[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /trying/ here? What have you done to escape NEETdom/the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 17
File: 1459294245159.jpg (109 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459294245159.jpg
109 KB, 640x640
Who /trying/ here?

What have you done to escape NEETdom/the robot lifestyle? Anyone trying to find a job, go to school, etc?
>>
>>27525083
YOU'RE GONNA BE MY NEW MEAT BICYCLE
>>
File: 1458870755748.jpg (256 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
1458870755748.jpg
256 KB, 1000x1502
Just got a job working in a kitchen and start next week, classes start next month.

the pressure makes me want to kill myself
>>
I have a job where I always have to talk to people. It's really taken me out of my comfort zone and some days I don't feel like talking, but slowly it's changing me. Very slowly.

Also I enrolled in college again. I used to hate homework, but it's nice to have some sort of a goal. It actually feels good to finish work, pass a test.
>>
File: 1459149604247.jpg (35 KB, 226x292) Image search: [Google]
1459149604247.jpg
35 KB, 226x292
>>27525122
at least you're trying fampai! don't give up. I just started EMT school, the program is intensive as fuck but hopefully i'll be working in an ambulance in 4-6 months. Way different than any school experience I've had, everyone except for the 5 or 6 firefighter jocks are ridiculously nice. you can't really be an emt if you're the type to bully robot types so it's a good profession lol. I'm excited :3 we get to volunteer in ambulances and see wrecks n stuff.

what are you going to school for fampai
>>
>>27525083
I think I'm finally getting my shit together this year.
>Finally got my driver's licence
>Got accepted into college
>Started shitty retail job, but a job at least
If I manage to make a few friends to do fun stuff with it will be a good year.
>>
File: 1459312077654.jpg (157 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1459312077654.jpg
157 KB, 640x1136
>>27525174
congrats brobot. driving is what made me transition from robot to cyborg. it will help you in all aspects of life. what kind of retail store?
>>
>>27525162
thanks anon, Ive known a few people who went to be EMTs they seemed to like it, idk how they deal with the whole dead people thing. and silly question computer science of course
>>
File: 1459147297173.jpg (31 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
1459147297173.jpg
31 KB, 500x479
>>27525221
i grew up in a shitty neighborhood with lots of our african brethren so ive seen a few bodies and am not too worried about that. however, im terrified of not being able to save someone because i forgot an important detail so im just studying like a motherfucker and trying to memorize all this shit. the textbooks are huge fampai.
>>
>>27525187
>what kind of retail store?
One that sells clothes to old people, my grandpa runs it so he offered me the job, most of the time I'm just waiting for old couples to try some suits before charging them.
Sometimes when they come alone they ask me for advice or they tell me stories.
>>
>>27525284
doesnt sound too bad, at least you're not sweating. (OP here) i quit my restaurant job cause the gourmet scene is too intensive to coincide with school and got a job at a comfy russian deli. no sweating required, and QT russian 5'4'' babes everywhere
>>
Damn, I couldn't wait to go NEET, why would I give it up, meng?
>>
>>27525315
>doesnt sound too bad
It really isn't, it could be much worse, but sometimes it gets a little tiring when a client has been talking for 10 minutes about that time he traveled to Canada.
But I'm glad you found a job you like op, I hope everything works for you.
>>
File: 980-.jpg (12 KB, 236x230) Image search: [Google]
980-.jpg
12 KB, 236x230
I've got no skills, no college, degree, and have been NEET for a year. Where to begin looking for a job is the question.
>>
File: 1459388874311.jpg (77 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1459388874311.jpg
77 KB, 960x960
>>27526187
well what do you like to do anon? even if you dont like anything in particular, there must be some things around the house that bring you more enjoyment than others. think about chores that you don't mind doing, and how you can monetize that. if you dont mind cooking, theres a million restaurant jobs out there. if you dont midn cleaning, you can wash dishes, clean hotels, janitorial shit. if you spend a lot of time on the computer and are good with computers you can do anything from freelance repair work to web designing/whatever you can do. just think about what you don't hate doing
>>
File: 1429918281262.jpg (298 KB, 976x1296) Image search: [Google]
1429918281262.jpg
298 KB, 976x1296
Started speaking to oneitis.

No kind of progress so far because our schedules limit interaction, I have no pretext to get her number, and she has next to no reason to remember that I exist.
>>
File: 1458791246666.jpg (215 KB, 1000x780) Image search: [Google]
1458791246666.jpg
215 KB, 1000x780
>>27526447
Good advice.

Follow the path of least resistance.
>>
>>27526187
You seem to have a fluent english, if you can move to mexico I could hook you up with a semi decent job if you're willing to move to mexico and learn some basic IT.
If that's posible send me message through [email protected]
>>
>>27526187
Sorry, about the redundant english, I'm drunk.
>>
I got an email from IBM Watson to do a recorded interview. They want me to use my webcam and basically make a video. Sounds like a really terrible weed out system so I can't motivate myself to do it.
>>
>>27525284
That sounds comfy as fuck, anon. I sorta envy you.
>>
File: Indoor-Swimming-Pool-12.jpg (58 KB, 900x614) Image search: [Google]
Indoor-Swimming-Pool-12.jpg
58 KB, 900x614
The opposite, I'm trying to become fully self-sustaining superior NEET. I'm working hard so I can do it before 30 and not work for Shekelstein the next 50 years.

Living like a monk, saving and investing everything extra. I used my NEET time to learn everything about investing, you too can do it anon.

Boomers might call it early retirement.
>>
File: 1459376332751.png (824 KB, 531x777) Image search: [Google]
1459376332751.png
824 KB, 531x777
>>27525083
>Who /trying/ here?
Starting college next year. I'll be 27 then.

Better late than never?
>>
File: 1448427688540.jpg (120 KB, 852x1041) Image search: [Google]
1448427688540.jpg
120 KB, 852x1041
>>27526752
Tell me more, anon. TELL ME MORE. RIGHT NOW. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Turning 23 in a few months, been a NEET since 16, no job experience, education, holidays, skills, realtionships

been in mental crisis recently seeing people way younger than me living more in one year than I have my whole life, never been closer to suicide

really don't know where to start
>>
>>27526752
haha no anon you are not doing the opposite..you are doing literally what every normie is doing. trying to make as much monye as young as possible, so that you can retire early.
>>
>>27526796
You are still young enough to get a job in retail and not be judged etc etc. Should be easy enough if you act now.
>>
>>27526785

What do you want to know NEET-sama?

There's two blogs with good resources, Money Mustache and Early Retirement Extreme. Then there's a fuckton of financial literature, from "Investing for Dummies" to advanced option strategies and analysis.

Obviously you need to cut your expenses as much as possible. Pirate everything, cook your own food instead of takeout, etc etc.
>>
>>27526812

Normies live paycheck to paycheck, partying and drinking their life away, because "#yolo". They don't have the patience to save and not get in debt, not even mentioning save big.
>>
I've gotten a full time job, about to finish college, and made a lot of new friends. Now I just need a gf and I think Ill finally be completely happy with my self.
>>
To everyone posting here. You have my full support. I'm happy to see this thread in /r9k/. I wish you all the best of luck in your respective quests for improvement.

You're gonna make it, even if it takes effort and time.

>>27525140
Pushing the envelope of the comfort zone is the right way to expand it.
You're doing well, anon. Keep going! You can do it.
>>
File: tgC92.png (267 KB, 496x508) Image search: [Google]
tgC92.png
267 KB, 496x508
>>27526813
but is it really worth it? that thought process heavily contributed to putting me in this situation in the first place

what would a job in retail lead to? I'd still be socially outcast and theres little room for growth in a job robots will take over in 20years
>>
>>27525083
Ah thank fuck i ran across this thread.

I was completely isolated for the past 5 yrs, now i have a job and get hits on tinder.

It's not fucking easy though, how the fuck do i talk to ladies?

I'll ask here cause you're all hopeless so i'll know what not to say.

btw i'm 25 now and pretty much only started living recently, you know how it feels.
>>
>>27526876
my brother is younger than you and through retail made friends and got a gf of three years. Now he works in the cinema.
>>
>>27526813
How do you get a job in retail?
>>
I'm 19 and want to do a teaching degree at university but I honestly have no motivation to study and do assignments for the next 4 years how the fuck do I get motivated.
>>
>>27526796
Delete your Facebook account

Get a good degree at uni and the qualifications needed to whatever you want to do at uni and a job, just any job and make friends and connections with people.
27 by the time I finished uni, but now I'm a stock broker and I'm making alot of money.
Do the same.
>>
>>27527139
With teaching, you'll be marking students work, which is pretty much the same, think about changing.
Don't get motivated; drink monster energy drinks and take adderall and power through them.
>>
>>27525083
Got a job at a pretty big international firm and am a 1st year student, going for that CS degree. Life's pretty good.
>>
>>27527220
CS degree's are shit
>>
>>27527139
Start lifting, the motivation will seep into other things once you stick with it. Also makes you more mentally stable against stress.
>>
>>27527162
don't have facebook, I'd literally have just my mother added on it

thats something I really want to do if I manage to brush away the years i've wasted, I did really poorly in school so i'd have to do something so a uni would accept me I guess, can't really do anything that involves maths because my maths is extremely poor and would take years to catchup
>>
I was talking to an acquaintance today and asked about his job. He works as a banker and was telling me about some open teller potions, I'm sending my application tomorrow. Can a robot function in this environment?
>>
File: 1459235042487.png (422 KB, 1015x1527) Image search: [Google]
1459235042487.png
422 KB, 1015x1527
I'm /trying/. Recently I've been trying to get into cars from reading /o/ a bit. Sadly can't get into such a hobby unless you have some sort of income so I gotta get a job. No results yet lads.

Really sucks, I have no job experience, only a GED, etc. So my choices are severely limited. I'm thinking of going to school but afraid that I won't be able to get a job once I finish and be a gorillion dollars in debt.

Been applying for one month straight now and no results, kill me.
>>
I tried to work call center for two years. I lost my shit eventually. I was so tired. Id sleep in the parking lot mostly and on my breaks. I didn't go home very often. My life was miserable.
>>
>>27527304
Doesn't matter as long as you get there it doesn't matter how long it takes
I did shit in maths too
UK related
I got a C in maths at the end of high school at 16, then spent two years in college doing shitty shit that was meaningless (18 now usually when people finish college in the UK) spent another two years in college doing shit related to engineering through a btech and within the first year of those two extra years I arranged through my college to get grades I needed in maths
Ended up getting an A* in maths after arranging an exam through the college then after the second year (20 now) finished and then went to uni and did economics
In the UK you don't need to do any A-level qualification related to maths or economics in general to do it at uni. Just a good GCSE score in maths and shit that boosts your UCAS so like doing those extra curricular bullshit-esque type things
Then got my degree in economics, while taking GCSE exams again like Physics, Biology etc which I did shit in aswell
then looking for a job to do with economics while working with my btech degree in engineering D* across the board (destination star(basically A+)) until i got somewhere with connections I made with people and through looking for a job....
moved to london and became a stock broker
now there's more to it but its the long story short anyway
>>
I tried to kill myself in 2013

Last summer I started lifting, lost my virginity, turned 24, got a small part time job and I have been accepted into a university starting this winter.

Small steps robots, never give up. I still have so much ground to cover.
>>
>>27527376

You go to an Euro country for your degree. Either it will be free or it will cost 1/10 what you'd pay in murica. It will be regarded as more valuable as a local degree because muh international experience, you'll have fun, and you have nothing keeping you anyway.
>>
File: 1453185537240.jpg (118 KB, 481x681) Image search: [Google]
1453185537240.jpg
118 KB, 481x681
>Trying to find indonesian qt online
>Almost finished apprenticeship
>One day going to work up the courage to play 40k at the store with real people
>>
>>27527472
UK also, I got less than a C in GCSE maths and didn't go to any college at all till now, I could maybe try find some quick GCSE equivlent retake

I'd probably try do something that doesn't involve maths at all though, still wouldn't hurt.
Just finding out where to start all this shit is the problem though, I left the house 2 times last year and not once this year so I really don't know how stuff works

Good to know I can maybe salvage something out of myself after being completely idle for years though
>>
Trying to find a new job after getting fired.

It's not going well, senpai.
>>
>>27525083
I think I've figured out how to get a girl's number but I'm sucking at the job hunt. Been looking for a job since last may. Thinking I should sell shit on etsy till I find one.
>>
>>27527546
yeah you're not fucked dude, there's more and more people who are older in college than what the general idea for the average age of people in college are
also don't move out until you've got a steady income and if you're going to be in college don't move out at all stay with your parents
again it doesn't matter how old you are if you get there in the end that's all that matters
>>
>>27527304
Got an interest in Japanese? there's a ton of resources on the internet that I used to learn a bit of it and research around the topic, and I got myself accepted into a university to study it, from scratch since they realised I had enough of an interest to thrive in it. There's a few in the UK that do it, idk where you are.

But yeah, maybe try language learning, and don't handicap yourself by believing "muh oh im bad at language learning" because that's a meme, you learn as much as the effort you put in.
>>
>>27527531
i dont play tabletop but my local comic book store/gaming store hosts those games, and believe me all of those dudes are very robot friendly, you're not going to get judged by them for how you look or who you are, just your ability to play whatever game you're playing
>>
>>27527552
post getting fired greentext pl0x?
>>
>apply
>they want to meet me
>get scared and chicken out

I will be unemployed forever.
>>
>in a lot of debt from going to college (worst mistake of my life. Before anyone asks, yes I graduated.)
>recently quit my retail job after 6 years to do an internship which lead to nothing
>working as a substitute teacher and fucking hate it and only go in about once a week
>maybe 300 dollars in the bank
>spend each day browsing posted jobs online and becoming increasingly discouraged because no one ever fucking calls me back for an interview

I'm so tired of all this shit. I'm trying, OP, but it's just getting harder and harder to even bother. I feel like I'm performing rituals instead of making progress.
>>
File: staregate.jpg (117 KB, 884x1236) Image search: [Google]
staregate.jpg
117 KB, 884x1236
>be me
>do breddy gud in 9th grade
>end up in PSEOP program
>basically get free college classes in HS that count as HS and College credits
>seems like a cool deal
>enroll at different HS
>actually meet people I can talk to
>actually have friends
>don't do so great because of the added workload
>end up failing a few classes, but make most of them up
>get to senior year
>doing good
>second semester rolls around
>the program director is on my shit for not having any post program plans
>end up getting an instructor for a class I had failed
>end up getting a speech class
>end up getting told I have to take an additional math course
>JUSTfuckmyshitupfam.gif
>decide I can do it
>I end up not doing it
>basically failed out of the speech class
>had to go to summer school because I failed the second half of the math I was in
>then got shit from my program director for not passing
>tfw now 2 years later
>tfw 19
>tfw no transcripts just diploma handed out in shitty ceremony in the summer
>tfw no Idea what to do
>tfw parents on my ass all the time now
>tfw feel bad because I feel I failed some younger friends who looked up to me
>tfw got outed for being a neet by a friend on FB

have I been JUST'ed?
or is it my fault

I'm a wreck now
>ineverasked4this.gif
>>
>>27526752
Nice one meng! It's going to be worth it.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.