[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dream job is to work night shift part-time at a gas station.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 8765.jpg (88 KB, 1274x1001) Image search: [Google]
8765.jpg
88 KB, 1274x1001
My dream job is to work night shift part-time at a gas station.
I'd just sit there reading books when I'm not serving customers. I'd get so much reading done and become very knowledgeable.
Also the interactions would help me work on my social skills as well as fulfilling my social needs.

Do you think my dream will ever come true?
I can't see myself doing anything else.
I'm an edgy friendless loner loser btw.
>>
Your dream job is to be eggman?
>>
>>27527072
Sorry, I don't follow those e-celeb memes so I don't understand.
>>
>>27527063
wouldnt be so bad, i work night shift in retail and there only real human interaction you get is your workmates, who you get to know pretty well
>>
There's got to be some kind of catch. working at a slow gas station or convenience store sounds too comfortable.
>>
>>27527063
If you don't mind getting mugged/shot/raped every now and then, go for it
>>
>>27527249
Tweakers, mentally unstable homeless, drunk chads and stacies. Night people are weird. and a lot are really lonely and want to talk to you about their lives. So socially it will definitely be an experience, but like I said there's a lot of pain and weirdness mixed up in night people.
People pass out in the bathrooms, shit, piss, bleed and vomit on every surface and you may have to call the cops or an ambulance a few times.
>>
>>27527323
I don't live in the city so we wouldn't have so many of those types.
Maybe just drunks and stoners.
>>
>>27527249

Drug addicts and niggers (can be white) who want to rob it
>>
>>27527249
Lots of weird shit happens at night. Used to be on a nightshift at a gas station a couple minutes outside the city and it was fucking bizarre, quit after around a month because it was just too eerie for me too often.
>>
>>27527410
Sounds like you're a pussy.
I'm more like that Pardo guy from HM2. The night doesn't scare me.
>>
>>27527410
He's got it. Don't matter if it's a rural area, its like the fucking twilight zone.
>>
I do that, I work with a cute 18 year old girl too. I avoided her at first and was really anxious, but she took an interest and started texting me and now we talk semi-regularly, though I don't respond too much. but she has a bf
>>
>>27527476
That's what everyone says. Don't worry, if you get said job you'll find out what I'm talking about, tough guy.
>>
Night security is the best man all I do is sit in a company truck all night watching a mine site or sit in the gate house watching cameras
>>
>>27527591
I worry there would be too much social interaction with co-workers.
Would I be able to read during my shifts?
>>
File: OYZ0Cg0.png (556 KB, 1712x2032) Image search: [Google]
OYZ0Cg0.png
556 KB, 1712x2032
>>27527476
Cheers to you, Manny
>>
I used to do this, OP.

The one I worked at was out on the highway, which was a plus - didn't have random drunks and retards walking around, because they had to got for a decent drive to get to us.

Was pretty fuckin' comfy to be honest.
>>
>>27527731
What do you do now?
origami
>>
>>27527731
I am now a 9-5 wagecuck who spends all day in an office cubicle.

Less comfy. But I have to clean less shit off walls so there's that
>>
>>27527782
>>27527937

I quoted my own post by mistake what a fuckin idiot
>>
>>27527063
>My dream job is to work night shift part-time at a gas station.
>I'd just sit there reading books when I'm not serving customers.

Man, not even joking me too. Or a convenience store clerk. Not sure why, I work in an office.
>>
>>27527063
I always loved night works too. It's just quiet and I hate people too much. Honestly man, you'll get tired of just sitting around and reading. If reading was really what you wanted to do, you'd be doing it right now. Instead you're just stuck on this imageboard with other bots. I bet that's what you'll do too there.
Addition: night shifts are more dangerous than day shifts. Especially in gas stations.
>>
>>27527937
>>27527969
Why do you guys have office jobs?
Do you hate yourselves or something?
>>
>look up night shift on indeed
>nothing but shit low wage long hours factory jobs

Same thing happens when I look at regular hours. I'd move somewhere with better options if I wasn't broke.
>>
>>27528018
He's reading posts anon.
>>
>>27528020
I failed on my way to my chosen career path and took the best and securest job I could find so I could get out of my house.
>>
>>27528020
I am >>27527731

I was working part time night shifts, I needed reliable income and I really needed to stop having to clean shit off the walls.
>>
>>27528018
I actually don't come here very often and I hate browsing with mobile phone.

>>27528048
>>27528064
You're both much stronger than me then.
If I end up having to work full time in an office or at a factory I'm going to lie down on the train tracks.
>>
>>27528090
I thought office space was just a meme movie... it's all fucking accurate. All of it.
>>
>>27527063
This is what my uncle did for numerous years.

But he usually just stocked up on tons and tons of comic books.

He read other stuff too, but he seemed to be content.

He was a good story teller and I loved hearing his crazy stories about night people as well.

But he worked next to a big highway so he didnt see as many crazies as he could have.

3 stories I remember off top of my head -

>Hooker that worked the gas station next to his come by one day to get a soda or something. While paying, she just asked him if he would like some pussy lol. He declined

>Another night some car came flying in, hit a speed bump and jumped the car up and slammed on the breaks. Some woman bursts out the passenger door and starts taking her shorts and panties down. Starts pissing all over the place.

>Some guy came in looking for a pack of cigs. They didnt have his kind in stock. The man told him he better have some there within the hour or he would kill him when he came back. He never came back.

I miss my uncle :/
>>
>>27528090

It's not that bad, not in my situation at least.

Mine's not the typical 'Office Space' type situation mentioned above at least.
>>
>>27527063
I work Night Audit at a hotel. Pretty easy, but I have my fair share of crazy occurances and spring break bullshit and summer time shenanigans.
>>
>>27528187
I saw a job for that on indeed but with how shit job descriptions are on there I sounded like it was just like being a normal hotel clerk except they just stack more shit on top for you to do. What do you actually do?
>>
>>27528187
Tell some stories
>>
>>27527063

You realize you'd be expected to clean and restock things when you weren't serving customers, right?

There is almost no downtime in those sorts of jobs. You probably wouldn't even get to sit unless it was a mom and pop store, and you absolutely would never have enough time to just sit and relax and read.

Have you EVER had a job before, OP?
>>
>>27528295
I drink coffee in a place right next to a gas station, they do nothing all the time
>>
>>27528295
Only casual work so it was very easy and only a few hours a day.
If I can't get a job that I enjoy then I'm just going to kill myself.
>>
Mine is to work security at some office building where I can just lurk the internet, etc all night
>>
File: 1458583720107.png (54 KB, 470x698) Image search: [Google]
1458583720107.png
54 KB, 470x698
wen i git job wan bee an elefant
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.