[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The reason I'm still a neet is I have absolutely no confidence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1458031304439.jpg (100 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
1458031304439.jpg
100 KB, 500x679
The reason I'm still a neet is I have absolutely no confidence in my abilities at all. How can you persue something if you feel like you're just going to fail at it? It's the same reason the average person doesn't try to become a theoretical physicist or something along those lines. They know it's a waste of time. That's how I feel about most things, even getting a shitty job seems like a huge deal. idk what to do with myself, I'm just living off of the money I saved up from the last job I got fired from....it's all a mess.
>>
anyone know that feel?

I just don;t know what to do. I never did. SO I sit in my room and waste my life for months and years.
>>
I feel the same way. Currently trying to force myself towards something, I just keep convincing myself that most people are morons who are confident because they don't know how shit they are. If I'm aware I'm shit, at least there is potential to improve, right?
>>
>>27515519
I don't know man. I hope so.
>>
File: 1391350689561.gif (2 MB, 422x237) Image search: [Google]
1391350689561.gif
2 MB, 422x237
What people don't seem to fucking get is that it's not that I'm not trying or that I just gave up before trying; it's that I took a sober, rational look at what I could accomplish with my IQ and natural capabilities.

I actually always DID want to be a theoretical physicist, OP, even before I knew what the proper title was, but I had to cheat to even pass elementary statistics 1 in college, and I can never remember how to solve any algebraic equations, no matter how many times I do them. I can't even do long division anymore. I'm mathematically illiterate despite having years of education spent on my dumb ass-yeah, it'd probably be a good idea for me to keep thinking I can be a physicist when the only math skill I've mastered is counting whole numbers.

People hit walls, and they realize it's fucking retarded to act like they don't exist.
>>
>>27515808
I used to be smart as a kid, then I changed I guess. I was also getting into trouble a lot and there was a lot of negativity going on in my family. idk, you'll go crazy trying to think about things too much, there's just what you are and people judging you.
>>
The problem with most of you guys is that you consider obstacles in ability to be walls that cannot be surmounted, when often they're plateaus of skill where you're stuck at.

I feel that when I hit a plateau of skill and I'm frustrated I take a break when I'm not going to be rational, but I vow to surpass it or die in the process. It's the only way that I can lead a satisfying, fulfilling existence.

The thing about confidence is that, it's not about having skill. It's about being coldly aware of where you stand right now, and still believing that the outcome you desire is possible.

To me, what the average person lacks is ambition and drive. I'm studying a career only 1/10 students in my city are allowed to based on their grades alone, and I am no genius. I simply knew what I wanted to be, what I had to do to do it, and did it.

If you don't know what to do, seek self improvement. Step by step. We humans are incomplete and will die incomplete, and thus anything that you do, any positive habit that you add to your routine will help you. This isn't about doing a 4 hour workout, listening to eye of the tiger and coming out a better person instantly.

The way I see it you can stay there and get the shit and life kicked out of you, or you can get up and try to climb out of hell, one inch at a time, back into the light, and be not who society tells you you are, but the person you really want to be.

Get up. And never give up.
>>
>>27516950
Yeah we sure are different
>>
File: 1458230459937.png (275 KB, 674x473) Image search: [Google]
1458230459937.png
275 KB, 674x473
>not smart
>not good at anything
>fail at everything I attempt
>barely competent at most things
>no talents or passions
>too much pride to just be a lazy NEET but it's the only future I see for myself
>>
>>27516950
So basically what you're telling us is, that you don't have a clue.
Thanks for the advice

>will help you
Will help me what? If I haven't got a goal then nothing is going to help is it?

Nowhere in that shitpost have you mentioned what the goal is supposed to be.
Self improvement? At what? For what?
Fuck you and your arbitrary standards.
>>
Here's the paradox I'm beginning to understand in my own life. I lack confidence in my abilities as a neet because I have no frame of reference to compare my abilities to in reality. Without something to compare or check your own abilities against, it's difficult to see exactly how you stack up.

If you believe that you should be able to perform to a certain extent and fail to perform to that level, you will become disparaged with yourself. However, the level that you are currently able to perform may actually be better or just as good as the average person. Obviously, this is relative to each individual's skillset; being neet doesn't magically make you a rocket scientist or anything.

You've got to focus on what you are good at and find things you wish to become better at without worrying about the opinions of others.

An epiphany I had recently was that my opinion of what other people think of me does not influence their opinion of me in actuality.

Basically, if I think that Jim over there thinks that I'm a loser, I might feel dejected in Jim's presence. The problem here is that Jim didn't actually state that he felt that way, it's me projecting a certain value that references myself from my own perspective rather than Jim's. In reality, Jim may actually think I'm a loser, but he could also think that I'm an average person. Even if I perceive that Jim thinks I'm a loser, it doesn't matter because Jim doesn't know I'm thinking that and it doesn't influence Jim in the least since it's not something present in his sphere of influence.

Thanks for reading my blog senpaitachi.
>>
>>27518497
Good post. Yeah it's hard for me to deal with people's opinions, it's not that I think they immediately know I am shit, it's that I know I am shit and if they probe me enough they'll find out so I hide I guess.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.