[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: TTVGBTGRTRGF.png (3 KB, 750x383) Image search: [Google]
TTVGBTGRTRGF.png
3 KB, 750x383
The usual fitness thread: ask questions, report progress, discuss whatever.

If you're completely new to fitness, you belong here. If you ask anything for yourself, be sure to state your general goal with your questions, so that I might help you better.
>>
>>27551084
how about fitness dick into your mouth, bitch nigger
>>
>>27551094
>how about fitness dick into your mouth, bitch nigger

That was funny. I legit kekked a bit.
>>
>>27551084
How long would it take on average to get into good cardio health with a daily regimen? I'm not overweight or unhealthy generally, except for my lack of movement for the last 5 years. This past week and a half or 2, I've been running for 20 some minutes every day at the beginning of the day and another 15-20 in the middle, as well as maybe another 20 at the end. I can run about a quarter mile without dying so far, which is already a bit better than it used to be.
>>
File: cardio.gif (137 KB, 1288x2588) Image search: [Google]
cardio.gif
137 KB, 1288x2588
>>27551155
>How long would it take on average to get into good cardio health with a daily regimen?

About a day. I probably don't understand the question as you mean it, but any cardio is always better than no cardio if you do nothing else, so as soon as you start, it will be "good cardio health". If you mean getting somewhat good, then it will vary a lot, but won't matter much, ultimately, unless you have a deadline.

> I've been running for 20 some minutes every day at the beginning of the day and another 15-20 in the middle, as well as maybe another 20 at the end.

This seems to be very good, I would say. Do you take breaks during those 20 minutes or not at all?
>>
>>27551193
I take breaks in which I stop running and start walking a bit slowly, but as soon as my heart slows back down a bit in about 3 minutes, it's back to running for the next 6-7 minutes
>>
>>27551193
Can you just skip the first weeks in that table? That looks gay as fuck and I'm not THAT out of shape
>>
>>27551266
I'm not either, but I imagine you could do so if you felt you were up to it
>>
>>27551233

Sounds excellent. If you run for fatloss, remember that you should run at a pace where you could talk, because that's when you burn the most fat, otherwise your body may tap into other resources, resources that can fuel your body faster. Keep that in mind!
>>
>>27551266
>Can you just skip the first weeks in that table? That looks gay as fuck and I'm not THAT out of shape

Of course! Start where you think you're at. This chart is for people who have never run before.
>>
>>27551324
Thanks for the help, my man!
>>
I'm not exercising more but I'm watching my calories I try to consume 1400-1500 a day and I've gone from 96.8 to 85.8 in 3 months. I have diabetes and am going to get off insulin in a weeks time I never thought it would be this easy it started out hard but it's just food I can't wait to be fitter I'm not aiming for abs or anything I just want this fat face, man boobs to go and to be able and to see my penis more.
>>
>>27551402
96.8 to 85.8 kilograms I'm only 5'9" so I am still really overweight my goal weight is 70kg.
>>
I found a routine and I'm trying to get through it but sometimes I can't quite make it through each set/amount of reps, is it OK for the first few weeks stopping 1 set/3-4 reps early and moving on to the next exercise and then next week trying to get the full set done?

Second question:
Here is the routine I'm following

A
Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Incline Flyes
Dips
Pull-ups
Bent-over Bb Rows
Deadlifts
One-arm Db Rows

B
Military Press
Side Lat.
Bent-over Lat.
BB Curls
Hammer Curls
Close-grip Bench
Skull-crushers
Dips

C
Squats
Sldls
Lunges
Calf-raises Standing
Weighted Crunches
Side Bends
Knee-ups

xAxxBCx

When the guy posted this his body was literally perfect no homo and I wanna reach that body goal but he didn't post how many sets/reps for each one, would 5 sets with 8-10 reps be ok for each one? Because that's what I've been doing so far
>>
File: 1411629463744.jpg (2 MB, 2084x4576) Image search: [Google]
1411629463744.jpg
2 MB, 2084x4576
>>27551364

No probs. Don't hesitate to read on it as cardio is not my forte so far, but I know some principles and this is one of those.

Also, make sure your form is perfect. If you don't step correctly, you may get some unnecessary pain in the future, let me find the appropriate image...
>>
How important are rest days? I'm on a time schedule basically and I need to gain a lot of weight
>>
>>27551084

>>>/fit/ you dyel faggot.
>>
>>27551402
>I never thought it would be this easy

That's the main, and first, obstacle. Once you realise how easy it is if you do what it takes, then you feel like telling everyone about it, which is what I do here. Glad you found that out early on.

> but it's just food I can't wait to be fitter I'm not aiming for abs or anything I just want this fat face, man boobs to go and to be able and to see my penis more.

It is just food for now, but that's a great beginning. You now know you have control. There's no stopping you now. You'll grow more ambitious as things go, trust me. I used to look at Shia and think, "Fuck, he's ripped, I'd like to look this good," but now, I think he's a dyel and I know I can do better with enough time. You will grow and so will your ambitions.

You have no idea how far you can go just now. Naturally, I'll help along the way.

For you and everyone else, here's the e-mail where you can contact me any time. I check daily.

[email protected]

I take questions and progress reports, or anything. If you need to tell someone about your efforts, I'm the guy.
>>
File: homemade.png (1 MB, 1364x766) Image search: [Google]
homemade.png
1 MB, 1364x766
who here /homemade lifting shoes/???
>>
File: Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Fitness Guide for r9k.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
>>27551415
>I found a routine and I'm trying to get through it but sometimes I can't quite make it through each set/amount of reps, is it OK for the first few weeks stopping 1 set/3-4 reps early and moving on to the next exercise and then next week trying to get the full set done?

I explain the whole thing in the guide, pic related.

Basically, no, it's not OK, it means you lift too heavy. That'd be OK if it wasn't also a health hazard. If you aim for 8 reps, load up accordingly. There's no point in overloading. You won't magically grow muscles from overloading. Overloading means worse form, working other muscles than the ones you want, and straining your joints. Don't make your joints make gains.

Keep in mind that, on the whole, whether you do 5 reps or 10, the difference isn't huge. I normally do 8 reps on my military presses nowadays. A few weeks ago, I couldn't, I only did 5. Same weight. Now I can get to 10 easily, so I'm considering loading up a bit and see how many I can do.

What matters is you listen to your body and never do things that cause the wrong kind of pain. You'll know it instantly. Listen to that.

Once, I didn't, and I snapped my shit for two weeks. Always listen to the signals. They never lie.
>>
>>27551415
>A
>Incline Bench
>Flat Bench
>Incline Flyes
>Dips
>Pull-ups
>Bent-over Bb Rows
>Deadlifts
>One-arm Db Rows

Seems fine to me. My current program is short as shit, but it works the same areas. I think what matters more, now, is how you perform this stuff: reps and sets, etc.

The rest of the program is very complete, I must say. I'm not sure so much variety is required, however.

The only downside is you don't repeat the same thing many times a week, although there's a lot of overlap, I think.

I'd like to see that guy's bod, no homo.

>would 5 sets with 8-10 reps be ok for each one?

Sure, provided you use weight where you can't do 12 reps. If you can only do 5 reps, that's heavy enough. You don't need to strain your muscles to grow them.

I don't think it's a bad program at all, does it have a name?
>>
>>27551444
>How important are rest days? I'm on a time schedule basically and I need to gain a lot of weight

Trips for a good question. Personally, I always have at least one day between sessions. Just to give my body time to recuperate no matter what. It also helps keeping me motivated and feel more fighty for the next session.
>>
File: 1459441859523.jpg (379 KB, 800x3000) Image search: [Google]
1459441859523.jpg
379 KB, 800x3000
>>27551486

/fit/, not even once.
>>
File: 55421766.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
55421766.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
>>27551729

(Someone give me a better smug Pepe.)
>>
File: Happy_Pepe.jpg (25 KB, 480x424) Image search: [Google]
Happy_Pepe.jpg
25 KB, 480x424
Gimme some Pepes.
>>
File: htrhrrhr.jpg (63 KB, 600x436) Image search: [Google]
htrhrrhr.jpg
63 KB, 600x436
No one else?

Whoriginal.
>>
File: todor.jpg (273 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
todor.jpg
273 KB, 960x640
>>27551084
How do I make myself work out? I want to work out, but I just wont.
I want to do it, and I have the money, and I have the time, and my body is capable of it, but it doesnt occur. Going to the fitness doesnt happen.

How do I make going to the fitness happen?
>>
>>27551193
>how to fuckup your knees: a short gudie

Running isnt a good idea, I think.
>>
>>27551486
/fit/ is for people who work out.
this thread is for people who dont work out.
>>
Fitness is the way to go, the less fit you are the less yime you'll have yo kek at dank memes
>>
How do i get started if if my body hurts all the time? my back and knees ache, i feel like i'd die if i attempted a weighted squat.
>>
4x or 5x a week routine that involves the compounds?
Doing the texas method (3x/week) but I've got free time coming up and I'll kill myself if I have to stay home more than I need to.

inb4 >>>/fit/
>>
>>27553360
>4x or 5x a week

Thats stupid.
>>
>>27553369
Yeah well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Also why?
>>
>>27553277
mmmm, your name sounds delicious.
>>
>>27553199

Schedule. Organise. Leave as little room for chance or will as possible.

Schedule an appointment with the gym itself, that way you'll just have to go. Worth a try.
>>
>>27553277

This exactly. That's what I should say from here on. Thanks!
>>
>>27553604
Hi Carroll, my name is Jon, would you like to email me sometime? :)
>>
>>27553639
>my name is Jon

>Mandy Clarke

Goddam transmen.
>>
>>27553639
Why did it come up that my name is Mandy? What's going on?
>>
>>27553660
Hit F5, Bruce.
>>
is nofap a mandatory companion to getting fit
>>
>>27551415
>When the guy posted this his body was literally perfect

Could you post pics of his body? You made me really curiously about his body because this routine is pretty good and balance, nothing complicated.
>>
>>27551763
I live in an apartment, so buying gear is out of the question.
And I am a very fragile coward, so I get demoralized when I enter a gym and see all the very big strong men and all the giggling supermodel girls.
Basically I more or less have to do dumbbells. I got two, some chinese knockoff garbage. Made of rubber and smells like nuclear waste. They also dont weight as much as it says on them, in any metric system. Just random numbers it seems.

Anyways, I am skinny fat, or more like fat and very weak. I tried working out with them, but I just get too tired and lose interest after doing two movements, for example after doing curls and trying to imitate a bench press. It doesnt help that my ability to lift is such that if I am changing moves, I basically have to redo my weights every time, which further annoys me and gets me to stop working out.
Can you give me some routine that has 5-6 moves per day at most, so I can try to complete it using my bad dumbbells and nothing else?
Thanks in advance anyway, mister gym man. Doing Gods work helping robots keep healthy.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.