[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you make enough money to live on your own fairly comfortably?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
Do any of you make enough money to live on your own fairly comfortably? What do you do and what is your advice for a NEET to get successful?
>>
>>27545014

>Do any of you make enough money to live on your own fairly comfortably?

Yes

>What do you do

Lab technologist

>what is your advice for a NEET to get successful?

leave 4chan
>>
File: 1415897329453.jpg (361 KB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
1415897329453.jpg
361 KB, 3264x1952
Please help, guys. I don't even have enough money to get a helium tank, or a hipoint to blow my brains out.
>>
>>27545014
I have 13k saved up and I make 62k a year, but I still live with my parents because I'm not a rentcuck
>>
>>27545744
>I have 13k saved up and I make 62k a year, but I still live with my parents because I'm not a rentcuck

Instead you're a manchild
>>
File: 2D9797804-ss-130808-twics-08.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
2D9797804-ss-130808-twics-08.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1001
>>27545744
what do you do for a living and how does a lowlife like me get into it?
>>
>>27545014

Yes. I pay myself roughly 90k annually and put the rest back in my businesses. I legitimately save everything though.

>What do you do?
I have two businesses.

>What is your advice for a NEET to get successful?
Become passionate about something while you still have enormous amounts of free time. The money naturally will come if you monetize what you love doing.
>>
>>27545014
I have rich parents. orignalllll
>>
>>27545014
I live on my own, so... I work at Petsmart. Not glamorous, but I'm surviving. My advice to a NEET: kill yourself if you can. Trust me. Life just gets worse and worse as you go on. Bills pile up, you get uglier, your body shuts down, you get lonelier. It's not worth it.
>>
>>27545014

yes

>What do you do?

live off the inheritance + college money that my grandparents left me and will continue to live off the inheritance my parents leave me. I have a nice comfy nest egg, that i think ill be able to live off until i die. i work part time at a smoke shop, just to say i have a job.

>what is your advice for a NEET to get successful?

stop being a NEET or find a way to scam or get money from the system.
>>
>>27545789
>he thinks giving money to landlords somehow makes him more mature
Retard
>>
>>27545744
You'll be paying the jew one way or another. If you don't rent you'll be paying a bank to have the right to "own" your house. Once you pay off the bank you'll be 60+ years old and you still have to pay property tax or the jews in government can still take your home away.
>>
>>27545014
Get a job family. I can't tell you how many hours of my life I spent trying to make a game that would bring in passive income. The second I took up a wagecuck job, I actually started getting somewhere but as a hobby that I support, not as a job that supports me.

Just get any job you can and start looking at better paying, better fitting jobs after.
>>
>>27545410
>leave 4chan
seriously does this place fuck you over that much if you indulge it or is this a meme?
>>
>>27545789
>the automatic deposit of 1/3rd my monthly wage into my landlords account makes me an adult
have fun funding some fat asshole house hoarding baby boomer's yearly cruises because "that's what's expected of me"
lmao
>>
>>27545862
>implying I won't just wait till my parents die to inherit their 1.7 million dollar house
Being a cucked must be ingrained into you
>>
>>27545846

>he thinks there's nothing wrong with being a fully grown man and purposely leeching off your parents.

Pathetic is all that comes to mind.
>>
>>27545846
that's a roastie, they have stupid standards for no reason.
>>
>>27545924
A lot of people fall for memes. If you stick around long enough--which you shouldn't--you'll end up falling for at least one (or more) too. It only happens if you take this place too seriously though.
>>
>>27545952
>having such a jew washed worldview that living with your parents is leeching off them
>literally forgetting the concept of family
I help out with house work, pay for my own groceries etc. I would welcome my children to live with me in the future, because family is important
>>
File: 1408602074099.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1408602074099.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
Please, guys. I just need ideas so I don't have to sell my boipussy for enough money to get suicide gear.
>>
File: Mexichan.jpg (11 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
Mexichan.jpg
11 KB, 194x259
There's hundreds of ways to make money Op. You literally just have to be yourself to find how you want to earn your $$$

I started out making money by breeding and selling fishes which would earn me up to 40K every year.
>>
>>27546083
if you're about to kill yourself just rob a someone you fucking faggot
>>
>>27546083
You could try value trading if you have zero skills, and it's considered one of the easiest ways to make bank quickly
>>
Six figure nigger here

>Have a house worth 500k
> ready to buy second house worth more
>qt wife who makes me food sucks my dick and cleans
>I take care of her too
>cook for her, nice to her, fuck her like a champ

My advice is get ur degree or start a business. Whatever u do make sure u can make enough money to meet your personal goals. Also you want to do something that is interesting and rewarding... that will help motivate you.

Keep track of your goals and make them challenging but achievable. Tell people about your goals if you need motivation (that way there is pressure to perform).

When u make money, save it. Dont spend it on stupid shit like new cars, other depreciating assets, or eating out. in otherwords, be a jew. I still drive the same car as I did when I was a poorfag. It's paid off and in tip top shape.

Be healthy. Dont eat out more than a few times a week. exercise regularly. Dont fucking sleep in.

Everyone has their vices. mine is imi have an overactive sex drive. I have to whack off at least twoce a day to stay sane. Try to manage them so u can get shit done.

Always improve yourself, too. Read books and talk to people about things you like.
>>
>>27546452
what do you do, faggot? Reading comprehension, the question is in the faggot OP.
>>
>>27546633
It doesnt matter what I do. What matters are your goals and the path you take to obtain them. Also all that other financial advice I gave about saving money and spending wisely.
>>

Yup.

>What do you do?

Creative Technologist / Maker / Designer / Developer

>What is your advice for a NEET to get successful?

Have/develop skills in a field relevant to your interestsite or failing that, a field in which you think you're likely to be able to earn a living.

Education helps.

Have some drive, ambition and initiative.

Shit's not gonna do itself. If you wanna do something you need to make yourself fucking do it. No one owes you anything and nothings going to be handed to you if you can't be arsed to work a bit for it.

>>27545410
Ooh, what kinda lab? My last job was as a Lab Manager / Creative Technologist.

Don't see too many around these parts...
>>
File: 1453680661104.png (110 KB, 453x567) Image search: [Google]
1453680661104.png
110 KB, 453x567
>>27546771
Literally
L I T E R A L L Y
"Just bee yourself"- the post
>>
File: laughing.jpg (4 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
4 KB, 301x167
Why would I tell you? I don't want competition
>>
>>27546771
Haha. Fucking fag.

>Earn money and don't spend any of it

Fuck that shit.
I like to spend my money. I like to eat at restaurantsome, I like to live in a nice area, I like to buy nice things.

I'd rather enjoy my life when I'm still fairly young rather than jewishly hoarding in some pseudo masochistic charade.

I can be sensible when I'm older and have more responsibilities.
Doing that now is just wasting your life.
>>
>>27547178
Stay buttmad kid. Typical consumerist bullshit.

I still have fun doing the things I love. i eat the best food, just usually make it myself or w the wife. Also im in great shape... i feel like a kid.

I can pretty much afford anything i want, but that doesnt mean i go out and get it. Plus my job is super rewarding/fun.

Just trying to pass on some advice that helped me out.
>>
Is $7,350 enough to live in a cheap state like WV?
>>
>>27547331
>Typical consumerist bullshit.
I like nice things.
I'm not going to have any guilt about not living an epitome of Marxist lifestyle.

>Just trying to pass on some advice that helped me out.

It's shitty advice and you're not better suited to be giving it out than anyone else hear.
Sanctimonious silly sausage.
>>
>>27547408
How is saving money to buy real estate in one of the top metros marxist? sounds like an american ideal to me.

What advice do you have besides eating at expensive restaurants?
>>
>>27545014
>do you make enough to live comfortably?
Honestly? Yeah. I buy what I want, spend around $100 a month on vidya, and my job is pretty comfy. It pays shit but for my age I think I'm doing somewhat ok.

>what do you do?
Hospital warehouse worker. Night shift so I work maybe two hours, chill until morning. Could be doing much worse.

>Advice for NEETs
Get a job. No, really. Get something that's less stress and try to stay away from stress. Rake in the coin, be responsible on what you buy, save up what you can, and just keep cruising. Other than laundry, grocery shopping and work, I don't leave my apartment. Hell, I rarely leave my room as is.

NEET life isn't good, but if you have some form of income and can keep doing your thing without stress over bills,feel free to just avoid society. It hasn't gotten any better.
>>
>>27545014
I rent a bedroom in a house with a roommate. For Los Angeles it's pretty damn good for 16/hr, plus I leave for work before he gets up and he doesn't get home until I'm getting ready for bed so we rarely see each other.

Anyways I found a really easy job where I practically read webcomics and Classical literature online for at least 2 of the 8 hours I'm at work each day. I'm enjoying Erfworld and Seneca's epistles a lot at the moment. I do hardly any work but they seem to think I'm awesome at this. They're even giving me a bonus in my paycheck this month because they gave me like one basic ass task to do that was beyond my daily shit. I feel guilty sometimes.
>>
>>27545816
YEE. we live in an era where you can actually chase dreams and find some sort of success if you're smart about it. Risks are worth taking, learn that and your life will start to get very interesting.
>>
>>27547478

>saving money to buy real estate
Sounds like consumerist bullshit to me.

>an american ideal
Disgusting

>What advice do you have besides eating at expensive restaurants?
>>27546829
>>
>>27547596
So ur saying marxist on one hand then co sumerist on another... make up your mind.

Still making more money than you

Still making more off investments with more coming in
>>
>>27545014
I do. I'm a software usability researcher.

Just so you know, I'm not "successful", I just have a regular office job.

One obvious tip is to study STEM or business, work summer jobs (bonus if related to your degree but handing out newspapers is better than nothing), and visit career/recruitment events on campus. That's what I did.
>>
>So ur saying marxist on one hand then co sumerist on another... make up your mind.
Just because I'm, by my own admission, a bit of a materialist and like nice things, doesn't mean I'm a super capitalist, money hoarding fuckwit.
>Still making more money than you

>Still making more off investments with more coming in

Good for you bub, if that's what makes you happy.

I'm still not giving a shit.
>>
I made a game that sold pretty well and have lots to live off for now.
>>
>>27547811
What's your game?
>>
File: 1450201634935.png (351 KB, 464x502) Image search: [Google]
1450201634935.png
351 KB, 464x502
>>27547811
>>27547849
I concur. What's your game?
>>
>>27546829
>Ooh, what kinda lab?

histology
>>
>>27546933
OP posted that because any functioning adult who has grown up at all and matured realizes that being yourself is the only ONLY way to live a comfortable and happy life.
>>
>>27545410
As a highly successful person, you think it is so simple for everyone to achieve the same level of success if they just work hard, yet you fail to realize that many people are condemned to a life of depression, anxiety and low paying jobs because they are unfortunate enough to have been born with a personality that is not conducive to doing well in stressful environments, and therefore they are relegated to jobs deemed as "shitty and undesirable" by society, since the most stressful jobs are obviously the highest paying jobs. It is no secret that fewer people want to do more stressful jobs, and so that is why the salary is higher, but not everybody can handle those levels of stress, and so that is why they seek jobs in other areas, jobs that suit their personality. There is a big difference between trailer trash and somebody who genuinely tries hard, yet is brought down by the clutches of neuroticism.
>>
>>27547849
>>27548237
To The Moon
>>
technically i could live on my own...if i rented a cheap room in a house with a few other strangers
>>
>>27548493
Ayyy my African fraternal friend.

Awesome game. My ex once threatened to break up with me because I had it on my backlog and wouldn't immediately play it.

Played it anyway and broke up with her soon after.
>>
>>27545014
Would trade my job and comfortable living for a qt gf who will love me any day.
It's a meme that you have to be miserable if you are a NEET (at least if you somewhere where there is neetbux). In fact other things are really more important than money and material luxuries.
>>
So no. Living on your own is a dream for this generation. Time to shuffle around and die.
>>
>>27548388
>highly successful person
>r9k
>>
>>27549785
> grow up in a shitty family
> father always drinks, never worked, mom had to work to pay for everything + his alcohol
> hate him
> we end up leaving him I go into a huge fight with him
> he simply listens to me and tells me "I hope you end up being like me"

> fast forward
> studying well, have plans for the future
> find a qt girl
> she has crippling social anxiety
> do everything to help her and be with her
> drop out, work shitty jobs
> barely keep up
> she ends up getting better after 6 years
> is able to hold a job and study
> I can't do shit, can't work anymore, drink regularly
> she says she's okay with me not working and she'll never leave me because she loves me
> I remember my mother telling me stories of how my father and her relationship was similar
> realises I became my dad

In this case, I wish I just studied and followed my dreams. It's great when someone loves you, but you feel pathetic when you can't do shit anymore, and you know you're causing problems for someone you love.
>>
This is why capitalism is unsustainable and needs immigration for labor. People burn out and die , become neets or shuffle around without energy like zombies.

Meanwhile people hoard money just to have it while others don't.

And then those faggots will tell you all kinds of impractical advice. Really they say it to make themselves feel better and not to help you because you won't understand.
>>
>>27549841

You're alright. Don't have a kid.
>>
>>27549841
Well, I dropped out and work a great job.
>le you need higher education to make money meme
>>
>>27549945
Back on topic your green story is about people not loving and even abusing you, not about poverty.
>>
>>27549945
I know you don't need a higher education, but it just feels like my dreams and life in general slipped away. I know it's almost never too late to get an education if I really want it or to find a job, but for some reason I just can't. I don't think i've ever been unmotivated to do something in my entire life. It's like I can't seem to get any momentum.
>>
>>27549978
Ah no, misread. Well, stop drinking then, seek help for your alcohol problem?
>>
File: 1442466515192.jpg (92 KB, 374x363) Image search: [Google]
1442466515192.jpg
92 KB, 374x363
T-thanks for all the responses, guys. Please keep them coming. I really need to escape this NEETlife.
>>
>>27551291
How long have you been a NEET?
>>
>>27545410
>people falling for just another robot living out a fantasy where he' successful and giving out "advice"
This is a test and you're failing
>>
File: jpg[1].jpg (42 KB, 300x528) Image search: [Google]
jpg[1].jpg
42 KB, 300x528
>>27548493
so this is you?
>>
Get the government to give you money or alternatively use a job to save up to buy and sell currency
>>
>>27545413
Go to bed robot, it's late.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.