[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>5 more hours till game comes out >maybe 12 until crack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: HLD_Screenshot_01_robot_1080.png (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Screenshot_01_robot_1080.png
137 KB, 1920x1080
>5 more hours till game comes out
>maybe 12 until crack and torrent comes out

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>playing video games

its like u want to be a failure in life. try reading a book instead. Virgil's Aeneid is a good place to start.
>>
>>27521481
Turnus dies
>>
>>27521387
Looks cool, what game is this?
>>
>>27521481
>its like u want to be a failure in life
>he goes on /r9k/ and is surprised when people aren't trying hard to be cool
Its almost as if the board is for people who have given up on trying to be successful anon.
>>
>playing indieshit garbage
>>
>>27521387
What game? I should torrent indie games, like shovel Knight... But I won't get updates tho
>>
>>27521481
I'm usually wanting people to stay when they are told to get the fuck out. But please leave.
>>
>>27521873
I can confidently say I've been here before you.
>>
>>27521887
You might have been here longer, not sure without proof and explain. Care to back that up little man?
>>
>>27521481
>Don't observe and/or develop a story in a computer

>do it on a piece of paper instead!

Nice meme.

Bookfags are literally the worst. ANY interesting/thought-provoking/intellectual/etc. topic can be covered in any other form of media, yet bookfags voluntarily spend their time consuming the least interesting one.
>>
What is that a new pokaman?
>>
>>27521958
I've been on r9k since it was a trial board in 2007.

I sincerely doubt you can say the same.
>>
>>27521387
is that you robii~~~n?
>>
>>27522011
You've definitely been on r9k longer, I don't remember seeing it on the main page until around 09 I think, and looking up when it was experimental/trial says 08, so you're a little suspect right now. Either way you are still a little man, that's the breaks boy, yeh, that's the breaks little man, break it down.
>>
>>27522110
>looking up when it was experimental/trial says 08

I bet you just went to the r9k knowyourmeme page. Real 'oldfag' of you.
>>
>>27522148
Damn, you're good. Yeah you got me, I don't know where else to find this shit out though. I wasn't going to use this but you've pushed me too far, I've been on a 4chan as a whole since the summer of 06, mostly /b/, then took a several year break from coming on here regularly. Now I'm back, this time r9k. And I never claimed oldfag status, I just wanted to call you little and possibly get some (You).
>>
>>27522210
What game is this though? When can it be torrented? Memes?
>>
I'm so hype. Planning on getting high as shit and all-nighter-ing this shit tonight. Probably gonna be indieshit anyway but hey, hype is hype.
>>
>>27521962
There are no video games with intellectual or artistic merit.
>>
nani gaimu desu ka
>>
File: HLD_Screenshot_BETA_eyes.png (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HLD_Screenshot_BETA_eyes.png
263 KB, 1920x1080
>>27522267
>>27522031
>>27521832
>>27521663
Hyper Light Drifter
>>
>>27522372

There are no memes to accomodate your lack of original bait.
>>
>>27522471
Not that guy, but saying "NUH UH" is hardly a rebuttal. Why not refute him?

Can you articulate your thoughts into words to defend your own assertion that he's wrong?
>>
>>27522500
Basically, proof and explain.
>>
>>27522513
You're not substantiating your opinion.

Obviously you think that video games DO have artistic or intellectual merit. Why do you think that? Do you have examples? Can you explain WHY you have that opinion or are you unable?
>>
>>27521387
Why are these shitty hipster pixel games so popular all of a sudden?
>>
>>27522581
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>>
>>27522581
I'm not who you were talking to bro, I'm just saying your post was basically my stupid little "proof and explain" shit I do on here sometimes. I don't want any problems with you.
>>
>>27522471
Alright have fun with undertale or whatever amazing deep artistic games. (less depth than a stephen king book)
>>
Wasn't this thing announced like two years ago, I remember it from my /v/ shitposting days
>>
>>27522653
The shitty ones with shitty plot twists and no character development and horrible shit like that?

Go back to your containment board.

>>>/lit/

>>27522655
Yeah, it's released in like 3 and a half hours on Steam.
>>
>>27522500
>>27522372

His statement is purely subjective as "artistic" and "intellectual" merit is impossible to quantify except on a person-by-person basis.

Many people agree that certain other pieces of media, whether it be books, music, or otherwise, have "artistic merit." But what is that? What decides what is artistic? What is intellectual?

Is it something that provokes thought? That's too broad, barely a definition. Is it something that evokes a response or feeling? Maybe.

Saying that "there are no video games with intellectual or artistic merit" is totally up to the person. I can point out games with "merits" all day long. For instance, DotA is a great example of a game that requires massive amounts of thought, planning, and comprehension, as well as quick reflexes and response times, to play at it's highest peak. Starcraft is the same; the memorization in both games is daunting. Or take, for instance something like The Walking Dead. It's mechanics are not great, but it is a story that evokes very deep emotions from the player, as well as immersing them in a story that really makes one question one's self, and what you believe are the best choices. And then you have to live with those choices once you make them.

But other people will not value those things. And that's up to them. I'm just pointing out that his stance is one of ignorance and idiocy that is trying to elicit a response out of others here, knowing that they are passionate about the media in question. And that's just bullshit.

Also, I would like to point out that games are still in their infantile stage. Modern gaming is only about 20-30 years old, not counting very old-school stuff, and along with stigmas surrounding it as well as constantly emergent hardware and massive development costs, games still have not reached the peak of design that they may very well get to in the future. And games have the potential, IMO, to be the greatest form of media possible.
>>
>>27522813
I pity your shallow understanding.

Your post reads like someone who hasn't picked up a book since required reading in school.
>>
>>27522893
I'm sorry that you replied to a clarifying post on my opinion with further direct insult. In future you might try adding a little bit to your argument or trying to explain what you believe to be wrong with mine.

Or I could just keep eating the bait.
>>
>>27522893
Again, we don't need any pseudointellectual faggots here on this board, we already have enough autism. Fuck off back to the circlejerk known as /lit/.
>>
File: 1442613371719.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442613371719.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
>>27522930
>>27522939
Ioving every Iaugh
>>
>>27522769
You seem bright, managed to figure that I used Stephen King as an example of bad literature. Video games have obviously served you well.
>>
I like videogames.

They are
good
>>
>>27522429
specs? sempai
game looks kewl
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.