[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does nobody realize we are basically in a quantum hell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
We shower and drink, shit and piss from the trillions of creatures who've existed on earth. (water)
Our bodies are pretty much war zones for molecular life. (dead cells, viruses, bacteria all eating each other)
Our only source of natural light is a ball fire
We can not communicate to other creatures. And many creatures are at the bottom of the foodchain. (like being in a different layer of hell depending on species)
And there is no way out. No other life can be lived either.
you can ONLY experience this life repeatedly from your particular perspective because if anything different happened in your past it would lead to you being physically and mentally different down to the atomic lvl. So it's probably true that this universe has the potential to occur again and again. Perhaps even in slight variations where different things happen. But if you think that the "you" in the universe where you are a chad fucking a hot Stacy is the same "you" in this life...it's simply not possible.
That "you" had a different upbringing, different past experiences, different lessons learned and a completely different perspective. Your autistic mind is simply getting tangled up with the difference between physical appearance and conscious experience. Just because the "you" in the other universe has the same facial aesthetics doesn't make him anymore "you" than a twin of you would. So, what this leads to is a realization that you can only be the you experiencing this life from this perspective and nothing more. We've probably just been repeating our lives infinitely.
basically, every single creature that has lived, the countless newborns and young creatures who's only shot at existence is the one where they get viciously devoured by another creature. Or the countless creatures who's life, from birth till death has been nothing but pain and suffering - it's the only life they will ever get to experience because it's the only one where they can exist.

Actually think about it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
5 KB, 480x360
tfw it's such a profound realization that everyone is speechless
>>
>>27554793
You should read Ligotti's "The conspiracy against the human race", you'll like it.

Also you should read Schopenhauer and Cioran. And maybe David Benatar.
>>
>>27555279

Thanks. Just read the description to the first book you mentioned and I'm currently searching for the pdf. Wrote the others down
>>
>>27555279
kek first pdf search brings me to Wizchan, my kind of people I guess
>>
File: pat-benatar.jpg (22 KB, 393x493) Image search: [Google]
pat-benatar.jpg
22 KB, 393x493
>>27555279

>David Benatar

Any relation to Pat Benatar?
>>
File: 1423684531361.png (18 KB, 368x328) Image search: [Google]
1423684531361.png
18 KB, 368x328
We already know that, Wallace.
>>
>>27554793
I've thought about it. Pretty quality post, anon, I understand you. We are so limited by our own brain on the understandings of the world, it sometimes actually brings me anguish. What have the atoms on my body belonged to? What stories do they have to tell if they could tell?

It anguishes me to know I will die without knowing or understanding. I will die, and my knowledge will die with me and I will have to re-learn everything again should I ever be reborn.

which is why I need a hug right now, anons. Love you all, even if some of you are the biggest passive-aggressive bitches man has ever come to know.
>>
>>27554793
... And what is particularly ~quantum~ about this?

Nevermind that hell is a concept and the vast majority of life is barely even capable of even simple concepts like "an hour ago".
>>
>>27556363

Well, considering the heart of reality seems to be quantized bits of energy. And hell being a concept for suffering and overall negativity ectect. Quantum Hell seemed like a decent title for what I described in the first post.
>>
>>27556565
Well, I wanted to write a nice eloquent diatribe about the nature reality and possible pull some Buddhist shit into this, but instead I'll just post the core of it.

Matter is fungible once you get to a biological level. The proteins in a flank steak and the proteins in a quinoa and lentil smoothie are biologically the same thing. The matter and cells which are comprised thereof, do not ultimately care (at all, they exist without 'care'). That life can only be loved is simply a quirk of a very complex way of achieving the lowest posible energy state.

The concept of another universe is about as useful as a concept of heaven, in that it is at least as impossible and just as relevent even if it did exist (the whole "being unable to interact with our universe" thing makes something kind of absurd).

This meaning you impose on reality, the quantum hell, is something entirely exclusive to a small subset of a single species of life that we know of. The imposition of abstract meaning upon the universe in general is pretty rare as far as we can tell. That some life can conceptualise suffering and describe it's existence as such is an aberration. Being without meaning or purpose is the state of reality and futily attempting to impose meaning onto it is one of the things people have been trying to do for so long.

Its all fucking absurd, fuck trying to impose meaning on it and produce the freedom from suffering you desire (since I bet you and everyone else differ slightly on that). Course, that is getting into morality shit, which is a whole other ball game.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.