[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
18yo here My school is having it's senior prom tomorrow,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Prom_crowded_dancefloor.jpg (1 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
Prom_crowded_dancefloor.jpg
1 MB, 3456x2304
18yo here
My school is having it's senior prom tomorrow, but I've decided to skip out due to having zero friends... I figured that it'd be better to not go than to go and suffer either a panic attack or severe depression from lack of social contact (the latter of which has been occurring much more frequently, unfortunately...). The thing is... I can't help but ponder whether or not I'm going to regret /not/ going... I'm not particularly ugly, just extremely socially challenged....

tl;dr
Is prom really all it's worked up to be for a loser like me, /r9k/?
>>
Don't go unless you have a date.
Don't go unless you know for sure you'll be getting some PTP.

I went my senior year and it was basically the girl playing princess while you pay for everything. A group of us were in a limo and sex got brought up and the girl I went with says "I don't plan on fucking anyone tonight." That's when i knew I had fucked up. She was even bitching because we were drinking at the after party.
>>
>>27542145
you should go anon! prom will be the best night of your life :^)
>>
>>27542145
Prom won't make any difference to you an a year. If you go without a date, or even with a date that you're not crazy for, you'll regret how it went. If you don't go, you'll regret missing out. Just ignore it and do whatever you want. Also requesting pic of face
>>
>>27542145
Didn't go, don't care. I technically had "friends" I just lucked into a little bit of normie status in HS but still didn't give a shit. It's a fucking dance. HS is nothing, if you regret going/not your life is sad as fuck.
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>27542145
>people born in '98 can now post on 4chan
>>
>>27542262
I think it's pretty funny when old ass former normies talk about highschool saying it's the "best years of their lives" as if such a statement isn't an admission that they're too much of failures to enjoy their lives unless everything is handed to them, as it is in highschool. NEET life really is the bigtime, huh?
>>
>>27542145
Senior prom on April fool's?

You know what to do.
>>
>>27542325
THIS MOTHERFUCKING ANON RIGHT HERE SHARES THE EXACT SENTIMENT I DO.

Seriously listen to him op, he's right.
>>
my friends and i went to see a movie instead of going to prom.
>>
>>27542145

bottom right chick in the black dress made me laugh
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 960x960
>>27542291
I'm glasses.
>>
>>27542145
What the fuck is so much fun about awkwardly dancing in a crowded gymnasium surrounded by all of your teachers? It also costs like fucking hundreds after renting a tux and paying for a ticket. Such a waste of time.

Prom is only worth it for an afterparty or getting laid. Only go if you have a hot date or if you got invited to something fun afterwards. If not, then forget about it pham
>>
If you don't have a gf or plans of going with anyone than theres no point in going. If its not too late to ask someone out then you should grow a pair and fucking do it (yes, I know this is asking too much of an 18 year old r9k user)

I don't regret not going to prom at all. I do regret not asking more girls out in high school however, since years after I learned that a couple of my crushes would have said yes but were just as scared to make any moves as I was.

And no, not everyone gets laid at the mythical prom afterparty. Mainly just people who were already in a relationship with each other. Unless you go to a ghetto ass school most afterparties are hosted by parents.
>>
I'm the same as you OP, I ended up not going to mine and never regretted it.
>>
>>27542325
Can confirm, this is all it was. They tried to make me dance too... Why....

>>27542544
Not to shabby op, how many gains?
>>
>>27542751
>Not to shabby op, how many gains?
I used to be pretty overweight(340 as a child), but I slimmed down to just over 190, I'm 5'11"
>>
>>27542145
>skipping prom
I did that for the same reasons, also had a date and chickened out.
>inb4 u gay?
>>
>>27542544
If you're a genuine outcast social reclusive robot, don't fucking go. If you're like most people on this board who actually has a few friends and just isn't particularly popular, than sure go for it.

I was an actual friendless outcast (still am) but I let my parents talk me into it. I went with a chick I wasn't even slightly attracted to. It was awful and boring and embarrassing at times, normies are downright brutally cruel on that day because they're all obsessing with having the perfect magical prom night, and aren't going to tolerate or accept any losers.

I don't know why people assume that it's some magical event where social dynamics and rules change. If you don't fit in now, you certainly won't fit in on prom night. At best you'll just be off to the side alone all night. At worst you'll be laughed at or made fun of, or viciously ostracized.

When I sat down at a table, everyone immediately got up and moved away. This happened 4 times in a row before I gave up and just sat at a table entirely alone. I tried saying hi to a few people but my social status was so low they just outright ignored me, the girls espescially.

If you really care (I personally didn't), sure go for it. But it is extremely overrated and you likely won't enjoy it.
>>
File: 1455681734463.jpg (80 KB, 720x532) Image search: [Google]
1455681734463.jpg
80 KB, 720x532
>>27542145
Find some ecstasy, roll your balls off, and go to prom.
>feels good man
>>
Went with bros. One of them had some thing going with a grill but wasn't too bad. It was more of a dinner rather than dancing and all that.
>>
>>27542544
Alright man, it's your Senior year. That means you'll never see any of the people at your school again in another two months. You know what that means? Get to asking out.

Literally every attractive girl you know the name of who doesn't have a date, ask them to prom. If you go to a big school and ask enough girls then one of them's gonna say yes. And even if you go with them and don't get laid, who gives a fuck? Going with a cute girl will be so much better than sitting in your room alone, wondering what might've been.

I believe in you, OP. You can do this.
>>
>>27542941
Where you from m8? That sounds familiar....
>>27542832
Nice, 120 5'10" skele here
>>
>>27542960
OP ignore this guy. He's a retarded tool. It sounds all optimistic and motivational but is actually stupid and unrealistic advice.

There is nothing special about prom. It has value only because normies place extreme emphasis on it.espescially if you're a male. Asking a bunch of random girls out is not very productive.
>>
>>27542960
No no no. This will inflate their egos. You gotta pick off the single one's from the heard at the prom. They'll be super bummed and desperate because they werent asked.
>>
>>27543052
Okay, then you should just sit alone in your room masturbating, OP. Don't talk to girls, don't try to make friends, don't try to have fun. Just wallow in self-despair and end up a friendless virgin at 25. That's better advice.

I skipped my prom and I regret it to this day. I didn't see 99% of the normies I went to high school with after Senior Year, I should've just asked out some qts and went to the dance for the hell of it. Nothing to lose.
>>
>>27542980
>Where you from m8?

Aussie. The guy with the grill is now divorced, so is she but it wasn't from each other. Two others are married with kids who are going on 10yo. One other became a literal faggot.
>>
>>27542145
it's not going to matter and it's not all that it's worked up to be
>>
>>27542544
Yeah, you should definitely skip
>>
>>27542145
>>27542544

If you have no friends, it'll be excruciatingly bad for you.
Not that I know from first-hand experience though. The other social outcasts and I banded together of course and 2 of them decided to go together. Both of them said it sucked, because they knew no one else, didn't like the music, they were both male and weren't gay so they didn't dance together,, and neither of them had dates which 98% of them did.

They said that normies were everywhere taking selfies non-stop and talking to one another excessively.
>>
>>27542544
Look at this normie over here, mr Hitlers youth.

But yeah, skip it. Waste of time and 200 bucks. Went to mine and I was bored af even with my friend being there
>>
>>27543324
>They said that normies were everywhere taking selfies

Glad the phones were only for business people when I was a kid.
>>
>>27542145
What is going to prom going to give you if you don't have friends? Because everyone goes there with their friends and hangs out exclusively with their and other people's circles of friends. If you go alone, you're going to spend prom alone, and you're not going to like that. If you don't go, you're still gonna be alone, but at least you'll be doing shit you'll enjoy rather than trying to fit in for the sake of trying to fit in.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.