[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please convince me that life is worth living.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 543543.jpg (60 KB, 533x397) Image search: [Google]
543543.jpg
60 KB, 533x397
Please convince me that life is worth living.
>>
>>27540571
It isn't. At the end of the day, it's meaningless. Buy into the tripe of making your own meaning, don't, it's all the same. Wether you're here or not, the Sun will still rise every morning.
>>
>>27540571

Just think it

What proof do you have that it objectively isn't?
>>
>>27540646
Because I'm sad or apathetic all the time.
Seems like misery is everywhere but all the people are just kidding themselves.
>>
>>27540661

It seems or it is?

Can't be trusting hunches if you plan on deciding whether you should end yourself or not
>>
Friendly reminder that we're all fragments of God as a very purposeful creation, yet cut off from his true form. For reason, though. Life is a series of challeges/tests that are to be overcome, along with learning specific lessons.

Everyone's learning, and eventually everyone will learn the lessons we're supposed to, given time. Even failing is learning. Robots slow down this learning process though by believing things like (>>27540595):
>At the end of the day, it's meaningless

I kept asking myself why life can be such bullshit when there's obviously divine intelligence behind it all and we could all be living in eternal bliss. Then I realised that lessons don't come without hardships, and that they are necessary for us to appreciate love, happiness etc. This is all obviously more meaningful than just instant infinite eternal bliss, and as such, better. We have to work ourselves up to it.

No one person can help you but yourself. People can guide you, but ultimately it's all down to you.
>>
I can't, there aren't any magic words. I can promise that things will change whether it be for better or for worse. All you can do is hold on.

Don't do it, please. There are people out there that love you and need you.
>>
>>27540661
Harness the power of your mind. Nearly all suffering comes from your thoughts
>>
>>27540646
Not how it works normie. You have to prove that it IS.
>>
>>27540571
Life has some alright moments sometimes. You just gotta swim through rivers of shit to find them sometimes

It's worth it. You're already here so fuck it
>>
>>27540704
Forgot to mention you can also delude yourself by taking leaps of unwarranted faith, but hey, they're pretty good at giving you a "purpose", I suppose.
>>
>>27540571

I just worked really hard on an essay and it got knocked down to a C3. No, it's not.
>>
>>27540790
>you have to prove the things I say you have to prove
>>
>>27540704
/thread

Vedfreddedheadkeds
>>
>>27540714
>There are people out there that love you and need you.

What if there aren't?
>>
File: reee.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>27540571
>not asking them to convince you to kill yourself

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: aynrand.png (31 KB, 298x391) Image search: [Google]
aynrand.png
31 KB, 298x391
>>27540571
there is another way

do it for her
>>
>>27540790

>burden of proof
>a mandatory convention
>not purely axiomatic

*tip*
>>
>>27540790
Only you don't. It doesn't matter how ridiculous your beliefs are, they're your beliefs. It's like when people tell me that I'm a demon and I don't even believe in god, from where I'm standing it's ridiculous. They believe with fucking conviction, no proofs required.

It takes a hell of a lot longer to prove something than it does to assert it.. I guess without proof you can never know anything to be 100% truth. But that doesn't mean you can't believe.

I'm full of drivel but it is the way it is, this is the only way I'm capable of seeing
>>
One day maybe you'll have a near death experience or see someone die and you won't care about the meaning or reason to life, you'll be more interested in enjoying life than analyzing it.
>>
>>27540571
I wish I could, but I can't. See I don't know your life so I can say it's worth living. Most lives aren't worth living and are more like time sinks. You've already invested time, might as well stick around for the whole shebang.
>>
>>27540571
>Implying that it is.
Life is a series of random events and even our perception of them in sequence is pretense.
>>
>>27540704
How do you convince yourself to beleive ib something like this.
I've tried to just focus my mind and trick myself into thinking there is meaning but in the end i'm always aware that i'm just lying to myself.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.