[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that people need a steady supply of work to live well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12
File: 1425955769302.jpg (41 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1425955769302.jpg
41 KB, 409x409
Is it true that people need a steady supply of work to live well? I've seen what happens to lazy people; they fail to do anything meaningful and often become depressed. Are we just natural wageslaves?
>>
>>27530684
No, that just happens to poor people. If you're rich then you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>27530684
Not necessarily work, but income. You really don't even need that if you can find a way to sustain yourself without much money and just "live off the land".

Also NEETs aren't lazy. They just have zero motivation to get up off their ass
>>
>>27530710
Ok so trust fund babies not included. How do you get rich?
>>
>>27530741
(Luck * Opportunity) + Hardwork = Rich.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 844x1016) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 844x1016
>>27530720
>NEETs aren't lazy. They just have zero motivation to get up off their ass
>aren't lazy
zero motivation to get up off their ass
are you trolling, deluded, or both?
>>
>>27530684

Work staves off depression because wagies get to pretend they're part of a "society" and that they're being "productive", even when they finish the day's work in 10% of the time they're there

We are social animals and that psychological reinforcement that you're "normal" and "productive" can do wonders for your self-esteem
>>
You need the means to keep yourself alive, first off. It's so much easier to have structure in your life when you're working, kills a lot of birds with one stone.

>>27530720
He's right, you know. It helps if there's a carrot on the end of the stick, too bad I can't see past the end of my own nose.

>>27530839
touche, my man
>>
The situation is really muddied up by a lack of words. Some truly are natural wagecucks and need to be told every little thing like when to use the potty or eat lunch. Wagecucks don't actually work though. They just kill time, do their master's bidding, and collect a check. Hourly cuck, salary cuck, even many entrepreneur cucks are this way. They are only in it because primarily they aren't smart enough to do something on their own and they justify with the weak excuse of muh money.

The neet has passions, projects, real and actually meaningful work. Quite the opposite of the cucks, a neet gets so lost is his work he is told it's time to quit, or at least take a break to eat.

The biggest indicator is how they handle free time. If they say they hate doing good things because they can only think of sitting at home staring at a wall they are a cuck who needs an employer. If they hate being in employment because it keeps them from their work then they are true neet gods. Many unfortunate neets are stuck in employment. This is where early retirement and financial independence groups come in. It is quite easy to retire within 10 years if you have a job paying above the average 40k/yr.the only reason people don't is because not enough investments is their excuse to keep working.
>>
File: 1622838394.jpg (262 KB, 1000x518) Image search: [Google]
1622838394.jpg
262 KB, 1000x518
>>27530878
Why would anyone SANE bother contributing to the system when you can simply take from the system and laugh at how wagies are getting cucked by the very system they've dedicated their lives to.

Now hurry up wagecucks. I need you to contribute to my NEETbux so I can book a holiday to a sunny resort in Hawaii.

Until then, another day, another dollar!
>>
>>27530873
Well i work because if i didn't i would be dead broke and dependant on my parents. I barely even talk at work
>>
>>27530911
You don't seem to understand what NEET means.
>>
File: 1357777861179.jpg (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1357777861179.jpg
53 KB, 300x300
>>27530932
>NEET
>ever being able to afford going to a holiday resort
Your cuckbucks can barely afford you food and shelter, what makes you think you're going to be able to afford going to Hawaii for any amount of time without sacrificing petty comforts for a long time?
>>
>>27530947

Not in employment, education, or training is what I always thought it meant. This leaves only personal projects and passions. Art, science, philosophy, physical training, and whatever else the neet enjoys. It's not my fault cucks hijacked the word work. Work really describes what neets do far better than it describes what cucks do.
>>
>>27530966

Right right, you cucks have so very very big penis. Oh I'm so jealous big penis. Please return to working so I may have my pittance to live on. I don't enjoy steak and fine wines but it's all I can afford.
>>
>>27530999
Only a tiny minority of NEETs do projects. There are more that just spend their time drinking and smoking while watching TV.
>>
File: 18293904.jpg (35 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
18293904.jpg
35 KB, 450x300
>>27530966
When you're an enlightened NEET, you have all the time and money in the world.

Nos te ipslum brother.
>>
File: 1440863437454.jpg (57 KB, 416x359) Image search: [Google]
1440863437454.jpg
57 KB, 416x359
>>27530999
>This leaves only personal projects and passions. Art, science, philosophy, physical training
>Work really describes what neets do far better than it describes what cucks do.
ok
>>
Daily reminder: The average day in the life of the neet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA
>>
>>27530940
>Well i work because if i didn't i would be dead broke and dependant on my parents. I barely even talk at work

Right but the OP was asking why work prevents depression.
>>
File: 1313261838221[1].jpg (204 KB, 683x797) Image search: [Google]
1313261838221[1].jpg
204 KB, 683x797
>>27530999
>The neet has passions, projects, real and actually meaningful work
You have an overly romantic and ignorant view of NEETdom.
If a man truly has passion and skill, he will find a way to profit off of them.
If a man has passions but cannot employ himself with them, then what makes him any less of a cuck?
100% of NEETs do not have passions, they have shallow interests that they cannot intellectually develop further into truly meaningful work or gainful employment. Reading books in your free time and jerking off to hentai are not passions, they are past-times that the mentally stunted choose to let consume them because they are stunted individuals that refuse to accept the petty employment that their ability can handle. NEETbux are just an official government statement that you are so cucked that the law deems you can have a participation award for being alive.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27530684
This is an interesting question and observation.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x400
>>27530932
most workers are paid in a salary structure, not wage
the only people who do wage work their whole life are poor people; wagecucks v neetcucks is just one brand of poor losers v another denomination of poor losers
t. skilled labor salary master race
>>
File: 1359945237942.jpg (20 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1359945237942.jpg
20 KB, 512x384
>wageslavery is meaningful work
>all work is wageslavery
>>
>>27531111

Most wageslaves have 0 passion for their work and spend all day dreaming of going home and jerking off to hentai in their comfy room.
>>
File: 1456116103932.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456116103932.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
Well shit, looks like I really triggered the cucks

>>27531033

All neets have projects. Only wagies do nothing but passive consumption of media, drugs, and then their job until they can finally get back to their meaningless life of consumption.

>>27531047

I'm glad you agree. It may not me too late. What would you like to do if you could work instead of cuck?

>>27531111

You have an overly simplified and ignorant view of neetdom. Most neets could find a way to profit from their passion and skill. If a man has passion but does not use them to find employment he is the antithesis of the cuck.
A good rule for neet life is when considering to do anything, pretend you will get no financial compensation, and when making a purchase assume it costs nothing. Completely removing money from the equation helps you to see things clearly and for what they are.
Writing books, drawing hentai, experimenting in high yield high efficiency automated farming methods or exploring novel fermentation and distillation techniques, these are all things the neets do. Granted I can't draw for shit but I have played with graphic design a little bit. The neet is the modern day Renaissance man.
>>
>>27531111
>jerking off to hentai are not passions
Nice quads but I'm afraid you're wrong on this one. Jerking to hentai is true passion.
>>
>>27530878
Read that as
>You need the memes to keep yourself alive
>>
>>27531364
>All neets have projects
Yeah but they don't.
>>
>>27531716

No matter how many times you say that it won't become true. Why are you so threatened by neets in the first place? Just live and let live mang. We've all made our choices in life. You should be more secure in the path you chose. If not then just change it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.