[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any other dating sites? i mean i think that okcupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: icon_1024x1024.png (44 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
icon_1024x1024.png
44 KB, 1024x1024
are there any other dating sites? i mean i think that okcupid and tinder are ok but i dont have any luck with this. also, it will be nice to share some experiences, is the first time i want to try online dating so any advice will we helpfull
>>
>>27533061
BlendR android app ALL THE WAY!

Googeling peer group specific dating sites (for disabled, mentally disabled, christians, muslims, etc. can work as well.
>>
my brother found his wife on POF, even though she's really really fat

to be honest though, if you're using online dating, you will get one of
>crazy, batshit insane
>used up slut
>old christmas cake, not in a good way
>fatty, as in 250+ pounds
>physically deformed face

and you will have to treat them like a princess to get any attention back from them because that's how the game is set up
>>
>>27534076
How can anyone be so picky if theyre desperate enough to use dating sites?
>>
>>27533061
Japan cupid actually got some dates you will need to live in an area with a high jap population or make and internet gf until you can go visit her
>>
>>27534122
if you mean women, then it's because even the ugliest woman will get thousands of unsolicited messages from catfish profiles, desperate dudes, and creeps

if you mean guys, it's not that absurd for an average looking guy in decent shape to want a girl who doesn't have a serious flaw like the ones Iv'e described
I almost forgot the extremely high number of "I'm 18, but my 4 year old son is my LIFE lol" profiles
>>
File: okc5.png (92 KB, 1225x734) Image search: [Google]
okc5.png
92 KB, 1225x734
I wouldn't use online dating. It's all about numbers and window shopping bullshit. Even once you get a date there's just pressure on you to show them a fun time. Your personality is irrelevant. This way of meeting people is by its nature entirely superficial. The ironic thing about it is that it would only be good for meeting people to have sex with, and 99% of the girls you see on there get buttflustered about men thinking that way. It's just full of double standards.

I used OKC for about a week and and got a few interested messages, but they deleted my profile because I said I'd punch a puppy in the face. I think the real reasoning is that internet dating is severely oversaturated with men and if you're not paying them, they don't give a shit if it's working for you.

I feel like shit because I'm lonely, but I think it's quite obvious that this is not a good way to meet people for serious relationships.
>>
>>27534186
Sounds like your profile was cringeworthy
>>
>>27534166

Men who use dating sites are as big of failures as the women you described
>>
>>27534244
it was in a message

I said "If you don't reply, I will punch a puppy in the face and tell him he's ugly and he's never gonna make it in life. You wouldn't let that happen, would you?"

>>27534269
What makes a man a failure?
>>
>>27534130
japanese dating sites are all pay services though
>>
>>27534130

Is there one in NYC? Woah.
>>
>>27534294
Plenty of things, really.

If society thinks you're a failure, in a way, you are. If you think you are a failure, in a way, you are.
>>
>>27534294
Oh that's a cringe message alright. Ever try a joke instead?
>>
>>27534361
There are different rungs of society. To some, an entry level programmer or networking engineer seems like a failure, but to some that's high status. There's not really any objective failure. Even somebody who works in a box factory still seems like a shining success to some people if they've never been to prison or they don't do hard drugs.
>>
File: 003.gif (2 MB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
003.gif
2 MB, 250x227
>>27534294
>What makes a man a failure?

>I said "If you don't reply, I will punch a puppy in the face and tell him he's ugly and he's never gonna make it in life. You wouldn't let that happen, would you?"
>>
>>27534294

Having to meet women online is a sign of a failure.
>>
>>27534400

Every man who resorts to online dating is objectively a failure
>>
>>27534381
it was a joke

I only did it to 2 or 3 girls and then sort of found the sweet spot for writing messages. At that point I didn't give a shit and thought I would delete it anyway so I just figured it would be funny. Right before they suspended my acct, I had a few girls seeming really interested.
>>
>>27534400
Agreed, it all depends who you are compared to.
>>
>>27534404
>>27534423
That seems like a completely arbitrary standard. The women are trying to meet people online for the same reasons as the men.
>>
>>27534269
>in shape
>decent job
>good hygiene
>reason for being online is passive personality and some social troubles
describes about 90% of guys on online dating

which pales in comparison to having a kid when you're 16 or having multiple stds, or being obese, or having a serious mental disorder

you may call the guys on there failures, but that's only because society has much much higher standards for men than women
the men on online dating are a majority better than the women from what I've seen
>>
>>27534423
That's silly, there's nothing objective about such a statement. It can't be measured.
>>
>>27534431
Nah man. Jokes are funny. You just sounded like a serial killer in the making.
>>
>>27534463
guys on online dating just don't have a huge social circle to meet women from. They're often handsome and educated and have steady jobs, but they have no way of meeting girls for serious relationships.

That doesn't make somebody a loser. Like you said, the women are generally much worse.

I think in both cases, people using POF and OKC give up before they meet anyone anyway. I've heard of people having profiles for years and never getting anywhere with it. I've only ever had one for about a week.
>>
>>27534301
Eh you pay for quality girls are a lot better

>>27534339
The free version will show you who is living where you pay to actually talk to them not very expensive tbqh one month was enough to get 3 dates and a gf
>>
>>27534404
>>27534404
What is tinder? Pleny of normies use it

Plus i have dated women the old fashion way and tried online the ones i met online were actually more fun tbqh
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.