[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so difficult to get a job if you have no job experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1395432128097.png (275 KB, 635x471) Image search: [Google]
1395432128097.png
275 KB, 635x471
Why is it so difficult to get a job if you have no job experience and no connections?
>>
>>27540219
>Get shitty job no one wants to work because they're desperate for man power
>Work hard there for a year or 2.
>Now you have references for better jobs
>Suddenly you have experience and a shining reccomendation.
I've been working a shitty job as hard as I could for 3 years buddy, shit pays off if you aren't a lazy troglodyte.
>>
Because a great deal of the professional world operates on nepotism and not credentials or merit.
>>
Because the vast majority of people in the work force will have been gathering connections through friends/family from a young age and will have done things such as work experience, volunteering and holding summer jobs throughout school to then go straight into work or further education after primary schooling, getting them even more connections.

It's kind of like how it's almost impossible to make friends as an adult without a preexisting friend group. Being social/successful is a gradual thing that starts when you're a child, and if you fuck it up then it's almost impossible now.
>>
there's always the retail hell wageslave jobs. you can get one of those. it's what i'm doing right now. i think about suicide every day.

>>27540250
what kinda job? most "shitty jobs" are dead end
>>
>>27540219
Gas stations and factorys require pretty much nothing
I'm am certain that most robots refuse this fact because it's "below " them why they seem to be so Low on self esteem but they won't work a shit shift for a few months to move up.
>>
why would you want someone with no experience and social retardation?
>>
>>27540386
>what kinda job? most "shitty jobs" are dead end
Golf course work.
Of course shit like retail isn't going to get you anywhere with work alone.
I'm talking actual hard work.
This works opens the way to construction work and shit like that, and if you land a government job your life is set.
>>
>>27540219
Because companies don't want shit workers who have no idea what they're doing. It's not complex.

If you were running a business, would you want to employ someone with zero experience and zero provable skills or someone with provable skills who comes recommended?

Sure, its hard for neets with no experience, but you need to stop wallowing in "poor me" self pity and show some fucking initiative.

>TL:DR: If you have poor education, no experience and no provable skills of course you're not as valuable to this world, so you have to fucking get of your arsenal and do something about it.
>>
File: 1459392133198.jpg (34 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1459392133198.jpg
34 KB, 960x540
>turned down by Target after two interviews
>mfw the position I was applying for was as a minimum wage cart pusher

I hope I die in my sleep
>>
>>27540219
Because of competition. The people you're competing against have those things or at least effectively lied about them.
>>
>>27540219
>Work a decent job
>Whenever we hire on an 18-20 year old they're lazy faggots
>One 19 year old even CALLED HIS FUCKING MOM FOR PERMISSION TO QUIT, LITERALLY SAID "They're picking on me blahblahblah"
Nah, prove yourself buddy.
>>
>>27540804

whattya do
>>
I'm looking for an entry-level part-time job during the day-afternoon. Is it even worth filling out online applications or should I just go apply in person somewhere?
>>
Well my friend, unfortunately in this society you must have job experience in order to get a job, but in order to get job experience you need a job. Good luck, pal
>>
Because they have no way of knowing evidence wise that you will do the job well and not shit up the work environment.

From their view it is better to take less of a risk on someone you have some info on (even if that info is bullshit) then to gamble on a unknown.

I am in the situation of having know exp (that I can put on a resume) and no contacts. It sucks but I do understand why I am not getting anywhere with "legit" work.
At least there is still under the table work. May be shit but at least it is money.
>>
>>27540804
>be 18
>be best dishwasher in the whole damn resteraunt
>boss wants me to work more shifts cuz im that good but say no cuz school

the lazy cunts are all the drug users in their twenties that cook, all the young people they hire work pretty hard
>>
File: 1456598863722.jpg (397 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456598863722.jpg
397 KB, 1920x1080
>>27540219
>>27540219
>>27540219
>>27540219

Lie on your resume dumbass.

It will get you tons of jobs, just use common sense.

Put keywords from the job listing you apply to onto your resume. Literally every job you apply to should have a different resume. Shit ton of job offers, and got a job using this method.

If you can't find explanations on Google and videos on YouTube that would help you fake the keywords don't put it though. Just fake your way in dude, and you will earn a significant starting salary.
>>
>>27541976
That is unethical

I rather keep doing random under the table shit then lie to get a job I would other wise not get.
>>
>>27540219
Minimum wage hikes.
>>
>>27542035
>he still believes in ethics
Enjoy your awful life
>>
File: lk.jpg (21 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
lk.jpg
21 KB, 360x240
>>27542416
>Being a sub-human.

Fuck off. Some people aren't pure garbage.
>>
>>27540529
Wait till about Halloween, apply to stock shelves. They take anybody.
>>
>>27540219
Jobs are kind of like gangs. You have to "trust" the person you're hiring and that's generally due to having some personal connection to them. Just like street gangs don't accept just anybody who wants to join(need to be similar race, grow up in the neighborhood, etc) you need to be familiar to the people hiring you
>>
Apply to work as an executioner. I am applying for it.
>>
>>27540219
Volunteer or help people around town you fucking it's not even worth insulting you at this point...fuck lie!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.