[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell us about that game you started to make but never finished.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Tell us about that game you started to make but never finished.
>>
Not really a game but I wrote a story based in the town of Silent Hill, it got to 160 pages long. I really would like to make a game out of it but I would get sued even if I made Quiet Mountain or something like that.
Oh well.
>>
>>27526625
>>27526641
wow you guys are a bunch of lame fucking nerds
>>
>>27526649
I fart in your mom's pussy regularly, bozo.
>>
>>27526664
it's spelt "mum" you incorrigible yankee
>>
>>27526683
Go to London Bridge and let it fall down while you're crossing it, you redcoat shitposting son of a fartsniffing bitch.
>>
Well this escalated quickly.
>>
>>27526700
if that's all you can come up with it's no wonder that you couldn't even make a game for children
>>
>>27526711
>Silent Hill
>a game for children
Go outside and get arrested for saying Islam isn't the best religion, britcuck.
>>
>>27526725
Islam has brought far more culture and civilisation to the world than video games
>>
>>27526625
Over 10 years ago I found out about RPG Maker and started making an Action RPG. I only made a couple of dungeons and towns and a demo, and took me a while to make the complete engine but it had everything games like Zelda had (arrows, bombs, even the ocarina of time music thing).
>>
>>27526725
everything is for children
>>
>>27526737
It's brought far more cultures of bacteria to the world, that's for sure.
>>27526740
That's what you think because you are a manchild and mommy lets you have everything you want.

Why did this thread have to get ruined by you faggot shitposters? I wanted to have a nice discussion with OP but you fucks have to ruin it.
>>
>>27526763
I'd wager that the average video game player has more bacteria hidden in the folds of his fat than could be found in the entire middle east
>>
>>27526625
An adventure game about an android who wakes up in the basement of a house in the middle of a desert, X years in the future after the world has faded away and everything is empty and dry. Some surprises later:
- humans are still alive, but underground as barely-sentient mole-people who dig and eat oil (and in the late-game, radioactive minerals), meant to be scary as hell for a few survival-horror sections of the game; lots of dirt, oil, blood, and darkness. you're solar powered so there could be a time limit element as well
- you find out your creator is still alive, so you spend the game finding clues to where he is (very long, intentionally boring process), then end up killing him and yourself because immortality is hell
The game would be actively antagonistic toward the player, and as unpleasant as possible while still enjoyable to play, if that makes sense.

I'll get around to it someday.
>>
whenever I get ideas for creative stuff and try to create them someone else cucks me and does it first. there's no point on doing it then when it'll be compared to everything else, especially if the other things are memes already
>>
>>27526739
Zelda? God you are loser.
>>
>>27526763
Shut up, this is not your hugbox.

>>27526821
>I'll get around to it someday.
We both know you wont.
>>
>>27526821
Fucking do it anon, I like the sound of it. Start planning that shit out if nothing else.
>>
>>27526625
I have lots of them. Here are a few:
>a vertically scrolling shoot-em-up with some new ideas
>>sci-fi setting, aliens invade Earth, you must stop them and destroy their planet
>>had about 1/3 of the menus, some art, level editor, 1-2 enemies, basic mechanics done
>an adventure game, also with some new ideas
>>the life of an ordinary guy (you) gets interrupted when he becomes a target of a crazy man, you then need to carry on with your life while also fulfilling the requests of that man (and you must defeat him in the end, of course)
>>most of menus and HUD, most mechanics, almost entire main quest, some side quests done
>>most music and sound effects missing (but some done)
>>only a couple of characters and locations missing (code-wise)
>>art mostly placeholders
>>then decided to throw it all away and restart the project, now nothing done except some documentation
>a top-down 2D shooter with FPS bonus levels
>>story: a global zombie apocalypse happens and a retired (but not old) action hero is called to help (extremely cliched story but played for laughs)
>>code: everything except some enemies, all bosses, some planned vehicles and items, misc. little things done
>>art, music, sound, levels, cutscenes: mostly placeholders and tests
>a pseudo-3D game where you shoot ships
>>only art, most levels, story should be done but lost interest
Almost always, real life or the decision to start another game got in the way.
>>
>>27526737
Too bad it stagnated.
>>
>>27527013
What? Fuck you, Zelda FTW ye fuck
>>
Wow, this has become a fucking roast fest.
>>
>>27526625
>Tabletop skirmish
>Simple, turn-based
>All rolls d100
>Wanted to get away from the whole warhammer 40k thing
>>
What are some easy-to-use engines for turn-based strategy?
>>
>>27526821

>very long, intentionally boring process

Don't do this, the purpose of your game is to entertain above anything else. This is bad design philosophy. Quiet time in games can be useful, but you want to stay away from boring the player above all else.

The rest of it sounds interesting though, definitely go for it
>>
>>27526625
Battle for Wesnoth campaign.
>>
D&D 4e. We started years ago and haven't even hit epic yet.

Got huge plans for lategame battles, been sowing plot seeds the whole way through. Friends will become enemies, enemies will become friends, traitors become martyrs and martyrs become traitors
>>
>tfw no one started working on /r9k/ Fighters
>>
I had 2 of them. One was a color matching game, i had a really original idea. I couldn't figure out how to program it because it was very different from the examples i could find on the internet. Other one was a tribe simulator. I made some stuff but then realized I could never make one as good as rimworld or dwarf fortress, and gave up.
>>
File: 453777.png (131 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
453777.png
131 KB, 633x758
Started making my own point n click adventure with AGS, but I always get super unmotivated and lazy when I actually start to do something. It's more fun to plan and imagine what kind of a game I'm going to make rather than actually make it.
I recently restarted my project but with new simpler sprites so that I don't need to draw super detailed characters.
>>
>>27530262
>I always get super unmotivated and lazy when I actually start to do something. It's more fun to plan and imagine what kind of a game I'm going to make rather than actually make it.
I know that feel.
>>
Pretty much all games.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.