[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to the doctor to have my ingrown wisdom tooth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: impacted-wisdom-tooth.jpg (32 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
impacted-wisdom-tooth.jpg
32 KB, 300x249
I'm going to the doctor to have my ingrown wisdom tooth cut out in a few minutes.
Under local anesthesia.
I'm going be conscious to hear and feel the blade cutting into my flesh then metal pliers crushing my bone and pulling it out. And that's if the thing goes smoothly and there's no need to file my jaw or shit like that.

I don't want to go.
>>
>>27554001
Dw man, it's not bad, sometimes you get this odd chill feeling but just think of something like the moon or some post on /R9k/ to keep your mind off it.
>>
>>27554001

I've had this done twice and once was with anaesthetic that didn't work properly.

It's not really that bad anon, the pain comes afterwards for the next few days.
>>
>>27554001
pain is temporary
>>
>>27554001

dont worry about it senpai, local anestheisa is really good now adays and you seriously wont feel anything, might ackhe when it wears off in a few hours tho
>>
>>27554121
>local anestheisa is really good now adays

Is it something stronger than what they use for drilling? Because I sometimes get sudden needles of pain during that, even though I always tell them to give me the maximum possible dose.
>>
when I got my WT out, they put me fully under and I basically fell asleep, woke up a few seconds later (it was actually two hours iirc), and my wisdom teeth were out. I woke up all dissociative, didn't know where I was, couldn't feel my body and when I finally got up and walked it felt like I was floating since I couldn't even register my legs.

they put me on Percocet after that and I never felt any extreme pain, and I got feel all doped up for a week since I kind of went overboard if I started to feel any sort of tingling and muted pain.

it was quite the trip, but now I'm addicted to dissociatives and psychedelics since I loved that feeling of becoming a seperate entity not knowing who I was and seeing my life through a third person perspective.

a big dose of ketamine and mescaline usually does the trick to make me feel like that day again
>>
>>27554001
I have all my wisdom teeth, and all but one are fully erupted for a couple of years and I haven't had issues so far.
Dentist just asked me if they were causing me discomfort and never brought it up again.
>>
It's not that bad. The anasthesia does most of the job. You might feel uncomfortable when they pull the tooth out but you're a man for fucks sake just suck up and deal with it.

Also, the worst is what comes afterwards, when the inflammation reaches peak and you feel swollen with fever. The actual extraction isn't that bad.
>>
>Having wisdom teeth
>in 2016
Lmao look at all these primeval faggots. You guys are ranked right with other subhuman minorities. Feels good to be master race without wisdom teeth.
>>
>>27554001
>tfw the crunching tearing snapping noises echo through your entire head because they're happening within mm of your ear
>tfw, no matter how much suction they apply, all you be able to taste through the operation is the coppery tang of blood occasionally overpowered by the burnt chemical stench of your teeth burning under the drill
>tfw the constant high-pitched whine of the drill vibrates through every other tooth in your mouth, reminding you that one slip or twitch could slice through your unaesthetised gums like a razor blade
>tfw your mouth is dragged, fixed, immobile into some Joker-like grimace by a pair of metal hooks
But yeah, the anaesthetics stop any pain getting through
>>
>>27554001
RIP. I went but I was put to sleep. Dont remember a thing. Get fucked OP.
>>
>>27554001
i did this like a year ago. worst experience of my life. it took so long the anesthesia started to wear off and i could feel the roots being plied out of my gums. they were all bent inwards too so they had to crack the tooth into like five parts. will pray for you robot.
>>
>>27554087
NICE FUCKIN LEAGUE OF FAGGOTS QUOTE YOU KID
VICTORY IS FOREVER XD
>>
>>27554001
You're going to be conscious? Ouch. When I went under, I didn't even realize time had past. And my mouth didn't hurt afterwords.
>>
>>27555214
fuck off steve you fucking cunt i got it from courage wolf when those fucking dog meme things were posted everyday
>>
>>27554001
you can do this, anon.

Let's do it. It might hurt, but it won't be as bad as the consequences of letting that tooth be. You're the man.
>>
File: 4fc.jpg (26 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
4fc.jpg
26 KB, 600x610
>>27554583
>you're a man for fucks sake just suck up and deal with it
>Kate Cross

Anyway, OP here. Just got back. Pic summarizes my experience. I was waiting for the crunching and the yanking to start when I heard the tooth ring in the sink and the doc saying "all done". Honestly, scraping off enamel was a more traumatic experience, because they don't use anesthesia for that and the lady cut up my gums to all fuck with that buzzing thing.

I may sing a different tune when the anesthesia wears off though.
>>
>>27554001
>Get wisdom teeth out under local.
>Have very dense jaw and numerous long hooked roots.
>Usually takes 30 minutes, it took them over an hour to do me.
>They dislocate my jaw in the process.
>One month latter a piece of bone they left in the wound decides to fuck my shit up, moves in flesh, gets infected- my cheek swells up to the size of an orange.
>2 weeks of IV antibiotics later, they operate.
>12 stitches on inside of cheek, face permanently down-graded from 5.5/10 to 4/10 due to asymmetry.
>Had perfect teeth and gums, now my gums are constantly inflamed and my teeth have moved around so I have trouble closing my mouth fully.
On the plus side if got to find out what burning human flesh smells like- rancid beef/tyres. Have fun OP.
>>
>>27556180
>enamel
I mean plaque. I think.
>>
>>27556268
Plaque removal is usually done with local anesthesia where I am, the granulate blasting still isn't all that pleasant and you're bound to have some bleeding.
>>
>>27554001
>people get moroe than local anesthesia for wisdom teeth
Pussies. Really. It's not a big deal at all. Post-op pain is terrible though. But the thing itself? Meh. Takes all of 12 minutes.
>>
>Falling for the wisdom tooth removal meme
I can flap the gum over the back of my teeth and absolutely nothing has gone wrong.

Eat shit, wisdomies.
>>
>>27557629
> and absolutely nothing has gone wrong

One day it will. Pray that it's not a friday evening, or even better, christmas eve.
>>
>>27554001
Stay calm, OP. Yesterday, I had to go to get surgery done because I had an infection on one of my teeth. I got 2 shots of local anesthesia. Only felt pain as burning points, gone by the time I registered them. The worst part is the way the drill vibrates your brain tho.
I also tried not to get a boner. Tried, not necessarily succeded.
>>
>>27557820
and now i have a new fetish.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.