[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last night I had a dream where I lost teeth. What does this mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Una-notte-da-testo.jpg (60 KB, 1224x889) Image search: [Google]
Una-notte-da-testo.jpg
60 KB, 1224x889
Last night I had a dream where I lost teeth. What does this mean? It really freaked me out last night.

Also, general Dream/Nightmare thread I guess
>>
They say it means you're gonna lose someone dear to you, if it's a front tooth its a family member.

But thats just what my grandma kept saying, dreams are dreams it means literally nothing.
>>
I have that same dream somtimes op I also have a reoccurring dream where there are big holes in my body. They don't bleed or hurt just like someone took a huge hole punch to me.
>>
Those are the worse, my most recurring nightmare. Usually happens when I sleep without brushing thinking "i'll do it tomorrow", then wake up fucking scared but relieved of it being just a dream. Also read somewhere it means that you are not happy or insecure about your appearance which also applies to me
>>
>>27540600
>>27540702

Have these too.

From what I've read, tooth loss in dreams is supposed to represent a loss of power or control in life.

But that's some Freudian bullshit, so it's essentially mysticism with an air of sophistication.

I have dreams where my dick falls off a few times, but that's not the worst part-usually, some weird pseudodick grows in place. One time, I had a bunch of dicks growing out of each other where my regular penis used to be, like a series of mushrooms growing out of each other. It was terrifying.
>>
It means you are nervous about a big change coming up in your life. I had these dreams a lot before I moved out on my own.
>>
>>27540600
That's actually a common stress dream. Ricky Gervais talks about it on his radio show. Even knowing that, the first time I had a dream with my teeth falling out was unnerving.
I usually have dreams in which people talk to me, but I cant speak. I make words with my mouth but I can't force air from my lungs
>>
>>27540892
Your dick dream reminds me of dreams I have where I'm aggressively drugged and raped. Sometimes I'm a girl in the dream too. I'm a man irl. It is extremely awful.
>>
It's usually because your teeth are crooked
>>
File: 1456826324919.png (398 KB, 624x466) Image search: [Google]
1456826324919.png
398 KB, 624x466
>be me
>last year
>dream of fucking my oneitis and then being rejected and consoled by a friend
>wake up, understand that it wasn't real
>cry because it was still way better than my real life

>a few days ago
>dream of receiving a blowjob from my oneitis' best friend
>wake up and realize that it wasn't real neither
>mfw

Btw I started to take not of my dreams because otherwise I forget them. I realized that my subconscious is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>27540600
They're usually stress related dreams
It's not a future prediction, but if you want to stick to psychoanalytical theory
Write down what you associate with the loss of teeth
Take it as seperate pieces of content to understand the symbolism
E.g- the tooth, the area you were in, the concept of the tooth loss itself
And write out past experiences that have occurred to do with teeth or tooth loss in someway.
This will tell you what feelings you're going through and if you associate an experience then it's also something you've thought about or a memory that is especially present in the unconscious mind.
That's just a rough mind but realistically don't listen to people who say there are always the same meanings behind the same symbols.
Take it from someone studying psychoanalysis.
>>
Losing teeth means that you feel weak.
Teeth are a defense tactic (like animals showing them) so you probably feel impotent against someone/something.
>>
>>27541355
Yeah I agree with your conclusion, but I don't think we should be supporting psychoanalysis. It has zero efficacy in terms of positive behavioral outcomes. It's literally pseudoscience. Almost every single person I've talked to, from all walks of life, have had a stress dream in which their teeth fell out. Judging by evidence, we can say that this dream is a manifestation of stress. But I don't think using pseudoscientific bullshit to analyze a dream is necessary
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.