[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCKING UNCLE TOBY JUST LET ME EAT MY OATS IN PEACE REEEEEEEEEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 346687545664.jpg (107 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
346687545664.jpg
107 KB, 480x640
FUCKING UNCLE TOBY
JUST LET ME EAT MY OATS IN PEACE
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27566832

What a fucking dick rereereeeee
>>
the hedonism of our time knows no bounds.
"just do what makes you happy"

>If you like fucking other dudes just fuck other dudes.
>If you feel like a woman take hormones get breast implants and rip your dick off.
>If you don't want a baby just kill it.
>If your religion is all about convert or die then I apologize to you for being a different religion and I will try to do better in the future.
>>
File: 345475643.jpg (93 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
345475643.jpg
93 KB, 728x546
>>27566917

Cant tell if bait or just on a very high horse.
>>
>>27566993
He's right though
This do what you want bullshit will be the death of us all
>>
>>27567046
What's wrong with that? If we're all dead, we won't be able to care that we're all dead because we'll be dead. Unless there's an afterlife, oh boy would that be bad.
>>
>>27567136
There is an afterlife. The ride never ends
>>
>>27567163
How do you know, anon? I want to get off Mr. Depression's Wild Ride.
>>
>>27566832
>tfw your oatmeal won't get off your fucking back
>>
>>27567193
Of course I can't know for sure, that's just my opinion. I wouldn't mind if the ride stopped too to be honest, but I hope things will be better in the life after this
>>
>>27567228
Why would things be better? If this life is the practice for the afterlife, surely the afterlife would be harder. Unless this life is the challenge, and the afterlife is an afterparty? But even then, it is an afterparty which never ends. Eternity spentamong normies. It would be madness: days would become weeks would become millennia, everything a blur, yet with infinite time, everything possible must happen, therefore the only eventuality can be the same soul-crushing boredom experienced in this world. The only difference is that there would presumably be no escape.

Knowing I can rage-quit at any moment is what keeps me going.
>>
>>27567136
>That's like taking a shit on the floor in your apartment because you know you're not getting your deposit back anyway.
You're still taking a shit on the floor, in the place where you live.
>>
>>27567458
Who are you quoting?

Also
>the place where you live
>live
>>
>>27567340
See but your trying to project the understanding you have in this life onto something completely unknown. I know that's all you have to work with, but literally anything could await us in the afterlife, including things we can't even comprehend right now
>>
>>27567497
I accidentally > a green text.

The afterlife is getting your deposit back. If you think it's not going to happen that is not a reason to fuck up your current plane of existence by giving way to hedonism.
>>
>>27567566
>hedonism is bad
Show me a cause more worthy of my time.
>>
>>27567458
Also if I shit on the floor of my apartment, it would be because I wanted shit there, so what exactly is your point? I would presumably be enjoying the shit prior to moving out, like I enjoy the drugs and fast food I put into my body prior to dying.

Even if we add roommates to this already ridiculous analogy, I don't really care about other people, so it's a Christopher Poole point.

>>27567524
That's true. It could be exciting, and I do like taking risks. But that doesn't convince me to be a Good Boy (TM) in this life because the heaven/hell scenario is just one of infinite possibilities, meaning its probability is infinitesimal.

>>27567566
I'm not going to regret that unless the afterlife is a reward/punishment system, but there are so many possible things you could be punished for, that, unless you believe the rules set out in whatever existent text(s) (e.g. Bible, Qu'ran) are the only rules you can be punished for breaking, it makes little sense to follow them, because chances are you will inadvertently be breaking rules that we don't know about/haven't invented and be punished any way.
>>
>>27567619
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicomachean_Ethics#Defining_.22happiness.22_.28eudaimonia.29_and_the_aim_of_the_Ethics
>>
>>27567695
>In chapter 2, Aristotle asserts that there is one highest aim, eudaimonia
>Aristotle asserts that there is one highest aim
>Aristotle asserts
>asserts
Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: d98.jpg (13 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
d98.jpg
13 KB, 220x276
>>27567747
>Aristotle
>trash
>>
>>27567695
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicomachean_Ethics#Defining_.22happiness.22_.28eudaimonia.29_and_the_aim_of_the_Ethics
>honor
>work
You only do these things because you get pleasure out of them. You like being honorable, if you didn't why would you do it?

Besides honor is nothing more than a set of rules used to control you.
>>
>>27567776
I said assertions are trash, not Aristotle.

Nice almost-quads desu.
>>
>>27567786
Also to add honor is quite narcissistic as you're thinking about how it makes you a "better person" than others. Especially those who seek glory, which is akin to gorging like your stereotypical concept of a hedonist.
>>
>>27567811
You don't compliment almost-quads you fucking failure enabler
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.