[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40K Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 22
We'll show those normalfags what Imperial Guard are made of.
>>
>imperial guard fag
Degenerate.
If you're not a Taubro then you will be purged for the greater good.
>>
File: Ultrafist2.png (547 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
Ultrafist2.png
547 KB, 720x439
>>27541547
>having a face vagina
>calling anyone else a degenerate
Do you sterilize refugees with that attitude?
>>
is that battlefleet armada game any good?
good 40k books
>>
>>27541952
I haven't played it. I mainly do Dawn of War.

Don't have any books because I am just getting into it. If I have the money, I might get the Guardsman's Uplifting Primer.
>>
>>27541980
Hey, dawn of war is the shit.
Do you have ultimate apocalypse? That mod makes the game probably one of the best RTSs out there. (Besides rise of Nations and AoE2 ofc)
>>
Anyone playing Eternal Crusade?
>>
>tfw a Chad you know is into 40k but you've never heard about it

He has some figurines he paints too
>>
>>27542022
I don't sadly, because I am too lazy to mod mainly.

>>27542075
What figures does he have? I am saving up to start a Death Korps of Krieg army.
>>
>>27542111
I can't remember, it's been a while. I think he was an imperial and orc guy. Or was there some super technical race that he liked... I can't remember
>>
>>27542240
>Orc
I tink ya meen da ork boyz
>>
>>27542261
Probably famalam, shame this thread has gotten no attention
>>
>>27542022
>>27541980
man im getting into DoW and its so fun
>>
>>27542331
Could be a blessing in disguise. /r9k/ is, unfortunately, far from the Golden Throne of Terra, and thus infested with heretics and eldritch abominations.
>>
File: image.jpg (346 KB, 1584x1106) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346 KB, 1584x1106
Saw this posted yesterday and it made my wee wee hard.
>>
File: Whoyougonnacall.jpg (28 KB, 458x720) Image search: [Google]
Whoyougonnacall.jpg
28 KB, 458x720
>>27542454
EXTERMINATUS THIS
>>
>>27542395
Well, here's one of them. I guess you're right
>>27542454
>>
>>27542383
It truly is.
You should really read the (non crappy) books and get into the lore of Warhammer in general. It's such an amazing, interesting, and if course epic universe.
I'm so glad my fellow robots are into Warhammer.
>>
>>27542454
Rolling for pure and non-heretical guardsman gf to take back home when the campaign is over.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>27542720
Executing the Loli and re-rolling.
>>
>>27542614
any book recs from 40k?
>>
>>27542779
Gaunt's Ghosts is great for IG, but the whole series is like 15 books so it's a haul. Ciaphas Cain is also good, but is less "serious".

The Night Lords trilogy is good if filthy heretic-ery is more your style.

Haven't read much SM, but anything by Aaron Demaky-Bowden is pretty good (hellsreach was fun)
>>
>you will never purge the Tyranid hordes
>>
>>27543184
>you will never
What kind of spirit is that, Guardsman? If you will not serve on the front line, you will serve on the firing line!
>>
>>27542454
gimmegimmegimme

and gimme
>>
>>27542454
I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY PURE GUARDSMAN WAIFU, FUCK, I JUST WANT INNOCENT IMPERIAL COURTSHIP. I MEAN, I KNOW I SHOOT MY OWN MEN FOR A LIVING, BUT FUCK.
>>
>>27543318
>rolled Daemonette
Emperor protect me...
>>
File: 1447780857366.jpg (114 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447780857366.jpg
114 KB, 800x1200
>>27542454
Sororitas pls...
>>
File: 1457585773603.jpg (73 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1457585773603.jpg
73 KB, 720x720
>>27544047
Ok, time to purge the xeno
>>
>>27541452
So what exactly is 40k?

I don't really know if it's a universe, game series, tabletop, or what.

I don't even know what games there are, and if they are good.

Enlighten me pls
>>
File: 1417037029677.jpg (29 KB, 351x271) Image search: [Google]
1417037029677.jpg
29 KB, 351x271
>>27544083
It's a sci-fi grimdark setting. It was originally for a tabletop game but now it's more of a franchise with books, games, etc.

If you are interested, Dawn of War and Space Marine are two good starting points.
>>
>>27544083
It is all of the above.

Basic rundown:

Sometime in the far future, the God Emperor of Mankind reveals himself, unites humanity after a collapse of the civilization in which we currently live. He leads humanity on a Great Crusade to claim the entire galaxy for humanity. But, his son Horus betrayed him and began worshipping the Chaos Gods of the Warp, and now the Emprah is confined to his Golden Throne as a life-support system.

Humanity is basically a galaxy-spanning theocratic militaristic dictatorship fighting a losing war on multiple fronts.
>>
>>27542454
Rolling in the name of the Emprah.
>>
>>27544083
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1huAzllftE
>>
>>27543220
>Guardsman
>not navy
Top kek, I can't think of any strategic victory being won against anyone or anything with the Guardsmen. Space is our ocean and the Navy our sword, shield and hammer.
>>
>>27544199
God. Fucking. Damn it. Re-rolling because that shit just aint' right...
>>
File: Deathkorpsgeneral.jpg (52 KB, 478x800) Image search: [Google]
Deathkorpsgeneral.jpg
52 KB, 478x800
>>27544204
>not using combined arms
Damnit, heretic, you have to send in Guardsmen to soften them up, then, and only then, do you finish the enemy off with your orbital bombardment.

Also, Vraks, IIRC?
>>
>>27544125
>>27544157
>>27544203
Sounds pretty dank. Cheers for the information anon
>>
File: 1449697385006.jpg (221 KB, 816x979) Image search: [Google]
1449697385006.jpg
221 KB, 816x979
>>27544204
+++THIS COMMENT WAS APPROVED BY THE HOLY ORDOS OF THE EMPEROR'S INQUISITION+++
>>
File: 1457028867409.jpg (7 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
1457028867409.jpg
7 KB, 246x205
>>27544271
>mfw the only thing that can stop the Tyranids from eating humanity and turning it into more Tyranids is the necrons
>mfw the only thing that can stop the necrons from extracting the souls of humanity for experimentation is the Tyranids
>>
File: 1453007270335.jpg (256 KB, 1024x1453) Image search: [Google]
1453007270335.jpg
256 KB, 1024x1453
Any Dark Eldar players here?

>tfw no sadistic vampire-elf space pirate gf
>>
>>27544266
>Damnit, heretic, you have to send in Guardsmen to soften them up, then, and only then, do you finish the enemy off with your orbital bombardment.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Using the heavy naval guns to blast opponents into submission from afar?

Step one:
Use Navy to fend off xenos and heretics from Imperial space

Step two:
Failing that, use Navy to hold xenos and heretics from making ground contact with inhabited worlds

Step three:
Failing that, bombard with the Navy to soften and beat xenos or heretic on Imperial soil into submission

Step four:
Failing that, then AND ONLY THEN, do you deploy Guardsmen to retake human clay

Even needing to use Guardsmen is in itself an epic strategic and military failure. In the Era of space colonization, any strategic battles of importance would be naval-based. Planet-based units are sitting ducks to the vessels flying far above them. These vessels are what can, and should, keep hostiles off your territory.
>>
>>27544509
>Shouldn't it be the other way around?
No. There isn't any glory unless there is a bayonet charge.
>>
>>27544334
I don't see how the Necron has an upside here. How many ships do they have? I fully recognise that they would wreak havoc on inhabited planets where they are buried, but beyond that? How would they build a fleet to challenge the might of the Imperium? No matter how many trillions of men you can put under arms, without a fleet you might as well be stationed on some isolated Pacific island. What threat would ten billion riflemen on Hawaii be in the absence of boats to transport them (and if you had boats to contain them there)?
>>
File: necrons.jpg (57 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
necrons.jpg
57 KB, 800x600
>>27544584
I don't know how the Necrons do it, but they have been destroying entire Imperial worlds without even triggering the Imperial Navy, and they even rek space marines. At this point, it may even stand to reason that the necrons just fucking teleport or some shit, with their tech being so absurdly OP.
>>
File: 1459004072346.jpg (198 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459004072346.jpg
198 KB, 1900x1200
>>27544557
Glory is in victory, not senseless massacre. There is only glory is the xenos and heretic are exterminated, not in a bayonet charge (seriously? IT IS THE YEAR 40000). Instead of expending billions of lives in meaningless Guardsmen duties, why not siphon them off to the Navy, where the real work of Victory can be done?
>>
You guys understand, that Space Marines are literally Muslims right?
>>
>>27544453
Seems like a very impractical armor she's wearing.
>>
>>27544662
And tell me, what glory did the Imperial Navy win at Cadia?
>>
>>27544707
Something something dodging and flexibility. Plus they don't really care about death since if they get blasted apart they can be regrown from a finger or whatever, and pain/the spectacle of combat is what what they need so their souls don't literally get sucked out.

edgy af and hot af
>>
>>27544710
Pray, maybe if more resources were put into fortifying Cadia from space, with bigger fleets to shoot at anything coming out of the Eye of Terror, then land-based defense would not be critical? Even so, what would you consider worst? No Navy or no Guardsmen? Without Navy, the forces of Chaos could bombard Cadia with impunity, or even choose to fly right past it (who would stop them?). Without Guardsmen, the Navy could still stop them from even approaching Cadia, rendering the Guardsmen an unnecessary expense altogether.

On another note, why are there so few Space Marines? 1000 chapters with a 1000 men each sounds like a drip in the ocean of the Imperium and the xenos and heretics it faces. Seems to me like you would need at least a billion of them to even begin to make a dent - and preferably at least ten times that.
>>
>>27542454
rolling for pure waifu
>>
>>27544832
I would rather have both. Then, not only could we prevent further incursions, we could reconquer worlds under occupation.

The Imperial Navy is the Emperor's Shield, but the Guard is His Hammer.
>>
>>27544875
Good taste senpai

xxoriginalcommentqq
>>
am i some sort of chinese cartoon loving faggot if i think tau are cool
>>
>>27544902
I don't see how the Navy would not be the hammer as well. How can you protect yourself against atmospherical bombardment? Guardsmen can finish the job, but the Navy is the one to crack skulls wide open. Even today, in our world, air supremacy is key to victory. Imagine what it would be like with SPACE supremacy, with complete freedom to come down wherever, whenever, with whatever explosives, on your opponent at will.
>>
>>27544968
>how can you protect yourself form atmospherical bombardment
I can think of lots of ways the enemies of man have done so. I mean, the Heretics have a big navy too, have warp storms, the Necrons... well, we don't know what all they have because we haven't triggered them hard enough for them to BTFO the galaxy yet. The Tyranids have Hive Fleets, etc. We can't rely on solely naval power, because no amount of power is able to provide absolute supremacy.

(plus, the Imperium doesn't have the tech to build some of its bigger ships anymore)
>>
>>27545031
>I can think of lots of ways the enemies of man have done so. I mean, the Heretics have a big navy too, have warp storms, the Necrons... well, we don't know what all they have because we haven't triggered them hard enough for them to BTFO the galaxy yet. The Tyranids have Hive Fleets, etc. We can't rely on solely naval power, because no amount of power is able to provide absolute supremacy.
>(plus, the Imperium doesn't have the tech to build some of its bigger ships anymore)

True enough. On a related note, how come the Imperium has not implemented self-destruction protocols to deal with Tyranid attacks? Say, a planet is near being overrun by Tyranid forces, why not have protocols to blow up the planet and deny the Tyranid biochemical material (and in the process lose deployed resources).
>>
>>27545135
They do, the exterminatus. It's just that sometimes they don't have the resources to implement it.

Don't think this was against Tyranids, but they do exterminatus when a world is unrecoverable:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE

(I don't know how into the Lore you are, so if this is something you've already heard, sorry)
>>
>>27544943
If you like the mechas, yeah.

If you're into some sort of Vietcong-style Fire Warriors/skimmers/Kroot, less so.
>>
There's a lot of chatter here I don't understand, is there some form of cannon here? Like from the books? But aren't some books bad so they should be disregarded? What's the lore with each race? What's with all the heretics? Does literally every faction have a space fleet? How does technology differ from each? Is there theft and reverse engineering of technology? Is there any "videogame logic"? What's the lore with all these factions? I read in this thread that the humans are losing, why? Is everyone at war with each other? Are there cool top secret superweapons and such? Teach me. It seems like a cool thing to delve into. Too bad I have no space for models tho, so I guess books and vidya will do
>>
>>27545238
I read about that order, but I thought something more automatic - like burying massive nuclear weapons as well as weapons that would set the atmosphere on fire, and then triggering them (by some planetary commander) when the cause is lost.

My lore is basically acquired by many, many hours perusal of the wiki. I've never actually played any Warhammer related games, seen any movies, read any books. It's all wiki perusal, for no obvious reason at all.
>>
File: War in Heaven.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
War in Heaven.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>27545414
I suppose it would be best to start from the beginning, but I am a little sketchy on this: the War in Heaven

Basically, the Old Ones (more or less gods) were going around creating life forms, but a species called the Necrontyr resent them, and discovered a sentient gas cloud feeding on a star, and agreed to trade their bodies and lives for immortality to them, if it meant that they would have their revenge on the Old Ones.

And so, the Necrontyr became the undying mechanical horror of the Necrons. Legions of soulless, unkillable, and incredibly advanced automatons. So, they waged the War in Heaven, against the Old Ones, feeding the Old Ones to their new star gods. The Old Ones found that, as the Necrons had traded their souls, the Necrons were entirely immune to their powers. So the Necrons slaughtered the gods en masse. The Old Ones, in a desperate bid to stave off the mechanical legions, created two living weapons, the Orks, a fungus that becomes a living race of weaponized sentient humanoids, and the extremely advanced Eldar.

But it was not enough. The Necrons destroyed the Old Ones, but, for mysterious reasons, went into hiding for 60 million years.
>>
>>27545414
Dawn of War (1) is a good introduction to all the major factions bar the Tyranids, who are similar to Starcraft's Zerg. And some of the books are okay, Eisenhorn in particular is as Odyssey-like as I've seen any modern novel be.

Essentially, you've got your historical Earth, where way back in prehistory all the shamans who used to exist commit ritual suicide and combine their souls into one dude because demons were becoming a thing because of the War in Heaven between the Eldar (spess elfs) and Orks (spess orcs) against the Necrons (spess Egyptians who are also robots). After a huge amount of millenia this magical dude unites humanity under his banner in a sort of human-worshipping atheist utopia spreading throughout the galaxy, then gets fucked over in a revolution (the Horus Heresy) by some of his butthurt children who got corrupted by Warp influence - the Warp being a parallel dimension where emotions of any conscious race take physical form as demons and gods. This guy, the Emperor, nearly gets killed and is instead placed in life support, where whatever remains of his consciousness watches the empire he built morph into a theocratic dystopia that rejects science and worships him as a god.

In the meantime Warp influence (called Chaos) continues to corrupt people, the Orks reproduce through spores and fuck everything up, the Eldar are a dying race of huge dicks who use psychic powers and would willingly trick millions of humans to their deaths to save one of their own, the Dark Eldar are near-immortal and nourish themselves through the psychic suffering of other races, the Necrons are slowly waking up after taking a nap that began in human prehistory and trying to reclaim their old domains while having been driven mad and delusional by their age, the Tau are weeaboo communists who lure everyone over to them with promises of good treatment but then castrate them just like Bernie Sanders, and the Tyranids are coming in from another galaxy for kicks.
>>
>>27545636
The Orks, without the guidance of the Old Ones, shattered into petty chiefdoms fighting over the scraps of the Galaxy. The Eldar created an empire which prospered (and whose collapse we shall go over later).

Now, we come into our own history. It should be mentioned that Warp/Chaos gods are created when enough sentient beings have subconscious thoughts about something that they coalesce and become real, powerful entities. Throughout human history up to the point that we exist in now (i.e. in 2016), there are three Chaos gods:

The oldest is the Plague Lord, Nurgle, born during the Plague of Justinian. He spreads himself out through the galaxy, spreading death and decay. Even the universe itself is testament to Nurgle's greatness, as it will one day die.

It is unclear which of these next two was born first, but there is Tzeetch, Lord of Plans. Everything which transpires was planned by him. No detail goes unnoticed. Even his own setbacks are planned by him.

And Khorne, the Blood God. His realm is close to what we envision as Hell, fire, a river of blood of those who have died in warfare, as their souls are doomed to fight forever in his realm for his amusement. Here, Khorne sits upon his Skull Throne (hence the Khornate battle cry: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS, FOR THE SKULL THRONE!), which is composed of the skulls of warriors his devotees have claimed for him.
>>
>>27545636
What's with the necron hating the old ones? Why revenge? How did they become immortal from a sentient gas cloud eating stars? How do you trade your soul to a gas cloud? Why did the old ones create the necrons and the cloud? Couldn't they foresee this? If they were immortal, why (and how) did they become mechanical? If they can create any being why make something potentially immortal? Why can't the old ones be immortal and do the same? Or make immortal orcs? Old ones really goofed up. If they can make life, then why not have an old one cloning station or something?

Do the necrons have any disadvantage? Wouldnt they just instawin 40k? are the necrons nice? Like do they have their own societies with nice helpful civilians?

Why is the game called warhammer 40k anyways?

Sorry for the questions...
>>
>>27545828
Can the warp be stopped? Can the old emperor guy fix society? Just look at all the science around them. Is humanity doomed? What is the eldar orc war? Is this after the old ones get rekt? Why are the necrons going crazy? Can they reproduce immortal young? How did the old ones deal with extensive periods of existence? How did the eldar split? Is the tau manipulation like the eldar? Why do they exist? What's the point of these weeaboos? Why trick people?
>>
>>27545879
Before I go into my next big post on lore, I will answer your question.

IIRC, it is because the Old Ones bestowed their other creations with psychic powers while the Necrontyr had nothing but their technology, so they allowed themselves to become entirely technological to get their revenge for what they saw as such an injustice.

The gas clouds were sentient and eat stars. It is weird. The Clouds were already existent. The Old Ones are more like living beings who evolved into gods, than original gods. Think something like the Old Ones from the Cthulhu mythos.

The disadvantage the Necrons have is that they have been sleeping for 60 million years and have to take a long time to wake up after realizing that the living things they left alive have just made new gods while they were gone.

So, the Necrons plan to:

1) Wake up
2) Destroy the Tyranids (space assimilation insect parasites that turn organic matter into more of themselves) invading the Galaxy on all sides
3) Destroy all sentient life in the Galaxy
4) Kill the Chaos Gods

The Necrons are, as I said, soulless. Their gods tricked them into thinking their consciousnesses would remain, but they are just soulless now, which is part of why they want to take their revenge now on all gods, because theirs tricked them into giving up their consciousness (note: their leaders still have consciousness and emotions, which is how they do this.

Because it is a spinoff of the original Warhammer franchise, but taking place in the year 41,000 AD.
>>
File: necron hue.gif (378 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
necron hue.gif
378 KB, 550x600
>>27541452
>not being part of the necron master race
>metal is life
>>
>>27545866
I guess higher powers play a big role in this game, the other guy says that humanity became atheist, why if they can sell their souls and stuff do they not believe in higher powers. Also are there more gas clouds eating stars? What happened to the necron one? Can other races sell their souls? We're the old ones fed to the clouds or something?
The lore is cool so I pick at it :3
>>
File: Slaanesh_by_genzoman-d2y8ylf.jpg (229 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
Slaanesh_by_genzoman-d2y8ylf.jpg
229 KB, 773x1000
>>27545866
So, around 20,000 AD, humanity is in space n shiiiett, just dicking around, and the Eldar Empire is in full decadence mode, inventing whole new ways of fucking each other. Unbeknownst to them, they are creating a new Chaos god/goddess, Slaanesh, the God/Goddess of sex and experience.

Some Eldar know this, and flee in terror as far from the center of their empire as possible before it happened.

Slaanesh was born, tearing a hole in space (the Eye of Terror). In an instant, trillions of Eldar died, as Slaanesh devoured their souls. She then attacked the gods of the Eldar, killing all but three (the comedian god, who GTFO of there while he could, the War god Khaine, who was claimed by Khorne, and Isha, the fertility goddess. Isha was about to basically become a oneahole for Slaanesh, but Nurgle shows up, BTFO's Slaanesh, and proceeds to steal Isha because, as a fertility and healing goddess, she is perfect for medical experimentation because she can't actually die).

This event also made it impossible for humanity to use warp travel and warp communication, causing her confederation to collapse. Earth itself became a battleground for warring technobarbarians for nearly ten thousand years.

I had to download a pic of Slaanesh as a thumbnail for this post, so you better appreciate the heresy I had to go through.
>>
>>27546034
Cool, is the lore connected to og warhammer?
So species can develop into God's eh? Can the necron do so? Or does the lack of consciousnesses prevent that? Does this make them go crazy? Are they a hive mind of sorts now or do they still have logical thinking? If no consciousnesses, then how can they form a society? Why isn't there no anarchy? I guess because they are immortal, but having a society... Can they breed tho. Why do they want to kill everything? How was the zerglike guys created?
Thanks for the answers pham btw.
>>
>>27546231
Chaos is pretty much just copy-pasted from Warhammer, and the Orkz and Eldar are just Orcs and Elves in SPACE SPACE SPACE.

The truth is, we don't know the deats on that. The Necrons BTFO'd the Old Ones so badly that they are mostly just Eldar legend now.

The Necrons would probably know, but they would either kill you or not even recognize you as an intelligent being.
>>
>>27546231
Should have included this in the other post>>27546280, but I didn't read all at once:

1) Necron rulers still have consciousness, everyone else is their slaves.
2) They are entirely mechanical now, no sex, and no desire for sex.
3) Because the only way to kill the new gods that exist is to kill the source of their power (i.e. the subconscious thoughts of all sentient beings).
4) Know nothing about the Tyranids. They eat galaxies, and we are just the most recent galaxy they have found and decided to munch on.
>>
>>27546209
Warp gods mang why are they allowed to exist? Also can't the other gods just smash their warp faces in? Or because they are born from conscious emotions, they will live until said emotions don't exist no more. How are these non warp gods created? Can anyone become a god if they try hard enough? I don't think you explained the warp gods and their special powers/what they are based off of, I'll reread what you posted though. Can there be more of one kind of God? Like the fertility God? Why can't the other gods fight back? Will heresy warp lady stick everything into her roast? Why can't the other goddess do that? Sucks that she's a slave now, why does the other warp God need her for medic science? They're gods, why experiment? To give gifts to their worshipers? Why was there a space hole when roastie showed up? Why does this prevent warp travel for the human? What was this techno war for? Did they think someone was hiding the warp tech? I feel sad for fertility goddess
>>
File: EMPRAH.jpg (393 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
EMPRAH.jpg
393 KB, 1024x1024
>>27546209
So, around 30,000 AD, the GOD EMPRAH OF MANKIND reveals himself to humanity, he unites humanity under his banner with genetically modified super soldiers (who become the Space Marines). He then goes out, finds all the old scattered human colonies, and brings them under his banner, founding the Imperium of Man, on the basis of humanity being able to become perfect upon its own merits.

His son starts worshipping Chaos, starts a civil war, dies, but not before mortally wounding Empy, who now has to go onto the Golden Throne (life support system).

In his stead, the government declares him to be a God, creating an inquisition, and a massive bureaucratic totalitarian state which wages war all the time to claim humanity's rightful place in the cosmos.

However, without the Emprah (who was a big-time science junkie), there is no scientific advancement, more or less, unless you count the Adeptus Mechanicus, I suppose.
>>
>>27546337
How about artificial reproduction? Cloning? Anything? They are immortal but maybe a new generation wouldnt be crazy old coots. How mad are they btw? What does 60mil of sleep do? Why does this vendetta extend to all gods? Shouldn't they kill all space clouds? What happened to them anyways? How advanced are them vs the other species? Will they ever not hate everything? Are humans psychic? Or only the old species. Just kill off all of the psychic species or something. Are there no more space clouds for the eldar to sell their souls to, or does no one want Nona dat
>>
>>27546436
All the remaining gods are warp gods, so the Chaos gods, which are evil warp gods, are just more powerful (that is to say, worship of the Eldar gods had fallen and hedonism had grown so much that Slaanesh was more than powerful enough to devour them).

Also, as a consequence of this I forgot to mention, whenever an Eldar dies, they basically become eternal sex toys for Slaanesh to drink the souls of for eternity of suffering.

Also, Nurgle and Khorne hate Slaanesh, and Tzeentch probably caused this hatred.
>>
>>27546474
So humanity goes super religion mode and is now on a crusade of sorts? Why government? Why you do this? Can he object somehow? Or is he too wounded? Are there any faction alliances in this universe? I expect the humans are gonna get ultra rekt eventually. Also why do they only have one God vs the eldars?
>>
>>27546576
They are no longer biological. At all. There is nothing to clone or artificially reproduce. The good news is that, even if they are destroyed, they can just rebuild themselves good as new.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTESLdiHfHQ
This gives a good run-down on their attitude towards other being in-general.

As for how advanced they are? We have no idea, other than that they are advanced enough to make the next most advanced species (the Eldar) look like cavemen in comparison. They are able to overrun entire planets, kidnap the entire population, and experiment on them before destroying them, and leave, all before the Imperial Navy even knows there was an attack, which has led some to speculate that time has no meaning to them.

Their military response is based on an algorithm of force (i.e. the more powerful the enemy, the more powerfully they respond). Imperium Military planners are now fearing that, perhaps, they are so little of a threat to the Necrons that the Necrons are more or less just putting in the bear minimum of effort required to rebuff them (which is bad for the Imperium, because we are talking military campaigns with hundreds of billions of soldiers and the most advanced weaponry the Imperium can field not even being considered a threat).

No one wants any of that.

Some humans are psychic, but most of these are sacrificed to keep the God Emperor alive.
>>
>>27546578
Ah, so all gods are warp gods? Or are the good warp gods dead and the other gods "consciousnesses gods" what happened to the good warp gods? Why are they called WARP gods? I thought the sex would be pleasurable, but I guess chaos gods suck. Does fighting break out between the chaos gods? Can one kill the other? Why do they hate each other?
>>
>>27546740
All the remaining gods are warp gods.

Some still exist, but they mostly have to keep a presence in the physical world now to avoid being destroyed by the Chaos gods (e.g. Khaela Mensha Khaine is in three shards, and the God Emperor sits upon the Golden Throne of Terra, deep beneath Mt. Everest).

Fighting breaks out all the time, largely because Tzeentch loves fucking with the other gods. They usually don't kill each other for some reason.

What is really scary is when the four come together for a single purpose: Chaos Undivided. The last time it happened (the 13th Black Crusade), they overwhelmed the most fortified world in the Imperium (Cadia) with demons, zombie plagues, and insanity. 130 billion lives were lost on the Imperial side.

Because they are in the Warp.

Try enjoying sex as you are having your soul drank by a literal embodiment of suffering.
>>
>>27546723
Does rebuilding themselves remove the old age craziness? How does this affect them? Too bad they can't steal psychic powers. Koronis is a tomb world? What for? The old ones? Whos their new God now, since the guy refereed to someone as "my lord" and how their plans are to give everyone the tranquility of death. I guess being alive for so long causes them to hate their current state. What put the necrons to sleep? What woke them up? If you dismantle all necrons, can they put themselves back together again? Can they build more of themselves or nah?

>>27546878
Why aren't there more gods from the warp, or are all warp gods manifested from bad things now, and you can't "resurrect" the other ones without matching the amount of that characteristic (ex have a new God of war if another species has a bigger civil war)? Is there no way to stop them without killing all the life in the universe? Do the chaos gods have a major follower species? Is there any warp travel nowadays since what's her face made a space tear that sucks things in. What happens if humans die? Or if they fall into the space hole?
>>
To cut a long story short, humanity is fighting a losing war for its very survival now against Chaos and the Tyranids, and now the Necrons have begun to wake up. It is looking grim for humanity, and, worse, the life support systems of the Golden Throne of Terra are failing. Should the Emperor die, He would be unable to ensure safe passage of Imperial fleets and troops. The Imperium would be completely at the mercy of its attackers.

The hope is that the Emperor will wake up from His 10,000 year coma before that happens, and somehow save humanity from being BTFO'd by the xenos.

Any other hope is basically just that the Necrons won't wake up fast enough and be defeated by the Tyranids, but the Tyranids would be too depleted to fight. That is a long-shot though, because the Necrons are waking up faster now.
>>
>>27547015
No, it just rebuilds their physical body. They don't need psychic powers, their tech is so advanced that psychic powers pale in comparison. The Tomb Worlds are where the Necrons sleep. In that campaign in DoW, a huge war on the planets surface wakes them up, and they are basically being cranky about it.

He was just referring to the ruler of the Tomb World. What were their gods are actually enslaved by them now in revenge. AFAIK, they went to sleep just because there wasn't much reason to be awake. As for what woke them up, we did. The constant war in the galaxy has finally roused them from their slumber.

Even if you blasted a Necron apart with a direct blast from an atom bomb, it would put itself back together again. They are unkillable. No need to build more. There are billions of them, and when they go on the warpath together, they are invincible (in their formation, they can rebuild each other as well, to the point that when one is completely destroyed, it can be rebuilt before its even finished being destroyed; if that is confusing, remember they can manipulate time itself).

Every thought that has ever been thought exists as a real being in the warp. Even our Waifus would exist in the warp. The Chaos Gods though, are something more powerful, they are collective feelings of every thinking being. Everyone who has ever been angry, spiteful, etc. contributed to Khorne's power. Everyone who has ever made a plan contributes to Tzeentch's power. Anyone who has ever feared sickness or death, Nurgle. Anyone who has ever been happy, Slaanesh. They have simply eclipsed all others to the point that calling the others "gods" in comparison to them would just be funny.

They mainly get humans to follow them, since humans are the dominant species in the Galaxy.

Yeah, things have settled down since then, but you still need the Emprah or another God to ensure your safe travel through the warp, otherwise your ship would be attacked by Daemons.
>>
>>27547222
Are daemons other creatures of the warp? I guess they don't like trespassing. Can a species kill a warp God? Or nah since their thoughts created them. Can't they just "think" hard enough to create more gods? Why would the necrons enslave their own gods? I thought they could help them, they did nothing (unless they stole their souls). What are these gods doing? Can they enslave other gods and use them for their grumpquest? I assume that other species can't sell their souls and stalemate the necrons. If the necrons can't die, then how are the Tyranids supposed to kill them >>27547038 ? Is there a "sleep switch" for the necrons on the tomb world? Or will they not sleep until all life is dead, thus all gods are dead?

Thanks for the answers guys, I might read into this later
>>
>>27544783
This. Also Dark Eldar are slutty hedonists who prefer fighting in spiky metal underwear anyway.
>>
>>27547514
Well, not kill the necrons, but just keep routinely disassembling them so that the Necrons can't really fight them, or even just burying them beneath the sands.

You can create new gods! In-fact, the entirety of Imperial religious policy is just trying to get people to _believe_ the Emprah is a god, because if enough people believe it, it may as well be true.

Can't kill them by themselves, anyway.

Revenge was the reason for the enslavement. Necrons were pissed when they found out most of them had no consciousness at all, because that wasn't part of the deal.

No problem, loyal servant of the Emperor.
>>
>>27547753
Is it possible for the humans to create a new God plus making emprah more powerful? Also what's up with the dark eldar? Are they more ...promiscuous than the reg eldars? How did they come into fruition?
>>
>>27547804
I don't know.

Dark Eldar are trying to avoid Slaanesh by stealing the souls of other sentient beings through torture.
>>
File: vehk.png (820 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
vehk.png
820 KB, 600x1000
>Warhammer 40k for the Grimdark, Fuckhueg battles, badass crazy shit
>Elder scrolls lore for Metaphysical nonsense, Sleeping godheads, super fighting reality warping robots

Who /lorepatrician/?
>>
>>27548040
The tribunal is a lie, and you should be ashamed of posting this liar.
>>
>>27548092

Butthurt Azura Worshiper detected
>>
File: 1451374490705.png (24 KB, 1177x200) Image search: [Google]
1451374490705.png
24 KB, 1177x200
>>27547804
>>27547952
Essentially, when Slaanesh was born, most Eldar were killed instantly. The Dark Eldar were those who lived in the port city of Commorragh, located in the Webway (an artificial dimension the Eldar created between realspace and the Warp). Some Eldar decided that their behavior wasn't sustainable, and tried prevent their emotions from running wild any longer. They became the Craftworld (regular) Eldar, who live fairly ascetically and use gems called soulstones which trap their souls on death, preventing them from being sucked into the Warp and into Slaanesh's hands on death. Other factions tend to think smashing soulstones to get back at the Eldar is hilarious.

The Dark Eldar, conversely, largely kept going as before, not letting tragedy and space demons get in the way of their lifestyles. Their souls are constantly being drained by Slaanesh, but by psychically feeding on the strongest emotions of others (most commonly pain, but not necessarily), they're able to regenerate their souls and keep going. They're largely immortal and have the technology to regenerate themselves on death, and always use quick piratical attacks because if one of their own is dead for longer than an hour or so, their soul is forever lost to Slaanesh.

Other Eldar factions include the Exodites (who were settlers on frontier worlds before the Fall of the Eldar who were largely unaffected and live as hippie farmers riding space dinosaurs), who keep their souls intact by tying them to the world they live on like some Avatar world tree shit.

There are also Eldar Corsairs, pirates and mercenaries made up of individuals from all three other Eldar factions as well as those "wild" Eldar who aren't born to any other faction.

t. Dark Eldar / Corsair player
>>
File: 1449039802131.png (796 KB, 1248x702) Image search: [Google]
1449039802131.png
796 KB, 1248x702
>>27548181
Oh, and: hilariously, most humans can't tell the difference between different kinds of Eldar, which fucks over the Craftworlders when they actually want to fight alongside humanity against a common threat and get shot on sight because Dark Eldar raped everyone's babies the previous week.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.