[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't society raise boys and girls the same way? It'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Why doesn't society raise boys and girls the same way?
It'd make everything so much better for everyone.
>>
>>27510834
Do you find men attractive? If not then theres the reason
>>
because girls don't want to be given the responsibilities of men
>>
>>27510834

1) human males and human females, taken as two demographic groups, are immutably different from each other. This is just a precise statement of the simpler "men and women are different."

2) as feminism has ably demonstrated, trying to a-sex, de-sex the world, just makes everyone even more miserable in the long run.
>>
>>27510853
Only because of the society we live in. Females are not genetically hard-coded to be lazy.
>>
>>27510843
You're assuming I want everyone to be raised in a traditionally masculine way. That's not what I mean.
>>
>>27510902
You don't de sex the world, you just get rid of the preconceptions of males as alpha and women as beta and have everyone as normal and not marked down to roles.
>>
>>27510920

Your error is in your dismissive attitude of culture as an "only" that can somehow be easily changed and sustained differently, when repeated statistically often enough, and among disparate people who didn't always have anything to do with each other, gender roles consistently manifested in predictable ways.

Culture is not some thing that was arbitrarily decided --- except when it is. Rather, it is informed by and preceded by man's (men and women's) nature as a social animal, with emphasis on both words of that phrase.
>>
>>27511001
I suppose you're right. I should rethink how I view the way roles manifest themselves and how they permeate, but I still believe that the expected roles themselves are an issue.
>>
>>27510994

If we scratch the surface of what you would like the word "normal" to mean, it's going to lead to self-contradictory nonsense. This is literal feminist rhetoric that you are espousing, by the way. What you've just written, is a very basic tenet of what feminists actually belive.

You seem to have a conception of the word "normal", a word familiar to this board in a different context, as the way that things have never actually been, but rather as you would like them to be, or as media messaging idealizes gender equality, which of course is not what normal actually means. For you "normal" is not what it actually is, which is to say: what has actually been historically the case for a majority of the time, but instead this utopian ideal where everyone is just sorta boring and nice to each other, or something. It vaguely connotes in an emotional sense "equal", or "gol, y'know, the way people /should/ act toward each other, y'know, not.... creepy", etc. Either way, it's always rotgut.
>>
>>27510834
Males and females have different roles in society, kids are raised according to that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.