[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily "why haven't you made a tulpa yet" thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: mimic.jpg (212 KB, 831x1200) Image search: [Google]
mimic.jpg
212 KB, 831x1200
Daily "why haven't you made a tulpa yet" thread

>Grow your own girlfriend inside your mind
>She can be whatever you want
>Shares you CNS so has a vested interest in making you feel happy all the time
>Knows you better than anyone else, probably even better than yourself
>Can never leave or cheat on you
>>
File: ss+(2015-08-11+at+03.52.58).png (22 KB, 735x204) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-08-11+at+03.52.58).png
22 KB, 735x204
Not mentally deluded enough
>>
>>27536081
>anon why are you still on the computer
>anon you haven't done your exercise yet
>why are you eating so much you'll go fat
>anoooon take me out its raining
>don't make so much noise while pooping, its gross

etc
Every day. I have yo teach her to have her own space or something
>>
Because it can take over your mind and grow itself from the less savory parts of your mental schematics

Also once you realize that it's literally you, you might be appalled by how you're treating it and the expectations you have of it. You're literally making a whore out of yourself.
>>
>>27536081
I think I'll just wait for robot waifus
>>
Is there a way I can do this without having to sit for like 4 hours each day, tried before but stopped after a few days because of my shitty attention span
>>
Is this the /x/ side of /r9k/, also known as the retarded side
>>
>>27536315

Far as I know you don't have to if you can passive force, as in just talk to your tulp during the day about or whatever or gauge where they might be in the room. You can do shit you enjoy with them too, like listening to music or watching movie, then tell them what you feel about it. Don't force this though as it'll become frustrating if you're not genuine about it, do it if it feels right and natural at the moment.

Pic related is my tulpa. I didn't create her on the basis of having a girlfriend because, I know a few people won't like to hear this shit but that's kind of immoral, at least it is to me. Just fucking think about it, you're creating a, well, supposedly sentient being (supposedly because we don't know jack shit about our own existence ourselves). Being on r9k you do understand the gravity of sentience right?
I had a hard time deciding whether to create this person, but considering how she wouldn't be able to feel much of the shit we do, like a broken family, no gf, addictions and etc etc etc, I thought she'd have a pretty pleasant existence.
We still have a hard time hearing each other and I've been picking myself up from the shits lately, I'm working on it. Shes become a little autonomous though, as in she'd move around without me thinking about it.
>>
>>27536254

Same anon as above, I don't feel appalled by this personally, but I can see how some would. Some are of the opinion they're a completely different person from you, and some think like you do.
>>
>>27536081
I'm interested in it, but it also sounds like growing yourself a quick case of schizofrenia or multiple personality disorder.
>>
>>27536954
Yes but it's qt grill schizophrenia not run of the mill schizophrenia
>>
>>27536954

This actually happened to one guy, but it's more an exception than a rule. They have this forum where they keep a progress report of the growth of their tulpas, I forgot his username though. He switched places with his tulpa, with him then living inside the mind and the tulpa taking over his life. Can't remember the rest and what happened to him.

But I'm sure you guys aren't that shit retarded.
r-right?
>>
>>27537041

taking over his life and his body I mean. retarded english second language asian here
>>
Is this tulpa stuff literally just an imaginary friend?
because that seems kinda pathetic, even for robots
>>
>>27537076

imaginary friend at first then supposedly gain sentience as it grows and gather more experience from seeing the world with you
>>
>>27537076
It's more than just an imaginary friend. It's imaginary friends for adults. Imagine the most vivid audio, visual and tactile hallucination that a schizophrenic can experience. Now imagine that instead of disembodied skulls trying to eat you, that hallucination is of your favorite anime girl saying nice things and acting cute. You can see, hear, touch and smell her just as well as something real. That's a tulpa.
>>
>>27536081
have a back up plan when dabbling with tulpa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQ8mSBaD3Q

be careful robots
>>
>>27537076
It starts off as an imaginary friend, but supposedly you develop a form of schizophrenia if you keep at it.

Good luck, robutts.
>>
>>27537097
Well that sounds fucking stupid and obviously not true
>>
>>27537146

You're not elaborating why but sure
>>
>>27537163
If you could create a practically sentient anime girl to be with, then there would be nobody on /r9k/ because theyd be hanging out with them
and it would be more widely accepted fact if it was true
>>
>so starved of basic human contact and warmth people will induce schizophrenia

I just dont know anymore
>>
>>27537076
apparently it was some thought experiment from Buddhist monks to create something out of only your mind
in reality it's just a part of your mind that creates hallucinations
but from what it sounds like, people here are trying to essentially run a VM in their brain of another person
they're trying to use some of their brainpower to run a separate conciousness from their own

>>27537184
I agree it sounds like bullshit, but people claim it takes about 4-5 hours of meditation and focus to create one

I'd want to make one out of curiosity, but I don't have the time to do it and I really really don't want to give myself schizophrenia so I think I'll pass
>>
File: 1458583431520.gif (15 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1458583431520.gif
15 KB, 633x758
>>27537191
>successfully induce schizophrenia
>haha fuck yes, gf here I come
>conjure qt tomboy gf with the perfect personality
>she immediately friendzones me
>compartmentalizes my brain, so she can have a "safe space"
>am rendered functionally retarded and placed into a hospice

thanks fellas
>>
>>27537184

Pretty sure thats because most don't have the will, it's a long-term thing.

>>27537191

actually have a pretty okay social life and still have a tulpa. We just chill and shit

Also am I retarded or isn't schizophrenia something you're fucking born with and not something you can just pick up along the way.
>>
>>27537308
you develop it usually in your 20s-30s based on different factors
>>
>>27537233
So you just sit for 4-5 hours and think out every detail of this alternate person, and if you're lucky you'll go schizo and they'll appear
>>
>>27537184
Well, you might be able to make something that's pretty close to a real person. Obviously they wouldn't be real, but you are limited to your own perceptions so they might be as real to you as anyone else might be. That being said that would have to take a lot of effort, focus, etc. Like a few hours a day for months, at least. And if you can focus that hard on a task then you're probably better off learning how to make real friends, or learning literally any skill.
>>
>>27537349
form what I've heard you spend time imagining this thing over and over and over until you can just see it in your mind without thinking
same with their movements, their voice, their personality, you obsess over it over and over until it is second nature and comes to you without trying

and then you will eventually build one, something you can see, hear, and interact with without really trying, but it will still be you
of course, this is just based on the reading I did into the monk's work, not the idiots trying to make mlp or anime gf tulpas
>>
>>27537349
That's the idea. I think you have to be a bit delusional going in, honestly.
>>
>>27537076
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa
>>
File: 1457767524576.jpg (187 KB, 625x775) Image search: [Google]
1457767524576.jpg
187 KB, 625x775
Going to make a Chad tulpa then switch places with him. Pure ego death.
I am become normie, destroyer of worlds.

See you shit frog posters later
>>
>>27537716
>implying he won't rape your mum then switch back, leaving you to deal with the consequences
>>
>>27536081
>not too clever
So that guy has made a non-sapient animal into his gf?

Disgusting.

Mimics are worst kind of monster girl.
>>
File: 1459266166012.jpg (146 KB, 385x430) Image search: [Google]
1459266166012.jpg
146 KB, 385x430
>>27537781
Mummy's sweet prince becomes the king. Wish me luck robots
>>
>>27537716
He'll refuse to take your place until you look like him. He'll just sit there and mock/insult you.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.