[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the most useless of interests. The only thing that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8
File: 1459283063365.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1459283063365.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
I have the most useless of interests.
The only thing that's really my passion is history. That's all I can feel motivation for, shit in the past.

I'm honestly envious of people who can feel motivated for shit that's relevant today, because I wish I could be as well. I can only feel that fire of total devotion to a subject or field when it involves history.
>>
yes, thank you. thank you for being of the opinion that history is a useless subject, very much despite your passion for it.

why should I give a fuck about humans masturbating over themselves in the past? it is total and utter bullshit, yes it was forced to me and everyone else in the first world via the school system. it's so fucking stupid.

I love and even indulge in lots of things that have no influence on everyday life in practice (beyond their making me happy), but I don't systematically force all humans in a specific place to consume thing I like against their will. what the fuck
>>
File: le feel man.jpg (37 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
le feel man.jpg
37 KB, 500x366
>>27538458
>tfw I know OP's feel
I love history, but no one really thinks of it as useful in anyway
It maybe doesn't have much use nowadays and not many people are interested in it, yet it's so interesting to me.
I would learn all about and even want to get a degree in it, but I don't know any decent jobs that involve it.
>>
I feel the same way senpai. Fucking obsessed with the ancient egyptians as a kid. Gotta disagree with you however. There is great use in an inclination for History.

>Being a great story teller, explaining complex subjects in simple terms and being capable of viewing an enigma from many different perspectives.

All of these are traits great men throughout History displayed and qualities any adept Historian requires. If you look into it, every genius and larger than life public figure is standing on the shoulders of giants. Everyone of them will understate the influence of the past, cause the past did it too. The powerful seem to dismiss the past so that they can stay powerful. Thought you woz into history?
>>
>>27538458
No, history is a good subject to study, get to know Thucydides or Sun Zu and you will gain insight into current events. Technology has advanced spectacularly since these men wrote, but human nature has not.
>>
File: ancient roman wojak.jpg (104 KB, 677x782) Image search: [Google]
ancient roman wojak.jpg
104 KB, 677x782
>tfw most normie scum don't care at all about history or the way people lived back then, even if it's the history of their own people
>mfw people think i'm a weirdo or something like that for bringing up great people in history during a conversation
those who do not know history shall repeat it, possibly over and over again.
>>
Reading Common Sense right now. It's good. Should really be required reading for any democratic citizen. Am amazed at how lucid it is despite being 200 years old.
>>
File: patrioticpep.png (160 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
patrioticpep.png
160 KB, 450x433
>>27538546
>history is totally useless and in no way should anyone learn from the past to make rational decisions in the present

wut?
>>
>passion
>useless

i was a psychotic NEET who never went to high school and randomly decided when i was 16 that i wanted to be a history professor because it was my passion too

i just got admitted into 2 ivy league phd programs a month ago

don't let spiritless pragmatists tell you how to live your life motherfucker
>>
>>27538458

has.....has this thread happened before? I'm having mad dejavu
>>
File: 1455487630047.jpg (52 KB, 399x464) Image search: [Google]
1455487630047.jpg
52 KB, 399x464
>18, senior in High School
>passionate about history
>enrolled in HS-level trade school for electrical work sophomore year because I fell for the "college is a meme" meme and all my buddies were going
>half the day is spent at regular school, then I drive up to the trade school
>dislike the class, but I do well and there's plenty of jobs afterwards
>never get below a 97% overall
>wiring, conduit bending, and A/C theory is piss easy but boring as fuck
>worked for a company last summer because my Dad told me to find work, and now I have connections

Meanwhile, at HS

>haven't taken an honors or AP class since freshman year
>shitty grades
>barely enough credits to even graduate, no college pre-reqs, didn't take my SAT

No respectable school will accept me when they look at my transcripts. I've fucked my dreams of pursuing history or philosophy. I'm going into the apprenticeship program for a job I hate because it "makes good money." At least my parents think I'm happy.
>>
File: 1440064400898.png (253 KB, 336x300) Image search: [Google]
1440064400898.png
253 KB, 336x300
Any robots into medieval history like moi?
>>
>>27538458
You might not make fat stacks of dolla bills but it's hardly useless.
>>
File: oldcomputer.png (399 KB, 602x426) Image search: [Google]
oldcomputer.png
399 KB, 602x426
>>27538458
my only interest is collecting old computers from the 90s. i am literally useless
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.