[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
things normies do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: nyjah.png (429 KB, 699x579) Image search: [Google]
nyjah.png
429 KB, 699x579
Is /skateboarding/ for normies?
>>
>>27545626
meh, it didn't used ton be so much, but it is pretty popular these days.
>>
It is.
Basically you are doing monkey stuff on a piece of board with wheels to impress strangers.
You can't be a skater if you have anxiety, you can't be a robot if you're a skater.
>>
I skate and I'm also a virgin. do i qualify?
>>
I live in an earthquake destroyed city and the normie teenagers skate in the cordoned off areas
>le I'm so alternative and rebellious xD
>>
>>27545626
skateboarding isn't too popular nowadays. skaters are usually pretty chill tbqh
>>
>>27546030
>impress strangers
I've never skated with anyone in my life.
It's comfy as fuck to cruise around the neighbourhood on a nice day, or push myself to try and learn some tricks.
>>
Everyone in this thread shitting on skaters has never tried it.

I started skating last year (21m) and I have never felt as free as I do when I'm cruising down dark streets with my headphones in. I still haven't tried to learn to do tricks, don't really want to crack my brain case, but just riding is a thrill unto itself.

Plus skating constantly will give u dat balance and low bodyfat to leave the stacies mirin.
>>
>>27546767
were not saying its any bad, youre just a normie, nothing to be ashamed of

just get the fuck off this board and go to /b/ or something

any athletic thing is for normies, that includes running, snowboarding/skiing, swimming

leave
>>
>>27546970
please i need your acceptance.
>>
>>27546970
running when done alone and at night is pretty robot m8.
>>
>>27546970
Lane swimming is pretty robotic, it's not like you talk to anyone.
>>
I would like to pick up skating, but I'm afraid I could get verbal abuse from others in the local skatepark. Is this really something to worry about or am I imaging stuff?
>>
File: image.jpg (713 KB, 1536x2056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
713 KB, 1536x2056
>>27545626
No. We weren't normies, but we weren't really robots either. Like any subculture, it had its Chads and it had its betas.

The difference is its an activity that actually requires effort and time, unlike say weed culture. Most of the other skaters I knew smoked but simultaneously looked down on the stoners who always stuck around. They were lazy and their identity was based on consuming, not on actually doing anything. They talked about how cool and gnarly skating is but never actually got good.

Also, the fact is that you can't really fake it. Unlike many other subcultures, the identity wasn't exclusively based on clothing and music and style, at the end of the day it was your actual skill that determined your legitimacy. This made posers extremely easy to spot, and made it much more inaccessible to women who just want attention.

It isn't really all that popular either. It was for a bit, but most normies never got really into actual skateboarding, they just maybe learned to Ollie or just rode long boards or those obnoxious mini boards.
>>
>>27547345
I've even skating for years and it honestly depends. Honestly most skate parks no one will bother you if you don't get in anyone's way, but just like a gym, some people will just be happy to see someone putting in effort, and some might silently look down on you a bit.

I've always hated skating anywhere where people can see me. Which is why i mostly skate on my roof>>27547372
>>
>>27546030
>a person who's never skated in his life and does nothing but shitpost
>>
File: 1449695917415.jpg (9 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
1449695917415.jpg
9 KB, 219x219
>>27547424
>roof
explain
>>
>>27547656
See picture related on my above post, senpai
>>
>tfw skate
>tfw suck at it
>tfw too scared to go to the skatepark cause i'm that bad
>tfw khv
g-gettin pussy
>>
>>27545626
Yeah, I skated all through high school as did my friends. Still wound up a kv loser.
>>
>>27547345
Mixed bag, I often went to skate parks by myself. One time I was completely alone when this group showed up and they were just like "Uh you here alone?" it was awkward.
>>
File: board.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
board.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
>>27547746
fuck man, fuck. i feel ya.
i can only skate for like 2 hours before i get tired and my feet start cramping up, but i know that if i had friends with me i could go for longer. i just have no friends, and i've tried to reach out to people, but they just don't reciprocate.
everything is a lot more fun with friends. wish i had some.
>>
>>27547802
Same, my pastfriends quit long before I did, fucking pussies.
>>
>>27545626
Just do it front of your house Ollie over things onto a curb off a curb (they're all different feels) and eventually go to a stair it's good just keep trying and it feels good when you see yourself improve
>>
>>27547917
Sry was meant for >>27547696
>>
>>27545688
This. Skating was very popular back in like 2006 then kinda faded out.Nowadays every faggot numale like this guy
>>27546767
casually rolls around vaping and listening to music, all the while going through crowded areas.
Skating is more normie than ever now. At least back then skaters were edgy outcasts. Now every bearded faggot with red skinny jeans is rolling around
>>
I skate. Anyone on here from PA that skates
>>
first of all,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mps0LTpIBE

This is super creepy. I was skating today for the first time in forever and I was thinking about this exact same topic; i.e. the image of skaters.

I love it because I'm out of shape as fuck and I can still be good enough at skateboarding that I have fun with it and enjoy it, which is why I would consider it robot-friendly. Also, just the basics of being comfortable riding and steering is all you need to longboard, which is an awesome experience.

Alternatively, how you look doing it is actually very important because people will judge you accordingly in the same way they normally would (see: that comparison picture of "chad does X and it's okay, but robot does it and it's creepy"), but this time your presence is that much more pronounced since you stand out by being on a skateboard/longboard in public so you'll call more attention to yourself and maybe get judged harder.

If you're afraid of judgement, I think one of the major factors is having friends. If you're just skateboarding/longboarding around a college campus or whatever by yourself, people will probably see you as a tryhard in the same light as "college quad douchebag guitar player." If you have friends with you, there's a stronger implication that you're genuinely just trying to have fun, rather than look edgy/cool/etc.

solution: if you're worried about judgement, do it with friends or do it in private. practically, it's a robot-accessible hobby with a low barrier to entry but very hard to master. if you're content with probably not getting gud and just dicking around, it's awesome.
>>
>>27547971
nah bitch they're rolling around on longboards and pennyboards and that pussy shit, no one youre speaking of ever slammed. learn the difference.
>>
>>27548311
this is really true. Skating in a group is a lot better and i feel way more confident than when i'm alone. Redirects all the attention from me as an individual to all of us as a group. Some of my greatest memories were skating through the city with a crew
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.