[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw just accepted a 6 figure job offer >rejected three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: nbjyexhpkS1sxcftfo1_250.gif (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
nbjyexhpkS1sxcftfo1_250.gif
23 KB, 250x250
>tfw just accepted a 6 figure job offer
>rejected three others
>have a girlfriend
>went drinking with my bros last night
>got news coverage for my work across hundreds of websites and news outlets
>suddenly +500 friend requests on facebook, and 600 'followers'
>get a long facebook message from stacy thundercunt from high school, who never even acknowledged my existence, telling me how she "knew I'd make it big someday"

Apparently it's possible to become a turbo-normie practically over night.

This is coming from a guy who spent every single day of elementary school, middle and high school with 0 friends or acquaintances, eating lunch in the bathroom stall, and staying up to 5am on school nights playing vidya, masturbating, and crying.
>>
>>27528507
How's your ego doing
>>
What's the job? If you had a college degree you were already a normie.
>>
Post the facebook message. Black out personal info if you have too.

I want to see what she said.
>>
Proof you fucking failure.
>>
File: 1458958353539.jpg (47 KB, 410x419) Image search: [Google]
1458958353539.jpg
47 KB, 410x419
>>27528507

Wow you had no friends in high school and played vidya? Lief as a robote most've been hard anon, 5 golden manbabies for u xd
>>
>>27528520
Engineer with a startup in the bay area

>>27528519
in orbit
>>
File: 1451771894524.jpg (98 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1451771894524.jpg
98 KB, 409x409
SQUASH THE NORMIESSSS
>>
>>27528538
First you must become one of them.
>>
>>27528524
I didn't get here by being an idiot, I'm not going to do anything that comes even remotely close to doxxing myself.
>>
cool story bro

original comment
>>
If you don't reject Stacy you're still a turbo nu-male beta

Get that bitch away
>>
>>27528532
Prolonged social isolation is the reason most of us are here.
>>
>>27528520
>If you had a college degree you were already a normie.
This.
You were always just a normie with no social life.
>>
>>27528614
I had to develop social skills pretty much from scratch when I got to college.
>>
File: 1450748244592.jpg (62 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1450748244592.jpg
62 KB, 550x550
>>27528647
That's like 100% of people you fucking retard

No one has developed social skills that they look back on fondly in highschool, besides the actual retards who peaked at that low point.
Anyone who goes onto college basically only then starts learning social skills, because by then most people are more patient and less judgemental with others around them. So they realize socializing isn't that bad, life isn't that hard, no one will make fun of them, and they "open up"

This is literally every normie, ever.

The "robots" on this site are the ones who not only do not go to college or go to parties or whatever, but are also incapable of finding an avenue to connect with real people.

What you were was a failed normie who figured some stuff out.
>>
>>27528647
>>27528725
This. If you have salvageable social skills and are functional enough to complete a demanding, professional degree, you aren't a fucking robot. If you even had a remote chance of ever working in the bay area, you were never a fucking robot. You were just an awkward little shit who hadn't yet hit his stride.

Meanwhile, some of us sleep too much to hold down a job and have so much brain fog that it's difficult to even do simple sums mentally. Fuck off, OP.

I hope you are at least somewhat humbled by how much worse your life could have ended up had your circumstances even been a bit different.
>>
>>27528819
>>27528725
You, guys, deserve a bowl full of tendies.
>>
>>27528507
Now make sure you never marry
>>
>>27528819
>If you even had a remote chance of ever working in the bay area

All sorts of non-normies go to college. Getting a job at a startup in California is as normie as it gets, though.
>>
>>27528819
Only way he'd actually be a robot is if he manages to fuck this up or troll the shit out of everyone.

Cyborgs and androids are way more entertaining for the folks on here. If you're successful and happy with yourself, we don't care. It's just like girls- "Show us your tits"
No?
Well that aspect of you has no value here. We don't want success stories- we want to justify the way we currently are.

You know what's better than that? someone showing us that success isn't that big of a deal to begin with. That there isn't some dichotomy between your very real experience and this idealized vision of success everyone else is inside of.
Trolling is one way of connecting with us, OP. At least just tell us you'll toy with Stacy's dumb head and get her to do stupid shit.
>>
>>27528819
>brain fog
Why aren't you a methhead then yet, desu?
>>
>>27528871
> someone showing us that success isn't that big of a deal to begin with.
There are stories of Notch and Keanu Reeves.
>>
>>27528962
Exactly- but people like hearing new stories like these.
>>
>>27528989
What else? Flappy Bird developer, who was so shocked with his sudden popularity, that he deleted his app from the store.
>>
>image saved from tumblr
you've been a normalfag
>>
>>27528507
>earn six figures
>go brag in r9k

Look at me mommy im lying on the internet again
>>
You'll lose your job within 3 years and no one will remember you then
It's how the tech industry works
>>
>>27528819
I can't do simple sums mentally and I have a PhD in mathematics. Mental arithmetic is overrated.
>>
>>27529005
>recognizes a tumblr image
I've got bad news for you...
>>
>>27529058
That's true. Only first employees ever get stable positions in tech companies. Frequent job hopping is not unknown, though, and he would easily find a new job. Unless he stops learning new technologies, patterns, and whatever.
>>
>>27529040
I'm earning six figures as well and I browse this board. Nothing about being successful precludes you from going to 4chan. I don't understand the assumption that this website can only be interesting to NEET losers.
>>
>>27529119
It is easy to recognize them. Ugly piece of pixelart => definitely tumblr.
>>
>>27529000
>who was so shocked with his sudden popularity, that he deleted his app from the store.

Keep in mind that's the explanation he gave to the public, because he'd never actually admit "yeah I used edited SMB sprites when creating Flappy Bird because I never expected such a simple game to massively skyrocket in popularity to the point of getting insane amounts of exposure making me extremely liable to a lawsuit from Nintendo who basically owns the sprites I used despite being slightly modified."
>>
>>27529139
This website can only be interesting to NEET losers => false.
This website can only be interesting to losers => true.
>>
File: IMG_20160331_080546848_HDR.jpg (239 KB, 2184x1708) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160331_080546848_HDR.jpg
239 KB, 2184x1708
>>27529161
Alright, retard, explain where I got this PhD and earnings report.
>>
>>27529119
its a tumblr filename with tumblr_ cropped out you fucking retard
>>
>>27529441
how would you KNOW what a tumblr filename is? Either you browser tumblr constantly or you're enough of an obsessive loser to fucking memorize what their filenames are without going to the website. Which is it?
>>
>>27529436
Where do I start with western philosophy? Do I need to start with Plato?
>>
>>27529436
That just looks like some shit you printed off the internet.
>>
>>27529487
>>27529436
Sorry for my mistake, I didn't read it properly. Thought you had a bachelors in philosophy not a phd in math
>>
>>27529498
Anything to avoid the truth, right? Because I obviously printed out a fake diploma and put it inside a nice red sleeve to trick posters on 4chan. How deep does the well of denial go?
>>
>>27529454
sorry that everyone can't be a daft retard like you buddy
>>
>>27529502
I think the funniest part about this is that someone with a Bachelors in philosophy would be earning six figures.
>>
>>27528507
>This is coming from a guy who spent every single day of elementary school, middle and high school with 0 friends or acquaintances, eating lunch in the bathroom stall, and staying up to 5am on school nights playing vidya, masturbating, and crying.

So how'd you get the gf?
>>
>>27529436
>explain where I got this PhD and earnings report.

You got that PhD from a University, and earnings report from a bank.

CHECKMATE!
>>
The fuck are you even posting here? Have fun walking the path of normiedom (you are literally as normal as Ms. Thundercunt at this point), and watch the rest of us suffer.
>>
>>27529678
That's the plan, friend!
>>
So you like anime? or what?
>>
>>27529441
Wow I didn't know that, you frequent tumblr i guess
>>
>people get off on other people's misery
more news at 11
>>
>>27529678
I think OP was saying that it's possible to turn your life around if you put some effort into it, but of course you dumbasses would rather sit around here posting 'NO TRUE ROBOT' than put a modicum of effort into your lives.
>>
>>27529759
okay you first. start by leaving 4chan.
practice what you preach.
>>
>>27528507
Don't forget you can lose it all just as fast.
>>
Good luck in life b/robot/, I only hope for the best.
Honestly, I'd rather be a filthy normie and live a decent life than feel miserable at home doing nothing to achieve anything.
>>
>>27528945
I fucked in the head enough already, dude. Last time I went on prescribed scrips for narcolepsy, I stayed up for three days and heard voices telling me to kill myself. That was the lowest dose I could take and now the doc doesn't want to give me anymore stims, not even adderal or something. It's be tired all the time or have drug induced psychosis.
>>
>>27529570
The first one was pure chance, desu. She came onto me, and I rolled with it.

The second one was way easier, I already knew how to talk to girls.
>>
>>27531139
Why did you binge? That's idiotic.
>>
>>27529101
Bullshit. Past a certain point, math gets so abstract that, if you don't have an intuition for the basics, you're fucked. It's just too much to juggle if you don't have the head for it. I had this happen to me in the process of trying to complete Calc III.

Fucking blows because, otherwise, people tell me I'm really "smart". Well that's fucking great and doesn't change the fact that I probably have some kind of learning disability.
>>
$100,000 in the bay area is like $50,000 everywhere else. Congrats on the Walmart salary senpai.
>>
>>27531199
I didn't. The lowest dose was too much and I had a bad reaction. I had the same thing happen with a few antidepressants I tried. As I said, my brain is fucked.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.