[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >18 yo (english) college student >kissless virgin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160331-200741.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160331-200741.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>be me
>18 yo (english) college student
>kissless virgin
>group of "friends" i associate with in college are all good friends with a chad who lives directly opposite my house
>chad was best friend all through high school
>never get invited anywhere to do anything by anyone outside of college
>always see them waiting/entering/laughing with chad everytime i look outside
>they know i live here

I know it doesnt really compare to most of the social problems people here have, but its so crushing to see all of the people i call my friends constantly alienate me everytime i look through the window.

Pic unrelated
>>
It's probably because you're an insufferable cunt
>>
>>27541650
examine yourself. Usually people that are socially awkward don't notice it. If there's one good friend you can trust with in that group, just ask why, man.

There's probably something about you they're too afraid tell you.

Happened with me. One of my good friends finally pulled me to the side after I complained about it, and he told me how much of a prick I am to people, and gave me examples. What I thought was me trying to be funny, people just didnt' appreciate, or just found embarassing. I apologized, and now watch what I say. Everything is still cool.

You're 18, man. These are things you gotta start manning up to.
>>
Don't waste your time with them. If they want nothing to do with you, then don't waste your time trying to make them want you.

That is, if they truly don't want you. Have you invited anyone to do anything? Friendship takes effort on your part, too.
>>
>>27541815
I would, but i'm almost certain i'd get declined in some kind of "oh sorry, i'm busy" way.

I wish I was being hyperbolic, but literally nothing scares me more than rejection.
>>
>>27541796
I cant though, I know them equally as much and they're all more intimate with each other than they are with me. I'd really prefer to spare myself the embaressment of "Nothing anon, you're worried about nothing haha"
And then have them discuss this between themselves on the way to a party that i'm not invited to.
>>
>>27541937
If that's the case, you gotta make the effort on your part as well, as someone already said above.

Otherwise, you gotta find new friends.
>>
>>27541856
I understand the fear of rejection. You have to realize though, that the fear of rejection alters your view of the relationship between you and others. People who might actually be a potential friend of yours might only be put off by you, simply because you don't seem to try and associate with them.
It is a bit of trap. You fool yourself into thinking that if you don't initiate contact in the first place, nobody can reject you, but you end up feeling rejected because you were so afraid of being declined and people eventually got tired of putting in all the work of maintaining contact with you.

You don't know what they will say if you asked to do something with them some time. Don't assume that they will decline. You don't know until you try. It is a worse feeling knowing that could have had a friend had you just been a bit more communicative, then to be rejected once.
It can be a hard fear to overcome, but try it this one time, and don't take a rejection too personally. You might even ask if there is a reason why they don't want to associate with you.
>>
>>27542091
Stop it. You made me cry, you fuck.
Why are people on this board actual being helpful, what the actual fuck.
Thank you. Really.
>>
>>27542228
I know that because I am there myself. I say all of that, but it is much easier said than done. Really, though, do it for yourself.
>>
>>27541650
Don't feel bad, you're a cool guy to them but a weirdo, that or they feel really bad you...honestly you're better off finding friends who actually care about you but fittin in is cool too
>>
File: Chihiro.jpg (176 KB, 993x537) Image search: [Google]
Chihiro.jpg
176 KB, 993x537
>>27541650
That was my highschool experience, I was alienated once the bell wrang. people thought I was funny, cute, ect. But I was always a little off socially, kind of awkward in a Michael Cera type of way and so for the last 3 years of high school I listened to every story about every party. I was never invited though, then someone said "Anon why don't you go be more social outside of school? once the bell rings you vaporize!"

At that point is when I gave up, I even asked a few times during summers and was cancelled on last minute after getting ready, then finding out on social media they went without me. I kept my mouth shut when school started again, and everything remained the same.

Here I am, working a job I hate, my boss is a bully, and I have no friends, I didn't even go to college because the social anxiety would have killed me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.