[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: 3.jpg (515 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
515 KB, 1280x1024
Hey robots, this isn't a typical "go out and just B urself!" motivation thread. I'm filled with the typical self loathing, woulda, shoulda, coulda attitude any other faggot on here has. The only difference might be that I'm in a situation that is forcing my hand, and my meds help me bear with it.

I'm sick of living with five other people in a cramped one bedroom apartment on charity, we would all be homeless without it.

I'm sick of dealing with emotional douchebags and Norman's at my new part time, I hate the job, and wanted to quit since the interview.

So why am I forcing myself to make money? Well, to be honest, I have no motivation. I have 100 gigs of knowledge (library on programming, business, personal finances, including /g/'s gentoomen library) but no desire to make use of any of it, I would come home, play vidya, fap, eat junk food, etc etc. The thing is, I want to do this stuff, without having to worry about money. I want to be a full time NEET with enough money to last me a while.

So in this thread, post what you really want in life, materialistically speaking. Wanting a gf like a disney movie is the opposite of what robots should be focusing on. This isn't easy shit. This isn't a call to "GO OUT AND BE RICH LEL XDDDD" just post what MIGHT motivate you to rise to a tier above your current situation.

For me, its:
>the desire to buy a very nice cello
>the desire to be a sugar daddy for some qt traps and femmes from /r9k/ or /soc/
>the desire to have my entire bathroom tiled in black marble
>the desire to buy a very nice guitar
>the desire to shitpost along with the NEET-frogposter but be serious about it and make fun of assmad wagecucks

So what do you want anon?
>>
File: image.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 645x773
I don't know what I want. It's a truly unpleasant feeling.
>>
Good luck, making money without working and not inheriting it. You either need to cheat the system or be a girl. I doubt your the latter, so good luck with that.
>>
a friend
intimacy
>>
Money.
To buy a driver's license,
To buy a car,
To buy a house for my mother and myself,
Or to help her pay it when she buys it,
To travel,
To experience other cultures,
To do crazy shit like bungee and parachuting,

That's about it. At this point I don't think I trust women enough to even want a gf.
>>
I want to move down south and have a pet water monitor.
>>
>>27521038
Same here famalamadingdong, I made that list off the top of my head but I sat at my bed for a while filled with dread.

>>27521073
I'm working independently. Don't need a job or to "cheat the system" to make money anon, once I make the money I'll post here and prove it, if I fail I'll post the failure too.

>>27521075
Would be nice ;_;

>>27521179
>crazy shit
I can't do it man, I like some thrills but that would be too much it would kill me.

>>27521184
>water monitor
Not really sure why you want a 1080p screen in the water but k, do you fampai
>>
>>27521184
Is that it? Is he even looking at water in that picture?
>>
>the desire to be a sugar daddy for some qt traps and femmes from /r9k/ or /soc/
are you saying you want to give gifts, for nothing in return, to qt people online?

I want to write a book series I'm reasonably proud of. I completely plan to at least attempt it... but it does come with doubts, anxiety, and a hell of a lot of one track mindedness. Meaning it's very hard to focus on it and anything else.
>>
I want to stop being paranoid that inanimate objects like my drawings and my browser history want to kill me.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 784x1020) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 784x1020
U can be my sugar daddy, anon.
>>
>>27521978
I give my dolls air kisses so they don't kill me in my sleep. Do what you gotta do to appease the spirits of animate objects, senpai.
>>
>>27522040
Thanks anon, maybe I can appease them like you.
>>
Bump. I'm here.

Someone give me something to respond to when i read my way down to the bottom
>>
> the desire to buy a beater and participate in an auto race
> the desire for a nice 12 string to accompany my guitar
> the desire to for someone to say I love you and actually mean it
>>
>>27520983
>>27522571

My desire for fame/attention and respect
>>
File: 1442704434784.png (64 KB, 507x540) Image search: [Google]
1442704434784.png
64 KB, 507x540
>>27520983
>So what do you want anon?

>self confidence
>knowing what I truly want to do with my life
>something that makes me excited about my day when I wake up
>be good at something
>my own place
>being better at shooting

I really don't care about >tfwnogf really. I have to learn to like myself before others. It really doesn't cross my mind as much of these other things.
>>
>>27521038
Iktfb

InoThuhFeelbro
>>
Motivation is a meme.
Discipline is my salvation.
I'm still learning, but I'm getting better at maintaining discipline, instead of programming occasionally I'm doing it every day, although how long varies.

As for things I want
>To at least make one game
>To get a higher educate
>To live in my own self built home
>To stop having the urge to lick toilets and do other disgusting stuff

I licked the underside of a car door handle when I was walking outside today, I just got done licking the bottom of my shoe like 5 minutes ago
>>
File: 1458071168277.png (58 KB, 1057x654) Image search: [Google]
1458071168277.png
58 KB, 1057x654
>wanting anything more than wisdom
>>
-To get on a degree that I have the conviction to finish; considering law.
-Fix my sleeping pattern so I can get to the gym and do some real lifting, I'm tired of being weak.
-Get a punch bag, stupid gym doesn't have one.
-Eat less shit and more good stuff; my bad diet already cost me a part of my liver.
-Need to get a tent.
-Work up to camping and bushcrafting at least once a month.
-Get myself disciplined again, I lost it while I was focusing on mindfulness (don't ask).
-Maybe start boxing and/or rock climbing.
-Find the balls to go practice with my staff. Fucking impossible to find an open, private space near me.

And that's just what I'm working on this week. Soon as the discipline's back, I have a very long list of shit I've been putting off.

To anyone who is struggling to figure out what they want; don't sweat it. Just take care of your body and mind (just go for long walks and meditate, maybe even both at the same time, and don't eat too much salt or sugar), and figure out who you are. Once you have a rough idea of your convictions and/or purpose, figuring out how to live your life is easy.

Protip: if you find yourself having a thought that you can't explain, or are just curious about, Google it. Might have to re-word it a few times, but you'll find someone else who has already asked for help with roughly the same thought, and you can see the answers they got. You're never alone in anything.
>>
>>27523203
"Focusing on mindfulness"?
>>
>>27523262
I knew as soon as I posted that someone would do it.

Not gonna go in to as much detail as I could, but basically, I had a batshit crazy girlfriend (dumped her now) who did a serious number on me mentally and caused the depression I beat a couple of years ago to resurface.

I beat said depression with a load of meditation, but because it had been gone for so long, I had stopped meditating. Soon as I realised what she was doing to me, I broke it off and got straight to meditating again, but it took me a month to beat down the depression and regain my mentality, during which time I got lazy. Probably gonna take me a week or two to fully get myself back together.

The whole ordeal has been pretty educational, and I definitely won't get sloppy again, but goddamn have I learned why you never stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>27523458
Samefag; just realised that might not have been an answer to the question, in which case, call me a faggot and ask again.
>>
>>27523458
No wonder you didn't want to be asked about it- it exposes you aren't a robot. Just fuck off normie.
>>
File: 1453609629575.png (322 KB, 591x716) Image search: [Google]
1453609629575.png
322 KB, 591x716
I want to be extremely healthy physically and mentally. Honestly I willing to work for the rest if I just had that, but my body feels ruined from years of unhealthy living and bad habits, and mentally I'm just gone. Whenever I get myself all hyped up to change for the better, I'll just out of nowhere find myself with zero energy and extremely bitter, shit sucks.
>>
>>27523480
You're right, I'm not. I used to be, social anxiety and depression and virginity and all. But I'm a quick learner, and have convictions to motivate me, so I solved my issues; that episode I just described has been my only setback in 5 years of rapid self-improvement.

Anyway, enough of my life story; the reason I'm here isn't because I belong here, it's because none of you do. There is so much hope for you; not to get a job, or to have sex, or any of that shit, but to choose your own path in life, then walk it.

Let's be honest, very few people are here because they want to be, you're here because you've seen everything the world has to offer and you want very little of it, if any at all. Same reason I came here at first. But the more I lurked, the more I saw myself, and the more I wanted to better myself. And I did it, and I'm proud of it; you can have that same pride, that same satisfaction. Not happiness, none of us will ever have that. But purpose.

I'm here now to teach and inspire you to get out of this place and live your life your way, whatever that may be.

Tell you what; if this post gets 3 (unique, been here long enough to spot samefags) replies telling me to go away, I'll listen. I'll accept that I'm wrong, that I'm not wanted, and I'll never so much as lurk on this board again. But you guys have a lot of problems which I have solved, which will probably take you a decade or more to do alone, so I think that'd be pretty dumb.. But you have the right to be.
>>
>>27523770

Even if you get 3 please dont leave.i need you g.

Help me?

Where do we start?
>>
>>27522846
>the last point
I thought I was the only one
>>
>to have enough money to own a small old home in my hometown
>be on bux
>have a good pc
>have a qt bf and adopt or some shit
>travel Europe, East Asia, and Latin America
>vr
>>
>>27523813
Wanting to start is the start. The next step is simple; who are you? It's not a trick question, it's important to know how you define yourself, because that's the perspective you tackle problems from.
>>
>>27523919

I'm a fat socially awkward neckbeard. I was bullied through school, alienated the few friends i had after high school in the last 3 years. So I'm 20, a neet, and wasting my life in mommys home.
>>
File: greed_by_liol.jpg (58 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
greed_by_liol.jpg
58 KB, 600x592
I want it all Op. I want everything
>>
File: 6574756754.jpg (211 KB, 900x992) Image search: [Google]
6574756754.jpg
211 KB, 900x992
I've been working towards a few goals for the last few months

>get /fit/, already lost 45 pounds but I'm still totally muscleless and have a good 30 more to shed.
>git gud at my creative pursuits, art, writing, game design and sculpting I'm pretty much still a novice in all of them.
>escape wage slavery. I'm already pretty much there with my part time job I do for myself and I'm pretty sure I could live off it if I quit my job and started doing it full time but I want to be sure and save a decent amount of cash before I do make the change.

That's basically it really. I don't have much desire to get a relationship. I'm not a mgtow or anything, but I just haven't felt the need for one, nor have I met any women or men for that matter I felt any tinge of romantic attraction to.

>>27523573
I was trapped in the yesterday you said tomorrow loop for a long time anon. The key for me was just to stop thinking in terms of motivation. When eating healthy stopped being something I tried to do and just became something I did, when spending a few hours a day on my art rather than shitposting on 4chan all day became my default leisure, I started to improve in earnest, not the few times when I said "YEA TOMORROWS THE FUCKIN DAY WE'RE TURNING EVERYTHING AROUND" I did that several times in the past and nothing came of it. What was successful was discipline and just doing my best every day, not the fleeting fuel of motivation. I do what I should out of habit now, not because I'm motivated.

Just start to think at the start of your day "what's a reasonable goal" "I'll make sure to count my calories today" or "I'll work on that thing I've wanted to do for myself"
>>
>>27520983
Lost me at the sugardaddy trap meme.

Au revoir
>>
>>27520983
>woulda, shoulda, coulda attitude any other faggot on here has
I think you've made a fundamental misunderstanding.
>>
>>27523959
So you define yourself, largely, by the shit that's been imposed on you. Whether it's by yourself, other kids, or society, doesn't matter, you're the one who's gonna make it all right, or die trying. This seems edgy now, but once you build the confidence to push yourself to higher levels, it's the attitude you'll end up with. And believe me, modesty isn't good, it just holds you back; whatever ego you have now, embrace it, because half this shit is mind over matter.

Okay, so what parts of you do you want to change or improve? And don't say everything, even if that's how you feel; you might be overwhelmed by your issues with yourself and the world around you, but try to prioritise them, and say the ones you feel are most important. You'll be surprised how small they feel after a few years of identifying problems and solving them.

I don't really know how pretentious I sound, but if I do, it's because I'm trying to put the whole thought process in to words. Sure I could just answer all your problems, but you won't be aware of 90% of your problems until after you've solved these, and I'm probably not gonna be around to give more answers. But if I show you the thought process, with time, you should be able to refine and master them on your own. Like I said, this is about you forging your own path, not me showing it to you.
>>
>>27524175
Well everything i touched on in that last post are the most important.

My weight, the fact that I'm doing nothing, my lack of social skills and lack of friends.

I guess I'm not sure how to convince myself to start. I've given up a couple of times in changing my life before. This time i want to actually do it. But I'm stuck with this feeling that I'm waiting for something to start. Does that make sense?

Hollywood has lead me to believe i should get my coming of age moment. Because that's what this is, i need to grow up and leave my neetdom (childhood) behind. But no day feels right because I'm waiting for a decisive sign. And i know life is never gonna give me a sign, and I'm gonna be stuck waiting for a long time, but i can't shake the feeling.
>>
>>27520983
>So in this thread, post what you really want in life, materialistically speaking.
>materialistically speaking

I guess just give me a cool 100 mil

I'm too forgetful to write up a list
>>
>>27524349
I get you completely. It's like you're waiting for life to open a door you never saw before, so you can walk through it and be where you belong, do what you know you're meant to do. I was the same for a long time; honestly, in a few aspects of my life I'm still doing this (example: quitting smoking), and in a few others I just got lucky and sort of fell in place (example: quitting drinking). There are two ways you can think of this. Firstly, you can be more open about seeing opportunities; hell, you just happened to see my post on this thread, on this board, at this time. Mathematically improbable, yet it happened, and you could very easily see this as a sign. Or secondly, you can accept that no door is going to magically appear, and that the only way for you to get to where you should be is by training yourself to be strong enough, physically and mentally, to smash through that wall. Fuck doors.

Okay, so let's get to work on those problems. The basic method is simple and applies universally; identify the problem, solve it, repeat as necessary. You know this. To lose weight you exercise and eat better, you know this. The reason weight is a problem is because you're not doing what you know you should, and the reason for that is the reason your weight is a problem in the first place; maybe you wanna call it laziness, maybe something else, it doesn't really matter, the point is, at the end of every day you find that you haven't done what you know you should have done, despite nothing getting in your way. As you said, you've had days where you have done these things; maybe even a few days in a row. But you end up rubber-banding back to the start.

>Gonna have to continue in another post, gone past the character limit.
>>
>>27522605
>buying a beater
how is this a thing? Obviously you will place last in said race for buying a beater on purpose.
>>
>>27524349
>>27524668

Unfortunately, your weight isn't the fundamental problem, you are. So the only solution is to become someone else, and the only way to do that is to systematically destroy your old self and replace each part with something better. This is just logic, brutal but true, same as the process. You can do the destruction part easily; hating parts of yourself and attacking them is something you probably do already. the trick is to be in control of this process.

So here's where all the philosophy and pretentious bullshit starts to matter; meditation. Forget everything you know about meditation; it's just sitting comfortably and learning to clear your mind of all thoughts and feelings. If you're gonna attack yourself, you need to be able to stop before you get carried away, and this is how. It helps at first to have something to focus on, makes it easier to stop focusing on your thoughts; I started by sitting on my bed and staring at a watch, focusing on the sound of ticking. After a while, I switched to focusing on my breathing and started doing breathing exercises (Google it) simultaneously. Now I can do it on command.

So that's how you get rid of the fundamental flaws in yourself. Next you need to replace them with something better, and you do this by reconditioning yourself. So for losing weight, you reward yourself every time you do something right, namely eating healthy and exercising. You decide how you reward yourself, you'll know when you're doing it right. It's worth noting that, given how you got here, you'll be very tempted to punish yourself for doing something wrong; I did this for a long while, and IT DOES NOT WORK. It just makes you feel like shit. Failure isn't fucking up, it's giving up, so learn to forgive yourself and just try again tomorrow.

What do you think about all this?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.