[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Things you've posted online will never go away >There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1455231357791.jpg (46 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
1455231357791.jpg
46 KB, 625x625
>Things you've posted online will never go away
>There's literally nothing you can do about it

This is a terrible feel. There's nothing worse than knowing posts I've made on forums and websites I still visit (anonymously/under a new identity) still exist. Even worse is that shock when you see them. I can't remember my old passwords to go through them all and delete them. I'd never willingly look at them and will forever pretend they were made by strangers but they're there and sometimes I'll find them by accident, and it hurts.

I was on a forum the other day looking for threads relating to an issue I'm having with my PC (/r/linux) and I came across one of my own posts from a few years ago. I hate the fact that I've accessed that thread from a new account. It's like the two identities I desperately want to be disconnected from one another have crossed and now my new identity and account are tainted. I want to start from scratch again but there's always the chance this will just happen once more.

I hate the fact that I can come across old posts I've made. There's nothing to make users know that I'm the one who made them. We're two totally separate people from their perspective, but I know. I could start using different websites and forums, but there's no decent alternatives for other specific things I like. Worst part is that if you Google a common error message my thread pops up on the first page. Accidentally clicked it and realised I was reading my own thread from another random username I made a few years ago and panicked and made this thread.

Yes, fucking Reddit. Reddit's really useful for Linux stuff. A lot more so than /g/.
>>
File: 1459389255678.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459389255678.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>tfw I was always asocial as fuck even online so I have zero garbage from when I was a kid
Feels great, the worst I got is some old accounts from old MMOs I used to play where I would troll the fuck out of people but those will be gone eventually.
>>
>Yes, fucking Reddit. Reddit's really useful for Linux stuff.

Off topic, but it irks me when people take the piss out of reddit (often rightly) but forget that the kinds of subreddits they're taking the piss out of are >1% of it as a whole. It's like people saying 4chan is just a hub for lonely neckbear autists to talk about how much they hate women whilst forgetting that every board other than /b/ exists.
>>
>>27541202
That's good and everything, but it's not like you still use those old MMOs and risk coming across your own posts. I still use a lot of these sites and I've probably had six billion Plebbit accounts over the years and sometimes come across my old posts and I hate it.

Also, everything I've ever posted seems really cringeworthy. I can't escape the cringe. Worst stuff is from 2012 or so when I was the most depressed, or gaming forum posts I made as a kid.
>>
>tfw googling all of your old handles
>>
I know what you mean. I feel bad for kids with Facebook accounts. They say stupid shit tied to their real identity.
>>
>mfw I never had old embarrassing posts because I've only ever gone to 4chan for the last 10 years
Ya'll are normies.
>>
>>27541146
>Reddit's really useful for Linux stuff
You know whats even more useful than Reddit? The actual documentation and official forums for Linux distros you reddit faggot.
>>
>>27541301
I've only been going on 4chan for the past decade or so and i have tons.
>>
File: 1454533363160.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1454533363160.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>>27541146
>>27541245
I guess part of it is my burning desire to start life from scratch. I can pretend I'm somebody new but I'll still come across things from my past and I struggle to handle it.

I just wish all of these old accounts and forum posts would disappear forever, or at the very least I could somehow avoid ever seeing any of that shit again. But I do. Often. And when I do I feel awful staring at an old username knowing that my new PC and my new account and my new everything has accessed something I made in the past and it drives me nuts. It's like it's tainted. People who view my account/post history/viewing history would have no idea that I'm the OP/poster in that thread and that the account who made these posts once belonged to me but the fact that I know is what's worst. I wish I could forget.

Please help me forget, Jesus. ;_;

>>27541301
It's not so much that the posts are embarrassing/cringeworthy, just that I've come across them while trying to assume a new identity.

>>27541321
Sometimes I'm looking for a quick response and don't want to register for yet another forum.
>>
>>27541146
>I posted everything under the same username
FUCK
I just pray that there's nothing to connect that handle my irl name.
>>
>>27541327
>I've only been going on 4chan for the past decade or so and i have tons.
That means you haven't been only going there.
>>
>>27541146
Your potential employers will be able to see it anon
You will never have a job because of all that fucking anime shit you posted in High School.
>>
>>27541364
I guess that's not as bad as me having a million usernames, though it sucks that I can't remember 99% of them which makes it more likely I'll come across them.

Once again for me it's fear that they're connected to my new online identities I make every few months (new Steam etc.) than my real one.

Which reminds me that I typed my IRL name into Steam and about 30 old accounts came up all with various identities I assumed over the years back when I was stupid enough to put my real name on my profile. ~2500 days offline on all of them but still Jesus fucking Christ I've had so many over the years.

I must have purchased CS 1.6 at least 50 times in my life.
>>
>>27541411
Why did you spend so much money on CS 1.6?
>>
I used the same online handle for everything. I'm an idiot and used that same handle to post a comment on a loli rape manga on exhentai. Now every time I google my handle the first thing to come up is said comment. There are people that know me in real life by said handle and if they ever get bored and Google it I would be so embarrassed.
>>
File: 1454540483475.png (297 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1454540483475.png
297 KB, 900x900
>>27541432
It's bad that it comes up when you Google your handle but I'm more worried about the fact that I've accessed that content from my new OS installation and new accounts and stuff. Like it's tainted. I'd be okay if I had to go out of my way to find this shit but I find it by accident all the time.

I have actual OCD and this is a symptom. CBT/medication doesn't help. I want to die.

Bedtime, enjoy my terrible thread, robots.
>>
>>27541432
Do you still have that exhentai account?
Can't you just delete that comment?
Seriously, your future employer will fucking google your handle and they'll find it. They'll fucking know man.
>>
You would be surprised what shit would come up too. I remember googling ways to anally masturbate and was lead to a forum for young teens where they were discussing puberty and beating off. My curiosity got the best of me and I clicked the link. By some fucking miracle of god I was scrolling through this fucking forum I see my best friend posting with the same picture he had on Facebook, with his first name + date of birth as his handle, writing about how he's tried anally masturbating and how much he enjoys it. I click his profile and he's written in his 'about me' section that he was bi-curious and looking to chat with other guys online. Seriously one of the most bizarre moments of my life, considering this kid was literally my best friend growing up. I never told anyone or brought it up to him but it was definitely weird looking at him the next day at school. I guess its cool that we share a mutual love for shoving our fingers up our asses when be jack off though.
>>
protip: don't use the same handle for everything

and of course don't say things you'll regret.
>>
>tfw seeing Twitter pages cap or quote posts I've made on here for all of their normalfag followers to laugh at forever
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.