[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheists, what would it take for you to convert to christianity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 20
File: Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-01.jpg (135 KB, 953x1045) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Loves-You-Wallpaper-01.jpg
135 KB, 953x1045
Atheists, what would it take for you to convert to christianity?
>>
The prime minister of my country dies tonight. Absolutely no explanations to why that happened. he just died.
>>
If you pray hard enough, you can get a girlfriend.
>>
Can Jesus give me trips?
>>
All I need is proof.
>>
>>27518052
He can't
>>
i used to be a pretty devout Christian before actually. i can sing and remember some of the Gospel songs i used to sing at my church.
>>
File: 1458082544243.gif (804 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1458082544243.gif
804 KB, 300x300
>>27517892
if dubs jesus loves me
>>
>>27518117
How about dubs? Jesus, if you're reading this and give me dubs, I'll start on that christcore reading list right now.
>>
I wish I believed in God but I just can't make myself
>>
Believing in it would be a good start

I want to believe, heaven would be the source of infinite solace. I can't get rid of the doubt.
>>
>>27517892
She tells me she loves me today.
>>
>>27517892
Either proofs or brainwashing. I would actually prefer to be a christian but I simply cannot comprehend a god existing nor the teachings of the bible being true.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 640x640
Will believe in God and become a devout Christian is trips
>>
a miracle

>domo arigato mr roboto
>>
>>27517892
for the christian god to erase me from existence since it would be a shit reality
>>
>>27517892
I actually would like to be christian because heaven seems like a pretty comfy beleif, i'm too old to be converted now though which sucks.
>>
>>27517892
>Atheists, what would it take for you to convert to christianity
Verified evidence that shows beyond a reasonable doubt that Christianity is true.
Not really a big ask if you ask me.
>>
File: 1458157262553.png (454 KB, 886x756) Image search: [Google]
1458157262553.png
454 KB, 886x756
If the catholic church itself is changing their views on facts and whats accepted I'm pretty sure that just confirms their full of crap.
>>
>>27518223
Supersonic kek
>>
If trips I become /fit/ and start going to church every sunday
>>
If trips I will change my life and go to church every sunday
>>
File: Atheist.jpg (83 KB, 294x392) Image search: [Google]
Atheist.jpg
83 KB, 294x392
>>27517892
For Jesus himself to come to me and tell me what variation is the correct one.
>>
>>27517892

Gods fake dude.

Source: I believed strongly in him for many years then I came to a sudden realization he's not real.
>>
The fact this board even exists is a huge strike against any god existing, or at least one who cares.

I've tried, for fucking years, to believe and I still try. But with my own situation (depressed out of my fucking mind and a screw-up on every level), and the state of the world today... I just don't know what to do anymore.

And, despite what people tell you, religion IS the cause of nearly all of the world's problems. Yes, good has come out of it (when it's practiced correctly in its simplest form, like Jesus advocated, but it almost never is), but more often than not it's just bad.

I wish something like the rapture would happen and get rid of all the hyper-evangelicals, Islamic terrorists and other fucked-up cults. They wouldn't be missed.
>>
>>27517892
If i wasn't required to go to church (Lazy) and get married and have kids (anti-social faggot no one loves)
>>
If I get quads right now
>>
>>27518493

Spot on

Bravo bro.
>>
>>27518375
>>27518396

According to the stupid bible you need to believe in him and do the effort yourself. Pretty stupid. Also you have to ask him to give you the will and strength to do it everyday. Again pretty stupid.
>>
>>27517892
literally Jesus would have to descend from the clouds in front of my eyes and give me some good fucking answers for why shit is why it is.

why god created sin if he was gonna throw a bitch-fit about it. why he created hell if he loves his creations. why is it so impossible to live a happy life as an average human being. why war. why disease. some fucking loving god.
>>
>>27518559

Tell me about it.

HURR DURR BAD PEOPLE GET EVERYTHING BUT GOOD PEOPLE DONT - GOD and Jebud crud

HURR DURR LE GOD CREATOR OF EARTH AND SHIT

Fuck I hate anything to do with Jesus and God. If God is so fucking real why did he take away me grandma from me? Why did my uncle kill his wife and and then shot himself?

Fuck God that's why.
>>
File: 1447625343004.png (438 KB, 700x616) Image search: [Google]
1447625343004.png
438 KB, 700x616
I considered becoming a Christian to gain access to Christ's love but immediately realized that that would be equivalent to a entertaining an imaginary friend whom others happen to believe in. It sounds like a spiteful dig at Christianity to say that but I don't resent the faith in any capacity. I sympathize heavily with its emphasis on mercy, forgiveness, tolerance, and universal love.
>>
I wish I had something to believe in but I just can't. The thought of a higher being just seems absurd.
>>
>>27518621

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN I TOLD MY GRANDFATHER ABOUT MY GRANDMA BEING DEAD HE SAID GOOD

WHY IS IT FUCKING ME

WHY IS IT THAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME AND MY MOM ARGUIJG EVERY FUCKING DAY
>>
Having a single prayer answered.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-17-00-41-58.png (301 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-17-00-41-58.png
301 KB, 1080x1920
There are no ways. Even if I had physical proof my senses could deceive me and God doesn't make sense in any rational level for me to give a shit
>>
Objective proof of god
If god was proven to exist then I'd be religious
>>
File: 1442512598890.jpg (717 KB, 800x7200) Image search: [Google]
1442512598890.jpg
717 KB, 800x7200
>>27518629
Who's the blonde?
>>
>>27517892
>Atheists, what would it take for you to convert to christianity?

Solid evidence that Christianity is an accurate representation of the way the universe works.
>>
>>27517892
A change, or at least massive re-interpretation, of all it's values, dogmas and teachings. Proof would be nice too, but that's secondary - I could accept the symbol of Christ on values alone.

I think the following video, by a Catholic priest, ironically enough shows all that I find wrong with Christianity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLnNpkAOswnbkORN1fPLzZuNzvIuh37SN2&v=lWf-h2BLzOA

Like he himself admits, Jesus as a character is pretty shit. What makes it OK is that he is God and therefore justified in being a megalomaniac pshycho because being God makes him good by definition. I just can't accept that; an arsehole is an arsehole no matter what magic tricks they can pull off.

Being of a divine nature ought to place a HIGHER moral demand on someone, not make dick moves on their part acceptable. Even if Jesus was real and I knew it for a fact, I'd burn in Hell. Not because I wouldn't try to accept him: I would, fear of Hell would push me to it. But I could never be sincere. In the back of my head I'd always hate him; I'd always think "nigga I kicked a pidgeon once because I was on speed and I'm still a better person than you..." I wouldn't be able to overcome that I, as an arsehole, am still morally superior to God simply by virtue of not having nuked entire cities because homos live there.
>>
>>27518876
>being God makes him good by definition
I never got this. Is might supposed to make right after all?
>>
A formal apology from God himself for creating the world, followed by its immediate destruction.
>>
File: 1427045559986.jpg (175 KB, 1237x793) Image search: [Google]
1427045559986.jpg
175 KB, 1237x793
>>27518776
Some /pol/-tan
>>
>>27518398
such a cringey and tryhard picture
>>
I personally believe a God exists, but he has no connection to the religions that exist today. I think the religions are all bullshit, but there is a silent administrator that is present.
>>
>>27518776
Rachel Purity, or /pol/=chan
>>
>>27517892
God revealing himself.

Otherwise nothing. I get the appeal of believing that there's a life after this one that has meaning, but I'd probably sudoku before I tossed my hat in that ring. I just don't think I'd be able to stop thinking how I'm using this to not think about the pointlessness of life.
>>
>>27519157
Same here. I believe in a creator that views his creation as more of a science experiment. Watching, uninvolved, to see what happens.
>>
I'm jealous of Christians because they live their life genuinely believing that they will enter eternity in paradise after death.

Can you imagine believing that? It would make life so happy and carefree.
>>
>>27518944
No. Worse. The argument is that it doesn't, not for you or me or anyone. Except when God does it. Just like killing is wrong. Except when God does it. It seems like rather than being the source of morality, God is it's exception. His actions are always perfect and he is unable to do wrong, but if any entity that was NOT God did exactly what he did, those actions would be considered evil. He just operates on another level, one that does not apply to anyone else, nor does our morality apply to him. Why? Because that's the definition.
>>
The problem I have with religion is that I'm not being asked to believe in the word of God, I'm being asked to believe in the word of whoever wrote the bible. The fact that the bible has been translated and retranslated and amended by multiple authors makes it even more difficult to trust.
>>
>>27519216
Too carefree. Too easy. Too comfortable. No worries, no cares, true, but also no challenges, no existential crisis to overcome and grow from. It's perpetual childhood, and they admit to this proudly.
>>
>>27517892
I'd convert if they would let me even though I don't believe in God. Church seems nice, you get to know a lot of people there and they have a sense of community.
>>
I've been going to church twice a week and also immersed myself in an outside bible study group that meets once a week for the past 1.5 years

Yet it all stills seems like a load of shit and brainwashing to me. I just keep going because I have friends there. It just seems so strange to me that these people have a completely different timeline of universal events in their heads because of a 2000.year old book written by sheep herders. It's like a fandom that went too far and now people actually believe it
>>
>>27517892
Amen amen amen amen
>>
>>27517892
If Jesus loves me, how come he hasn't gotten me a gf?
>>
If she texts me tonight saying she's into me.

Or ever, really.
>>
Show me proof that the Abrahamic god exists

prot-tip: you can't.
>>
>all these plebs asking God for dubs
>>
It would take non anecdoctal evidence that gid exists. Also, the bible doesn't.
>>
>>27519043
Is /pol/ supposed to be gendo?
>>27519170
Thanks m8s
>>
>>27519357
It's so weird to me. Like, imagine living in a country without religion, then moving. You see churches and shit and you're like, "what the actual fuck?"
>>
>>27518249
>too old to be converted
durrr
>>
As a hard believing Christian I'll spread the belief
And to prove this here's my dubs
>>
>>27517892
What does it mean to convert to Christianity?
>>
>>27519357
>these people have a completely different timeline of universal events in their heads
Proddies aren't christians.
>>
Just kidding before here's my trips thooo
>>
test

& % :

5343tfvqrwef
>>
File: y7Hj7Rr.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
y7Hj7Rr.gif
2 MB, 335x237
>>27519285
Is it wrong to tell a religious person they are delusional? Should I just let them have their stories? It seems a bit arrogant because I'm assuming I'm right. Then again confronting death and existentialism is important. If they have already thought long and hard about those two things and then decide to be religious that's okay, no?
What do you think arcanine?
>>
>>27517892

If dubs, I'll read the Gospels

If trips, I'll read the entire Bible and seriously consider Christianity

If quads, I will read the Bible and begin searching for a church, in addition to reading large amounts of Christian literature.

Plot twist: Everybody else who sees this will have to conform as well.
>>
dubs and I'll believe in God
>>
Quads for jesus
>>
>>27519285
nigga read some joseph de maistre and compare that to sam harris and tell me which one has the most childish views
>>
>>27519962
>leaving anything to Sam Harris
Shit form m8
>>
>>27517892
A massive amount of stupidity and ignorance.
By the way there is a possibility that religion is related to the brain in that how some people are born thinking they are female when they are male, many people are born to be delusional.
>>
>>27517892
I'd need to see actual proof that god is real and is benevolent, like He's described in the Bible.
>>
>>27518114
There is no proof, which makes believing difficult. Have faith, pray, do good deeds however small and go to church on Sunday, that's all the Lord asks for.
>>
>>27520005
But why would you beleive in that?
>>
I actually pray to god all the time starting this last month and feel happier. My prayers are so awkward though because I always feel like I should talk less about myself and more about him, but he never answers of course
>>
>>27517892
I just want to be with her forever.

If that happens, I'll believe that God exists and say the Sh'ma.
>>
>>27520041
Because without that life has no meaning. Living a good life, in the eyes of God that is, is quite easy, and the reward, being eternal life, is substantial. I believe because faith and God are more satisfying than atheism and nihilism, thougj nihilists do raise fair points. I believe because that is all there is, that is the only hope and salvation for me.
>>
File: slide_217479_820769_free.jpg (386 KB, 767x1000) Image search: [Google]
slide_217479_820769_free.jpg
386 KB, 767x1000
Daily reminder that the Shroud of Turin is in fact Jesus' burial cloth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

>b-but they dated it back to the 13th century!
The sample was part of a later repair, the dating contradicts other evidence, the sample was contaminated by bacteria, smoke or reactive carbon and the calculations were done incorrectly. You can verify all of my statements.

Studies on the radiocarbon sample from the shroud of Turin:
http://www.shroud.it/ROGERS-3.PDF

Shroud-like coloration of linen by nanosecond laser pulses in the vacuum ultraviolet (it explains that they replicated the shroud's qualities using laser pulsations, which so far is the only way anyone has been able the replicate the shroud's qualities):
http://www.sindone.info/DILAZZA3.PDF

Also, secular Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journal Articles on the Shroud of Turin:
http://shroud.typepad.com/topics/2005/10/secular_peerrev.html
>>
>>27517892
I need to start seeing some resurrections in order to stop calling bullshit on Christianity.
>>
Unless God or Christ himself visits me, or I have a near-death experience and see Heaven or Hell, I'm convinced that God isn't real.
>>
>>27517892
You can explain the science behind how God's magic powers work.
>>
If this comment gets trips. Jesus is the son of God.
>>
>>27520177
God is a paradox. God defies all logic and meaning, he does whatever is his will. He could create an object even he could not lift, but then lift it anyway. There is no explanation for God, but we believe anyway.
t. Catholic
>>
>>27520005

the truth doesn't seem to matter to you guys, huh?
>>
a christian trap gf
>>
>>27517892
Unless God lets me nut inside I ain't converting to shit
>>
File: Jesus Christ-min.jpg (677 KB, 1971x2400) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ-min.jpg
677 KB, 1971x2400
>>27520134
https://shroudofturin.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/yannick-clc(remove space)3(remove space)a(remove space)9(remove space)ment_raymond-n-rogers-observations-and-conclusions-concerning-the-body-image-that-is-visible-on-the-shroud-of-turin.pdf
>>
>>27520219
What truth is there to atheism? I don't want to commit the burden of proof fallacy, but honestly atheism has no proof to suggest God does not exist.
>>
>>27517892
Can't convert from Atheism, they would need baptism depending on the sect. Bro do you even save?
>>
>>27519867
Yes, it's wrong because it will do nothing but anger and hurt them. No one will be converted by 'asshole atheism' - it's just intellectual masturbation to feel superior. If you really want to help someone, talk to them about philosophy and help them exercise their independent and critical thinking. Don't insult or criticise. Maybe they'll grow out of the stories, maybe they'll just develop them into something meaningful; either way they'll grow as people.

I helped my latina gf overcome generations of catholicism, but I never once criticised; I just talked to her about stuff and was genuinely interested in her POV. The more the thought about certain things, the more she developed her own views rather than accepting what others had said. She didn't go my way, she found her own.

>>27519962
>sam harris
Sam Harris is an ideological atheist, who's writings I dislike. de Maistre's superiority as an author does not prove the existance go God, however.

>>27520005
>Have faith
I do, just not in Him.
>pray
No, I act.
>do good deeds
Of course.
>go to church on Sunday
I do, just not His church. Mine has a naked chick on the altar and slightly more singing in praise of Baphomet. That's cool also, right?
>>
>>27520248
this link is about Raymond N. Rogers' observations and conclusions

(The fucking robot wouldn't let me post that link because of the ascii and wouldn't even let me post the phrase above with the link that has (remove space), I was losing my mind)
>>
test

http://shroudnm.com/docs/2013-01-10-Yannick-Cl%C3%A9ment-Reflections-on-Ray-Rogers-Shroud-Work.pdf
>>
>>27520134
It is a cool and mysterious artifact.
BUT, lt is not the only cool and mysterious artifact - most of which do not correlate the bible's historicity.

But let's say that the shroud could be shown to have unique properties beyond the normal mysterious artifacts - so much so that there was no doubt of it being the most important artifact in history.
Still, NOTHING about the shroud itself suggests any correlation with the biblical story of Jesus of Nazareth.
>>
>>27520134
>The sample was part of a later repair, the dating contradicts other evidence, the sample was contaminated by bacteria, smoke or reactive carbon and the calculations were done incorrectly. You can verify all of my statements.

Funny because the wikipedia link you posted refutes all those statements and has way more sources than you offer. It's from the 13th century dude.
>>
>>27520095
Meaning we create for ourselves, and virtues are their own rewards. He who needs rewards is greedy, not good.

>>27520263
You want me to prove a negative? Good back to school, lad.
Also, atheism, despite the recent upsurge of cringelords who might have convinced you otherwise, is not an ideology or belief. Just a lack of the same.
>>
>>27517892
Even if you prove God exists it doesn't really mean much. You're ultimate fate would still be predetermined well before you were ever born. There would be no reason to follow the morals of the bible because God's will, not your choices, are all that would matter. There would be no moral absolutes other than "lol do what God says". Any theocracy you set up would end up corrupt as fuck as it tries to enforce thought crime laws
>>
>>27520268
You believe in a goat devil?
>>
File: original-1.jpg (1 MB, 1892x2836) Image search: [Google]
original-1.jpg
1 MB, 1892x2836
*****FIXED*****

Daily reminder that the Shroud of Turin is in fact Jesus' burial cloth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

>b-but they dated it back to the 13th century!
The sample was part of a later repair, the dating contradicts other evidence, the sample was contaminated by bacteria, smoke or reactive carbon and the calculations were done incorrectly. You can verify all of my statements.

Raymond N. Rogers' observations and conclusions:
http://shroudnm.com/docs/2013-01-10-Yannick-Cl%C3%A9ment-Reflections-on-Ray-Rogers-Shroud-Work.pdf

Shroud-like coloration of linen by nanosecond laser pulses in the vacuum ultraviolet (it explains that they replicated the shroud's qualities using laser pulsations, which so far is the only way anyone has been able the replicate the shroud's qualities):

>>
You can't OP.

I don't really believe in a God (but i have nothing against people who do). I find the idea of a greater being controlling everything that happens a little unbelievable.
But, the message Jesus brought (by this I mean doing the right thing, and all of that) is actually valid, and it has an intention.
Religion is a way to teach what people consider in the moral sprectum as good.. But, people follow it blindly, and that makes it easier for anyone to abuse that power that religion brings.
>>
>>27517892
that i have absolutely no humanity left
i have all of the deadly sins
i feed off of them they feed off of me it is a parasitic relationship
>>
>>27520095
So you believe God exists because you would prefer for him to exist, without regard to how likely or unlikely this is? That's a poor reason to believe something.
And why does life need a meaning? I don't see what's so bad about the goal of life being simply to enjoy it. I'm not sure how God existing would even imbue life with any meaning, anyway.

There would still be no real purpose to one's existence beyond attaining as much personal happiness as possible.
If doing so required you to deviate from God's plan and reject whatever meaning he had in mind for life, you'd be a fool not to.
>>
>>27520263
Really think about what you're suggesting.

What proof would prove something doesn't exist? There is no proof that can show that other than LACK of proof for something. There is a significant lack of proof for god.
>>
>>27520095
While religion can be beneficial for some, it often is misinterpreted causing individuals to act irrationally. I think of the bible as a great book of parables that teaches morals beneficial to society. As an atheist my motivation is to make the world better for those who come after me. Humans have evolved to desire these things and help others so as to further evolve the human species. While some may need a book to push them in the right direction, I do not, and that is why I am an atheist.
>>
File: It hurts.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
It hurts.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Post your favorite bible verse, here is mine.

I am like a desert owl, like an owl among the ruins. I lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof. All day long my enemies taunt me; those who rail against me use my name as a curse.
>>
File: 3 (original 2).png (818 KB, 639x762) Image search: [Google]
3 (original 2).png
818 KB, 639x762
>>27520317
>the wikipedia link you posted refutes all those statements
No it doesn't, it seems presents the arguments from both sides and instead of focusing on Wikipedia you should take time to examine all the evidence presented in those links:
>>27520358

As I wrote, they also replicated the shroud's qualities using laser pulsations, which so far is the only way anyone has been able the replicate the shroud's qualities.

Nuclear imaging:
http://shroud.com/pdfs/whanger.pdf
http://www.shroud.com/pdfs/accett2.pdf

3D holographic information:
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2009/847/
http://www.ohioshroudconference.com/papers/p24.pdf

>It's from the 13th century dude
Some fragments from later repairs. You literally have no idea how the tests were conducted.

I bet a lot of people who got crucified got lashed first, then crowned with a crown of thorns and then stabbed by a spear at a specific spot that oh so coincidentally coincides with the Biblical account. I mean, you can deny it all you want if it makes you feel better anyways.
>>
>>27520476
Ezekiel 23: 19-21
19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. 21 So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled
>>
>>27520268
I'm not entirely sure if you are in the clear for eternal life. If all gods are God, then certainly, but if God is the only true God then you may he considered a false god worshipper. In my mind you're cool, but I'm not sure how you would fare in the afterlife.
>>27520330
We can create for ourselves, but that is not nearly as meaningful as that of the rewards God gives. Virtue is a reward in itself, I never said otherwise. I am not Catholic only for eternal life, and have actually questioned whether heaven is a good thing, I am not greedy.
Atheism is a lack of belief, but that lack of belief constitutes as a belief. You can't prove the negative, I can't prove the positive, so the only solution is faith one way or the other.
>>27520394
I suppose that is true, I would prefer that God exists and his existence is unlikely, but my faith remains strong.
Life doesn't really need a meaning, but life without meaning is void of purpose.
The purpose, I suppose, is to make others happy in your quest to make yourself happy.
>>27520402
There is no proof for the existence of God or against the existence m8, live and let live.
>>27520446
That's reasonable. Extremists will exist in every religion, including lack of religion. I don't need God to help others, God is kind of a guide, a helper in your quest to help other people.
>>
>>27520487
Holy shit, talk about falsified information
>>
File: 1453089792880.jpg (113 KB, 960x727) Image search: [Google]
1453089792880.jpg
113 KB, 960x727
>>27520505
I had a feeling someone would post the one about the Egyptians being hung like donkeys and shooting gallons of semen. I prefer more "philosophical" and "beautiful" verses.

But we all like different things.
>>
>>27517892
if god gives me trips rn
>>
>>27520543
>that desperate denial
Cringe.
>>
>>27520595
>that tryhard puckered asshole of an opinion
double cringe
>>
>>27520476
the psalms are legitimately beautiful most of the time.

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
>>
>>27520629
>given plenty of reliable secular scientific sources
>''blablabla you're just wrong blablabla''
Triple cringe.
>>
Not that I'm totally atheistic, but I'd have to witness an honest to fucking God miracle to become truly faithful. Plus I'd need some confirmation that it was actually YHVH and that Christianity was the correct form of worship.
>>
>>27520671
>reliable
you realize that this is the internet, right?
do you know where you are right now? do you need an adult?
>>
>>27520732
Stop shitposting, put your big boy pants on and examine the evidence, it's all here:

Raymond N. Rogers' observations and conclusions:

Nuclear imaging:

3D holographic information:

Now it's just a matter of denial.
>>
>>27517892
True love and qt gfs for all of /r9k/
>>
>>27520773
>try to read one
>wall of links
>click
>paywall
you're so good at being convincing
really feelin' that famous Christian love radiating from your ass
>>
>>27520095
So it doesn't matter which god i believe in then, i could just make one up if i wanted too as long as it keeps my mind comfortable and stops me from thinking about nihilism?
>>
>>27517892

Dubs and I'll believe in God.

Trips and I'll believe that he is a personal God, and I will pray to Him.

Quads and God has a name: his name is Jesus.

If I get trips but not quads I'll reroll for particular religions.
>>
>>27520352
Nah, symbolically I guess.

>>27520476
My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh
that lies between my breasts.
My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms
in the vineyards of Ein Gedi

>>27520525
If at the end, I myself am content with my life, His judgement matters not.

>You can't prove the negative, I can't prove the positive, so the only solution is faith one way or the other.
It's not the same. The negative can never be proven, that defies logic. The positive MUST be proven to warrent belief in it.

>his existence is unlikely
You don't actually believe in God as such, you like the idea and believe in the ideals. That's not a bad thing, actually.

>>27520650
Indeed. 23 is my fave.

>The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want
>He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
>He leadeth me beside the still waters
>He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me
>In the paths of righteousness for his name's sake
>Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
>I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me
>Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies
>Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over
>Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
>And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever
>>
>>27520818
>wall of links
>paywall
Why are you making shit up? They are PDF documents publically accessible.
>>
I like how when you read some of the Psalms, it's almost like /r9k/ wrote it.

Lord, you are the God who saves me;
day and night I cry out to you.
May my prayer come before you;
turn your ear to my cry.

I am overwhelmed with troubles
and my life draws near to death.
I am counted among those who go down to the pit;
I am like one without strength.
I am set apart with the dead,
like the slain who lie in the grave,
whom you remember no more,
who are cut off from your care.

You have put me in the lowest pit,
in the darkest depths.
Your wrath lies heavily on me;
you have overwhelmed me with all your waves.
You have taken from me my closest friends
and have made me repulsive to them.
I am confined and cannot escape;
my eyes are dim with grief.

I call to you, Lord, every day;
I spread out my hands to you.
Do you show your wonders to the dead?
Do their spirits rise up and praise you?
Is your love declared in the grave,
your faithfulness in Destruction?
Are your wonders known in the place of darkness,
or your righteous deeds in the land of oblivion?
But I cry to you for help, Lord;
in the morning my prayer comes before you.
Why, Lord, do you reject me
and hide your face from me?

From my youth I have suffered and been close to death;
I have borne your terrors and am in despair.
Your wrath has swept over me;
your terrors have destroyed me.
All day long they surround me like a flood;
they have completely engulfed me.
You have taken from me friend and neighbor
darkness is my closest friend.
>>
>>27520671
>every fucking domain has "shroud" written in it.
Yup, totally reliable and not at all biased.
>>
>>27520894
I looked for the only reliable looking one, which is Nature.
bam. paywall.
>>
>>27520476
>Awake, O north wind; and come, you south; blow upon my garden, that its spices may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat its pleasant fruits.
>>
Citizenship in a foreign country and a loving wife open to threesomes, and the guarantee that our children wont be pressured to join any religion.
>>
>>27520894
in fact, now that I think about it, if you knew what you were actually linking to, you would have known that there was paywalled content
thereby exposing you as the guy that didn't actually read any of the links!
check and mate, double nigger
>>
>>27520944
>the only reliable looking one, which is Nature
Hahaha, of course you would ignore all the other reliable evidence and hold Nature's results as infallible, silly atheist. The actual standard deviation for the Tucson study was 17 years, not 31, as published; the chi-square distribution value is 8.6 rather than 6.4, and the relative significance level (which measures the reliability of the results) is close to 1% - rather than the published 5%, which is the minimum acceptable threshold.

Again, I posted PDF documents from reliable secular sources which are publically accessible, don't give me this ''but the website is titled shroud xD'' shit. No fucking shit you idiot.
>>
File: oh lookie here.png (38 KB, 490x218) Image search: [Google]
oh lookie here.png
38 KB, 490x218
>>27520980
>didn't actually read any of the links!
I have them bookmarked and read them all from top to bottom. Stop making shit up.
>>
>>27518157
Oh ye of little dubs.

>>27517892
I don't really know but God would so until he presents it, I'll be here waiting.
>>
>>27521033
>33
>Masonic
>they believe a God exists
Oh snap, praise the lawd.
>>
>>27521001
>reliable secular sources
>shroud.it
>>
>>27521001
>>27521023
I know you didn't even read your own links
you double nigger
you just saved them from /x/
argue using your own mind and use them as references nigger ape
>>
Mr. Euphoric Liar here >>27520980 is claiming that those links have paywalls, any Anon is free to verify:
>>
>>27521061
>ignores all the sources contained in the PDF
>ignores all the other links
That PDF document wasn't even written by the creators of that website, they're just hosting the file (like many other websites) you cretin. You'd like it better if the website was named ''baseball.it''?
>>
>>27521083
you have convinced me that Jesus is real and to convert to Christianity
please tell me where your church is so that I can get converted.
>>
>>27517892
>tfw I converted from being an atheist because that's what poor lonely people do.
I'm thinking of becoming an Orthodox Christian because I figure I may as well do it right.
>>
>>27517892
>Atheists, what would it take for you to convert to christianity?

Undeniable proof of the existence of a deity, then proof that your religion is the preferred one of said deity.
>>
>>27521136
>le epic ironic pretentious atheist
Jesus was real, all credible historians agree.

Here's some ancient evidence for Jesus from Non-Christian sources:
https://www.probe.org/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources-2/?print=pdf

PS: Go to your local Catholic Church if you want to convert.
>>
even if I was shown absolute proof that the god of your choice existed and that every single thing you believed was true, I wouldn't convert. There's a lot of fedora tipping reasons for it but ultimately it boils down to fuck you.
>>
>>27521162
>le euphoric liar will now pretend that this link has a paywall
>>
>>27517892
I would have to be given a solid proof (almost irrefutable) and a direct personal revelation of some sort.

Maybe a satisfactory answer to the problem of evil that isn't just free will. That would be nice.
>>
>>27521083
No paywall, can confirm.
>>
>>27521162
We are coming to your church
>>
>>27521162
I think most atheists agree that jesus existed.
>>
>>27518023
Weed Man? If some I'm with you.
>>
>>27517892
a qt christfu
>>
An explanation as to why do terrible things happen, other than god is mysterious or it's all part of god's plan as if you fucking know that for sure.
>>
>>27517892
Why do you post these shitty bait threads anywhere outside of /b/
>>
>>27521187
no, but it's all thirdhand and shaky at best.
>called a liar for calling out bullshit
really feelin' the Christian love. I thought you were supposed to hate hypocrites, not be them you lying double nigger.
>>
>>27521246
You'll be welcomed with open arms.

PS: If one day you'll be actually serious about converting avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid any denomination of heretic protestantism.
>>
>>27521314
>it's all thirdhand and shaky at best
kek

Whatever helps you sleep at night pal.

I also called you a liar because you claimed that the links that I posted had paywalls which is a flat out lie. Also, don't give me this whole ''le don't judge and turn the other cheek lmao jesus was le hippie 420 yay xD'' protestant bullshit.
>>
>>27521316
we are coming with bombs faggot
>>
>>27521357
How old are you? Serious question.

I don't even live in America and I know you think you're being funny so I'm not scared at all, you're just trying to be edgy and everything but you just theatened to bomb a church.

Enjoy having your ISP contacted and location provided to your local police department so your house can be investigated for bomb material after obtaining a warrant for your threats. I'm filing a report right now.
>>
>>27521424
expect us. <3
>>
File: 1458342880205.jpg (65 KB, 539x480) Image search: [Google]
1458342880205.jpg
65 KB, 539x480
>>27521357
>>27521424
BBBBTTTTTFFFFFOOOO

Enjoy getting v& anon
>>
>>27521439
I screencapped your posts and will download the thread (from the archive too) which I will forward to the proper athorities in my report.
>>
>>27521487
have fun wasting your time, like every Sunday morning.
>>
>>27521511
>Sunday morning
I go to church multiple times a week.
>>
>>27521511
>have fun wasting your time
Have fun getting raided in a week or two at 5AM btw.
>>
>>27521533
Epic self burn, bro.
>>
>>27517892
I can't.
Sound like hogwash to me.
>>
File: jesus finds the lost sheep.jpg (15 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
jesus finds the lost sheep.jpg
15 KB, 236x236
>>27520888
23 is a great one. Especially since it relates to my favourite parable, the lost sheep.
>>
>>27521586
I am an organist.
>>
>>27517892
I think something that would help would be of there were a noticible difference between normal people and those of a certain religion. However from my experience people are all pretty much the samr regardless of what their beleifs are, there are assholes and nice people in all different groups.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.