[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you believe in god /r9k/? Why do you let the filth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: Christ-chan.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Christ-chan.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
Why don't you believe in god /r9k/?
Why do you let the filth of this place infect your mind instead of harnassing good righteous values?
I'm not saying you have to go to church, or select a specific denomination, but this place reeks of sin.
>Tranny/cucks - Lust demons
>Neets - Sloth demons
>Femanons - Greed demons
>Ree frogposters - Wrath demons
>Tfw no gf posters - Envy demons
>Normalfags - Pride demons
>Fatbots - Gluttony demons

This place is infecting you with literally all 7 deadly sins and on more levels than what I listed. It's not too late /r9k/. You can cleanse yourself.
>>
>>27531978
I'm a Christian yet I spend all day on 4chan...what do you suggest?

I try to stick to the more "wholesome" threads though
>>
>>27531978
>Why don't you believe in god
I REFUSE to believe in any GOD whose """"worshipers"""" call fellow humans "demons"
or at the very least I would disagree with that specific religion's practices
>>
>>27532045
Walk the path anon. There is nothing inherently wrong with browsing this board. Just hold your morals close to your heart, and do not let the negativity change you.
>>27532077
They are sick humans that have been infected by demonic ways anon. They can still change, but at the moment they are putrid shells of what they could be. I'm speaking from experience. I've been to hell and back. I have seen the darkness and do not wish it upon anyone.
>>
File: 1452539783079.png (256 KB, 273x354) Image search: [Google]
1452539783079.png
256 KB, 273x354
>>27531978

because a person should exert self control and common sense without the fear of being burned alive in the "afterlife".

what you are doing if following some rules out of fear, and not because you want to follow them.

Sad, truly sad
>>
>>27531978
I can't believe. I tried to pray quite a lot for a while and then I felt like I was just saying words in my head, and the entire church thing is ridiculous. I was left bored listening to the sermon about the deeds of some cool guy but it's not like it meant a lot.
I just don't believe there is a god, even if I'd like to.
>>
>>27532237
I didn't say anything about the afterlife anon, that is you projecting.
I merely asked about why you don't let god's influence into your life.
I for one do it purely because it feels right. In my opinion the notion of heaven and hell are tools the organized church used to scare the masses into going every week so they can make money. They are under evil influence just as much as any other.
>>
>>27532284
Have you thought, perhaps that prayer does not actually work that way? That you don't actually speak with your hands clasped together?
Maybe that you hold an idea within yourself and stride for it and god will take care of it by giving you opportunities through synchronicity?
>>
spare me
>>
>TFW fat
Fuck, I'm going to hell, aren't I?
>>
I'd like to have faith, but I just can't. I wanted to feel God, to love my fellow humans, not judge them for their "failures" like OP did. I'd love to believe in a truly religion of love, where we would try to understand other's mistakes and accept them as they are. And help them change if they want to. I wanted to feel connected to mankind through love.

But I have no faith and such a religion don't exist.
>>
>>27532237
>what you are doing if following some rules out of fear, and not because you want to follow them.
Uhh, I hate to tell you this anon, but that's what literally everyone does.
What do you think laws are for?
>>
>>27532296
so why do you need the words demons??

doesn't that imply afterlife or heaven / hell?

You are just doing it because it's comfortable to think you have a higher moral ground over people.

There is no god and he doesn't care about what you do think or feel.

Get over it.
>>
File: Sakura.png (312 KB, 389x386) Image search: [Google]
Sakura.png
312 KB, 389x386
4chan Christians are a gross bastardization of the Religion. I'm not even that religious and find it in poor taste.
There's more to Christianity than posting Christ-Chan images and Larping as a Crusader.
>>
>>27531978
I do, but I'm concentrating on one sin at a time. Right now it's gluttony, as I became a bit of a fat fuck over the winter
>>
But what if I'm a skeleton? Where do I fit in?
>>
>he actually fell for the "4chan is religious" meme

Just wait until the pendulum swings far right and it's no longer hip and edgy to be a christian on the internet.
>>
>>27532430
Remember that whipping yourself is great cardio.
>>
You all need God just as I do. All it can do is improve your life.

I hope one day I will find my religion.
>>
>>27532426
Why do you pretend to my life?
>>
File: Ohayou-chan.png (109 KB, 594x530) Image search: [Google]
Ohayou-chan.png
109 KB, 594x530
>>27532349
It's never too late anon, you will know it when you find a righteous way of thinking.
>>27532374
No anon, you can change your ways. Being addicted to food is your own personal hell. Do not think of it as something to come. Think of it as a hole you are currently in that you can climb out of.
>>27532386
Without judgment there is no positive change. Look at what the liberals are doing in the US. Whores are running rampant, and get abortions whenever they want, and transexualism and homosexuality is on the rise. This is the result of people going unchecked under satan's influence.
>>27532414
Because I believe in higher powers anon. I'm sorry you feel that way.
>>27532430
That's great anon. One step at a time.
>>27532431
You fit in small spaces, obviously.
>>
>>27532511
Your post makes no sense famicom.
>>
>>27532513

Damn it I knew someone was gonna make a joke, just answer the damn question.
>>
>>27532511
*to know

Sjaj
>>
>>27532527
Yeah I forgot a word >>27532540 ...my bad, I'm sure you could figure it out if you tried
>>
File: 1456363295810.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1456363295810.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>>27531978
Save me ChristChan I need help ,

I'd be willing to look at links or videos or whatever .

I don't want these feels anymore

tell me what to do
>>
File: 1446640262203.jpg (685 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
1446640262203.jpg
685 KB, 1200x1500
>>27532345
you do all the work, god gets all the credit

how do these people function, it's absurd

Oh wait this is what they like to tell themselves to think they are blessed

God helped me

top fucking kek keep on giving op, i need some good laughs

>>27532394
that's law enforcement, you need that because not everyone has common sense, some people think they are above the law so they try to steal and murder, and obviously it's not a perfect system so rich people get off ez.

But that's not the same thing as living in fear of some sort of deity and his rules.

It's just stupid, i follow the rules because it's the right thing to do for an harmonious civilized lifestyle.

Law enforcement should be there for "protection " of the honest citizens but instead are a government tool to keep people in check.

It's not a religion it's an authority, religion can't be questioned , authority can, even though most cases end up with a small penalty for the cop.

In others not, like the case of the cop that had to give 140k to a motorcyclist, the cop rammed him, and tazed the dude, and was all recorded by the police dashcam, the cop could not stop in time and tried to excuse it , but it was obvious
>>
>>27532513
>Without judgment there is no positive change. Look at what the liberals are doing in the US. Whores are running rampant, and get abortions whenever they want, and transexualism and homosexuality is on the rise. This is the result of people going unchecked under satan's influence.

That's the difference between you and me, I don't find any of this things "degenarate" and I don't want to change people. Who am I to tell what is better for them? I just wanted to love them for who they are, even if I don't agree with some of their values.

Chistianity should be the religion of love, but instead it turned into a religion of biggotry, hatred and prejudice.
>>
>>27532513
>because I believe in higher powers anon. I'm sorry

Yeah but stop shoving it down everyone's throat.

Nobody likes it shut up and keep it to yourself
>>
"Why don't you believe in God, life is great lmao xD"

>be me
>infertile
>impotent
>tiny penis
>skinny
>5'2 feet tall
>pale
>acne
>big nose
>poor
>hair falling out
>virgin
>legit autism

FUCK OFF GOD FAGS!!JUST FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!!!
>>
>>27532513
I'm not seeking the same answers as you. Your journey is not applicable to my situation. I just want to hurt your feelings today. I want to hurt someone's feelings in this fucking hugbox.

Heeeey Christfag! Does God's silence pain you? Maybe he doesn't love you anymore. Maybe you bored the shit out of him like you do with everyone else. Maybe he snuck off to have some fun and left you all alone.
>>
>>27531978

I still believe in God and follow His rules (well, most of them, anyway), but I'm convinced that He is evil. Just look at the Book of Job, it basically confirmed that God needs to let Satan off the leash in order for him to do evil things. In that case, isn't he just as responsible for all the evil in the world as a guy who owns a dangerous Rottweiler and lets it run around a playground?
>>
File: Problems.png (202 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
Problems.png
202 KB, 365x363
>>27532558
I'm judging the most prominent Christian posters. There are countless threads started by people like this >>27532513 who use anime/Christ chan as an avatar. The next most popular Christian threads are Larpers spamming DEUS VULT.

I never see discussions of scripture hitting post limit, those two do on many occasions though.
>>
>>27531978
+1
I'm too jaded for religion. I don't see things like other people, although I still hold some Christian values (acceptance, be kind to others, 2nd chance, that sort of stuff)
>>
I like the monastic tradition, the hermits who went out into the desert and devoted their lives to prayer. I wish I could live that kind of holy, ascetic life, but instead I'm a lazy neet on 4chan. Oh well
>>
>>27532431
You can become a holy spook
>>
I wish i could believe in god
>>
>>27532572
Sorry, I posted the wrong link last time

Here's the Gospel
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you WILL be saved. I love you brother and more importantly Jesus loves you ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
>>
File: 1447288870195.jpg (37 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1447288870195.jpg
37 KB, 479x492
if god exists he made a world where I can wake up one morning and find my best friend dead from a brain aneurysm

God can suck my tiny dick he made for me
>>
>>27532539
I don't think there's anything wrong with being skelly. Just don't neglect yourself. Take care of your body. Physical wellness is 1/3 of the battle to being wholly sound.
>>27532572
Read a book called the Celestine Prophecy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Celestine_Prophecy
It is a fictional novel (but so is the bible in my opinion) It is a very positive experience that could help send you on a better path. I read it a few years ago during my darkest hour and I can't help but think that it was one of the influences that helped me mentally. It's been a long rough battle though anon, know that you must perservere to see change in yourself. There will be relapse, and doubt. But you can do it!
>>27532584
You have a very convoluted view of what god is. I suggest you meditate on it.
>>27532613
You made the choice of posting in this thread anon. Are you sure you don't want to be saved?
>>
>>27531978
I'll believe in god when he gives me a gf.
>>
>>27532642

And as for the "God gave us free will" idea, I understand that, but why give us the capacity to do such evil things? Couldn't He give us free will but turn off the part of our brain that allows to carry things out like the the Great Leap Forward, or the World Wars? Or even things as simple as murder. Why does He give us the capacity to intentionally do that to another person? What purpose could it possibly serve?
>>
File: 1444151146482.jpg (26 KB, 393x430) Image search: [Google]
1444151146482.jpg
26 KB, 393x430
>>27532668
>You have a very convoluted view of what god is. I suggest you meditate on it.

you arbitrarily chose what god is and is not.

>You made the choice of posting in this thread anon. Are you sure you don't want to be saved?

because scum like you is everywhere, infesting every part of the daily life, you have no respect for others, and want to convert everyone to your ridiculously stupid cult.

Just get over yourself, nobody wants to be "saved"

Implying that everyone that doesn't follow is doomed, what a retarded statement.

Hope you and god meet very soon
>>
File: 1444552333899.png (42 KB, 748x534) Image search: [Google]
1444552333899.png
42 KB, 748x534
> Femanons - Greed demons
>>
>>27532698
Without the choice to be immoral there is no free will
>>
>>27531978
meh, religion is for cucks.
>>
>Neets - Sloth demons
>Femanons - Greed demons

That's scary accurate.
>>
>>27532739

The choice to be immoral is fine. Shoplifting, worshiping idols, doing drugs, getting into fights, stuff like that I can understand, but why the hell do we have the choice to commit genocide?
>>
I dont believe in god because he's keeping me alive against my own will. I beg him not to wake up on this world.
>>
It's not that I don't believe in God. I'm just too weak to avoid temptation and sin, too scared to go to church or commit, and too embarrassed about the above two facts to pray for help.
Well, I have prayed a few times, and can sometimes keep it up for a day or two, but I inevitably succumb to sin again.
>>
I agree with a lot of the teachings and wisdom in the bible, but you don't need god to practice fixing all the things you listed op.

There are plenty of people who just say, I'm a fat fuck, better eat less, rather than trying to pray it away. God is just an unnecessary middle man to self improvement.
>>
Assuming this isn't a b8 thread, how can I start believing in God. I know Aquinas' arguments and they make sense logically, but I cant make myself actually believe in God. What do?
>>
>>27532783

Because niggers, and jews, and women, and cucks, and degenerates
>>
>>27532662
>Pastor Steven Anderson

Literally most based channel on YouTube.
>>
>>27532849
Who the fuck does that leave, you insufferable dipshit?
>>
>>27532862

Are you implying that all men are niggers, jews, cucks and degenerates?
>>
File: Screenshot (269).png (803 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (269).png
803 KB, 1366x768
>>27532839
yeah go on, look how good and caring god is

>ehhh anon that's not god, god works in mysterious ways

why would you want to believe in something that according to the bible has killed everyone on earth at one point?

or that created humans in his shape and image and made them weak and easy to induce in temptation??

>muh free will

oh sure sure buddy, that doesn't sound like total bullshit at all
>>
>>27532636
God has never gone silent, the world has gone blind.
>>27532642
Yin and Yang exist together. Do not take what the bible says literally. It is an outdated tool in my opinion.
>>27532667
God felt the need to call your friend to him. Do not think of it as your loss. In fact, his death had nothing to do with you. This is greed on your part. Your friend was never yours to be with. Grieving is natural, but holding contempt is wrong.
>>27532714
>Implying that everyone that doesn't follow is doomed
What is your idea of "doomed"?
>>27532813
Church is not necessary, it is a stepping stone for those that want it. Relapse happens, as humans we all dabble in sin from time to time. We are not perfect. Recognizing this and attempting to atone for your actions is what you can do to help yourself.
>>27532831
>I'm a fat fuck, better eat less, rather than trying to pray it away
LOL I couldn't agree more. God isn't going to make you change through prayer. It's something you have to do for yourself. Prayer in itself is a comfort thing. Meditation and action are what inspire godliness in one's life. When focusing on a goal god will provide opportunities for you, if you pay attention.
>>
File: Fuck I get it.gif (2 MB, 400x281) Image search: [Google]
Fuck I get it.gif
2 MB, 400x281
>>27532077
>refuses to follow any religions that call other humans demons

>visits a board that hates the majority of the human population and get off on school shootings

I'm confused anon.
>>
>>27532875
I'm also implying all men are women, yes.
>>
File: Screenshot (225).png (374 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (225).png
374 KB, 1366x768
>>27532913
Stop avoiding questions faggot, What is YOUR idea of doomed?

since you say you want to "save" people

Go on lets hear the bullshit you spit out.
>>
>>27532839
If you truly want to believe, you will feel the light from something eventually. Do not give up.
>>
>>27532856
I kind of agree. He can be a little too fire and brimstone for me sometimes and there's a couple of things I dont agree with him, but the core of his message is completely on point and he's filled with passion and has very simply and clearly taught me a lot about the bible
>>
I'm not going to suspend my critical thinking abilities to believe in a cosmic tyrant. Christians are ridiculous.
>>
>>27532698
because that would obviously contradict the idea of "freedom"
>limits (to evil)
>freedom
pick one
>>
>>27531978

I went through a phase of searching for religion in my mid-20s and I came to the conclusion that it's just something you either feel or you don't.

I respect the religious but I'll never be one of them. I'm too temperamental, neurotic, impossible to satisfy. All the logical contradictions just eat away until there's no chance of sustaining faith.
>>
>>27532960
>cosmic tyrant
You realise God essentially gave up his omniscience so we could have free will?
>>
>>27532913
>LOL I couldn't agree more. God isn't going to make you change through prayer. It's something you have to do for yourself. Prayer in itself is a comfort thing. Meditation and action are what inspire godliness in one's life. When focusing on a goal god will provide opportunities for you, if you pay attention.

My only problem is that you're attaching a fictional character to common sense, which in my opinion is a tool for control. Its very unlikely that God is a separate being judging and punishing us for our sins. "God" is simply the truth, the truth that certain actions and behaviors are good for our well-being, and others are not.

By seperating god from the individual it puts power in the hands of the church and priest by making them appear as proxy's, when really they're just teaching self-improvement and putting a face to it (God = Good, Lucifer = Evil).
>>
>religious people - lie demons
>>
File: Screenshot (222).png (265 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (222).png
265 KB, 1366x768
>>27533030
how the fuck does he come up with this trash, jesus op, how deluded must you be to think something like that.

Holy shit, and i thought i couldn't get any worse.

Do you realize the sense of self importance you are giving the human race?

holy shit what would you have done without these fairy tails
>>
>>27533030
Gonna need a citation on that.
>>
>>27532948
Your post didn't have any questions in it, only statements but I digress.
Doomed is living your life under evil influence. Succumbing to the darkness, and basically becoming what this board calls a robot. That is essentially the worst torture I can imagine in this world.
>>27532960
God is not a tyrant, nor does he want you to suspend your thinking abilities. These are notions encouraged by the downfall of the organized church. The church is infected by evil as well. Ruling through fear to gain money and power. That is not what god is about.
God is about positive vibrations.
>>27533041
Sure I can agree with that. As I just said ^ God is about positive vibrations. It flows through all of us and every thing. God is simply a name coined long ago that people can recognize. Clearly the contempt for the church has brought people to hate it being called that. I should've made this a new age thread instead of a christian thread I suppose but I wanted to reach a larger audience.
>>
>>27533030
That doesn't change the fact that he both enables and creates evil, famine, disease, natural disasters, etc. Not to mention explicitly prohibits so many basic things that make us human. A god like that doesn't warrant worship.
>>
File: Screenshot (168).png (651 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (168).png
651 KB, 1366x768
>>27533093
>Your post didn't have any questions in it, only statements but I digress.
i meant stop avoiding the argument, you said that
>Are you sure you don't want to be saved
implying that you are above people and that you know how to "save" people,

you are humblebragging and positioning yourself on higher moral ground thinking that will benefit you.

Such a sad state of mind must you have, to give yourself so much importance and to think you know the truth about life. Just commit suicide, and meet him, if you convert a large enough number of people he will forgive you for sure, don't forget to like share and subscibe to god, God loves you buy his t shirts and don't forget not to sin

>and basically becoming what this board calls a robot

Again you seem to position yourself above everyone else and think you are better and know better than anyone else, it's so sad to see these statements, clearly you don't understand that god can't fill the void of companionship nor can he fill the void for lost ones. Tell your god to fuck off

>That is essentially the worst torture I can imagine in this world.

oh, is that right?, it's not like there's a civil war going on, or children that suffer on a daily basis for basic necessities such as water and food , but i get it, sharing stories of depression and feels on this imageboard is the WORST suffering you can imagine in this world.

you should seriously consider suicide m80, and i mean it.

>God is about positive vibrations.

i'm laughing so hard right now
>>
>>27532635
>Possible ED
>Small penis
>Fat (my fault)
>5"11
>ugly
>black
>molested as a kid
>horribly shy and anxious
>borderline asexual

It's okay anon, just let God's love inside.
Even if others don't love you, he will.
>>
>>27533222
I hope you find god within yourself one day anon. Currently you seem engrossed in negativity and that is no way to live.
>>
>>27533222
I haven't been following this discussion but I have one question for you: Are you sure the Christian God doesn't exist?
>>
File: Screenshot (211).png (299 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (211).png
299 KB, 1366x768
>>27533249
Again avoiding the shitty arguments you make, typical of faggots such as yourself
Remember guys, being a robot is THE WORST TORTURE IN THIS WORLD

and not all the other true evil god, brings us day to day.

Just keep in mind you are a small insignificant piece of meat, on an infinitely small rock in an infinitely small galaxie, your god means nothing.

I hope you and the ground meet very soon, so you stop shitting up everyone's life with your ridiculously easy to dismantle statements.
What you are doing now is avoid confrontation and once again set yourself on high moral ground, humbly implying that people that are not like you are inferior, it's a veiled way of saying i'm better than you because i found god.

Just stop making a fool out of yourself bucko
>>
>>27531978
So, for the early years of my life, I was raised in a convent somwhere in Santo Domingo.
After that I came to Germany, I guess I was religious back then.
>But Anon, why don't you believe in good anymore?
the concept of God like he's portrait by the church doesn't make sense to me. I can not believe that God just created everything, also someone watching our every move and putting us into endlessly burning fire in the afterlife because we didn't believe that he is the one and onl, omniscent creator seems really off putting to me. Also, I don't believe in Jesus.
Literally calling people "demons" because they don't exactly believe what was written in a book, or don't follow a certain tradition is a bit harsh, isn't it?
>But how can you call yourself a Christian then?
I don't go to Church anymore, I don't pray or anything. so I can't really say I am one anymore. I'm just legally one, still registered in the church and all that stuff
>But why?
I don't know, people associated with the church treated me badly (priests and members alike), but kept on preaching about how everyone should love all the other fellow humans, how they should treat them with respect and all that. basically the opposite of what they did to me, so all the christian values they disregarded kind of made me distance myself from all that.
>If I am now to die and burn in hell for distancing me from the church and christianity as a whole because of false members of this group, I guess it's not a religion of love or humanity.
>>
File: 1456344978788.png (161 KB, 355x398) Image search: [Google]
1456344978788.png
161 KB, 355x398
>>27533093
help guise, I'm a evil person for beind socially anxious and depressive.
1 like = 1 found god
>>
>>27533326
You are worshiping the devil and don't realize it my friend. I'm saying anything to feel high and mighty above the rest like you implied. I only want to know why people like you on this board would rather stew in the stench of sin and hate than to break out of it. I understand it's a tough trap to break out of I really do, but do you not recognize it as the evil that it is?
>>27533328
Don't let your bad experience with the church shape your outlook on religion in general. Continue to do the right thing. Do not dwell on what was done to you. Recognize how they made you feel and that you would want to avoid such behavior.
>>
>>27533395
It doesn't mean you are evil, it means evil forces are keeping you down.
>>
File: clusters2.jpg (431 KB, 1194x899) Image search: [Google]
clusters2.jpg
431 KB, 1194x899
>>27533261

That's a fallacy

>if you can't prove he doesn't exist than he COULD exist, therefore what he says COULD be true

yeah sure , just go on with that logic.

Just because you can't prove that a rock talked to me yesterday doesn't mean it didn't happen.

that's the cowards way out.

by the way, those white dots, those aren't stars, those are all galaxies, just so you don't get confused

yeah i'm certain he does not exist
>>
>>27533449
so, other humans, m8+1?
>>
Honestly, the more decadent and edgy r9k is becoming, the more I think being a Christian might be a good thing.

I mean the way my fellow robots have become, I want out, I am not like the new r9k userbase.
I mean hating normies and Chads is one thing but the way you don't even try and fix yourself and feel entitled to everything kind of makes me sick of it all.
>>
File: 1459197344902.png (457 KB, 509x576) Image search: [Google]
1459197344902.png
457 KB, 509x576
>>27533425
>yeah, just get over it m9
I'll roll around in my bed and cry as long as I want to, nobody and not even god can stop me
>>
>>27533457
I just asked you a simple question.
>>
File: 1445025868160.jpg (15 KB, 327x303) Image search: [Google]
1445025868160.jpg
15 KB, 327x303
>>27533425
>You are worshiping the devil and don't realize it my friend

yeah he knows how to rock and roll, sorry, oh what is that? rock doesn't sexualize girls and minors the same way pop does oh shit that's right.

>I'm saying anything to feel high and mighty above the rest like you implied

ok?? i guess, that's not something you want to flaunt

> I only want to know why people like you on this board would rather stew in the stench of sin and hate than to break out of it. I understand it's a tough trap to break out of I really do, but do you not recognize it as the evil that it is?

No what you are doing is being a false savior, by dispensing what you think is "wisdom" you think people don't know how to google self improvement, and that god can save them, it's such a pathetic way of thinking.

You think you know better and just can't leave people alone. I'm replying because people like you need to be called out on their disgusting behavior

>LOOK GUYS I'VE BEEN SAVED BY GOD, YOU CAN BE TOO LET GOD INTO YOUR HEARTS

>I KNOW BETTER SO FOLLOW ME I'M SUPERIOR I CAN SAVE YOU

Honestly people like you are cancer and never shut the hell up.

How can i spell it out for you, let me see, NOBODY WANTS YOUR BULLSHIT GOD AND DOGMA, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

I think i could be more concise than that, don't know let me know.
>>
File: tumblr_ms9emeqaYn1rybdj6o1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x254) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms9emeqaYn1rybdj6o1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x254
>>27533532
yes that question is a fallacy, i explained to you why it's a fallacy and also gave you an answer to that wrong question

And i answered you

>yeah i'm certain he does not exist
>>
>>27533610
The question is question. You interpreted it as an argument I never made, proceeded to shoot it down.
>>
File: Marchosias_5570.gif (38 KB, 324x306) Image search: [Google]
Marchosias_5570.gif
38 KB, 324x306
I'd rather worship demons.
>>
File: 1413999637291.png (317 KB, 760x497) Image search: [Google]
1413999637291.png
317 KB, 760x497
>>27533610
>that wrong question

Also
>tumblr image
>>
>>27533692
Do you know what actual demons even are?
>>
File: 1444848311849.jpg (343 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1444848311849.jpg
343 KB, 1000x563
>>27533665
No your question is a fallacy, it's called burden of proof, why should i prove you he does exist?

Also you will say something like

>Just because you can't prove he doesn't exist doesn't mean he can't exist

that's also called a false dichotomy, but that's a word to big for your mouth or brain, so yeah.

don't worry there's this thing called dictionary maybe you can look it up.

You cannot rationally argue here, just stop asking retarded questions anon.
>>
File: 891.png (226 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
891.png
226 KB, 480x640
>>27533692
Don't be fooled by Satans false words, he may promise you great power and freedom to act without a ruler, but he is a master of deception after all.

>You'll end up doing the wrong things because you distanced yourself from the guidance of god

just like some recent terrorist examples
>>
>>27531978
Because I don't need a god to tell me how to live or what's right and wrong.
>>
File: 1445042943704.png (380 KB, 771x208) Image search: [Google]
1445042943704.png
380 KB, 771x208
>>27533789

>burden of proof,false dichotomy

>i don't know how to make a rational statement so i'm clinging to every single thing i can

it's a tumblr image because at some point or another everyone has committed internet "sin"
>>
>>27533798
You argue like an edgy 12-year-old.
>>
>>27533879

>le 12 year old kid meme

really dude that's all you could come up with?

oh boy, it's easier than i thought. Admit you got obliterated and shut up.

Your question is as it stands fallacy and you should stop asking it, so that you avoid making yourself look like an idiot.

I'm not insulting you don't take it to heart, i'm just saying, it's a stupid question that's all.
>>
daily reminder that if you have strong faith, you are a pushover that should off himself
>>
>>27533913
I'm sleepy and I don't want to try to defend my simple fucking question from a pretentious 12-year-old.
>>
File: 1442863322568.jpg (29 KB, 479x370) Image search: [Google]
1442863322568.jpg
29 KB, 479x370
>>27533982

there's nothing to defend familiare.

You are just wrong, not being pretentious. just telling you to avoid asking it because it's easily argued against.

Actually everything that involves gods, and belief can be dismantled pretty quickly.

Like i said don't take it to heart.
>>
>>27533982
Ignore this agent of sin. He is very lost.
>>
>>27534049
>Ignore this agent of sin.
>agent of sin.
>agent
>of
>sin
Oy vey
>>
File: 1443379579437.jpg (109 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1443379579437.jpg
109 KB, 720x540
>>27534049
>we know better

>we are better and superior because we believe this thing

sure dude, i'm the lost one, all you believe in is literal fantasy
>>
how the fuck is feeling sad about no gf envy?
>>
>>27533820
>great power and freedom
I'd rather take that than being worthless human being.
>>27533790
O please enlighten me
>>
>>27534049
The inevitable realization hits that kind the hardest.
>>
You have to stop calling people demons, OP. The demon is inside all of us. This is the reason christians get a bad name when in reality they try to hold themselves to the same standards Jesus held himself to.

I can't, think I'd have to witness a miracle. It seems nonsensical to not believe in good news but I know there's no way I can prove or disprove it, it's the nature of faith
>>
File: 1456401466639.png (104 KB, 985x827) Image search: [Google]
1456401466639.png
104 KB, 985x827
>>27534138
topshelfbaked cake
og af
>>
File: 31c.png (242 KB, 443x523) Image search: [Google]
31c.png
242 KB, 443x523
>>27534109
because you only feel sad because you envy the people that have one.
Would you be sad to not have a gf if no one had one?
Don't get blinded by false values my fellow friend.
>>
File: 342543578.jpg (59 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
342543578.jpg
59 KB, 300x450
>>27534167
Lucifer is real hero we need.
>>
>>27534167
>The demon is inside all of us
I agree. I ment, that those I listed have succumb to such demons.
>>
>>27534182
would you feel hungry if everyone was starving? yes you fucking tard
>>
>Monotheism
I'm willing to believe gods exist but the idea of one omnipotent being that loves everyone is complete bullshit. I feel like the ancient Greeks had the right idea, with a bunch of gods that spend more time dicking about than actually doing godly things.
>>
>>27534232
How can you even compare these two things?
>>
will it help me study
how can I just make myself believe in something I don't believe in
also Christians at my university tried to force me into their society and it put me off anyway
>>
File: 1459357083586.jpg (55 KB, 480x438) Image search: [Google]
1459357083586.jpg
55 KB, 480x438
>believing in God in 2016
>did you miss the part of history where it became obvious God is a fairytale
>normies just use God to tell themselves they're forgiven for being shit people
>it's all self-congratulatory wishful thinking that spits in the face of all logic
>>
>>27534243

Those gods were more drama to take away the boring day to day life, so many tales of impregnation and cheating and death, it's an old version of soap opera, Norse mythology does the same, there's a lot of fucked up stories, but it was mainly for the drama in it and nothing more.

It was a form of entertainment
>>
File: tumblr_ncxzs9n9KA1s3qrv4o1_540.png (36 KB, 540x223) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncxzs9n9KA1s3qrv4o1_540.png
36 KB, 540x223
>>27534304
>6102

>not believing in our lord and savior KEK bringer of chaos and giver of dubs

Come on famalamadingdong
>>
I just want to find a qt pure girl to marry.
>>
>>27534232
starving is a natural desire.
would you feel pain if everyone is suffering? of course you would.
would you feel bad for not being able to watch tv if noone ever watched tv in the whole world?
I guess not

there, you have it. values are something else than needs. of course humans want to be together and love someone, that's how things are. But calling someone a "fkin normie" and telling him to leave because he has a gf, that's wrong, that's envious. It's not like you shouldn't have or want a gf, you should just not look down on or hate other people for having a partner.
You literally can't stand that something found a person they love so you tell them to leave and throw insults at them. I guess that's kind of wrong
>>
>>27531978
I'm none of these and I don't believe in the supernatural. I don't explain small lights in pictures to be spirits or lucky circumstances to be miracles, I don't thank God for the food my fucking mom worked hard to make, and lastly I don't think certain strings of vocal expression hurt a supernatural superbeing (cursing).
>>
File: qt.gif (2 MB, 231x296) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
2 MB, 231x296
>>27534378
Well the rule is if you have a gf, you leave.

You don't flaunt it, you don't speak of it, if you wanna feel we can feel but not mention you are in a relationship

Those rules are not written anywhere are unspoken but known rules.
>>
>>27534409
That's fine anon. As long as you appreciate what the people in your life have done for you (ie. your mom) you're on a righteous path. God does not require your praise.
>>
>>27531978
>I'm not saying you have to go to church

But if you don't, then where do you get the sacred sacraments? You cannot give those yourself!

Don't be silly!
>>
>>27532284
As Kierkegaard said: the purpose of prayer is not to change the actions of god, but to change the actions of the one who prays.

>and the entire church thing is ridiculous.
Why?

>>27532386
Then DO so, and MAKE it exist!

>>27532635
>life is great lmao

It isn't (always).

God still is there.
Always.>>27532642
>Just look at the Book of Job, it basically confirmed that God needs to let Satan off the leash in order for him to do evil things.
Remember: The bible is a book about god and human experiences with him, not written by him.

That being said: Rember gods judgement at the end of Job: When Job verbally attacked god and said he did not deserve what he got. while his friends said that he did for being a sinner, god said that Job spoke truthfully of him, not the friends ...
>>
>>27532691

So pray for it.
And then accept the ways god commands you to change.
That change will grant you your wish.

GO FOR IT!

You have nothing to lose.
>>
File: 1459293555009.gif (491 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
1459293555009.gif
491 KB, 500x290
>>27534721
>pray god to cure your cancer
>scientist after many tribulation finds the cure with hard work and dedication
>you get cured
>thanks god

Yeah this basically sums up the logic of retarded people
>>
>>27532813
Continue to pray. In ways that are RIGHT for YOU: One step at a time.

>>27532831
You view "him" wrong. God isn't there just as a way to better yourself. SURE, he helps you to do that, if you wish. But primary he wants to have a relationship with you: Be your friend.

>>27532839
Pray. Meditate.
Just live for a while as if you believed.
The rest will hopefully fall into place.

Faith is about action. Not (only) emotion.

>>27533457
>by the way, those white dots, those aren't stars, those are all galaxies, just so you don't get confused

That has no connection whatsoever with the question of gods existence.

>>27534757
Excellent strawman fallacy, mate.
>>
>>27534844
>Excellent strawman fallacy, mate.

The point is you don't need god or prayer to change, you just, start improving yourself step by step.

>That has no connection whatsoever with the question of gods existence.

I already discussed it here

>>27533798
>>
>>27532635
Skinny and impotent?
Really?
>>
>>27534906
>The point is you don't need god or prayer to change, you just, start improving yourself step by step.

If you just want change, sure, that works as well.

If you want change + the deepest relationship possible, nah, then go 4 god.

>>27534906
>I already discussed it here
That linked post has as well nothing to do whatsoever with your galaxies remark, and said remark has nothing to do whatsoever with the question whether god is.
>>
Go on a pilgrimage with me anons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
>>
>>27534721
No no, god is going to have to GIVE me the gf. I'm not going to prove my worth until he proves he exists.
And he's not going to prove he exists until I prove my worth.

So we have a stalemate. But he, being the superior being, will have to be the bigger man and take the first step. I'm just an imperfect being created, intentionally, to be imperfect.
>>
>>27534969
>No no, god is going to have to GIVE me the gf.

He doesn't. And he won't.
That is not how it works.

>>27534969
>I'm not going to prove my worth until he proves he exists.
>And he's not going to prove he exists until I prove my worth.

So as long as God doesn't become weak a beta provider, that shoves free stuff your way, like your parents/ state do(es), you won't follow him?

Alrighty then.
Stay miserable.

>created, intentionally, to be imperfect.
Your choice. Your choice. Your miserable choice.
>>
>>27535035
Stop trying to bully and threaten him with the wrath of your so-called God. Any God that needs His ass licked by mortals is no God I'd want to worship. I have never believed in God and my life is awesome - stop attributing to Him what you know is blind random chance.
>>
>>27535093
This is true. God has a remarkably fragile ego for an all-powerful being.
>>
>>27535093
>trying to bully
How did I?

>>27535093
>Any God that needs His ass licked by mortals
He doesn't.

But friendship with god works like friendship with humans: If you only want to abuse him for gains, it aint a friendship, and he will walk away.
>>
>>27535035
>Your choice
You are created to be imperfect. We all are. That's the whole point. You're human. You're shit. God made you shit so you can earn his love and all that.

Also, perfection is impossible. Unless it's mathematics or something gay like that.
Life is the pursuit of perfection. It would be my miserable choice to not seek to perfect myself as best as I could.

As for the rest of it, yes he would have to do something to prove his existence. Not necessarily give a gf but something to prove he exists.
I can't take it on faith. That's not reasonable.
>>
File: 714.png (192 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
714.png
192 KB, 500x493
>>27535153
Don't believe the media, humans only life to pledge their whole time and love to god.
(If you think this is wrong you might as well burn in hell m9)
>>
>>27534947
The galaxy is just so that you are put in your place and stop giving yourself so much importance

The question is the following

>Are you sure the Christian God doesn't exist?

to which i replied no it does not exist

The question itself creates an argument that is inherently full of fallacy
What you will say is.

>PROVE HE DOES NOT EXIST
And that's called burden of proof, and i will ask you , it's your idea god exists, i don't need to prove to you anything, if anything i should be asking you for proof.

Then you will stutter and say well just because you can't prove he doesn't exist doesn't mean he can't exist , and that's called a false dichotomy.

A false dichotomy is typically used in an argument to force your opponent into an extreme position by making the assumption that there are only two positions.
>>
>>27535153
>You're shit. God made you shit so you can earn his love

He made you to be his image.
You CHOSE to be shit.

>>27535153
>Life is the pursuit of perfection
And that pursuit is perfection!
But most here don't peruse. They just stay, and consume.
>>
>>27535271
>And that's called burden of proof

I reject the burden of proof.
Proof it "is" otherwise.

As well proof objective reality exists.
You cannot.
>>
>>27535274
So he made me to look like him but not have any of his powers or vast, infinite knowledge or ability to be anywhere or to be immortal? What a fucking cunt.

So what that really means is he made me like a goddamn mannequin.
>>
I believe in God but still trying to find a church I feel comfortable in. I prefer the way Catholics, Orthodox, and conservative Lutherans run but my beliefs seem to align a bit more with Emanuel Swedenborg so it's weird.
>>
>>27535336
>but not have any of his powers or vast, infinite knowledge or ability to be anywhere or to be immortal?

Does a photograph or painted IMAGE of you have your "powers" or knowledge?

As well - biblical spoken - image is not about looks, but worth-, moral- and relational- potential.
>>
>>27535357
Theologically liberal but liturgically conservative Lutherans then?

(Basically how most lutheran state churches in germany work).
>>
File: 1450563605861.gif (1 MB, 338x300) Image search: [Google]
1450563605861.gif
1 MB, 338x300
>>27535327
>I reject the burden of proof.

top kek, that's not how it works, you are committing them both at the same time, i'm not the one that believes god exists, that idea is yours the believer, you need to provide it.

saying just because you can't prove it doesn't mean he can't exists it's another fallacy, that's not how rational arguments work man, you are just wrong.

>As well proof objective reality exists
shifting the goal posts, well it's obviously no use is it??

Science is working on it, be patient, as soon as they fire up the hadron with more power maybe you will have some proof, or maybe we will find alternate realities.

>You cannot.

Falling for it again ma man.

Just saying
>>
File: fedora.jpg (21 KB, 670x300) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
21 KB, 670x300
>Why yes I identify as Christian on 4chan as it makes me a moral crusader
>No I am not shitposting I genuinely believe anonymously calling people degenerate makes the world a better place
>>
>>27535371
So I'm just a painted image of god? Again, what a total wanker.

That does make me think of the creation of AI, though. If we build robots and manage to grant them sapience, can we really expect them to work for us and devote their entire mechanical lives to serve us? Could we really judge them if they decided they didn't appreciate it and went on a rampage?
I suppose we would have to find a way to make sure they couldn't build more of themselves or do anything that could directly threaten us.

Maybe that's why god made us to be so flimsy. So we could never refuse him and kick his ass.
>>
>>27535408
>you need to provide it.
Says who?

If humans are the only judge, why should the burden of prove be objective or should be followed.

I refuse.

>Science is working on it
No prove that objective reality exists.

Would align with solipsism as well, or with a matrix situation.

You make the claim that objective reality exists.
PROVE IT!
After all, by your own words, the burden to prove that this world IS and we ARE is on you, if you claim so.

See?
>>
Average cancerous /pol/ Christian on this site
>Christianity is a religion of peace and enlightenment
>Deus vult kill nonbelievers degenerates must hang
>>
>>27535148
>How did I?

You explicitly told him that he would be miserable if he didn't accept your religious beliefs. If you really cared about his well-being you'd wire him $5,000 with no questions asked.

>But friendship with god works like friendship with humans: If you only want to abuse him for gains, it aint a friendship, and he will walk away.

My human friends do, on occasion, send me emails or call me. God has yet to do either of those things. Assuming I take assholes like you at their word, God sends me a parade of morons who can't even agree on which holy book I'm supposed to read. Seriously, you think the Almighty could spare the time to send a single email if my soul is really at stake.
>>
>>27535505
>Deus vult kill nonbelievers degenerates must hang
Nice strawman fallacy you have there, mate.
>>
>>27535529
So what do you think of Gays and Muslims?
>>
File: Mary_Magdalene.jpg (192 KB, 640x790) Image search: [Google]
Mary_Magdalene.jpg
192 KB, 640x790
>>27531978
Mary Magdalene is my waifu
>>
>>27535403
Maybe but I'm not a fan of things like female priests or gay priests in a relationship or anything yet I'm also not a hardcore creationist either. Lutheran churches in the US seem to be either too liberal for me or so conservative they come off as being no better than evangelical nuts. Fairly I need to experience some first hand but reading about them seems to suggest this. Lutheranism is one of the very few denominations I haven't actually got to walk into a church and see yet.
>>
>>27535523
>You explicitly told him that he would be miserable if he didn't accept your religious beliefs.

Nah, you misunderstood.
His state of misery is bound to his refusal to change (be it out of faith or not).

>If you really cared about his well-being you'd wire him $5,000 with no questions asked.
Yeah, right. Because free neetbux always incited people to change and made them happy. instead of just encouraging them to stay miserable dipshits, right? :-/

>God has yet to do either of those things.
He answers you, if you pray and TRULY LISTEN.

>God sends me a parade of morons who can't even agree on which holy book I'm supposed to read.
None (at fist). Pray, and you will know which one to read (or not).
>>
>>27535566
Both have the right to live.

My best friends is ... (or was) a gay christian.
(He fell from faith a few weeks ago - for reasons unrelated to his sexuality though).
>>
File: 1454501501727.gif (1 MB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1454501501727.gif
1 MB, 310x310
>>27535492
By your same logic then you can't disprove the pastafarians, nothing is stopping me from starting to break your balls on every occasion about how you should convert to pastafarianism, but i don't because i'm not a fucking idiot, you should keep religion to yourself and not be a shitlord about it, claiming you can "save" people, it's humblebragging to the max level

>I refuse.

that's not an argumentative response.

>If humans are the only judge, why should the burden of prove be objective or should be followed.

because you claim he exists.
>You make the claim that objective reality exists.

no i didn't i said be patient

There could be more realities

I didn't give you any answers, i said maybe, there is a possibility.

I don't go around claiming it.

Learn the difference

Religious believers CLAIM god exists, that's where they need to provide proof of that, it's a claim a statement, to which i say ok, prove it. but if you say you can't prove he does not exist, then that's wrong.

You are doing mental gymnastics and shifting the argument
>>
>>27531978
This place is incredibly retarded
Corruption is impossible to escape
But I don't see what substituting one cult for another is meant to do
There's corruption there, too
It's everywhere
Everything is wrong
>>
>>27535523
>If you really cared about his well-being you'd wire him $5,000 with no questions asked.
I like you. We'll share it, once he sends it to me.
>>
>>27531978
You know...i know you're trolling me but that's ok the thread is all yours.

When you stop using the following terms i'll believe you're not trolling.
>Neets - Sloth demons
>Femanons - Greed demons

i'll give you 4/10 for getting me to reply /thread moving on.
>>
>>27535274
>truly listen
>A.K.A. suspend rationality and look for and look hard enough
>>
>>27535614
>His state of misery is bound to his refusal to change (be it out of faith or not).

OK, man. I'm pretty confident $5,000 would go a lot farther in shaking up his life than condescending 4chan posts.

>Yeah, right. Because free neetbux always incited people to change and made them happy. instead of just encouraging them to stay miserable dipshits, right? :-/

I can't think of a single person who wouldn't be delighted to find themselves $5,000 richer, and it has the benefit of being completely free from sanctimony!

>He answers you, if you pray and TRULY LISTEN.

Prayed just now for an email from God. Still no email. I refuse to alter my life in any way for a being that cannot be arsed to send me a single email.

>None (at fist). Pray, and you will know which one to read (or not).

As mentioned above, my prayer revealed very little besides God's inability to send email and my growing desire to take a dump.

I don't hold your faith against you but please don't come on here telling guys in shitty situations that it's all their fault.
>>
>>27531978
>Why don't you believe in god /r9k/?
Not enough evidence.
And even if I did, there is not enough support to say which one is the right one.
>Why do you let the filth of this place infect your mind instead of harnassing good righteous values?
Why are you here.
Beside I am the one doing the infecting.
>I'm not saying you have to go to church, or select a specific denomination, but this place reeks of sin.
While you are not saying that you are implying it.
Also demons don't real.
>>
>>27535598
>I'm not a fan of things like female priests or gay priests in a relationship or anything yet I'm also not a hardcore creationist either.

Saxonian state church or SELK then? :-)
To bad if you do not live here...

>>27535598
>Lutheranism is one of the very few denominations I haven't actually got to walk into a church and see yet.
Then do so!
>>
>>27535638
>I don't go around claiming it.

You did!
The concept of burden of proof only makes sense if THIS, a real and consistent reality exists.
>>
File: 1448996510033.webm (2 MB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
1448996510033.webm
2 MB, 450x360
>>27535492
tl:dr;

To sum up:

There is such a thing as objective reality.
There is only one reality: a statement cannot be true in one reality and false in another.
The proof I have given of the above is not merely an existence proof: it is a constructive proof, giving one or more examples of statements that are objectively true.
Nothing is impossible.

Nothing is completely certain.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

except religion religion is stupid and god does not exist
>>
>>27531978
If I got into heaven I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.
I don't care if my soul is lost forever.
I don't care about getting into heaven.
That is if it's even real.
>>
File: piusxii_idgi.jpg (3 KB, 150x190) Image search: [Google]
piusxii_idgi.jpg
3 KB, 150x190
>>27532077
Christians don't say non-christians are demons though
>>
>>27535719
>but please don't come on here telling guys in shitty situations that it's all their fault.

BUT it is their fault!
(Unless caused by others/ illness/ Circumstance).

The vast majority of misery on this board is caused by lazyness/ lack of will to change (or at least try).

That is a fact.
And you know it.

Deep down you know that.
>>
>>27532426
>4chan Christians
Their is no such thing why? because this website contains to much sin. If they truly were Christians they wouldn't set foot here
from the porn alone not to mention the other sins that is posted here.

Not you but anybody who claims to be a Christians here needs to leave (no disrespect) but you're book tells you to avoid places like this.

100% of Christians here are trolls.
>>
>>27535826
>because this website contains to much sin. If they truly were Christians they wouldn't set foot here
>from the porn alone not to mention the other sins that is posted here.

Basically:

>What is the catalog? What is looking through it to find good threads?
>>
>>27535566
Sinners, but you shouldn't kill them for that
>>
File: spinmeroundround.gif (1 MB, 440x220) Image search: [Google]
spinmeroundround.gif
1 MB, 440x220
>>27535755

that doesn't excuse your god existing, it remains in a state perpetual 0 and 1.

Except in what we can perceive now he doesn't but the objective reality route makes it easy for you to claim this is not reality, which is fair, it's fine, you are using another playing field and that's totally not a low hit at all, but that doesn't give you proof of his existence, it just gives you the option of him Maybe existing, without you having to demonstrate it.
ez

if you wanna go the philosophical and don't accept reality as what you can perceive and prove then that's fine, but since this is what we now perceive as real, what our brain interprets as reality is what we can with certainty point our finger at and say it is here i can observe it. We can compress air and look at it and prove it exists.

What you did is shift the playing field, which is not an argument just an easy way out of not giving proof in this perceived reality of which we are not sure is the real one, but we all accept as being the one, since it's the only one we experience.

Sad really
>>
>>27535863
>Ignores his book
>Still going to a sin filled website
Were done here you just proved my point hypocrite goodbye.
>>
>>27535826
What about when Jesus dined with tax collectors and prostitutes? The world itself is full of sin anon
>>
>>27535967
>but that doesn't give you proof of his existence, it just gives you the option of him Maybe existing, without you having to demonstrate it.

True.
It didn't claim more.

>>27535981
>Ignores his book

Who says I have to follow it?
I am using the historical critical method.
The bible is a book about god, not (entirely) by him.

>you just proved my point
How?
>>
>>27535981
There's no such thing as a "sin free zone" anywhere in the world
Just making up arbitrary "you can come here because le sinful anons in a thread" rules doesn't make you right.That's like saying you can't shop at a grocery store if it sells something questionable to your beliefs. Just don't buy it
>>
>>27536044
*you can't
typo
>>
File: 5727648832.gif (2 MB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
5727648832.gif
2 MB, 400x330
>>27536036
where good then, it's always nice to have a challenge
>>
>>27536036
>>27536044
Fucking saved these post are full of trolls for later threads.
>Who says I have to follow it?
this is fucking golden -100 for Christians
>>
>>27536148
I never once said you don't have to follow scripture. Just because YOU say the bible has a commandment against /r9k/ doesn't mean it does.
>>
>>27535814
>Deep down you know that.

I don't know that and neither do you. We have, at best, a tiny window into people's lives here and I've never seen this mythical character that "decides" to live a shit life without someone or something else forcing them to live that way. Isn't this the sin of pride, assuming you know the lives and feelings of others better than they do?

Oh, wait, I forgot that pride isn't a sin when you're being a holier than thou cunt. Again, if you really want to change people's lives, send them money. Most of them are dirt poor and a decent meal or a night's peace and privacy will do them a lot more good than your admonition.

Again, you can believe in whatever God you want but you're actively hurting people by leading them to blame themselves for circumstances outside their control. Instead, focus on making material improvements in their lives with no strings attached - then when they ask you why you're so kind and selfless you can tell them about God.
>>
>>27535733
The nearest one is pretty far from my house and they seem to start kind of early. I guess I should set up a good Sunday for me to go do that so I don't oversleep or miss it because of traffic.
>>
>>27536148
>this is fucking golden -100 for Christians

No, not necessarily.
A lot of christian denominations/ churches do not have a literal interpretation of the bible.

The MAJORITY of university theology doesn't.

Look up names like Bultmann, Tillich, Schleiermacher, Troeltsch or Pannenberg!

Sorry that you apparently so far only experienced fundamentalists.

>>27536197
>Most of them are dirt poor and a decent meal or a night's peace and privacy will do them a lot more good than your admonition.
On this site?

No. The majority are living in chosen misery and leeching off their parents or their state.

You don't even have to be a theist to see that.
Just read what people on this subboard write about their lives.

>>27536197
>by leading them to blame themselves for circumstances outside their control.
But it is in their control.
That's the point.
>>
>>27535598
Catholic church doesn't allow priests in relationships or female clergy. You also don't need to be a YEC as a Catholic
>>
>>27536173
>I never once said you don't have to follow scripture. Just because YOU say the bible has a commandment against /r9k/ doesn't mean it does.
You're bad at being a Christian 100% grade golden LOL You really should read more.
>>
>>27536313
I'm glad you have no real argument.
You've posted nothing, but "believe me ;_;"
Post scripture or fuck off
>>
>>27536287
I've been to Catholic services but unfortunately have not seen a Latin Mass in person yet. Certain elements of the Catholic Church makes me uncomfortable though but not necessarily so much that I wouldn't consider converting if I felt it more right than anywhere else.
>>
All of you arguing against the christians have a bad sense of what it means to follow god. A book is a tool to help make sense of the teachings of prophetic peoples. Not an end all see all book to thump eternally. You all are stuck on
>u bad christians cuz u no cite bible lol
>>
>>27536344
>fuck off
Cursing really? you're proving my point i don't need one i'm winning. Read more.
>>
>>27536435
>Cursing really?
That's how I know you lost
>>
>>27536454
Read more holy shit this is platinum winning!
>>
>>27536284
>No. The majority are living in chosen misery and leeching off their parents or their state.

Because they chose to be born with shitty genetics, bad parenting, and poor social skills. If you lack even the minimal insight required to read between the lines instead of just seeing red when people are "leeching" in your opinion I do tend to question how much you really care about them.

>But it is in their control.

Says you. Go on, find me a single case study of a robot who is both miserable and does not suffer from clear mental illness of some kind. Just forward the email to God and I'm sure it'll find its way to me somehow.
>>
>>27536429
There is no rational reason to believe in or follow christian religious beliefs.

No matter how you spin it, to practice it requires faith.
Faith alone is not enough for non-believers.
>>
File: miraculous.jpg (88 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
miraculous.jpg
88 KB, 620x348
>>27536573
>These plebs with no faith
I bet you can't even cast a simple miracle
kek
>>
>10000000000000 versions of the bible
>Arguments in there own following
>Can't follow there own book let alone 1000000 versions of the bible
>They rather be divided and believe in there own versions of god
>My god is the real one but we have 1000000000000 claiming the same
>My god is right you're wrong
You people can't even agree with each other yet you have tons of different followings of god? if there is 1 who is right?

And you wonder why you are made out to be a joke.
>>
>>27536635
trolling 101
>>
>>27536683
>Another anon citing a book written by man, taken literally as the word of god by mindless followers as the reason why religion is stupid
It's about faith and righteousness anon. FAITH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS. We don't need no book to bash our head into.
>>
>>27536741
I'm glad you've decided to join me in converting to Mormonism, brother.
>>
File: Christian vs Protestant.jpg (469 KB, 1784x1024) Image search: [Google]
Christian vs Protestant.jpg
469 KB, 1784x1024
>>27532662
>protestantism
Not even once.
>>
>>27536773
Glad to be part of the Neo-Hindu shamanic tribe brother
>>
How about reason and ethics. REASON AND ETHICS. Don't need a stupid religion to bash our heads into.
>>
>>27536557
>bad parenting, and poor social skills
Can be improved on with effort/ choice/ dedication.
Yep, it is still their own choice/ fault.

>and does not suffer from clear mental illness of some kind
Makes it harder, but doesn't put it out of your own control. (cf. CBT).
>>
File: original-1.jpg (1 MB, 1892x2836) Image search: [Google]
original-1.jpg
1 MB, 1892x2836
Daily reminder that the Shroud of Turin is in fact Jesus' burial cloth.

>b-but they dated it back to the 13th century!
The sample was part of a later repair, the dating contradicts other evidence, the sample was contaminated by bacteria, smoke or reactive carbon and the calculations were done incorrectly. You can verify all of my statements.

Studies on the radiocarbon sample from the shroud of Turin:
http://www.shroud.it/ROGERS-3.PDF

Raymond N. Rogers' observations and conclusions:
http://shroudnm.com/docs/2013-01-10-Yannick-Cl%C3%A9ment-Reflections-on-Ray-Rogers-Shroud-Work.pdf

Shroud-like coloration of linen by nanosecond laser pulses in the vacuum ultraviolet (it explains that they replicated the shroud's qualities using laser pulsations, which so far is the only way anyone has been able the replicate the shroud's qualities):
http://www.sindone.info/DILAZZA3.PDF

Also, secular Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journal Articles on the Shroud of Turin:
http://shroud.typepad.com/topics/2005/10/secular_peerrev.html

Nuclear imaging:
http://shroud.com/pdfs/whanger.pdf
http://www.shroud.com/pdfs/accett2.pdf

3D holographic information:
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2009/847/
http://www.ohioshroudconference.com/papers/p24.pdf
>>
>>27536741
>We don't need no book to bash our head into.
That's not how it works but ok +1 to logic
>>27536773
>Mormonism
>I'm right you're wrong
Add another to the 10000000000000 versions saying the same thing.
Checkmate
>>
>>27536773
But Mormonism has four books. The Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenant, and Pearl of Great Price.
>>
>>27536854
Are any of these peer-reviewed?
>>
>>27536773
>Mormonism
Joseph Smith was literally deceived by a false angel of light (Moroni); Satan's workers are great mimickers.

>For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
>>
>>27536975
Absolutely, I wouldn't link them if they weren't, that'd be shooting myself in the foot.
>>
>>27536808

>What is lutheranism?

-_-

Evangelical retards aren't the only protestants.
As well, origenes, as much as I like him, was traditionally regarded as an heretic.
>>
>>27536952
They ignore what hey don't like and cherry pick what they want teaching
>Ignores the other 62 books in the bible
Top kek!
>>
I will never be able to truly believe in God.
>>
>>27537087
Probably would help if they weren't divided into a million different gods claiming the same thing.

Just saying.
>>
>go to YSA group at church for the first time
>awkward styanding around while everybody chats
>a few friendly folks come introduce themselves then go back to their groups
>I guess the event for tonight playing dodgeball
>Didnt realize we had the option to not play
>end up playing
>Stand around doing nothing for a few rounds
>let the ball hit me so I could stand to the side
>last round of the night
>My standing around resulted in me beingf the last person on my team
>Other team is one person too
>a cute girl
>throw the ball at her hoping she will catch it
>it hits her right in the face and sends her glasses flying
FUCK
>>
>>27536808
What does that have to do with the video I posted?

Are you denying that Jesus died for your sins?
>>
>>27537028
I think it's just supposed to be a dumb meme image. Even Catholics know most Protestants aren't young earth creationists.
>>
>>27537214
You are a protestant heretic. Everything you say goes directly into the trash.

Aren't you that pentecostal autist from /x/ who goes by the name ''Prince of the Most High'' btw? He (you?) posted that exact same video yesterday.
>>
>>27537198
Did they hoist you up into the air chanting your name in victory?
>>
>>27537215
>Catholics know most Protestants aren't young earth creationists
I don't know that actually.
>>
>>27537198
What kind of church? I was in a group for people my age but it was just bros talking about DnD and video games while we ate free food the church supplied.
>>
>>27537249
No, but I like that guy. Haven't been to /x/ in a while but I used to talk to him a lot on there. Glad to hear he's still posting

Not my fault you deny the gospel
>>
>>27537270
Yeah I know it's super surprising since there's Protestants who don't believe in it yet there are Catholics that do and vice versa. It's like it isn't a unique phenomenon to just one part of Christianity.
>>
>>27537249
Catholics and protestants and every other silly fucking denomination condenm each other with your squabbling

>hurrrr god and jesus surely intended for us to be bickering petty cunts
>they must be proud of me being a flaming faggot telling everyone else they're wrong
>>
>>27537289
>Not my fault you deny the gospel
Not gonna take that bait.

Anyways, allow me to destroy his pentecostalist bs which you admire:

''And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?''

''And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.''

Acts 2:4-11

''If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.''

1 Corinthians 14:27-28

''For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.''

1 Corinthians 14:33
>>
File: 95 Theses.jpg (134 KB, 1072x736) Image search: [Google]
95 Theses.jpg
134 KB, 1072x736
>>27537363
>every other silly fucking denomination
Those are all protestant.

The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church was established by Jesus Christ himself and I am talking about the Catholic Church, of course.
>>
>>27537387
I'm not really sure what the point you're trying to prove is, but since we're just throwing out bible verses apparently I'll join in

Mark 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
>>
>>27537454
Kek

Catholics still butthurt
Just couldn't handle the bantz
>>
>>27537387
I brought this up to my Pentecostal uncle over lunch but he refused to listen. It just saddens me since he has my grandfather believing that nonsense now.
>>
>>27537214
>>27537249
>>27537269
>>27537270
>>27537289
>>27537322
>>27537363
>>27537387
>>27537454
>>27537483
>>27537483
>>27537497
And the fight continues within there own beliefs!
>>
>>27537483
>just throwing out bible verses
I am showing you that the ''speaking in tongues'' nonsense = just speaking in actual languages you never learned such as greek, latin, aramaic, hebrew etc. and not babbling nonsense
>>
>>27537454
A guy who washes the feet of the poor gives a fuck about what denomination someone belongs to.

You either cuck yourself or what jesus represents and you should have enough self awareness to know which answer you should choose.
>>
>>27537548
In-fighting goes on in everything. It isn't exactly unique to Christianity. Even /r9k/ itself has constant in-fighting.
>>
>>27537551
I don't believe in the "speaking in tongues" stuff though and I don't think that Prince of the Most High guy does either...matter of fact I've seen him talk about what nonsense it is and post links talking about how stupid it all is. That's why I say I'm not sure what the point you're trying to make is, we were talking about the Gospel and now we're talking about something else entirely
>>
>>27531978
ChristChan, if I wasn't a humble believer in our Lord.
I'd become a freemason, do demiurge works for Hiram,
work my way up to success and never find time to browse /r9k/

Right now I've been clean from /d/ for 3 weeks, and I already feel better.

I wouldn't have envy if not for the pressure my friends and family lay on me.
I'm not targeting my envy to any specific individual, so is it really envy/sin?
>>
>>27537616
>I don't think that Prince of the Most High guy does either.
He does, that's why I brought it up.

He's a roleplaying autist though, yesterday I caught him pretending to be a satanist and pro-Islam.
>>
File: PW7kLQA.jpg (463 KB, 1362x779) Image search: [Google]
PW7kLQA.jpg
463 KB, 1362x779
>>27531978
christcucks/religious retards should seriously be permabanned from 4chan
>>
>>27537544
It's like showing a tattooed man who calls himself Christian Leviticus 19:28.

I mean, the scripture is pretty clear, now it's just a matter of denial.

As for this ''speaking in tongues'' insanity, babbling gibberish while acting like a demonic possessed freak is so blatantly heretic that quoting the scripture is not even necessary. I really can't believe it's actually a thing.
>>
>>27537454
You know Protestantism isn't all bad. Without it we may have never gotten Johann Sebastian Bach, a devout Lutheran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAJ4Be5cMWY
>>
>>27537654
What Jesus Christ meant by ''turn the other cheek'' is that we shouldn't fight over trivial matters, he wasn't saying that if you're getting stabbed to death you should just freeze or if your sister is getting raped in front of you that you should spread your buttcheeks you braindead /pol/tard.
>>
File: Cure_for_christianity.jpg (16 KB, 350x549) Image search: [Google]
Cure_for_christianity.jpg
16 KB, 350x549
>>27537693
kill yourself so you can meet your sky daddy
>>
>>27537645
Oh, well maybe he's changed his mind on that then. I do think that not everything he believes is entirely true, but hey no one's perfect. I admire that he still spreads the core of the Gospel even though he gets roasted by people, even fellow Christians like you

And I haven't seen any of his posts in probably over a month, so I guess I can't really speak on the things he's said lately
>>
>>27537672
Whoopty fuckin doo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_Church_musicians

Also relevant:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_science
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jesuit_scientists
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_scientists
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_cleric-scientists

Watch this too:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZDj5nM0KbdUTEpoka1oyAR8BtHfIiVJm

God Bless the Holy Catholic Church.
>>
>>27537741
Why do Catholics believe their actions and deeps are more powerful than Christ's sacrifice on the cross?
>>
>>27537812
*deeds
>>
>>27537812
>DUDE IF I'M A DRUGGIE CHILD RAPIST SERIAL KILLER BUT SAY THAT I LOVE JESUS I'M SAVED FOREVER AND GOING TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD LMAO
'no'
>>
>>27537741
I never denied the influence of the Catholic Church but it's sad and pathetic that the Catholics on 4chan have to brag about their achievements while insulting Protestants and Orthodox who have also contributed in many ways.
>>
>>27537846
>brag
Never.
>insulting Protestants
Mock them, yes.
>insulting Orthodox
Never.

I don't know about pseudo-Catholic cringey ''doos voolt xD'' /pol/tards though.
>>
>>27537844
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Are you without sin?
Why can't Catholics just answer straight foward questions?
>>
>>27531978
Wow, good righteous values are so abundant in the religious community, like when catholic priests rape and abuse little boys, when old Protestant pastors abuse and rape teenage girls, when preachers preach hate against the LGBT community then have a profile on Grindr, when Muslims kill and rape thousands on a yearly basis in the name of Islam and literally run two fucking planes into two towers, when radical Buddhists in Indonesia kill in the name of their religion, and the Jewish and Islamic people in the middle east tear each other part. This isn't even mentioning the parts of the bible where God sends a bear kills children for mocking an old dude, it say that rape victims have to marry their rapists, and that we should be put to death for working on Sunday. Yeah. Fuckig great you piece of shit
>>
File: Sancta Mater Dolorosa.jpg (382 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Sancta Mater Dolorosa.jpg
382 KB, 800x1200
>>27537846
>Protestants who have contributed in many ways
By putting up billboards such as pic related claiming that the end of the world is every year? By being the street-preaching lunatics? By being the ''Christian'' terrorists? By being the KKK? By being the Young-Earth creationists? By being the producers of garbage such as ''God's Not Dead'', ''Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas'', etc.? By having created countless heretic denominations? They are the cancer of Christianity, don't know the scripture and have no respect for the Blessed Virgin Mary.

>>27537908
No I am not without sin. Why are you pretending that I'm ignoring questions?
>>
>>27537959
>implying atheists don't commit horrible acts
>>
>>27537846
>>27537987
>billboards such as pic related

and atheists love it because they can easily attack Christianity by focusing on heretic protestants who embarrass themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcPEy-QKuQU
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.