[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do successful people hate acknowledging that luck had something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1454872609889.png (737 KB, 856x960) Image search: [Google]
1454872609889.png
737 KB, 856x960
Why do successful people hate acknowledging that luck had something to do with their success?
>>
>>27536192
sauce me

t. an original poster
>>
Why do unsuccessful people hate acknowledging that hard work has something to do with success?
>>
>>27536279

Just because someone is unsuccessful doesn't mean they don't work hard.
>>
>>27536364
Exactly, hard work is necessary but not sufficient. You also need luck.
>>
>>27536192

Obviously because it fuels their ego to think they were the ones that caused every good thing in their life to happen to them.

It's beyond delusional, but, you know.
>>
>>27536192
Why do unsuccessful people hate acknowledging that they're worthless pieces of shit?
>>
>>27536543

It must be amazing having that type of ego to motivate you.
>>
If their success is in part due to luck, then they could have ended up like you. They refuse to acknowledge that reality.
>>
>>27536192
like who? most successful people talk about how fortunate they are or the friends/family that supported them.

when you think success do you think top 1%? people who are extremely fucking competitive need to work their asses off every single day for many years to get to the top. there is 0 alternative. luck just gets you average or slightly above average. you get lucky once in a while in life, but to have a successful (read: phenomenal) career or impact on the world any and all luck becomes meaningless. you might as well say that anyone can be a billionaire if they were just born with 2 eyes.

there's no reason to be modest either if you're that successful, but you still see many people omit how much effort they put in. maybe you're just fucking retarded?
>>
>>27536192
Whats the sauce on that pic?
>>
>>27536279
I have been homeless multiple times/etc.
I got lucky through a friend that gave me a high paying job I don't deserve.
>>
>>27536192
Some cognitive bias.
>>
>>27536192
because luck doesn't exist.
>>
Good thread.

For example, there is no way Mark Zuckerberg could have ever predicted the success of Facebook. He tapped into a human goldmine and was lucky. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneur have worked many more years on much more complex products yet never achieved the success he got.

Yet, we often hear Zuckerberg pontificate on a wide range of social topics as if he had a special insight into the problems of society.

Same thing with Soros, Bill Gates...etc
What gives them the right to use their money to push their pet social issues without consulting experts in the field or consulting what the population thinks. They aren't any more qualified to answer those issues than a less rich but equally educated person.
>>
>>27536192
>>27536253
so what's the source?
>>
>>27537327
Didn't he just make an updated version of MySpace.
>>
>>27537327
>For example, there is no way Mark Zuckerberg could have ever predicted the success of Facebook. He tapped into a human goldmine and was lucky. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneur have worked many more years on much more complex products yet never achieved the success he got.
>Yet, we often hear Zuckerberg pontificate on a wide range of social topics as if he had a special insight into the problems of society.

actually, as a 20 yr-old who has never used any form of social media in his life, I was told that the reason Minecraft failed and Facebook overtook it was cause Facebook listened to and acted on the advice and requests of its users, whereas Myspace didn't. so, it died.

I heard it was a mess when it came to profiles. Apparently it gave everyone too much freedom to configure their profile as they chose, so profiles were ugly, non-uniform relative to one-another, and loud. there were supposedly other issues that rendered the site sub-par as well. Facebook was apparently always otherwise, or at least quickly achieved being otherwise, and then continued to please its userbase by conforming to user-friendly feature requests.

and, to add to the above, apparently this "Mark Zuckerberg" character owns Snapchat, or something. it was that or Instagram, right... I don't know the difference between these things. But this is important because to this younger generation, facebook is perceived to be for "old people", so they use this newschool-friendly social network Mark Zuckerberg owns . Then, when they get older, they settle on the massive social network that is Facebook. that's what renders him, to many, a social genius.

or, so I was told. I do not even know the name of the newgen-friendly social media platform he owns. I believe it was Instagram, though....
>>
>>27536253
>>27537824

Ran -> Sem
>>
>>27536192
Because it would be a massive blow to their ego and self esteem and they can't handle that.

But really, truly successful people aren't necessarily assholes. Usually the ones who brag the most are those who were lucky and didn't have to put in hard work. The one who did work their ass off usually also recogize all the help and sometimes bits of luck they had to get there.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.