[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I major in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 640x640
I would like a job where I get to spend the entire workday alone doing my work without people nearby.

I can't decide between, computer science, chemistry or biology.
>>
Make sure you pick something you're sure to want OP. Bio and chem mean lots of labs and potentially group work or at least working in close proximity to people. Same with Comp Sci but maybe less-so. Don't start post secondary unless you have a really good idea of what you want. Don't settle. Its a waste of time and money because you'll probably end up switching majors or dropping out.
>>
>i would like a job
Stopped reading there. Stop lying to yourself.
>>
If you want a job where youre alone and that makes you happy, become a truck driver.

But it sounds like you just want alot of money, not an enjoyable job.
>>
>>27525107
Aww man.
Honestly I wanna do CS because of the pay and isolation (or so I though I guess) I'm a lot more interested in Chem and Bio (can't decide which I like more)

Is there a good job out there that doesn't require much human interaction?
>>
cs and chem are actually stupid hard unless you're passionate and interested in them, like you would study them in your free time, and bio is the psych of STEM and you wont have much of a career unless you want to get a masters+
i would look into IT, maybe. isn't very hard and doesnt make most people want to kill themselves
>>
>>27525264
How different is IT from CS?
What do they actually do? (Aside from having to restart stupid people's computers)
>>
>>27525073
Be a man, pick math.
>>
>>27525307
i think IT studies networking, how computers work, and maybe fuck around in java a little
im a math major so im not really sure
>>
>>27525307
IT is a dead career all the poo in loos are getting the jobs they want you to have crazy experience and knowledge even for a entry level job.
>>
>>27525359
>>27525317

What are you gonna do with a math degree?
>>
>>27525397
But the degree is basically like business admin but with computers. IT will never be a dead end career in this age, it's more than just "help desk"
>>
>>27525073
Accounting
Just plug number into programs, dont really have to be good at anything.
>>
>>27525476
I'm planning on going into cryptography but there are tons of applications.
>>
Don't do computers. I work in IT, you have to deal with fucking idiots all day. In fact, dealing with fucking idiots is about 75% of the job, the other 25% is trying to fix broken shit that was already broken before I even started working but some how it's my fault. And you're expected to be Bill Gates for minimum wage.

Honestly, computers as a career was probably my biggest mistake in life.
>>
If you go into chemistry be prepared to do grad school. The options in industry are very limited with just a bachelor's.
>>
>>27525073
Man biology sucks kinda tho, Youll get plenty of alone time in the lab and while writing, but it is really low wage and boring at times. Also you still need to present your results to other people, cant escape that with any yob i guess.
>>
>>27525211
if you are good in maths, go do maths or mathematical statistics.
>>
File: image.png (18 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18 KB, 509x411
>tfw all three of my desired careers were just shot down

Well shit, what else is there?
Maybe I should just study graphic design like I originally intended..
>>
>>27526330
What else (besides accounting) can you do with a math degree?
>>
>>27525073
what are you doing even

you arent a true robot go ask reddit about careers, normie
>>
>>27526372
I'm trying not to be, but I still am.
>>
File: 1453790742571.gif (25 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1453790742571.gif
25 KB, 500x450
What do you guys think about pharmacology? I'm fresh out of high school and it looks like it pays pretty well. Anykne have experience in this?
>>
>>27526642
Would that mostly be Chem classes?
>>
>>27525073
>qtpi with short blonde hair

my weakness, OP.
>>
>>27525073
Gender studies has great job prospects
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.