[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every now and then, you are reminded of an obscure but obvious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 600x3031) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 600x3031
Every now and then, you are reminded of an obscure but obvious fact in life that you have been ignoring without realizing this. And when you are reminded, a wonderful thing happens. You now have the option to consider taking action upon the realization of this fact you had originally forgotten.

This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is slowly poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to be yourself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>27548894
Think I'd rather continue jacking off to chinese cartoons
>>
>>27548894
But I've been here so long anon. Where else will I go? I'm not about return to gamefaqs again.
>>
File: fasface.jpg (34 KB, 608x397) Image search: [Google]
fasface.jpg
34 KB, 608x397
>>27548894
HEY GUISE, look at my hot opinions i have zero proof for.
and i wrote a ultra long text that means im ultra smart! even every fucking idiot could express this retarded shit in one sentence.
>>
File: Really.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
Blah blah blah blah blah.
>>
>>27548894
These boards are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's 4chan.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqtobIpZt68
>>
File: 43hgd.png (144 KB, 183x333) Image search: [Google]
43hgd.png
144 KB, 183x333
>>27548894
Time to leave the house, faggot
>>
i don't come here very often any longer because i have more going on than before; but i just want to say you're full of shit, op. for the rest of my post i'll be talking about 4chan in general.
i've gotten a lot out of this shithole. there are musicians, films, and authors i've discovered here that i wouldn't have found otherwise (even using those other resources you talk about. these things were so far out of my wheelhouse or so obscure that i wouldn't have just run across them). there are perspectives that i would have never heard in the mainstream media or other, heavily moderated sites that genuinely made me think.
i've also had a lot of fun. whether it was a ridiculous thread on /x/ that never went anywhere, sparked by a weird google streetview find or that robot who lived in complete, filthy squalor that posted pictures of his house. sometimes it isn't about efficiency, it's about coming across something surprising.
so, sure, it's a terrible idea to sit around and frogpost for hours. it's a terrible idea to take the hivemind opinions of any given board and make it your personal ideology; but this place isn't completely worthless.
this board in particular was here when i needed it. sometimes you want to stew in your own shit for awhile. sometimes you need to do it just so you can become disgusted with yourself. everyone is different. i'm sure for some people this is the worst place to be, but it actually helped me crawl out of my little hole. so fuck your blanket statements, you doublenigger.
>>
File: 4252626.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
4252626.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>>27548894
I've been here for so long that this place defines who I am. It's a part of me. I can't just let it go.
>>
yeah, that's all true. been on 4chan for 8 years: every second of it was colossal waste of time.

I'm an edgelord nihilist aspie though so I don't care. Gonna stick around until I inevitably blow my brains out. Don't stay here unless you want to end up like me.
>>
>>27548894
>ITP the snarky comeback to end them all

literally costs nothing to open a book little niglet
>>
>>27548925
>>27548962
>>27549246
>>27549277
>>27549301
t. teenager/early 20s idiot.
>>
>>27549559
Guessed a decade too high m8
I shudder to think someone in their twenties could post something that stupid
>>
Word to to wise: take OP's advice

Posts like this aren't written by outsiders who stumble onto 4chan and are confused and disgusted by it. They're written by the people who've been here longer than almost everybody, they're the ones who are intimately acquainted with it. They understand perfectly 4chan's poisonous allure. How this innocuous outlet can become a pit without you even realizing it.

People don't write posts like this because they HATE 4chan. On the contrary, people write posts like this because they've love 4chan so much they've experienced how addicting it can.
>>
>>27548894
>Nobody is interested in the truth

That's true literally everywhere. We don't live in a world of facts but of facticity. That's the first thing you learn in a statistics class. Whoever paints the coherent picture first, and repeats it enough that it becomes a part of peoples internal dialogue, wins the argument. Whoever has the 20-citation essay complemented by the smarmiest image grabs is the winner. This holds true on 4chan. This holds true in elections.
>>
>>27549438
This is it right here
>>
>>27549559
I'm 18 years old.
I'm pretty old mate.
>>
File: 28231438_p2.jpg (90 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
28231438_p2.jpg
90 KB, 1000x800
>>27548894
Why do I get the feeling this post was created by a reddit loving feminist. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just get this strange feeling about it.

OP you are implying that other actions have meaning. The conversations you have in the "real" world are often just as shallow and even more pointless. When you talk with strangers you mostly talk about the fucking weather or some other small talk bullshit. This leaves any decent conversations as just between friends. This makes it quite rare if you have to go to school or work. Oh sure you may have work friends but you have to be real careful of what you say making it a fairly hallow friendship at best.
>>
File: 1459168128069.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1459168128069.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>27548894
This hit me hard famagilia.

He literarly said nothing wrong.
But i love this poison somehow.
I dont try to be edgy but this site is the only who i can meet people with the same interest, Problems and stories.
I mainly /pol/ but i keep an eye on this board aswell.
>>
>>27549833
You're too young to understand that this pasta tells the truth. Your smugness will fade in a few years if you don't take this warning seriously.
>>
>>27549833
I'm also 18.
Shut the fuck up. You're not old.
>>
It's copypasta you nerds
True as fuck
But copypasta
>>
>>27549914
Says the old guy
Trying to make yourself feel younger I see
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.