[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come when people shoot themselves in the head, they put the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1457822231521.png (335 KB, 456x522) Image search: [Google]
1457822231521.png
335 KB, 456x522
How come when people shoot themselves in the head, they put the gun in their mouth and shoot upward?
Wouldnt it be alot easier to just shoot the brain from the side of the head?
>>
Or the forehead?
>>
File: brain-diagram.png (50 KB, 491x336) Image search: [Google]
brain-diagram.png
50 KB, 491x336
>>27541110
Nah you have to hit the brain stem, basically instant fast death.
Shooting sideways will just make you have the same thing as having a stroke which is not a nice way to die.
>>
>>27541145
This. Gun in the mouth is also more likely to kill.
>>
>>27541110
you can survive if you only pierce your cerebrum
>>
>>27541145
Well shit thats good to know
>>
>>27541145
Yep this. If you place the gun like OPs pic, you have a chance of severing your optic nerves and causing yourself severe cognitive deficits.

My advice?

>feel how the spine of your neck connects to the back of your head
>place the gun at an upward angle right beneath the curve of your cranium
>>
>>27541309
Go out like Lennie in Of Mice and Men

Yeah when you damage your brain stem you can't do anything. If I remember right, you can't breathe and your heart can't pump without it, as well as many other things
>>
File: skull-with-cap-cut-off.jpg (48 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
skull-with-cap-cut-off.jpg
48 KB, 600x423
The cranium is armored, the upper mouth is not.
>>
Partly because the thinnest bone protecting your brain is the one above the palate, and also because the only part of your brain that's destruction will guarantee instant painless death is the brain stem, which will immediately sever all of your nervous system and kill you, whereas shooting from the side (a la the OP pic) is very likely to just destroy a lot of the higher functioning of your brain whilst not actually killing you, making you a pants-shitting-vegetable for the rest of your miserable life.
>>
>>27541410
>very likely

maybe slightly more likely, but I'm pretty sure if you shoot yourself in the head with a proper gun at point blank range, you are more likely than not going to die.
>>
>>27541410
This, and if you're serious about sudoku, you'll be using a bigger gun like a shotgun. Hard to control that pointing at your temple.

>>27541126
No, aiming that high is a terrible mistake. Humans can survive with losing most of the upper brain, and it's not an optimal way to bleed to death.
>>
>>27541457
Unless it's a shotgun you'll have to be pretty damn accurate to ensure instant death, when aiming from the side being even a few degrees off center could massively prolong your suffering.

If you're using a handgun, then while the exit wound can be massive, the actual path the bullet takes is pretty small and linear, so being able to line it up dead center in front of your face will make it a hell of a lot easier to hit that sweet spot.

>you are more likely than not going to die.

Fair enough, but it;s the difference between instant lights out and bleeding out twitching on the floor for 10 minutes.
>>
>>27541110
If you've ever held a gun before, you'd know that any gun that kills with a headshot is too heavy to shoot straight like pic. You'd end up missing point blank
>>
>>27541531
>it;s the difference between instant lights out and bleeding out twitching on the floor for 10 minutes.

Basically this

If you're going to kill yourself, you want it to be as fast and as irreversible as possible.

I remember reading somewhere that something like 80 odd percent of suicide jumpers who survived the fall said that they regretted jumping when half way down. I for one wouldn't much like to have regret being the last emotion my liquefied brain tries to comprehend whilst i'm convulsing on the ground.
>>
>>27541602
>I remember reading somewhere that something like 80 odd percent of suicide jumpers who survived the fall said that they regretted jumping when half way down
Maybe they regretted it because they knew they'd survive.
>>
>not just using a shotgun
Go all out. You're going to be dead anyways. If you survive from taking a shotgun round to your brain anywhere you're really un fuckin lucky
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.