[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Teach something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 19
File: 1399710983334.jpg (98 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1399710983334.jpg
98 KB, 600x600
Tell something interesting, useful or cool to know
>>
>>27530056
Nobody on this board suffers from autism or social anxiety
>>
>mixing sulfur with peroxide causes heat
>drinking it will warm your insides and make you get the tingles
>also good for warming the hands during winter
>>
>>27530066
this, specially

>>>>>>>>>>>'social anxiety'

unless you've been househound for 6+ months and didn't finish highschool or arent at uni/didn't even attempt uni or college otherwise you're just a shy little beta butterfly and you need to FUCK OFF
>>
>>27530056
Cats usually rub their head on you to tell other people/cats that you belong to them. They do it extensively on babies because babies are more often touched by other humans so they tend to think the baby doesn't belong to them enough.
As another sign of acceptance, cats sometimes sleep on babies head that ends in killing them.
I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose though, those 4-legged balls of fur want to dominate our planet
>>
>>27530066
But I do, anon, I've literally been diagnosed with autism.
>>
>some bakeryfags will put applesauce in their cookies and cake mix to keep the insides moist and as a substitute for sugar
>>
>>27530056

For virgins : sex is overrated and relationships are underrated.

Never put the pussy on a pedestal.

Oneitis don't exist, you compensate the lack of interaction with the opposite sex by subliming someone that's not exceptionnal at all.

Take it easy anon.
>>
Pigs' poo is not as good as cows' ad a fertilizer
>>
Baking soda is an amazing product and you can do so much with it it's not even fun.
>>
>>27530203
All of this might be true and still not helpful in any way at all. There are some things you can only truly see in retrospect.
>>
>you cannot fold most papers in half over 7 times
>>
Asperger doesn't exist, it' both an argument for big pharma to sell you speed and the perfect excuse for you to be lazy.

Google will dominate the planet in less than 10 years and will be the biggest step to a ne world order with contralized information.

You can't be in ah ealthy relationship if you're having too strong peronal struggles. Work on yourself before working on a relationship.
>>
File: 1451916223803.png (759 KB, 451x800) Image search: [Google]
1451916223803.png
759 KB, 451x800
I have failed in everything in life, i have nothing to teach. the only accomplishment i have is having a 5k mmr, which is getting common.

You can skip this entire part if you dont play m8

I'll list down some basic tips for dota that will differentiate the tiers in dota

tier 1k: extremely basic last hitting or auto attacking creeps. No map awareness, no tps, no ganks and items purchased are from suggestions. No defense even though it is called defense of the ancients, go figure.

tier 2k: last hitting is semi-decent, rare tps are held by teammates, items are not shift-clicked for quick buy, once in a blue moon courier.

tier 3k:tps are held sometimes, there are supports in this tier. map awareness is decent, warding is occasional but are probably at bad locations, no dewards. Invisible heroes can still get away as this tier does not like to buy true sight. last hitting is relatively good as compared to the past. couriers are bought. No stacks.

tier 4: tps are held most of the time, items are mostly quickbuyed, definite couriers. People enjoy getting core heroes most of the time as everyone starts to distrust each other due to bad experiences. smurfs start to appear, map awareness is ok, but decision making skills start to matter here(pushing, farming, ganking). stacking skill start to appear. Lane control with creeping is an advanced skill seldom seen here.

Tier 5k: Meta heroes are here and picked constantly(od/spec). All players know most of the lane mechanics(lane control creeping/stacking in spare time/ zoning/ last hits with tower attacks) people who support to this tier are good, dont underestimate them. Wards are constant, dewards are constant, wards are normally placed in unique and good locations, difficult to deward and true sight is almost always held. Reaction timing here is quick, expect quick hexes. Farming speed is quick in this tier. weakness of 5k heroes is giving up too easily, due to pro players destroying their items after crappy start.
>>
If your dog ever eats something really poisonous, force feed him a little hydrogen peroxide; it induces vomiting.

Never eat the liver of a polar bear if you're starving out in the arctic tundra. You will die of hypervitaminosis.

Silver sulfadiazine is god-tier burn/wound cream. You usually need it by prescription, but if some kind soul gives you a thing of their personal stash, never give it up.
>>
>>27530225
Baking soda is also one of the best treatments for kidney issues.
>>
>>27530095
yup, this is true. Can recommend.
>>
Putting your whole body into a punch by pivoting your foot, tuning your hips, and snapping your wrist makes it much stronger
>>
>>27530282
3k player here, 3k is more like what you described 4k to be, except for the map awareness.
>>
>>27530107
Literally been housebound for 7 years

Do I qualify?
>>
>>27530302
>tuning

*turning
>>
>>27530282
Whom ever that is, she is sexy
>>
if you ever have a really bad hangover/seriously drunk or even have a stomachaches, go to your chinatown and buy po chai pills. this ching chong pills is a miracle pill.

testified by a ching chong.
>>
If you feel the need to sneeze in piblic or during any situation where it would be embarassing, just push the tip of your tongue against your palate, and keep your head down / neutral.

If you need to sneeze and want to trigger it, lift your head up.
>>
Stroke it while thinking of money
>>
>>27530271
There are a lot of other companies with an access to large chunks of information. Information is important, yes, but Google is not able to access all of it directly.
>>
>>27530056

I like these threads, thank opee
>>
>>27530348
>>sneeze in piblic or during any situation where it would be embarrassing

I don't think there is any situation where sneezing is embarrassing
>>
Learn? Nah you'll get trivia shit.

>In Dark Souls Black Knight weapons do bonus damage against demons
>In the first season of Blackadder they had only one writer, who wasn't sure how to cement the Blackadder character
>the movie Chopping Mall's original title was "Kill Bots"
>Electric Six released their 11th studio album last year titled "Bitch, Don't Let Me Die!"
>The Mask comic, unlike it's following movie counter-part, is actually very violent
>>
>>27530377
>Electric Six released their 11th studio album last year titled "Bitch, Don't Let Me Die!"

is it any good?
>>
>>27530095
Have tried this before. Works like a charm.
>>
>>27530373

during a meeting of if you don't have tissue around you
>>
>mint will repel most rodents
>doing ass-to-grass squats increases the likelyhood of getting cysts in the tailbone area and anus
>most acid mixtures can be made into a powdered form. Most are white-ish. Should a druggie degenerate ever wrong you switch it with/sell it to them as cocaine
>looking at the color blue increases the strength of an orgasm
>if your non-existent gf gets pregnant and is within the first month, giving her high doses of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) will induce a period, forcefully stoping a pregancy with no real harm
>during late pregnancy it causes full miscarriage
>vitamin c also increases female sex drive, but causes more severe periods
>it is suggested that dogs and cats can see some shades of blue, green, and yellow, but nothing red
>mixing ketchup and grape jelly is a good substitute for bbq sauce. They taste nearly identical.
>>
>>27530183
>diagnosed
puhlease, everyone has been "diagnosed" some dumbass meme condition at some point in their lives.
>>
>>27530310
Hmmm... another 10 years
>>
>>27530467
>if your non-existent gf gets pregnant and is within the first month, giving her high doses of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) will induce a period, forcefully stoping a pregancy with no real harm

kek i remember that thread

>looking at the color blue increases the strength of an orgasm

How so ?
>>
File: ichiko.jpg (67 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
ichiko.jpg
67 KB, 374x250
if you ever feel your balls itchy, try acting as if you are digging your pockets for something important.

if you ever feel embarrassed by something, think whether would it affect you 10 years from now. if it doesnt, people probably wouldn't remember it.

if girls are constantly adjusting their appearance while talking to a male, they are most likely interested in the guy.

you should almost always get straight slim jeans, never wear baggy jeans unless you're the next snoop dogg. if you cant fit in slim jeans, time to start exercising.

For tee shirts, sleeves should be properly fitting, around 1/3 to 1/2 length from your shoulder to your elbow. Remember that a well-fitting tee shirt and jeans is staple. the more minimalist the better.

If you ever want to attract a woman at all, cut your hair, brush your teeth, and shave. you can choose not to shave, but i bet all of you look like faggots with your shitty jawline anyway.

Please bathe.
>>
>>27530444
I usually hold my sneezes in, which causes me to mildly jolt, but I don't need a tissue. Feels good though
>>
>>27530095
Diluted doses are super tier fleshlite lube. Right combo of tingling and hot wet glide. Its a feeling youll never forget. Halfnhalf with water for best temp.
>>
>>27530534
don't do this your knuckles will explode into mustard gas
>>
>>27530235

I am aware of it, even if I haven't experienced it yet. Is it helpful? No.
>>
>>27530287
I'll remember that tip next time I'm starving in the arctic tundra and manage to kill a polar bear thanks
>>
>>27530514
Something about the how the optic nerve sends the singal to the brain and how it interprets it
>>
>>27530555
Only if you add copper and ammonia.
Sulfur and peroxide is just heat and maybe a tiny poof of smoke. Cigarette smoke is more dangerous.
>chemistfag here
>>
>>27530321

Whoever that is*
If you can answer it with he/she, use who. If you can answer it with his/her, use whom.
>>
>>27530519
>For tee shirts, sleeves should be properly fitting, around 1/3 to 1/2 length from your shoulder to your elbow
thanks for this
>>
>>27530393
I wouldn't be the best to ask, they're my favorite band.
I can tell you what I think their weakest album is, "Zodiac". I liked a good deal of songs but I didn't like how most of them just had half the song be instrumental that just ends up 'fading out'. It's like they forgot to write lyrics for half of the song, if you catch my meaning.
If you wanna know how most of their stuff sounds, they are the band behind the songs "Gay Bar" and "Danger! High Voltage", both from their first album "Fire"
>>
File: ichiko2.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ichiko2.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
>>27530604
learning something new erryday, thanks mate.
>>
>>27530519

> but i bet all of you look like faggots with your shitty jawline anyway.

My shitty goatee, beard or whatever the pubic hair on my face forms helps hiding my awful jawline.
>>
>>27530066
im not sure about social anxiety but i agree with autism
THIS is autism
https://youtu.be/j4PTf7LgsIE
>>
>carbon monoxide is the comfyest way to an hero. Easy, clean, and easily can be made to look accidental if your worried what others may think of you offing yourself after your gone.
>>
>>27530636

Autism became synonymous for "he enjoys/does things I don't" on here years ago.
>>
>>27530670

>needs a car
>needs a driver license to rent a car
>>
>>27530687
Or an older model space heater. Didnt some nignog family get wiped out from a gasoline space heater? Thot i saw that on /pol/...
>>
>>27530302
lol theres a lot to a punch that takes practice and form. Putting your whole body into it means you have to be flexing your entire back, shoulders and core to engage your entire body in the force of your punch.

better tips for beginners : keep your wrists tight so they dont bend (especially flex around the pinky but dont curl your fingers too hard). And try hitting a punching bag with some weight to it so you get used to pushing your punch with your entire body
>>
>>27530203
>sex is overrated and relationships are underrated

I found it the other way around from personal experience. Maybe that one depends on you and your preferences more.
>>
>>27530095
Its really good for hypothermia if dranken since it warms from the inside. Causes mild nausea tho.
>>
>>27530604
That was on reddit yesterday faggot
>>
>>27530811
maybe you should go back there then you worthless piece of shit
>>
It never gets better, we're all just waiting for the inevitable.
>>
>>27530811

>reddit invented the english language

You're like one of those people making fun of someone for being in a gay club.
>>
>>27530203
Ok but when you can't get either it's a useless bit of information. Since both require a certain level of physical attractiveness.
>>
>>27530282
Hey, I main supp at 5-5.8k mmr. And have also got to Dia 4 in LoL before starting Dota 2. I play supp exclusively.

Here's some tips and tricks.
>learn to pull, stack and most importantly maintain lane control.
Watch vids to learn the times and spots for the first two, use them consciously with your lane and it's placement, sometimes your presence on lane is more important than attempting these, make sure to always communicate with your ADC before you leave him alone on lane. Also pulling when the creep line is at or within a wave of your turret is not a smart thing to do. ward that enemy pull camp and stack camp, tilt them. Get your adc the early game farm and xp advantage, that's your job.

>Items are not your main goal, or even your secondary goal.
It is okay to have upgraded boots and one expensive supp item, or two inexpensive ones. As long as you maintain vision throughout the game and purchase an upgraded courier as soon as possible. Your first buy should include a tango one or two of which you give to your mid, two wards, one of which you give to your offlaner. and of course a courier.

>Git gud.
This means you need to take denying as seriously as an adc takes his last hitting. You can also start hitting your minions at half hp, do this often and in combination with pulling to give your lane an easy 1-2 lvl advantage throughout the early game. It also means that you need to always be a presence in teamfights. get good with the support kits as most of them can be pretty op in combination with smart item purchases. Getting good at team fights is what determines having gold for a support, you need that gold. at any levels most support kits are still useful if played smart as long as you are relatively the same level range as the opponent or higher.

Continued...
>>
>>27531394
nice job, its hard to find someone who supports as well at 5k to 6k tier.
>>
>>27531394
Contd

>Remaining Relevant requires Timing and Mobility.
Timing is where the patrician supp differs from the plebeian supp. if your lane control is being contested you need to be pulling or harassing and denying to remedy that, if your enemy laner(s) are elsewhere and your lane control is secured, you need to be leaving your adc with that solo xp, and ganking or warding or stacking. Be aware of enemy ganks and always counter them, keep your eye on the map to see when the enemy supp slips off to ward, and go deward them, tilt your enemy at any given chance. Mobility is a must, tps should be bought frequently and utilised generously. dropping one for your team-mates if they get caught contesting runes in the early game is also a good thing to do. Buy good boots at the right times, this usually means boots within the first 5 minutes at least, and mana boots for most supps within 10. Upgrade them to guardian greaves before late game. Other boots are viable for certain supps but if you don't already know everything in this post off the top of your head you don't know when and with what champs to buy them yet, so don't do it. combining these things helps you maintain lvls with people in the game, since you need to be getting your xp from the lane, from the jungle when you pull, from the lanes when you gank successfully, which will also determine weather you have gold to maintain your warding and item purchasing.

Vision is Victory.
Pretty well known, not very well implemented. Wards aren't infinite, know this, buying them in bulk and placing all at once is retarded. DO IT smart, two wards on the side of the map your contesting objectives in, one at a good choke point on the other side of the map is a solid thing to do. Study the terrain before you place your wards and compare the different options you have . Think of how the next few minutes of the game might go, what engagements might be fought and what targets might be contested, ward accordingly.

cont
>>
>>27530056
"Travail" which comes from French and means "work" in French actually comes from Latin: "tripalium" that was a torture instrument.
>>
>>27531659
>True Vision and Team vision.
If vision was Charmander these guys would be, Charmeleon and Charizard respectively. Sentry wards are infinite this means you have no excuse for not maintaining dewarding advantage on the map, check your map for the enemy supp or anyone they give wards to for when they go off to ward/deward, go tilt them once they are done. You need to be extra try hard about this. If an enemy has an invisible Hero, you need to be putting at least half your income into rue vision and half your time into warding anywhere that fucker might go. ALSO DUST AT ALL TIMES AND LATER GEM YOU CHEAP SHIT. Team vision is communicating with your team and giving them wards to ward the spots that need to be warded that are close enough to where the objectives they are after are. This requires networking really, since it is almost impossible to do in solo queue, you need at least 1/2 premades for this to be anywhere successful. Communication is also key for proper scouting, you need to be keeping your eyes on that map more than your teammates since they are actively engaging most of the time and you need to be keeping them informed of the enemy movements you are seeing thanks to the wards you are placing. This will greatly help the team in making proper tactical decisions.

>Peripherals and Tilting
Buy smoke, It's there for a reason also mana pots for you and your teammates. Don't be cheap on your homies with those tangos and salves either. Get good as supp to tilt your enemy, always deward them, be a try hard with your healing lvls if you have them. Keep your ADC alive in those team fights. Keep that vision maintained to catch them off guard. And use the shortcuts, that means quick buying, chat keys and all those works, play a few customs and get used to these things.

And Finally

>NEVER LAST HIT OR TAKE A KILL

>>27531429
Thanks man, I know most people fail to realise it's what makes or breaks a game.
>>
>>27530056
In the bronze age, when people offered up items of value as a sacrifice to their gods/ancestors/whatever, they would damage them so as to 'kill' them, thus marking them as no longer of this world but the next
>>
>>27530056
Java is the only programming language with its own compiler, making it work on every operating system the same way and technically making it a scripting language.
>>
>>27532101
>with it's own compiler
Every language has a compiler. If you have a spec but no compiler then your language is not useful.

Java just runs in its own VM.

But fuck that language. Verbose OOP enforcing piece of shit.
>>
File: braum.png (833 KB, 1024x957) Image search: [Google]
braum.png
833 KB, 1024x957
I can teach you how to play Braum in League of Legends

I know how to play guitar but I can't really teach that via 4chan
>>
>>27533137
Yeah you right senpai, I've never really understood that fact well.
>>
File: 1458107987217.jpg (33 KB, 593x595) Image search: [Google]
1458107987217.jpg
33 KB, 593x595
>>27530348
Personally when I used to travel every morning in a crowded bus to get to high school, every time I felt like sneezing I would slowly start biting the inside of my lower lip with increasing strength until it began to hurt. Worked really well.
>>
Hydrogen peroxide is a relatively painless alternative to rubbing alchohol when it comes to cleaning cuts.

If shaving irritates your skin, try applying hydrocortisone cream regularly after you shave.

Just because you're a virgin doesn't mean you can't do something great with your life.
>>
>>27533435
Might as well post some Braum tips for us anon.
>>
Black people are only 13% of the US population yet are responsible for 53% of all murders nationwide.
>>
>>27533978
>>27533435
Braum's passive, which is not only a stun, but bonus magic damage, is extremely powerful early game. Make sure that your team, especially your ADC knows how it works. You'd be surprised. Q is an auto-attack reset. AA, Q, AA to get quick and easy stacks, and your ADC will only have to auto once to set it off.

>Braum's best ADC laning partners:
Jinx (early attack speed bonus + great synergy with chompers)

Ashe (double stun wombo combo)

Ezreal (his Q applies on-hit affects, which can trigger Braum's passive from far away.)

Vayne (even if you only get one stack of
concussive blows, 3 ticks of silver bolts will stun them and deal bonus damage on top of her true damage. Braum is good for chasing people down when Vayne is ahead, and for disengaging and protecting her when she's behind.)

Pro strats incoming:

Braum's shield not only blocks projectiles, but INTERCEPTS them. What that means is that putting up his shield in front of an ally turret when the enemy ADC/ranged champ is attacking it will make the turret think that they are attacking BRAUM and not the turret, and then it focuses its attacks at the enemy, not minions.

cont?
>>
>>27534038
That isn't factoring in the fact that the vast majority of those murders is black on black crime. You should be rejoicing over that fact. Food for though.
>>
File: 1458181060403.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1458181060403.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
There exists a compactly supported infinitely differentiable function whose integral is equal to 1.
This is very useful since it gives you a way to approximate irregular functions with a smooth version of them obtained via local integral averaging.
>>
queen elizabeth is a direct descendant of william the conqueror, who is a descendant of rollo the viking (from the show vikings)

queen elizabeth is literally a viking
>>
You can easily counteract against a depressive mood by loading some laundry into your washer, cleaning your room or picking up around your house.

This won't cure your depression but rather allow you to channel that sadness into anger at yourself for living in your own filth.
>>
use the subjunctive tense ('were') when expressing conditionals or wishes

Incorrect:
If I was a king I'd fuck a new bitch everyday.

Correct:
If I were a king I'd fuck a new bitch everyday.

Incorrect:
I wish I was a king.

Correct:
I wish I were a king.
>>
>>27534233
fuck it here's some more

>things to remember:

braum's shield blocks projectiles and damage from both single-target attacks and area of effect attacks, but it does NOT block the CC from anything. (i.e. blitzcrank can still pull you but you'll take reduced damage)

Lux's ult is NOT a projectile according to braum's shield

Braum's ult is an area of effect knockup for ally yasuo

on the topic of yasuo, if he throws a tornado at you, your shield will block it as if it were a projectile, so only you (should) only get knocked up, not your teammates behind you.

seems redundant, but shield does NOT reduce true damage. enemy vayne can still fuck you up. the physical damage from her auto attacks will be reduced, but the true damage from silver bolts will not.
>>
>>27534440
>1000 years ago
so is everyone else in europe, probably
>>
Bump more please I need learning
>>
File: 1451767660684.jpg (1 MB, 1312x863) Image search: [Google]
1451767660684.jpg
1 MB, 1312x863
>>27535002
About what ? Senpai original sama
>>
>>27530225
>Baking soda is an amazing product and you can do so much with it
Works great as underarm deodorant, mixed with a bit of water to form a paste. Much better than commercial deodorants IMO.

Just start with a tiny amount as it's quite basic and will actually burn your skin if you use too much.
>>
>>27530725
No
They put their (stolen) generator inside the house
>>
>>27534500

Explain. Because that sounds weird.
>>
>>27536696
>>27534500

If I were any smarter, I'd look it up myself. I just did. You were right.
>>
>>27530056
You can't have social anxiety right after you've just done an exhausting physical act, such as running.

You can't be afraid and relaxed at the same time. Imaging things that makes you afraid while forcefully relaxing extinguishes the fear over stimuli if done routinely for a longer period.
>>
The "Long Life Units" of Kyocera laser copiers and -printers usually don't even last half as many pages as they should.
>>
Croatia used to be a part of France way back in the day
>>
File: IMG_1361.jpg (134 KB, 944x786) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1361.jpg
134 KB, 944x786
Shrooms are the safest drugs (if used correctly).
>>
OK, this is for guitarists because I can't think of anything else

the wood your electric guitar is made out of does not affect the tone in any way, at best it is so subtle no one can tell the difference. wood only makes a difference with acoustic guitars because the guitar itself is amplifying the sound.

the electronics is where the tone comes from, pickups, amp, effects, and even the capasitors for the electronics in the guitar, all of these make more of a difference than the wood it is made out of. the type of saddles and the different metals used for them, along with the guitar nut material, make more of a difference than the wood.

may seem obvious to many, but there's a whole bunch of shit head tone wood guys that swear they can hear the difference between like alder and mahogany.
>>
>>27530467
>doing ass-to-grass squats increases the likelyhood of getting cysts in the tailbone area and anus
I've never heard of this. Where did you learn this?
>>
>>27530203
>you compensate the lack of interaction with the opposite sex by subliming someone that's not exceptionnal at all
Thats what an oneitis is. You probably meant
>Crushes don't exist, you compensate the lack of interaction with the opposite sex by subliming someone that's not exceptionnal at all.
>>
>>27530056
Running can help most of your problems.
>>
take zinc supplements.

It's great for men. Helps against balding, helps against prostate cancer, helps boost immune system.

Only thing is you should make sure your copper intake goes up as well, since long term zinc supplement can cause your body not to absorb copper and this is bad.
>>
>>27538013

You can't outrun a gun.
>>
>>27530729
>saying the exact same thing and adding something else and calling it better
>>
>In offset printing, the colors black and cyan are mixed to get a more "deeper" black
>paper turns yellow at the expose of sunlight because of the included lignin
>the first colors which vanish when exposed to sunlight are yellow and magenta
>>
When writing in AP style, all numbers up to 10 are written out in full. After that, use the character symbols

For example

>5 = five
>6 = six

And so on.

However, in the case of sports scores, use the character symbol instead of the written form

>"The Frogs beat the Wojacks 7 - 1 this Monday
>>
>>27533435
any way to teach a pleb some tips n tricks?
>>
>>27530066
Literally today

>be me
>sitting on couch in college canteen
>random qt comes over and sits down on the other side of the couch
>decent amount of room between us
>nevertheless I start to panic
>breathing heavily
>shaking
>sweating
>stand up to leave
>walk about 2 steps
>see her in the corner of my eye, she's looking at me
>my legs give and I collapse taking deep breaths
>>
>>27534233
>>27534663
Thanks for the tips anon. The intercepting projectiles one is quite interesting.
>>
When laundry soap commercials claim they'll make your clothes whiter, it actually means that they contain a small amount of UV dye so that the clothes fluoresce very slightly in sunlight and that makes them appear brighter and cleaner
>>
>Japanese work less hours than Americans on average
>>
After the invention of plate armor, dismounted knights rarely used 1 handed swords, instead weilding poleaxes and maces to crush and cripple their armoured foes

>in fact the Roman's Gladius was one of the only (non super thin) swords used primarily by common ground troops in field battles and seiges

the most simple, effective and commonly used weapon by infantry was the spear, as any man could use it and it gave good range which was important during pitch battles and benificial to formations

>the principle of the bow was discovered 15 000 years ago

most of this is probably false feel free to correct just going by top of head boys
>>
>>27539876
That's because you really need communists in the US... I mean, the only reason I don't want to live there is because of the lack of social rights.
>>
Multiple no-spin throwing knife styles use extremely similar logic, that being a removal of wrist action. Move your arm and not your wrist. You just need to use explosive force in your triceps to shoot your arm forward and let go of the blade. If you have your finger on the spine, and not the flat, stroke your pointer finger downward as you release (might take practice to not move wrist much with that). With enough practice you'll be able to no-spin throw any non blade-heavy knives or spikes/nails. Controlling wrist action makes you proficient in multiple styles(Thorn, Mumyou Ryu, etc) without specific practice.
This directly leads into underhand no-spin and horizontal.
Side effect, people will call you edgy until you get older. Middle aged guys are more likely to take it seriously.
>>
>>27539568
yikes. what happened next?
>>
>>27530066
this comment hurts my feelings. You can think I'm a piece of shit but at least accept I have social anxiety.
>>
>>27530203
>Never put the pussy on a pedestal.
Pussy should be on a pedestal, just don't put ONE pussy on the pedestal. Unless you're happily married I guess.
>>
>>27530056
Sea urchins have 5 gonadal sacks, and they release their gametes during the winters throught little holes on the top part of their shells
>>
>>27540005
I just got up and pace walked out of the building
>>
>>27540235
>Pussy should be on a pedestal

No. This is the reason those cunts get away with all the shit they do.

Stop being part of the problem.
>>
>>27540454
Ah, but I didn't sat anything about the useless skin around the pussy. You can put the pussy on a pedestal, just not the harpie that carries it.
>>
>>27540558

Learn how women work, brobot. The instant she senses she has something you want she knows she has the upper hand over you.

Stop giving women power. It only turns them into monsters.
>>
>>27540593
Many women have something I want, pussy is not a monopoly. You can use that against them, just look for the one who sells it cheaper than the others.
>>
You can put yourself into a mild trance by slowly shifting your attention, focusing attention first on 3 different objects around that you can see, then 3 things you can hear, then 3 things you can feel (ie. your ass on a chair). Repeat, focusing on 2 things for each sense, then 1.

By the end your eyes will feel heavy and you'll be drifting off. This works if you just imagine you're looking at something, so you can let your eyes close and still use this method of self-hypnosis.

A trance feels nice and comfy anyway, but there's more practical stuff you can do with it as well. Auto-suggestion (repeating a mantra or affirmation over and over) works well to implant something into the subconscious. You can suppress physical pain to a huge extent and actually heal a little quicker by repeating "There is no pain, no bleeding/swelling/etc, only perfect comfort and healing at a thousand times the normal healing rate," while visualising the afflicted body part in perfect condition.

To get out of trance, just slowly count up from 1 to 5 while telling yourself you're waking up and will be fully awake at 5.

Scientologists use hypnosis to give birth silently without drugs. One surgery patient who was a self-hypnosis expert had surgery while fully conscious without feeling any pain. He was able to consciously stop his own bleeding to such an extent that the surgeon asked him to let some blood out so he could see if there were any areas that needed stitching.

And finally, if you always make the same hand gesture while experiencing self-hypnosis, that gesture will become mentally associated with trance and eventually will trigger a trance state without the above exercise.
>>
>>27540766
>look for the one who sells it cheaper than the others
there's a reason your mother's so cheap
>>
>>27540813
found the feminist!
>>
>>27540858
I don't think a feminist would call your mother a cheap whore as an insult like that.
>>
Dentures are made with acrylic. The teeth are frequently shipped in from China - or whatever - and quite strong, but badly-made plate acrylic is prone to breakages and will need repair. This is easily done in about 45 minutes, fortunately.

You can tell a denture plate is weak when small air bubbles form under its surface; it's not a guarantee that it WILL break, but you can bet money that it was made by somebody with little to no experience, or with poor materials, or by simple mistake. The likelihood of breakage is increased.

If your dentures break in half, they can be repaired easily; the repair will be visible on the plate, however, and will be structurally weaker due to the hand-mixed acrylic used in its reconstruction. Your dental practitioner will try to rope you into getting a new set made.
>>
>>27540922
>implying feminists don't hate women
check the women against feminism movement and she what feminists think of it.
>>
File: vestment investment.jpg (173 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
vestment investment.jpg
173 KB, 3000x3000
A clean set of thermal underwear makes the ambient temperature at which you'll be comfortable much lower, reducing the need to use energy for heating appliances.
>>
File: appomatox.jpg (208 KB, 1600x956) Image search: [Google]
appomatox.jpg
208 KB, 1600x956
Wilmer McLean owned the house in Appomatox, Virginia where Robert E. Lee surrendered his Army of Northern Virginia to Ulysses S. Grant of the Union. McLean despised the war and was initially reluctant to allow the meeting to take place in his home, but when there was no alternative site to be found he allowed the formal surrender to take place in his parlor.

McLean had moved to the relatively quiet Appomatox to get away from the fighting, he originally owned a house outside of Manassas, Virginia which was the site of The First Battle of Manassas, the first major engagement of the war. He was so horrified by the battle that he moved inland to Appomatox, where 4 years later the war ended in his parlor.

So it can be correctly said that the Civil War started in Wilmer McLean's backyard and ended in his living room

Some other facts about Lee's surrender: he and Grant met briefly during the Mexican War. Lee was a general, Grant a lowly soldier and Grant said that Lee castigated him for having an ill-fitting uniform. Grant remembered every word Lee said to him in Mexico, Lee stated he didn't remember a thing about Grant. Though Appomatox is traditionally viewed as the end of the Civil War, though only 27,000 soldiers surrendered there. Two weeks later roughly 98,000 soldiers in Joseph Johnston's command surrendered to General Sherman marking the largest surrender of troops in the war. Sporadic fighting would break out in the Western theater of the war well into June, roughly 2 months after Appomatox.
>>
Using an MP3 player and heaphones but don't have anything to clip it onto? Loop the headphone cable around the back of your neck and clip the player onto the cable in front.
>>
Poland got invaded by the Mongols three times throughout history.
>>
>>27538929
see
>>27534233
>>27534663

the most original comment you've ever seen
>>
Here's one:

You can believe, as a virgin, that being in a relationship is the most important and pure thing, and casual sex is not for you and is only for sluts and such. But when you get a taste for sex, after the first few times, you may come to realise just how much pussy is out there, and how different girls really are different sexually.

Don't assume you have to be in a perfect, beautiful relationship before you've had sex. Flirt with a girl you find attractive, be confident and interesting, have sex. You may find yourself more interested in casual sex. This is from my own experience. Lost my virginity at 20, always thinking I'd settle strictly for a loving relationship, but then...

>Virgin at 20y.o
>Hot Norwegian approaches me in club and asks if id like to have sex with her
>Say yes, go back to mine and fuck
>Stay in touch, meet up more and fuck casually over a few months
>She falls for me, I prefer the idea of casual sex
>Meet a more beautiful, less insane woman in the meantime and ask her out

Without having casual sex, I would've never had the confidence to ask out my current girlfriend, and she is beautiful.
Don't knock it til you've tried it lads!
>>
>>27530056
Don't ever discharge a tv or radio capacitor no matter how low the voltage. The amperage will kill you.
>>
>>27530056
Dynamite actually contains peanuts
>>
File: _155928_dog300.gif (23 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
_155928_dog300.gif
23 KB, 300x180
Dogs have demonstrated in studies that they can know when their master is returning home, even when there is no evidence of this available to it's five material senses (learning a routine was controlled for by using a random schedule).
>>
File: 1452296286169.jpg (226 KB, 778x878) Image search: [Google]
1452296286169.jpg
226 KB, 778x878
Accordion bass buttons are organized with C in the middle. They are laid out in a circle of fifths formation, so for example below C is a F, above it a G. The 'root' row is the second from the right row. To the right is one a major third above it, to the left there are major, minor, seventh, and ninth rows. Assuming you have a keyboard accordion that is, I've heard button ones are much different.
>>
>>27530200
SAY ORIGINAL WORD
>>
>>27541337
>The amperage will kill you
>no matter how low the voltage
Someone fell asleep in class
V=I*R
>>
>>27532101
Wtf, every language has its own compiler. C has it's own compiler. Python has it's own compiler. The reason java runs on all machine because each machine has to install the JVM specific to that machine. (Thats why you have to install the java JRE but dont have to install a similar thing for Python or C) and each JVM translates the bytecode to the machine's instruction. It doesn't run the same way, it's just that you have to write code only once and the JVM does all the hard work, making it work on all machines. Technically all languages can run on all machines if you code it right, it's just a bit more work.
>>
>putting a teabag on a cut will stop it almost immediately
There's some other stuff, but I can't think of it rn
>>
>>27533769
>Hydrogen peroxide is a relatively painless alternative to rubbing alchohol when it comes to cleaning cuts

It's not painless. I was born into a house that only ever used peroxide
>>
>>27530095
what the fuck dickhead my kid sister drank it and she's throwing up
>>
Most people on this board will have postural problems from sitting too much. Suck your abs backwards, push your buttocks forward, and stretch your spine from your tailbone to the back of your skull. You'll look taller and it will reduce the chance/impact of lower back injury.

When just standing around, split your weight between the heels of both feet instead of standing on only one foot or the balls of your feet. This allows your skeleton to hold your weight instead of your muscles, and also makes you look more masculine and relaxed.
>>
>>27530335
I bet you're qt
>>
>>27534500
I feel obligated to note that English is not a prescriptivist language and as such there is no inherently correct way to speak it, as long as you are understand by other speakers. The subjunctive mood is very rarely used among modern speakers and is topic of much debate for linguists. Many people do not see the subjunctive mood as part of standard English and it's only use now-a-days is to sound really posh eg.
I suggest that he be removed.
rather than
I suggest that he's removed.
Both are accepted as corrected. The top one using subjunctive mood, the bottom one not.
>>
Objects orbiting a point in space speed up when their orbits near the point they orbit and slow down when they are farther away. They do this in a way that makes it so that equal areas of the arcs of orbit are swept out in equal time. This can be thought of as conforming to the law of conservation of angular momentum.
>>
>>27541855
Here f@nn
https://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p616/safety/fatal_current.htm
>>
If you want to go to the gym and stick with it, pick a time to go and consistently go at that time.
Ask the big guys for you for lifting tips, and make note of who you see regularly.
Talk to the regularly seen people inbetween sets. These people will usually be friendly.
>>
>>27542204

That doesn't really support your point.

The current that would flow through your body depends on the voltage of whatever you are touching and your resistance. Your resistance should be fairly consistent unless you do something dumb like touch electrical stuff while you are completely wet or drive electrical contacts through your skin.
>>
Ombudsman is actually a Danish word, completely simply stolen by English in the recent years, and no one has questioned it.
>>
Spurious comes from the Latin "spurius" meaning fake but in Old English it was used to describe a child that's illegitamite. And now, it has gone back to meaning fake again.
>>
>>27530282
Why exactly is Spectre such a good carry? I get that she has a high winrate, but I look at her abilities and can't figure out exactly what makes her so strong late game. I read online that she's one of the hardest carries in the game but I don't understand why.
>>
Fatal also comes from Latin, meaning destined by fate. I guess people used to describe deaths as destiny, all in God's plan to make people feel better. So much so, that the word destined by fate "fatal" scrictly has connotations of death now-a-days. Am I the only one who finds etymology really interesting or am I just an autismo? Just google the etymology of random words, its fun when you're bored.
>>
>>27530203
No it's the other way around. Sex is underrated and relationships are overrated. Relationships force you to be someone you're not, in order to keep her around. Sex is just cum and leave that sex object.
>>
>>27542396
English has a long and proud history of stealing words from other languages, sempai.
>>
Try listening to more challenging and complex music, take time to digest it, notice every little detail of it. It's worth it, trust me.
>>
>>27542641
There's no stealing. That's just how languages work, you take some words from other languages
>>
>>27542665
I'm sure you're right but English seems particularly voracious in this regard.
>>
>>27541943
>What is the definition of relatively?
>>
ctrl shift escape opens the task manager
>>
Baling soda and water paste can be used as a light rust remover, it's pretty cool.

Also science lifehacks are nice. This reminds me of lifehack threads I used to see on /b/
>>
>>27542932
you could fill a book with all the tricks that you can do with baking soda. it is definitely good at scrubbing shit though. stuff that's burned onto pots and pans notably
>>
It rains more on weekends than weekdays because rainclouds need small airborne particles to clump around to form. Diesel exhaust is an excellent seed particle and diesel activity peaks on a Friday.
>>
>>27530066
This poster is an idiot
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 720x540
You can make chloroform by mixing acetone with bleach.

You can make improvised armstrong's mix by mixing crushed match heads with shavings from the side of the match box

You can make thermite by combining aluminum powder with iron oxide and igniting it with magnesium

You can make pool de-icer (calcium chlorate or something idk) by dumping lime in muriatic acid and filtering the leftovers and collect the crystals. It's also used to activate charcoal.
>>
>>27530377
So basically you spent a lot of time learning dumb facts about media and not a lot of time learning useful skills?
>>
>>27543076
Cool. Do you know if baking soda can get rid of oil burns on a stove? Mines getting a bit crusty tbqh
>>
How do I get good at math. It's almost impossible for me to study anything and retain information.
>>
>>27530056
stealing from walmart is easy if you buy a cheap item and place others in the bag and walk out, the alarm won't go off if it's food
>>
>>27543192
Armstrongs mix? Activating charcoal? What are those things anon?
>>
>>27543231
Practice until you don't even have to think about how to solve the problem. Doing a task once will make you remember at least a little no matter how stupid you are. Doing it 1000 times
will make you remember forever.
>>
>>27543231
Look up studying techniques and make sure to put in every effort possible
>>
>>27543286
Armstrong mix goes kaboom and activated charcoal is used to filter water, medicine, bunch of stuff.

>cont
Amonium nitrate (impossible to buy fertilizer/specific brand ice packs) and aluminum powder makes tannerite

Amonia and bleach makes poison gas, but everybody knows that

Sulfuric acid and sugar makes a weird charcoal looking snake thingy
>>
>>27543286
Not that Anon but a bit of /k/ info:

Activated charcoal is used in simple water filters.
>get an empty 2 litre plastic drinks bottle
>cut the bottom off
>poke a couple of holes in the lid and hold upside-down
>stuff a piece of clean rag inside, into the lid
>add activated charcoal crushed and packed in there
>sand
>increasingly larger stones and pebbles

Fill that with river/lake water and what comes out (after boiling for a minute) should be safe to drink. You can get activated charcoal by burning hardwood and burying the still-glowing embers for a few days IIRC. Wooden warehouse pallets are a cheap and useful source of hardwood.
>>
>>27543414
So armstrongs mix is a explosive of sorts? I can see that working. I heard about the charcoal snake thing, but they mixed some liquid into sand and then lit it on fire
>>
>>27543585
Yup, problem is, it's sensitive to friction, so it could blow up in your hand by accident.
>>
>>27543539
Cool, I always wanted to make charcoal, any more tips like that? Does /k have these kinds of threads too?
>>27543642
How strong is the explosion? I have some light anywhere matches and I kinda want to try this...
>>
>>27543712
You'll be better off with normal matches, it's the potasium chlorate you're after and im not sure if the light anywhere tip would throw it off. And it's really powerful in big batches (say, 500 grams), but I've only done like 1/2g size because I was too scared to try any higher lol
>>
Age of consent is actually 16 in over 30 states of the US, yet many people, even those living in a state that age of consent isn't 18, seem to think having sex with someone under 18 is one of the worst things someone can do.
>>
>>27543712
http://www.pssurvival.com/

I haven't been through much of this but it's from the unofficial /k/ wiki (AKA "the Do/k/ument"). Don't know of a torrent so you have to pick and choose each bit of text and save each bit individually which is shit.

It's also kind of out of date in places. Was originally compiled for the 2012 SHTF that never came, I think. I'm sure /k/ and /out/ have survival info threads now and then, but it might be more entertaining to watch Ray Mears extreme survival shows. I love that shit myself.
>>
>>27543286
>>27543414
Activated charcoal is also good at absorbing poisons so they can pass through the body as shit without fucking you up so bad.

Have heard having a mouth full of activated charcoal will beat a breathylizer, but I don't know if that's true. Plus fucking with the results of a breath test is a serious offence where I live.
>>
>>27543828
>>27543930
>>27543955
Thanks for the way cool learns guys. Is it possible to buy store charcoal and activate that?
>>
File: 1435419206589.jpg (81 KB, 780x748) Image search: [Google]
1435419206589.jpg
81 KB, 780x748
Khalid bin Al Walid nearly broke through a flank and killed Muhammad during a crucial early battle that almost led to the total defeat of the early muslim. 8 years later he led a muslim army against a combined force over 10 times his armies size and emerged victorious in the final victory for the province of iraq. Khalid would have been there to see the last battle against the Persian empire if he was not called to fight in Syria, where in less than 5 years and after leading several more instrumental victories, like the siege of Damascus, Khalid would be dismissed from service at the borders of the heartland of Byzantium, Anatolia.
>>
>>27544023
I'm not sure, I think it's to do with the formation of the charcoal and the kind of wood used, so no.

Store charcoal is sometimes treated with flammable chemicals that you'd want to keep away from a water filter anyway.
>>
>>27537905
Go ask /fit/ about it. Theyll show you pics of guys who let the cyst get terrible enough that they had to get them cut out leaving a giant hole above their crack. Or google it.
>>
>>27544023
I think so, but it'll be full of a bunch of chemical nasties that you don't want going into your body.

An easy way to make your own is to poke a hole in the top of a tin can and fill it with pieces of small wood. Stick the can in a fire with a brick or something heavy ontop to keep the lid nice and tight. Afterwards you'll have charcoal that you just gotta powder up
>>
>>27544023
Yes, or you can buy activated charcoal from a healthfood shop, which soccer moms use to "flush toxins" or some shit.
>>
>>27543231
Take a step back and forgot that you are dealing with numbers and remind yourself that it's a logic puzzle which you are trying to find a solution for.

Math should teach you the process of being given a problem and finding a solution mechanically through a logical process. Look at how the problem is solved rather than the quantities involved. A lot of people I know who claim to be bad at math just give up because they can't process numbers quickly.

If the numbers were incredibly large or small, save the actual calculations for near the end or as they were necessary, worry first about manipulation of the formula to find my target quantity.

If you are past that, then you just need to practice crunching numbers. When I was a child, my parents would play counting games with me often. That's probably why I've never had an issue manipulating numbers.

Oh, I just thought of a math trick that's really specific. If you ever need to multiply something in 9s, just hold out your fingers in front of you and lower the finger that corresponds to how many times you want to multiply 9 by.

For example, 9x3 you would count your pinky, ring, and then put your middle finger down on the left hand. This should leave you with a pinky, ring finger up and 7 fingers remaining. 9x3 is 27. Look at your fingers. Fingers to the left of the lowered finger=tens place, fingers to the right=ones place. Shit only works until 9x10 though (iirc, there was a way to continue the concept past 10, but I've forgotten how it works) but pretty useful when you need to crunch that number quickly since it's not very intuitive to count at first.

Then when you get really good at math, you start to see patterns like 9 existing as N-1. 16+9 is the same as saying 16+10-1. It's easier to mentally process 16>26>25 than it is 16>25 for some people.
>>
>>27542002
Yeah the peroxide can cause alittle nausea in some. Nothing harmful.
>>
The games industry is the best job for a robot

you can freelance and continue to be anti social. it's not hard either as the months go by the resources increase. you can get good in a minimum of 6 months of practice doing environmental work

Also, Graphene isn't a meme it's going to change the world.
>>
File: planarian.jpg (36 KB, 350x291) Image search: [Google]
planarian.jpg
36 KB, 350x291
The planarian is a simple flatworm found in many parts of the world. A special attribute to them is how even the smallest part of them, near 1/300th of their size, can regrow into a full organism, not unlike a sea-star regrowing limbs or a lizard regaining its tail. What is unlike the others is how the planarian reproductions carry the same memories as the original copy.

The human equivalent of this would be to cut off the end segment of your pinky, regrow that part, and see the stub grow into an exact copy of you, down to the way it thinks, acts, remembers. It's not just a copy of you, it is you.
If one dies, you're still alive.
>>
>>27544650
How do I get into that industry from the absolute bottom rung? I love pretty much every genre of games and play obsessively so there's that, but I have no experience other than playing (mostly RPG, strategy sim, FPS).

Would be quite interested in AI but it seems daunting.
>>
>>27544765
Polycount.com

all that exists is the absolute bottom anon. you should read how most devs got started and see their work evolve.

The journeys alone are inspiration enough for me to keep trying.
>>
>>27544931
Fantastic, thanks Anon.
>>
File: Profile.png (445 KB, 825x749) Image search: [Google]
Profile.png
445 KB, 825x749
>>27544979
no problem

Ask any other questions while you can. You probably won't find me again for a long time.
>>
>>27545032
Is it only art stuff on there? My friend has been doing 3D modeling in Maya and other stuff for years, has a degree in it and still can't seem to find work.

Or are they accepting level design, concept, that sort of thing? I can fuck with a game's level editor forever but is that classed as game content someone would pay for?

Thanks again.
>>
>>27530066
This is false. Few on this boards know what autism really is but rest assured. Many here have it.
>>
>>27545163
Nope, Polycount looks to be art focused but think of it as a hub for all devs. you'll probably branch out to other specialized sites to better find work once you've gotten good but PC will always be home

programmers and musicians are found there too.

Your friend is probably shit. Probably.

I don't know many people with a degree that managed to get into this industry. Not that a degree is bad because some places are asking for one but it's still mostly useless as fuck unless you've went to gnomon or fzd. we need skill here. If someone is better than you then they get the job

If you want to find your place and passion quick then I'd suggest making a thread in the sketchbook section and never stop posting the random things you make. people will come along and help you out.

you'll probably begin making props and end with a full on environment artist tittle. straight level design is kinda sorta boring
>>
>>27542480
me too but the key to win vs spec is ending games early and never go for midas
>>
>>27542002
>PressXToDoubt.exe
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.