[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the dumbest meme that teachers try to push, and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: geography-teacher-4.jpg (207 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
geography-teacher-4.jpg
207 KB, 1280x854
What's the dumbest meme that teachers try to push, and why is it that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source?
>>
>implying it's not the holocaust
most of my high school teachers explained wikipedia for what it is - a jumping off point. it isn't a reliable source itself, but it can give you the ideas and point you to the sources you need.
>>
>>27549735

They know Wikipedia is a reliable source, they just want to make research "hard".
>>
>>27549735
the correct answer is STEM degrees
>>
Wikipedia fucking sucks for some topics, lying anything on Pacific theatre WWII. It reads like grandpa wrote it while nine whiskies deep, reliving his experiences fighting the fuckin' japs.

Also anything feminism-related has been brigaded to death
>>
File: OP_is_a_fag.gif (930 KB, 150x148) Image search: [Google]
OP_is_a_fag.gif
930 KB, 150x148
wikipedia confirmed pic related
very reliable source, i just added it
>>
>Lol anyone can edit it.

Do teachers just not know about mods?
>>
>>27549992

Or locked pages? Or sources?
>>
>>27549992
I fucking hated when they said this shit
>>
>fat people used to be sex symbols in prehistorical societies
>>
>going to university is worth it
>>
>>27549735
>it gets better

origin
>>
>>27549735
The meme that they are smart, capable and not reprobates in their field.
>>
>>27549735
Wikipedia is reliable, but it's better to use the sources wikipedia uses, to go to them directly.
>>
>>27549735
Australian Aboriginals were a peaceful and unified society
>>
>>27549784
>holocaust
Nailed it
>>
>>27550064
Whats with the wierd beehive on the head? Always wondered about that. Is it because artist couldnt do faces?
>>
Just find whatever you needed in wikipedia and hit the source button after it
>>
>>27549735
My biology teacher when i was about 14 was telling us that twins have the same fingerprints, i told her she was wrong and she didnt listen obviously, i asked her if we get this question in the test and i put the stuff she says how do i make sure she gets in trouble for telling the whole class the wrong answer, she just babbled some nonsense, fucking idiot
>>
>>27550669
grats on being the australian white nationalist for this thread
>>
>>27550730
They're right
Cannibalism and ritual torture aren't parts of a peaceful and unified society
>>
File: swanson.jpg (40 KB, 549x585) Image search: [Google]
swanson.jpg
40 KB, 549x585
>mfw wikipedia has sources right there at the bottom of every page for you to copy/paste but dumb fuckers still use wikipedia pages as references
>>
>>27550752
Care to substantiate either of those claims there anon?
>>
>>27550678
Cornrows 7464423367
>>
>>27549735
I literally spend hours a week editing articles in a clean and rightful way to downplay nazi war crimes, for example in the article "organized crime" under terrorism there was a picture with SS shooting dead people and i removed it entirely, still gone now but i never go big or else it would raise suspicions
>>
>Anon, you need to learn cursive as you'll have to use it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>27549735
wikipedia isnt reliable. read the cited works after any sentence and see how different what it actually says is
>>
>>27551465
Wikipedia
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.