[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETs, how did you convince your parents to let you live with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
NEETs, how did you convince your parents to let you live with them? Did it take a lot of effort or was it fairly easy?
>>
Tell them you're trying to be responsible with your money and save it. Make sure you show them you are cutting other costs like not eating as much junk food or going out as much.
>>
>>27516776
>or going out as much
lol

I guess you could also secretly get a po box to have stuff mailed to if you didn't want them to see you actually ordering weeb shit online, etc...

if my parents were actually alive i'd love to be able to move back in and actually save money for awhile and go back to school
>>
File: 1458092070092.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1458092070092.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
I didn't.

Story time

>Grandparents are getting old
>My siblings barely visit them
>Except for me
>I actively visit them because I love them
>They only visit when mom forces them to
>Eventually they die
>They were pretty wealthy so my sibings were clamoring for their share of the wealth
>mfw they gave me ALL of their shit
>mfw my sister bitched at me for it
>mfw I don't have to work a day in my life

Thank you me-maw and pappy I love you
>>
>>27517513
Sounds pretty sweet m8. Guess they put you in the will ahead of time for being best grandchild.
>>
>>27517590
I wish they didn't have to die for it though.

They were pretty cool.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>27516148
I got health problems so I get to live with mine + government help
>>
>let you live with them
>having to ask in the first place

Personally, I can't wait until I get my own place so I can have some fucking privacy, like god damn. Only then can I finally cut myself off from the outside world.
>>
File: 1449207535445.jpg (40 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
1449207535445.jpg
40 KB, 300x364
I just stay out of the way, help out when I can, apply for the odd job that I have no chance of getting.

been a neet from 16-24 so far. just literally be a good boy and you should be fine.
>>
>>27517821

>16

Did you drop out of high school or something?
>>
We are italians

They convinced me
>>
>>27516148
My parents have also been fairly soft on me, but I developed all kinds of sleep issues and depression when I hit 13 or so, and basically flipped the fuck out every single morning before school, so when I turned 16 and said I wanted to quit my parents were pretty much on board with it.

I feel a lot better these days, but now I'm 26 years old with only a GED and no work experience, and I doubt I can escape NEEThood at this point.
>>
>>27517856

yup, it was my 3rd time in the 9th grade so i said fuck it
>>
File: 1408274861034.gif (989 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1408274861034.gif
989 KB, 480x270
>implying I chose the NEET life and that the NEET life didn't choose me
>>
>>27517943
Also forgot to mention that it's just a given to my parents that they'd always provide me with a home and food and basic hygiene items. They'd like me to get a job and help out and do something with my life, but I really don't think they would ever consider just abandoning me.
>>
>>27517954

Damn, I gave less than no fucks about school and everything related to it and I still managed to get through it, even if barely.
>>
>>27517962
this
i cant wait to get out of this state
>>
>>27517513
I am the only grandchild that visits my grandparents too and i'd be lying if the thought of this happening never crossed my mind
>>
My parents said I could live with them as long as I want as long as I help them pay some bills.

>no job
>am neet for over a year

I-i don't know how I'm doing it guys
>>
I'm more alpha and dominant than my parents.
>>
File: giphy.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>27517954
How the fuck do you fail 9th grade two times
>>
>>27518822

You would've failed 9th grade too if the school gave a fuck about you and didn't just say "fuck it, let him pass" despite the fact you were failing every class.
>>
>>27516148
MUMMY WOULD NEVER LET HER SPECIAL LITTLE PRINCE OUT ONTO THE STREETS ALL BY HIMSELF
>>
>>27516148
I live italy so theres no jobs, houses are fucking expensives, and its not a big deal here living with your parents even if over 30 like me
>>
It's way too easy, they've never put any pressure on me at all. If they were to start hounding me about contributing to the household I would crack easily.. I feel kind of guilty about it.
>>
I'm on my own, meng, no parents helping
>>
>>27517912
Hey, me too!
Except I'm not a neet.
The family pooling their wealth together and keeping costs low by living together is truly the most efficient family model.
>>
It just happened naturally after HS, I assume this is typical of the average Neet.

My parents initially forced me to go to the Army, I dropped out of bootcamp halfway in. When I got back, they made me get a job, I worked for a year, then quit. At this point they didnt care anymore
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.