[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you people consider it "edgy" and fake to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: host.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
host.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Why do you people consider it "edgy" and fake to make depression part of your personality?
>>
shut up faggot

>original comment
>>
Nobody thinks that you stupid faker
>>
because most people who claim to be "depressed" are actually tumblrtards who re a little sad about getting dumped or something and then act depressed for attention.
>>
>>27539963
Remember emos and goths? Everybody thinks that.
>>
>>27539937
Because it's expected of you to mask your negative emotions so you don't bring everyone else around you doesn't feel the same way. No one wants to help so they make it your responsibility to hide it from them .
>>
because it is

But seriously, if you're genuinely depressed and that effects your personality then fine, but whether you're depressed or not if you "make" it part of your personality, and internalize it to the point that it's one of your main points of self identification, then you're an edgy faggot.

It's like the difference between people who are gay, and people who's entire personality and life revolves around identifying as a gay
>>
>>27539985
If you dress like a clown people will laugh at you
>>
It's overdiagnosed and trendy. That and I've found most people don't know the difference between feeling and being depressed.

I don't know how the psychiatrists come up with their diagnoses.. they don't speak to you or know you well enough to know what makes you tick, they operate on the patient's account of what's going on in their head. The criteria overlap too. It's a job you can never be sure you're doing right, an absolute shitshoot.
>>
>>27540009
What about all the great authors with depressive personalities who wrote gloomy, depressive masterpieces?

Were they tumblr edgelords too?
>>
>>27540009
Basically this

I've known robots who were genuinely depressed and on and off meds for most of their lives but were still very fun, genuine people. They were reluctant to talk about it even with close friends and you could tell that they were really fighting to maintain their composure and veneer of happiness to function in life.

But then I've also met attention seeking edgelords who within 10 minutes of meeting them would be going on about "their depression" and how they were sorry for bumming people out by talking about it but they really needed to because they were SO DEPRESSED
>>
>>27540043
>What about all the great authors with depressive personalities who wrote gloomy, depressive masterpieces?

I don't see why they wouldn't fit into the former half I described?

I'm not saying that you can't talk about depression or let it effect you, just that if in your head you identify as "someone who is depressed" before basically anything else then you're probably an edgelord.
>>
>>27540043
Artistic expression of a distinct emotion is completely different than having your only personality trait be "I'm a sad cunt". If you channel your emotions into something that other people understand, then your personality and interest change from "depressive loser" to "Depressive person who uses their emotions to create something of value"
>>
>>27540043
Yes. Everyone's an edgelord now. Any feeling or sentiment passing through your head that doesn't keep a shit-eating grin on your face makes you a mopey faggot.

I want to know why you smegma-chugging cunt canons are driven to declare that everyone is doing it for attention.
>>
>>27540147
Bloody hell man, you could try maybe reading that posts replies and actually comprehending what people are talking about

you sound like such a faggot
>>
>>27540181
I did, you bland, forgettable fuck.

Why the fuck would you to come to r9k to bitch about depression? Could it be for attention?
>>
>>27540274
>I did, you bland, forgettable fuck.

Well that's a new one lol

>Why the fuck would you to come to r9k to bitch about depression? Could it be for attention?

I come to r9k to shitpost and discuss things, this thread was about depression, so I posted about depression.

You're the one who's gone autismus maximus and is swearing and insulting people for no reason?
>>
>>27540274
>I did, you bland,

Well, you obviously didn't, because absolutely no one was claiming that
>Any feeling or sentiment passing through your head that doesn't keep a shit-eating grin on your face makes you a mopey faggot.
Just that people who's only personality trait is their depression tend to be mopey edgelords.

Your reading comprehension isn't the best is it mate?
>>
Depressed people don't go around telling everybody how depressed they are, if you're not ashamed of your depression you're not depressed.
>>
File: 1459433669052.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459433669052.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
Why can't we all get along and get our lol on?

This is valuable time you're losing, time that could be spent loling
>>
>>27540346
Ah. You're the anon I'm aiming for.

You're right. One should still have a vibrant personality in the throes of depression. Because depression is about maintaining friendships with the clueless, self-absorbed idiots that surround you.

>>27540316
Apologies. Only the first half of my post was directed toward you. The rest toward OP.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.