[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you experience ego death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1439786235173.jpg (906 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
1439786235173.jpg
906 KB, 3110x2073
Is this the road to happiness?
Away from "hyper self-awareness", shame, guilt, and negative self-esteem?
>>
>>27547724
OP's /fa/ meet-up pic really shows clothes do jackshit to make you look attractive.
>>
>>27547724
Pretty much being at your lowest point, which happened to me my senior year of high school. Unfortunately I never got to show off my newfound self-confidence.
>>
>>27547724
>>27547795
Thats not what ego death means. All it is is a term used by people who have taken high dosages of psychedelic or dissociative drugs to describe the experience of temporarily forgetting who or what anything especially including yourself is.
>>
>>27547724
Dylann and long neck guy gets me every time.
>>
>>27547724
Yeah I saved this edit a while ago. I chose it because even though they look totally ridiculous I'm kinda jealous they walk around in public like that. I wish I had the courage to let go of my ego like that and just do /something/ without feeling like a piece of shit.

>>27547795
I have been pretty low for about 15 years now. Something this year has sorta clicked and I just don't give a shit anymore and it's pretty freeing to just be able to say all kinds of shit to people and get laughs and feel social. I wonder though if there is another step to losing more layers of negative self-consciousness.
>>
>>27547832
Thats stupid, drugs are stupid.
>>
>>27547767
no, it's just a bunch of autists wearing clothes they can't pull off. if you aren't a moron you can find stuff that will make you look better
>>
Ego death is sort of a spooky temporary feeling that can be achieved primarily through psychedelic drug use. If you've ever hydroplaned in a vehicle, it's kind of the spiritual equivalent of that feeling.
>>
>>27547879
That does sound pretty spooky.
>>
Try reading The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Also there's lots of him on YouTube .
>>
Here's the cover of his book.
>>
>>27547724
Sounds more like you're talking about being in a coma.
>>
>>27549698
The past has a whole hell of a lot of power over the present moment, given how much it's done to shape your personality and outlook. Eckhart Tolle and other spiritual gurus spout lots of empty-headed rhetoric that sounds meaningful until you actually examine it, and then it's clear that it's nothing more than wishful thinking. It's basically "just b urself," except that instead it's something like "just b present." Both concepts are equally ill-defined and useless.
>>
>>27547835
who's dylann
>>
File: At last.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
At last.png
33 KB, 255x216
By doing a lot of drugs. At one point I was convinced my emotions manifested itself into different people and all the things I've done in the past that made me hate myself was a result from one of those people hijacking my body. Other moments, I was convinced I was one of those manifestations and that I was free from the burden my sober self carried. It was temporary but it felt like I achieved true happiness.
>>
Try to get into Buddhist meditation, OP.

There are so many different types of this and I'm only barely beginning so I won't post anything because I'm probably wrong. Hit up /lit/ though, there are some people there who really know their shit.
>>
awww babby's first trip
>>
>>27551986
>>27552033
whats going on with these names
>>
>>27547832

/thread

This is the correct answer. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't had an ego death and is simply ignorant of what an actual egodeath is/feels like.
>>
I've had a thing while under hypnosis where I wasn't really consciously thinking or self-aware, just experiencing a stream of sensory input like how an animal must feel, not making any logical thoughts or judgement, just feeling/seeing/hearing/smelling/tasting

shame and guilt aren't exactly my problem lets just say but it does put things into perspective that there's more to existence than your own identity
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.