[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it impossible to get a job if you have no work experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1425591784332.gif (16 KB, 631x708) Image search: [Google]
1425591784332.gif
16 KB, 631x708
Why is it impossible to get a job if you have no work experience and no connections?
>>
>>27511285
It's difficult, but not impossible. Just apply at retail and shitty jobs they'll take you in if they're hiring
>>
>>27511305
You'd think, but then you go in and the interview goes well, and they refuse to hire you anyway.
>>
why would I want to hire you if you have no idea what you are doing and I also have nobody to vouch for you and tell me you're safe to employ?
>>
>>27511331
It's almost like you could train me or something.
>>
>>27511324
I got my first job when I was 16 and had no experience
>>
>>27511360
you crazy bastard, you're hired !
>>
>>27511411
And let me guess, bought a car and paid off your house in 5 years?

Ok boomer.
>>
>>27511411
You got lucky.

>>27511420
No but fucking really, how fucking difficult is it to fathom that I could possibly be trained and be a good worker?
>>
>>27511285
Of course.

But it'll be a shit job with even shittier pay.
>>
>>27511411
Same. I literally had no references. My application was essentially my personal information and the name of my high school.

OP needs to just apply to several places and eventually one of them will get back to you. No I don't mean good jobs, I mean shitty retail cashier jobs. Once you're there, then you build experience, references, and connections.
>>
>>27511477
>OP needs to just apply to several places and eventually one of them will get back to you. No I don't mean good jobs, I mean shitty retail cashier jobs. Once you're there, then you build experience, references, and connections.
This is exactly what I've been doing for months now. Actually technically years but only recently have I really gotten on the job hunt.
>>
>>27511285
This is probably the worst part about being a robot, even if you somehow fix yourself up you'll be continuously shit on the rest of your life. If you're a former criminal or a former drug addict, at least some people will be understandkng, some will applaud your bravery in overcoming those things. But if you tell people "i used to be a loser with no friends who hid in their room all day" at best people will be disgusted, no matter how successful you are now. You can never seek sympathy or help, and if you manage to climb out of this hole you'll never get any recognition, and you'll probably then be criticized for being behind people your age.
>>
>>27511603
My nigga, I know the feeling.

>tfw basically always keep quiet about barely having any friends and not having a job
>>
>>27511603
>Not lying about becoming your better self by spending time "out there" in isolation.

Aint your that it gives them idea of you being some weird (but respectable) guy who spent couple of years in wilderness instead of 4chan faggot
>>
>turned down by Target after two interviews
>mfw the position I was applying for was as a minimum wage shopping cart attendant

I'm losing hope
>>
>>27511790
>tfw had an interview with Marshall's last week
>felt like I did a good job for once
>both hiring managers were very easy to talk to
>Felt like I made an impression
>they said they'd call back in 2-3 days, period
>never got a single call back
>just applied to their position again on Snagajob
JUST

Should I call them back or something?
>>
File: 1427239716439.jpg (81 KB, 379x364) Image search: [Google]
1427239716439.jpg
81 KB, 379x364
>apply for job
>don't get it
>NEET life extended, mom's patience with me is reset

win win situation to me
>>
at least you guys haven't attended uni for a fuckload of money, finished okay and then entered into the job market only to find every job you apply for has literally HUNDREDS of other applicants. all of them probably have related work experience and all kinds of other shit that leave you in the dark. literally applied to somewhere close to a hundred positions, some of which I admit were too good for me and some of which I was "too educated" for, but mostly positions I was perfect for.

Nothing.

Best I got was a temp gig as an excel cuck for a few months. Was excited thinking they'd keep me on, but no. Was excited that the job experience would aid in finding another, better job, but no.

I should have fucking gone to trade school and studied some woodworking shit or a builder or a cook.

Fuck.
>>
>>27512207
>Nothing.
Fuck man, I know the feeling.

I feel like some people just aren't destined to succeed and that's why we're on here.
>>
The minimum wage.
>>
>be 16
>apply for jobs
>there's literally 2 of everything within a reasonable distance from where I live
>apply to all of them with a professional looking resume of all the volunteering I've done since I was 10
>not a single call from any of them
>rejected by fast food restaurants, sit down restaurants, movie theaters, big retail chains, and anyone else that might hire a 16 year old

I didn't get my first job until I was half way through 17, and I got lucky as fuck because another waiter had just quit the day I turned in an application for the third time.
>>
>>27511285
Because there aren't enough jobs which gives whoever is hiring a large pool to choose from.
>>
>>27511842
Yes call them back or better yet go in.
People who are store managers at shitty jobs always have this retarded power trip that what they are doing maters and want to see you bend over hoops to kiss their ass.
>>
>>27512400

Basically this. When half of your stack is inexperienced 16-20 year olds and some older people who have handled money before then the choice is obvious.
>>
File: 1456887741013.jpg (418 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1456887741013.jpg
418 KB, 768x768
>>27512207
I've been in that spot for almost 2 years now. It's a soul crushing experince to attend interviews only to get rejected. So close but then so far at the same time. I'm planning to build a business if I can get a hold of some money.
>>
>>27512453
What the fuck should I say?
>>
>>27512612
;;jkhuigulyfytdtrsre
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.