeau-vs-immigrants.jpg (141 KB, 711x407) Image search: [Google]
trudeau-vs-immigrants.jpg
141 KB, 711x407
>>27569533
Actually there does seem to be somewhat of a trend towards legalizing euthanasia right now. A couple US states now permit it (Oregon I know is one), along with Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands. It's even become a topic of debate in England again.

Also, good news out of Ottawa recently on the "refugee" front. Pic related.
>>
>>27569546
Make a thread if anything happens please, I'll try to keep up on the news. Big serious thanks famalam. Maybe we'll see each other there, who knows?
>>
>>27569604
Stranger things have happened. I'll probably be hanging around /r9k/ most of the next two months so we can keep an eye out for each other. All the best, brobot.
>>
>>27569598
Kek, is Justin buffboi btw? we will be finally be free, if society won't stop creating robots then allow us to die. Oh, also will they give us a chance to write a will to something >>27569641 ?
>>
File: 1455841239446.jpg (42 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
1455841239446.jpg
42 KB, 375x592
>>27568242
>invite a girl to a date
>she actually agrees
>go there, we talk a lot, she's actually cute and fun
>try to kiss her and get reject at the end
>send a message to her asking why she didn't kissed me
>"i was not comfortable enough"
>ok
>"can we actually be friends instead?"

I didn't reply and i'm not going to. I'm FUCKING DONE WITH THIS SHIT, IT'S THE THIRD TIME THAT A GIRL DOES THIS TO ME

FUCK

THIS

GAY

EARTH

I'M DONE
>>
>>27569694
>Oh, also will they give us a chance to write a will to something
Not sure what you're asking. Any (competent) person can create a will at any time.
>>
>>27569742
True say, was just curious, I feel like that's something the liberals will help you do, since you need a lawyer or something to make it official right? forgot about the lack of info, sorry guy.

>>27569707
Ha Ha :^(
>>
>>27569788
No worries, I'm happy to talk about this. I'm just on tenterhooks myself waiting for more info to drop.

You actually don't need a lawyer to create a binding will; you can do that entirely on your own. Even simple statements written down by a person before they died have held up in court. But nearly everybody does use a lawyer to be certain all the details are taken care of.
>>
>>27568242

Don't give up, just go easy on yourself. It takes time to improve, and you need to support yourself!
>>
>>27569484
I think we always have to look forward to life. There must be a will power driving you so far otherwise you'd have ended yourself by now. Whoever despises himself nonetheless respects himself as one who despises.

Perhaps the will of improving and getting better even if you don't truly believe in these concepts and think that they are mere inventions of society to trick the masses with fake dreams. Being dead or alive makes no difference for the universe, we're just creatures floating on space, but it makes difference for us humans. Holding a constructive and reasonable mindset is what matters in the end, gathering knowledge and living in fluid sintony with your own spirit. I think someday we might transcend these human tasks such as reproducing through conventional means and conquering and become something else. Better. A being merged with art and incessant pleasure. That is certainly enough.
>>
>>27568696
>
In my case I fell to the point of not even trying anymore to save the bus ticket, time and energy.
I dropped out for good along with two friends I made there, and made a non-written pact of never coming back ever again.
I'm a bit supersticious, thus I believe that this place is cursed. One of friends is sceptic, but even he believes that it's either cursed or just a big fat scam that breaks the dreams of the youth that attend there with misleading careers, shoddy 3rd world tier studying conditions.
But I do believe is more than just a waste of time, effort and money, that ultimately robs your drive for enjoying life, and, before you know it, you became a bitter, frustrated a depressed adult in his mid to late 20's, and that's being generous as I saw 30-something and older still trying to finish the career. That's definitely not a good sign.
The only 'good' side is that it's public and free. But nothing is for free I'm afraid, and private universities are also average to sub-par, but at least they cut most the bullshit and you can get your degree.
>>
>>27568242

Part of /givingup/ is accepting who you are and being at peace with it. You'll learn anon. The chemicals in your body will never stop the desire for love and compassion, but you can build road blocks in your mind to stop those thoughts from ruining your life. Just realize you will always be alone and take advantage. I'm not saying GO SKYDIVE FROM THE EIFFLE TOWER LOL, but go out and enjoy your life how you can.
Personally, I enjoy going out to eat at casual restaurants and reading a book. I take the bus on purpose to have as much time away from the internet as possible. Other times I'll go watch a movie by myself at the local independent theater. Little things that make you happy anon, little things.
>>
>>27569361

Fail 10,000 times at one thing...then you will be successful.
>>
>>27571082
I always daydream to be able to rewind and try again, and again 'til I get it right.
One lifetime is not enough, 'cause you get older, more tired, and society force you to get a job sooner or later.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.