[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people get so butthurt by name/tripfags? Nowhere on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: notanon.jpg (281 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
notanon.jpg
281 KB, 540x960
Why do people get so butthurt by name/tripfags?

Nowhere on the FaQ does it say 4chan is an anonymous imageboard.

Pic related
>>
newfag here.

what is a tripfag?
>>
>>27530358
Because they're all attention hungry snowflakes and no one likes that.
>>
because nobody cares how much of a special snowflake you are on a site built around anonymous posting

valid uses of tripcodes
>identifying yourself as thread's OP when providing content

invalid uses of tripcode
>heeeeeyyyyy guuuys i'm so random xD here's my personal bloggg xDD
>>
>>27530358
It says you must "read and agree to the terms of the disclaimer".

Clearly you've never read it. One of the terms is no tripfagging.
>>
I think tripcodes were meant to distinguish OPs who are posting quality content, ie sometime telling a hilarious greentext story over multiple posts.

They were NOT meant for shitty attention-whoring underaged cunts to advertise their fucking amazon wishlist and contribute absolutely nothing to the board.
>>
>>27530399
>nobody cares how much of a special snowflake you are
Clearly a lot of people care since there's always butthurt with tripfags.
>>
>>27530428
has it ever crossed your mind that people take their tripcode off afterwards and reply to themselves, to make it look like they're getting attention, simply so other people will join in?

a ton of tripfags has been caught doing that
>>
>>27530399
Nowhere does it say this site was built around anonymous posting.

There is no verified right or wrong way to trip. Because it upsets you or others makes no difference
>>
>>27530358
Depends on the board. Places like /fit/ or /ic/ might only give respect to tripfags that have actually showed they worked their ass and deserve to have some sort of recognition. Instead, places like /r9k/ consider trips as attention whoring.

>>27530428
Kek
>>
>>27530485
An even more weren't, face it, people love giving them attention without their intervention. There's always someone ready to put down a tripfag which is feeding into their ego.

You're part of the problem, you don't know when to ignore them.
>>
>>27530485
I bet a trip made this thread.
wasn't me I swear
>>
>>27530485
Some may have done that but you're out of your mind if you think every situation is like that. There's just too much asshurt over them.
>>
>>27530518
>You're part of the problem, you don't know when to ignore them.
where did i even say that i give them free replies?
How did you come up with that conclusion?
>>
>>27530399
This. A trip should never extend outside a single thread.
>>
I've been here since 2007 and I've never given a shit whether someone used a trip or not. Not even once. I don't care if someone is attention seeking, who gives a fuck? I just filter them if they're annoying shits and move on.
>>
File: 1457576371724.png (504 KB, 1132x2220) Image search: [Google]
1457576371724.png
504 KB, 1132x2220
>>27530371
a tripfag is a user using a tripcode when posting, it shows your identity on the site.
you know those posts you see that show a name instead of "Anonymous" and various letters of numbers afterwards? That's one
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.