[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here that managed to beat an addiction ? I have food addiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Anyone here that managed to beat an addiction ?
I have food addiction (paired with depression and anxiety to make it better) and it's fuckin ruining my life... I need to find a way to cope or to replace it...
Please
>>
>>27517458
It's kinda easy after the first 2 or 3 weeks like for real, the desire to do the stuff you're addicted starts fading as long as you can hold for the first weeks.

I'm not going to tell you the shit I was into but I got over it by filling all my time with something, anything I could do and waiting for those first weeks.
games, hiking, watching movies, reading, all that shit helps. Find some netflix show you really like and watch an entire season.
>>
I quit cigarettes and marijuana.
>>
>>27517507
Thanks anon... I didn't have any idea of how long the hard period would last... I'll try to go past the first week, thank you it feels a bit less unattainable now.
>>
I quit world of warcraft, doesnt sound hard but I accumulated 3 actual years of playing time in 6 years and it was all I could think about. I got my neighbour to uninstall it for me, delete all my characters and change the password on the account and then I cancelled my internet and threw my computer in the ocean. I also called up blizzard to see if I could blacklist myself like you can with gambling companies but you cant.
Problem is then I got addicted to work so I guess thats an improvement but it seems to be possible to beat an addiction but changing the psychology of an addict is much harder so I would recommend becoming addicted to something less damaging like running or lifting.

Like this anon >>27517507 said it does get easier and the first week is usually the hardest giving stuff up. Food might be a tough one though because you cant give it up completely or youll die
>>
>>27517828
Thanks for sharing your story anon, that must have been hella hard... Well done.
>>
>>27517458
Yes I "beat" drug addiction and alcoholism I guess those I wouldn't use that terminology since a relapse is always possible. However I've been sober long term and am content with life now. If you try what the other posters suggest and it doesn't work (I sure wasn't able to distract myself with life to beat my addiction) try a 12 step program. If your addiction is truly ruining your life then you should be ready to do anything to fix it.
>>
>>27517550
How long were you smoking cigs for, and how'd you quit? I'd honestly love to stop, not for health reasons but just because of how damn expensive it is.
>>
>>27517458
yeah i was on heroin for 7 yrs
been off it 10 yrs now
>>
>here
>implying the ghosts that lurk this site haven't beaten their addiction to life
>>
I quit smoking cigarettes and weed fairly easily just by gradually slowing down, no longer drink, and kicked a cocaine habit but i can not stop stuffing my face with food for anything
>>
>>27517928
Well done anon. But every 12 steps program I've seen involve God somewhere... I'm Agnostic so I don't know if it really works...

>>27518005
Very well done anon.
>>
File: 1437153408008.jpg (35 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
1437153408008.jpg
35 KB, 385x500
>tfw I just converted to Catholicism and was confirmed on Saturday
>tfw addicted to pr0n and jerking off

I need help niggas!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.